Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby sylin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:07 am

There hasn't been much revealed for upcoming Paka Pakas or minis this year.

Super disappointed.

mongoose12

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 am

might be a result from the production slow downs related to the pandemic...i'd be curious to see how the year ends vs how it started :)
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

billydarector

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby billydarector » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 am

With Mandalorian and the Ultimate Princess soon out...there are still a few more sets to see and hunt for:

I think up next:

Deadpool
Lilo and Stitch
Space Jam
Crosses fingers for: Return of the Jedi minis (wishful)
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:02 am

Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:02 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.

What got leaked? All I remember seeing in a leak list is Mandalorian, Disney Princess, and Deadpool.

tgltuz

Postby tgltuz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:15 pm

I felt there’s been less minis this year as opposed to other years. I wasn’t sure why but I’ve been quenching my mystery needs with sodas . I do miss the hunt to complete a line though that mini hunting provided

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:33 am

sylin wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Pretty sure one of the retailer leaked lists had a ton of stuff so I'm sure some announcements will be rolling out throughout the year.

What got leaked? All I remember seeing in a leak list is Mandalorian, Disney Princess, and Deadpool.

Lilo and Stitch: https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 14093.html
Image Image

renardchua

Postby renardchua » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:19 am

Mimic people above with the productions limitations brought about by the pandemic, as well as could be prioritization of Sodas in the pecking order in production given how popular they are right now.

Actually personally can't wait for more as well :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:16 pm

minis were my first Funko love, but the last few years haven't been kind to them. between lack of lines i actually care about, horrible ratios becoming more and more common and Soda being introduced they have really fallen away from the spotlight for me.

RogueSolo
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Mr Yac wrote:minis were my first Funko love, but the last few years haven't been kind to them. between lack of lines i actually care about, horrible ratios becoming more and more common and Soda being introduced they have really fallen away from the spotlight for me.

110% unfortunately.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
900 Mystery Minis, and growing!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Yeah, I think production has been slow this year. I'm guessing stuff we got last year was done before the pandemic shut down.
It seems like there still incoming Mini lines, but I'm a little let down they all seem to be Disney related. I wish we got more variety, like the Dr. Seuss ones a couple years back. I'm sure there are people looking forward to the ones coming out, just seems like Disney properties have too much reach in the Minis line (and POP while I'm at it...). Don't get me wrong though, I like Disney stuff too, just wish there was more variety. I wish we'd get another Sci-Fi, Horror, FNaF, or other unique ones like The Office and other properties that don't get much merchandise.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Yeah, I think production has been slow this year. I'm guessing stuff we got last year was done before the pandemic shut down.
It seems like there still incoming Mini lines, but I'm a little let down they all seem to be Disney related. I wish we got more variety, like the Dr. Seuss ones a couple years back. I'm sure there are people looking forward to the ones coming out, just seems like Disney properties have too much reach in the Minis line (and POP while I'm at it...). Don't get me wrong though, I like Disney stuff too, just wish there was more variety. I wish we'd get another Sci-Fi, Horror, FNaF, or other unique ones like The Office and other properties that don't get much merchandise.

Yup I agree. We had a Disney Princess line already not sure why they did that. Could've done a Prince line or Up, Ratatoulle, or MOTU, Transformers
Image Image

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:59 pm

agreed!!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 am

That's so true. There hasn't been announced this year :-k :-k :-k
ISO: NYCC Freddy Funko Soda Chase
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Image Image
Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 am

I agree...here's hoping for some announcements/reveals/news, anything lol soon

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am

Worse has been the distribution of the mini sets. They seem way more limited or hard to find lately! The mandalorian minis have have tougher to track down
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:05 pm

billydarector wrote:Yup I agree. We had a Disney Princess line already not sure why they did that. Could've done a Prince line or Up, Ratatoulle, or MOTU, Transformers

Transformers would be really cool. I wonder with the new MOTU Netflix show coming out soon if they could release some around that time?
Poppin'

mactds

Postby mactds » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Hoping we get some more soon. Lately it has all been either pop or soda. Could use some more Paka Paka for sure!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 am

mactds wrote:Hoping we get some more soon. Lately it has all been either pop or soda. Could use some more Paka Paka for sure!

I actually broke down today and bought 4 of the Daisy Dukes Dogs pakas from sheer boredom. I figured why not, maybe I'll get a dragon (I did not!). So the dogs will get passed onto my god-daughter, who will think they are the cutest things ever. Really wish they'd just been regular dogs, I would've gone hard after a line like that!

As for minis, so far the only ones I want this year are the Deadpool minis. Normally by now, I'm looking forward to / dreading at least 3 mini lines, and knowing I'll get some surprises later in the year. While I'm enjoying the focus on sodas for now, I really hope minis and pakas don't fall off the radar for new stuff. I really enjoy the hunting and questing for a complete set!

Return to “Blind Bags”