Horror minis series 2.

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
wickerjay

Re: Horror minis series 2.

Postby wickerjay » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:29 pm

TheLastDude wrote:Picked up seven boxes today at Gamestop. I pulled Shaun and Ed (yay! The two I wanted most of all), Cthulhu, Beetlejuice, Eric Draven, Frankenstein's Monster, and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Just excellent figures. I might still pick up Hitchcock, Nosferatu, and Edward Scissorhands loose...but I have all the ones I wanted the most now!

I went to Gamestop today too, but only bought two as that's all they would sell me. I got the matched pair of Shaun and Ed as well. Even though they're commons it was cool to get both of them in one buy.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Congrats on the pulls everyone.

And Happy Birthday wickerjay!
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Woo-hoo! Gamestop had a full case!
Double Woo-hoo! I got the two I really, really wanted: Orlock and The Fly! I also pulled GitD Cthulhu!

I'll be dumping photos here in a few minutes! Solid 10/10 line, seriously! There's not a single figure I don't like. Even Scissorhands, a character I don't care, for is amazing!

Okay now for the photo dump:
Here is my pull from a full case! Poor Ed and Shaun, I guess zombies are the least of their concerns now.

My Horror Figure collection
As you can see, they fit in well with the Series 1 figures! I'll be updating this later with more figures, but for now I'm very happy!

Bonus photo:
Here are the Universal monsters grouped together!

Let me know if anyone wants more photos of the new figures! Case layout I have too, but I don't know the case letter. Does that matter?
Last edited by ShyGuyPal on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:03 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Woo-hoo! Gamestop had a full case!
Double Woo-hoo! I got the two I really, really wanted: Orlock and The Fly! I also pulled GitD Cthulu!

I'll be dumping photos here in a few minutes! Solid 10/10 line, seriously! There's not a single figure I don't like. Even Scissorhands, a character I don't care, for is amazing!

Okay now for the photo dump:
Here is my pull from a full case! Poor Ed and Shaun, I guess zombies are the least of their concerns now.

My Horror Figure collection
As you can see, they fit in well with the Series 1 figures! I'll be updating this later with more figures, but for now I'm very happy!

Bonus photo:
Here are the Universal monsters grouped together!

Let me know if anyone wants more photos of the new figures! Case layout I have too, but I don't know the case letter. Does that matter?

Thanks for sharing your pics and congrats on your new minis! They make for a great looking set.

I would definitely be interested to know your case layout.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:09 pm

zoomfactor32 wrote:Thanks for sharing your pics and congrats on your new minis! They make for a great looking set.

I would definitely be interested to know your case layout.

Thanks too! I'm very happy with all of them. I wouldn't even be upset getting doubles of some of the commons they are that cool (not to jinx it).

I got to be honest, I got a bit excited towards the end and so the bottom distribution may be off. Either way, my case layout was:

Top:
(Back)
GitD Cthulhu____The Fly
Alfred H._______Ed
Shaun_________Orlok
(Front)

Bottom:
(Back)
Creature______Edward S.
Stripe________Beetlejuice
David________Creature
(Front)

Oh, oh! And another thing I noticed when opening them. They all weighed relatively the same. Like it was way harder to tell, versus Series 1 where you had small, medium and large figures. Series 2 has nearly all medium sized figures, and even Stripe weighed roughly the same as the mediums. He's not a small figure is what I'm getting at. Cthulhu, Ed, and Edward Scissorhands stood out to me instantly in terms of weight. I think Alfred Hitchcock did too.

Okay, a few last remarks before bed:
They are just as good of quality as Series 1, but I noticed some scuff marks on mine in odd places. I feel like scuffing is more common with these figures.
They have a lot of hidden details you won't notice at first. For example, Beetlejuice has his red ring on his finger.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:47 am

May ask those who are finding these -- is anybody on the East Coast?
Who is this Hans?

ckmoak

Postby ckmoak » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 am

I'm East Coast, southern NH. I've seen multiple GameStops with series 2, and Hot Topic claims to have them coming in any day now. Newbury Comics, for NH and MA people, says they ordered a vast quantity but the ship date keeps being bumped so they don't know when they'll hit shelves. Aside from those big retailers, I've seen a few independent comic shops stocking.

GameStops in NH have figures for $6.99 tax free!
Searching for: Gabriel, Hellhound, Popcorn Gremlin

molamola790

Postby molamola790 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:20 am

I live on long island and was able to get the entire case at a gamestop.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 am

Great! I'm in the NY area so I will be trying this morning!
Who is this Hans?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:29 am

Are there coupons or discounts you can use at GS? An entire case works out to be more $$$ than at HT with all the discounts they usually offer.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:35 am

Heading downstate(Syracuse), I am hoping I run into some of these at the Hot Topics I am going to stop at. :)
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 am

I got mine from the South West United States. They apparently hit a Gamestop near me Thursday (where I got the figures), but they didn't hit other Gamestops or Hot Topic yet. Good luck you all! I hope you find them! :)

If anyone gets them at Hot Topic, can you say if they got the exclusives (Cinema Gremlin, Eric Draven, etc.)? I may end up trying to 100% this series since I love the figures so much! Also would love to see pics of Pinhead whoever gets him!

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:18 am

Everyone assumes that the exclusives are from Hot Topic, but what about the possibility of some other place or maybe Loot Crate like the Sci-Fi Malcolm Reynolds?

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:25 am

I checked HT yesterday. And they hadn't received any. Hell they didn't even know a new series was coming out
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:40 am

wickerjay wrote:Everyone assumes that the exclusives are from Hot Topic, but what about the possibility of some other place or maybe Loot Crate like the Sci-Fi Malcolm Reynolds?

Yeah it very well could be. I think based on track record of HT exclusives, there being more than one revealed, and HT being the place to go for horror related merchandise for years, it seems so appropriate. I'd honestly be a bit upset if it were a non-retail exclusive, like a con exclusive or something.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:57 am

I found a complete case at my local GameStop. I wound up with the rares: Nosferatu, The Fly and the GITD Chtulu. Will post pictures later
Who is this Hans?

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:01 pm

I'm kicking myself for not biting on the GITD Cthulhu for $20 shipped on eBay last night, but I had to hold off just in case my wife had bought some blind boxes for my B-day. I didn't want to spoil any "enthusiasm" if I had already gotten one. I'm nuts now though, and I'm going to hit every Gamestop in a 10 mile radius (in the urban area I live, that's a lot of stores).

ckmoak

Postby ckmoak » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:27 pm

If you find yourself lacking the GITD after you've exhausted your resources, I have an extra I'm happy to part with.
Searching for: Gabriel, Hellhound, Popcorn Gremlin

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Found them in West Virginia for the person who was asking about the East Coast.

Bought 4, both of the Top back row, and the first 2 in the left row on the bottom. Unfortunately I don't know which ones were which, cause the guy tossed them in a bag and I lost track.

Anyway, the pull was Alfred Hitchcock (regular), Stripe, Frankenstein, and Ed.

Contemplating going back up and buying more since the rares are still in the box!!

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:58 pm

My wife was able to get a full case, but it was pre-jumbled before she got there. They only received one case at the store so she knows it wasn't a mix. I'll post what we get, but it won't be much help without knowing original placement or assortment letter.
Last edited by wickerjay on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:59 pm

I just want pinhead. I see lots of box buying in my future lol
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Headed back to the same Gamestop and bought the rest of the case!! (They had re-aligned it from my earlier purchase, so I still don't know what was where...sorry)

The rest was:
Shaun
GITD Cthulhu
Creature
The Fly
David
Nosferatu
Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands

If anyone has a regular Cthulhu they are willing to trade, I would be willing to part with Scissorhands, Hitchcock, or The Fly. Also looking for a Crow......

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Willing to trade weights (in packs and loose) via PM if anyone wants to from their cases.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:08 pm

Blehschmidt wrote:Headed back to the same Gamestop and bought the rest of the case!! (They had re-aligned it from my earlier purchase, so I still don't know what was where...sorry)

The rest was:
Shaun
GITD Cthulhu
Creature
The Fly
David
Nosferatu
Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands

If anyone has a regular Cthulhu they are willing to trade, I would be willing to part with Scissorhands, Hitchcock, or The Fly. Also looking for a Crow......

You had the same case as me. My GS took all of them out of the box and lined them up on the shelf, but I knew they were from one case because the employee who put them out explained as such.
Who is this Hans?

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 pm

There's only three rares per case, right?

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:05 pm

jester00 wrote:I just want pinhead. I see lots of box buying in my future lol

Just a heads up, I've been seeing Pinhead show up on eBay for ~$50.

wickerjay wrote:Willing to trade weights (in packs and loose) via PM if anyone wants to from their cases.

I don't have a scale, but would be interested in seeing weights too. If I get extra rares, I'll happily trade them for other rares or figures from Series 1.

wickerjay wrote:There's only three rares per case, right?

Yes,

Any signs of the Cinema Gremlin or Eric Draven from any stores or boxes?

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:11 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
jester00 wrote:I just want pinhead. I see lots of box buying in my future lol

Just a heads up, I've been seeing Pinhead show up on eBay for ~$50.

wickerjay wrote:Willing to trade weights (in packs and loose) via PM if anyone wants to from their cases.

I don't have a scale, but would be interested in seeing weights too. If I get extra rares, I'll happily trade them for other rares or figures from Series 1.

wickerjay wrote:There's only three rares per case, right?

Yes,

Any signs of the Cinema Gremlin or Eric Draven from any stores or boxes?

No signs of exclusives from my cases.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Nothing at HT, but GS had a case in for a day and already four were missing, so I only bought two - ended up with Cthulu and American Werewolf, not bad! Think I'll wait until HT gets theirs though, since my chance of ending up with double of the commons if I go back again is pretty high.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:52 pm

So I ended up with dupes of Crow, Cthulu, and Fly. I have none of the other rares so I would be open to trades. PM if interested.

Daemon373

Postby Daemon373 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:35 am

Hi all,
New to the message boards, so I thought I'd give a little info I've found to help my fellow horror hunters.

I've been to the three local Gamestop stores in the Naples, FL area and I've found a pattern with the uncommon & rare figures. Out of the three cases that I've picked from, I've found that the hard to find figures have always been on the top layer, and they've been in 1 of the following three patterns:
[__] [ X ]
[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]

[__] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[ X ] [ X ]

[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[__] [ X ]

Hope this helps, and good luck to everybody!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:59 am

Daemon373 wrote:Hi all,
New to the message boards, so I thought I'd give a little info I've found to help my fellow horror hunters.

I've been to the three local Gamestop stores in the Naples, FL area and I've found a pattern with the uncommon & rare figures. Out of the three cases that I've picked from, I've found that the hard to find figures have always been on the top layer, and they've been in 1 of the following three patterns:
[__] [ X ]
[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]

[__] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[ X ] [ X ]

[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[__] [ X ]

Thanks Daemon! I might try my hand today if I come across a full case. Is the Werewolf heavy like Cthulhu or lighter like Shaun?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:16 am

The Werewolf was almost as heavy. Cthulu is almost like the Dragons from GoT:2, you should be able to feel him from squeezing the box.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:23 am

Went to my GS the other day, picked up two, they only had 5 boxes left, should have bought them all, but I bought 2.
Pulled Nosferatu and Gremlin, not to bad, got to find Hitchcock!
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Daemon373

Postby Daemon373 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:14 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
Daemon373 wrote:Hi all,

[__] [ X ]
[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]

[__] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[ X ] [ X ]

[ X ] [ X ]
[__] [__]
[__] [ X ]

Thanks Daemon! I might try my hand today if I come across a full case. Is the Werewolf heavy like Cthulhu or lighter like Shaun?

I couldn't notice a weight difference just by holding the boxes, but Cthulhu himself is a bit of a heftier fella.
Still got an incoming box under my name at Hot Topic, gonna try the pattern method when it comes in.
Fingers crossed I nab some good trade material, or even that elusive Pinhead!

FunkoLuver89

Postby FunkoLuver89 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:35 pm

When is HT getting these??
pops: 12 | minis: 40 | pop protos: 17 | mini protos: 35 | hikari: 1 | freddy vinyl: 4

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Daemon373, thanks so much! I pulled two of the last boxes on the top of the case and pulled a Shaun and GitD Cthulhu! Worked like a charm! :)

I'm open to trading my Shaun and GitD Cthulhu since they are duplicates.
I'm currently looking for: Series 1 normal Jason, normal Cthulhu, Crow, and American Werewolf

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:08 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Daemon373, thanks so much! I pulled two of the last boxes on the top of the case and pulled a Shaun and GitD Cthulhu! Worked like a charm! :)

I'm open to trading my Shaun and GitD Cthulhu since they are duplicates.
I'm currently looking for: Series 1 normal Jason, normal Cthulhu, Crow, and American Werewolf

I'm interested in your gitd Cthulu.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Pobble

Postby Pobble » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks for all the info being shared about the gamestop cases, hope to hit a few stores tomorrow. Been stuck at work all weekend, ugh!
Hi, I'm Jamie

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:19 pm

I went to a different game stop and I found a case that had been picked over. However, I read a tip here that the American Werewolf is a heavy one, so I went for the heaviest figure and lo and behold it was the werewolf! So that means all I am missing is Pinhead, B&W Hitchcock, Crow and regular Cthulhu.
Who is this Hans?

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Has anyone here gotten a Pinhead yet?

Return to “Blind Bags”