Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Mystery Minis in Arcade Machine

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Wakko

Mystery Minis in Arcade Machine

Postby Wakko » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:17 am

Not sure if anyone else has ever spotted this before, but I'm currently on vacation at the beach with my family, and yesterday we went to an arcade called Sportland on the Ocean City, Maryland boardwalk. Anyway, they had a claw-type machine (it actually drops a magnet instead of a claw) full of Funko Mystery Minis. It had DC Superheroes, Frozen and Despicable Me. (I think that's all it had.) Anyway, for 50 cents I won a Green Lantern mystery mini on my first try.

It seemed so easy that I tried two more times and lost both times. Oh well. Still -- 50 cents for a Mystery Mini is pretty darn sweet.

Side note: Behind the counter they had several other Funko products like POPs and Fabrikations that you could purchase with game tickets, but the ticket prices were huge (like 8000 tickets for a POP; my family spent more than $40 and played games for two hours and still only ended up with 1500 tickets).

sylin

Re: Mystery Minis in Arcade Machine

Postby sylin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:01 am

That's neat! I live in NJ, so maybe a trip to MD is in order sometime soon... :)

wenhol8710

Re: Mystery Minis in Arcade Machine

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:45 am

Haha I saw those in that arcade when we were at Ocean City back in May! I think back then it had some Walking Dead ones in it too. Anyhow, we tried a couple times but didn't have any luck. :D

I'm pretty sure it was that same arcade or else the one right beside it on the Boardwalk that had Pops as prizes for redeeming tickets too, they even had a 9 inch Mickey Mouse. But they cost a LOT of tickets. lol
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Return to “Blind Bags”