Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
JorEl15

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby JorEl15 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:11 pm

These were available at the HQ opening today! My sister pulled both 1/72!
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:17 pm

JorEl15 wrote:These were available at the HQ opening today! My sister pulled both 1/72!

THat is amazing odds congrats to here

I was originally going to buy 3 cases, 1 reg, 1 hot topic and 1 barns but with so many doubles Ill probably just do one case from who ever gets them first and then try individually for the exclusives. I dont need to knowingly buy a whole case of extras.

They look so good tho, seeing the pics of the ones people have picked up today I cant wait to start buying
- tauntaunking on instagram

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
HellKat613 wrote:Those ratios ugh. I don't think its worth ordering cases on this set, which sucks since it's the only way Ilol get a chance at exclusives besides ebay. Just thinking ebay may be the cheapest way to complete the set is cringe worthy.

Yeah I agree... with three auto-doubles in a case, even with pre-ordering one for AU$100 that's still only two free figures compared to paying full price, but at least there's a chance of avoiding bad doubles if you go for singles... I was really looking forward to pre-ordering at least two cases but that means 4x each of Ron, Harry and Snape and it's just not worth it... At least if it WAS Hermione this time, my daughter would take one...

Katers wrote:Ah man, those are some icky numbers. I'm both really excited for and really dreading this hunt! I keep stalking the various websites to see if they're listed yet, but no such luck...

From what I heard from my local (Sydney, AU) seller, the B&N are being released here on the 31st August and the Hot Topic is September 30... Pretty sure it would be similar worldwide..? I know I'll be there first thing on the 31st to get a few, that's for sure... depending on what I get (hopefully we get some layouts?) I might still get a case or wait until the regular ratios...

I will keep those dates in my head as the day I stalk the stores! A friend/HT employee said she'd let me know as soon as she hears anything about the release date, so if I hear anything, I'll let you all know, too!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:18 am

opopssum wrote:Just saw in yoko and Cameron's HQ tour they have the second wave available in their (the HQ) store

Argh - like the nine thousandth reason I should've gone to the grand opening! Oh no, I told myself, save your vacation time for ECCC! What was I thinking!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:14 am

Katers wrote:
opopssum wrote:Just saw in yoko and Cameron's HQ tour they have the second wave available in their (the HQ) store

Argh - like the nine thousandth reason I should've gone to the grand opening! Oh no, I told myself, save your vacation time for ECCC! What was I thinking!

Same, the exclusives were cool but I would dropped a mint in HP land and been ready to go, all the pops, the cases of minis, tshirts, cases of minis, and the cases of minis lol the non glam pics on instagram look so good

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:52 am

I didn't buy any at HQ, but I was very tempted. One Funatic bought a case and believes this might be another situation where the listed ratios don't match the actual ratios.

She also got multiple "1/72" in one case. I'm sure she'll post her results once the trip is over.

For now, I would recommend being patient to buying singles until more cases are opened and actual results are aggregated.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am

squidward wrote:I didn't buy any at HQ, but I was very tempted. One Funatic bought a case and believes this might be another situation where the listed ratios don't match the actual ratios.

She also got multiple "1/72" in one case. I'm sure she'll post her results once the trip is over.

For now, I would recommend being patient to buying singles until more cases are opened and actual results are aggregated.

Cheers for the hope... better to have some and have it get dashed than none at all :)

Are they just available at Funko stores or have they made it into the wild over there elsewhere?

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 am

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

Same, the exclusives were cool but I would dropped a mint in HP land and been ready to go, all the pops, the cases of minis, tshirts, cases of minis, and the cases of minis lol the non glam pics on instagram look so good

I know it would ruin the look of HP land, but seriously, I need some caution tape up there. Something has to make me pause! Plus, the excitement of being there for the grand opening would have fueled the frenzy!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 am

squidward wrote:I didn't buy any at HQ, but I was very tempted. One Funatic bought a case and believes this might be another situation where the listed ratios don't match the actual ratios.

Good to know and hope for! My current plan is to weigh everything once I find me some cases, and set aside anything that's an exact (within .02 probably) match. We'll see how long that lasts though!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

That's me! I can post some pics once we unpack, but I had bought a full case (which I believed was untouched, but totally could have been messed up) and gotten multiples of certain ones and none or just one of the others that are supposed to be 1/6 (like I didn't get a Snape at all).

Someone I was chatting with in the store on Sunday said that Funko may be doing ratios based on a "master case" which is a set of 6 cases. That could explain some of it, but it seems odd of them to have changed their style after so many sets that are actually 1/12.

I'm hoping we know more as they come out in September.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGewLDg6j4/

Posted my haul above. As you can see, I got multiples of ones that are supposed to be 1/72. This is from one case and two extras (grabbed from another full case). In retrospect I should have grabbed both cases but I couldn't carry it all and figured they might still have more the next day. It is entirely possibly my case was messed with in some way since it wasn't sealed.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:10 pm

kihou wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGewLDg6j4/

Posted my haul above. As you can see, I got multiples of ones that are supposed to be 1/72. This is from one case and two extras (grabbed from another full case). In retrospect I should have grabbed both cases but I couldn't carry it all and figured they might still have more the next day. It is entirely possibly my case was messed with in some way since it wasn't sealed.

The trio in the sorting hat are really cute and the merperso looks so cool id be ok with it not being 1/72, the horntail also looks really detailed for a mini, they all look good. Regardless very nice pulls, if the merperson and the pixi are 1/72 can you pm me some lotto numbers lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:48 pm

With all these new ratio problems and such this will be a bard set to complete I feel. I do not have the time to drive from store to store and using whatever tricks to get what I need might just suck it up and pay crazy ebay prices atleast time and sanity of doubles will be saved.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:07 pm

hailmary25 wrote:With all these new ratio problems and such this will be a bard set to complete I feel. I do not have the time to drive from store to store and using whatever tricks to get what I need might just suck it up and pay crazy ebay prices atleast time and sanity of doubles will be saved.

Yeah, they are not making it easy to find them or trade when the ratios are all over the place. I would say wait it out a bit to see where the ratios end up, then buy on ebay if you can't find any.
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 pm

kihou wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:With all these new ratio problems and such this will be a bard set to complete I feel. I do not have the time to drive from store to store and using whatever tricks to get what I need might just suck it up and pay crazy ebay prices atleast time and sanity of doubles will be saved.

Yeah, they are not making it easy to find them or trade when the ratios are all over the place. I would say wait it out a bit to see where the ratios end up, then buy on ebay if you can't find any.

Yeah i mean have you seen the craziness that is star wars. 1/72 at one store are 1/12 at the others. I mean that helps keep common prices down maybe but the exclusives are going to go crazy

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:14 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
kihou wrote:

Yeah i mean have you seen the craziness that is star wars. 1/72 at one store are 1/12 at the others. I mean that helps keep common prices down maybe but the exclusives are going to go crazy

Yeah, it makes it harder to trade for store exclusives. For example, I was able to trade a store exclusive 1/36 Villain mini for a McGonnagall 1/72 from HP series 1 so it evened out mostly.
ISO Mystery Minis!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Radar toys has them for sale on ebay

And their web site (its cheaper on the web site) I just ordered a case, an early birthday gift to my self

https://www.radartoys.com/products/funk ... nyl-figure

It came to 85.50 for a case when you use "toy love" at check out.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Hmm... I thought Aussies were getting a bit screwed on minis over here, but I can pre-order cases for AU$100 delivered which currently works out to about US$80 - so it's really just the lack of eBay activity that has us at a disadvantage as pre-order prices really adds up to two free boxes, which means only one dupe that I'd have to cover the cost for if the ratios work out... So maybe I'm back on board the "buying a case" bandwagon...

Thanks so much for posting that, I have a slight hope then that while things might be all over the place, I might not get stuck with the useless dupes... Can you remember which were the two that were from the different case? That's a really big discrepancy with regards to the ratios... No Snape, no Thestral? Hmm...

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:Hmm... I thought Aussies were getting a bit screwed on minis over here, but I can pre-order cases for AU$100 delivered which currently works out to about US$80 - so it's really just the lack of eBay activity that has us at a disadvantage as pre-order prices really adds up to two free boxes, which means only one dupe that I'd have to cover the cost for if the ratios work out... So maybe I'm back on board the "buying a case" bandwagon...

Thanks so much for posting that, I have a slight hope then that while things might be all over the place, I might not get stuck with the useless dupes... Can you remember which were the two that were from the different case? That's a really big discrepancy with regards to the ratios... No Snape, no Thestral? Hmm...

Yeah the two that were from a separate case were a Ron and the merman.
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:14 am

I do not think I will be buying a case at this point. Really the point is to get the base set or something close. Not dupes of non 1/6 lol

Daisy05

Postby Daisy05 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Is Radar Toys one of the first to get/ship Pops? If so, I may grab a case from there so I can get the weights quickly and track down the rest. Their prices is pretty steep, but it might be worth it to avoid the aggravation from waiting for a case from somewhere cheaper.
Wanted: HT Exclusive Mini Rhaegal

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 am

Daisy05 wrote:Is Radar Toys one of the first to get/ship Pops? If so, I may grab a case from there so I can get the weights quickly and track down the rest. Their prices is pretty steep, but it might be worth it to avoid the aggravation from waiting for a case from somewhere cheaper.

If you use toy love for 10 off it comes to 85.50 shipped so its about 7.13 a mini, If you can afford to throw down for a full case its not too bad. For me what has kept me from case buying in the past has been $$$ 7-8 bucks here and there for individual minis I can usually afford I dont have 80+$ laying around often but i put away for these about a month and half ago. Radar often has new releases before other stores Im guessing since they are so close to funko? if that factors at all. they have fast (free) shipping so that is also really nice. I ordered my case yesterday and it will be here tomorrow.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 pm

I got my case in today and the details are amazing on this set, the little things like the pattern on Belltrix dress and her knife, the shading on the Thestral. The new trio is really cute in the sorting hat.

I posted some detailed (as detailed as I could get) pictures on my Instagram (tauntaunking)

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:33 am

opopssum wrote:I got my case in today and the details are amazing on this set, the little things like the pattern on Belltrix dress and her knife, the shading on the Thestral. The new trio is really cute in the sorting hat.

I posted some detailed (as detailed as I could get) pictures on my Instagram (tauntaunking)

Saw your pics! What did you get doubles of (since you only posted 9)?
ISO Mystery Minis!

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:35 am

Someone in the Facebook minis group posted his box, which he got from someone who attended HQ opening and said they got a full box from the back. His box was horrendous, and it makes me think that they had combined boxes in back somehow maybe. He got two dragons, two Hermiones, two Dementors, two Rons, two imps, a Bellatrix, and a Lupin. @_@

I'm really hoping that something was up with the boxes that were released here and that it's not messed up for everyone.
ISO Mystery Minis!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 am

kihou wrote:
opopssum wrote:I got my case in today and the details are amazing on this set, the little things like the pattern on Belltrix dress and her knife, the shading on the Thestral. The new trio is really cute in the sorting hat.

I got doubles of the 1/6s harry, ron and snape I couldn't get them in the group shot. I dont have much to compare but of the 3 i got doubles of, and could compare to one another, they all had equal and good paint jobs, even for super small details on the crest of the tie was well done and the same across the bored.
It seems like maybe the HQ cases were skwed, lot of pixies seem to be coming from there, but my case seemed pretty average, the 1/6 being doubles 1 1/36 and 1 1/24 being together I got the 1/12s

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:08 am

opopssum wrote:
kihou wrote:

I got doubles of the 1/6s harry, ron and snape I couldn't get them in the group shot. I dont have much to compare but of the 3 i got doubles of, and could compare to one another, they all had equal and good paint jobs, even for super small details on the crest of the tie was well done and the same across the bored.

So did your ratios seem correct overall? You got the 1/12s you expected, an uncommon, and a rare?
ISO Mystery Minis!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:13 am

kihou wrote:
opopssum wrote:
kihou wrote:Saw your pics! What did you get doubles of (since you only posted 9)?

So did your ratios seem correct overall? You got the 1/12s you expected, an uncommon, and a rare?

It seems like maybe the HQ cases were skewed, lot of pixies seem to be coming from there, but my case seemed pretty average, the 1/6 being doubles 1 1/36 and 1 1/24 being together I got the 1/12s

After I made my post I thought of that info and went back to add it. I would definitely call my case a typical one id expect to buy from a store, every thing in order. It seems like the last few recent waves have been a little messed up (looking at you justice league) but hopefully that was just a glitch and the harry potter are a little more 'typical' mystery mini buying experience.

If it makes any difference there was a 'c' sticker on my box I didnt take a layout shot tho I had weighed them then dove right in

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:01 am

opopssum wrote:
kihou wrote:
opopssum wrote:

It seems like maybe the HQ cases were skewed, lot of pixies seem to be coming from there, but my case seemed pretty average, the 1/6 being doubles 1 1/36 and 1 1/24 being together I got the 1/12s

After I made my post I thought of that info and went back to add it. I would definitely call my case a typical one id expect to buy from a store, every thing in order. It seems like the last few recent waves have been a little messed up (looking at you justice league) but hopefully that was just a glitch and the harry potter are a little more 'typical' mystery mini buying experience.

If it makes any difference there was a 'c' sticker on my box I didnt take a layout shot tho I had weighed them then dove right in

Thanks for the info! I hope as more people get "normal" cases we will learn more. Your post really helps :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

Daisy05

Postby Daisy05 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 pm

My case comes tomorrow! I'll share a layout and weights.
Wanted: HT Exclusive Mini Rhaegal

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:52 am

opopssum wrote:It seems like maybe the HQ cases were skewed, lot of pixies seem to be coming from there, but my case seemed pretty average, the 1/6 being doubles 1 1/36 and 1 1/24 being together I got the 1/12s

Thanks heaps for sharing, the pics looked great as well!

Your box certainly sounds more normal, but with Bellatrix being a 1/24 as well, with both Lupin and Luna does that work out as correct?

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Does anyone have the Pixie and also the SDCC creatures 3 pack from last year. Is there any difference between the them? Any thing like height or coloring? if its the same it will knock it way down on my priority list.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:19 pm

My scale and I went to the mall today, just to see - and lo and behold, Boxlunch had a bunch of them! They didn't keep them in the case, so have no idea of a layout, but ended up buying 9 boxes (Boxlunch had a sale going on, buy 2 get 1 free everything under $10). Managed to pull the Dragon, Ron (x2), Pig, Snape (x2), Thestral, Dementor and Grindylow. Not a bad haul, and thankfully not a million dupes this round!

The boxlunch employees were pretty entertained that I had a scale. 1 actually wanted to help, and let me use their checkout desk as my flat place, and another grabbed paper and a pen for my friend to keep track of what box weighed what. All in all a pretty fun experience! Though, as usual, I could REALLY have done without the duplicates!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:21 am

Katers wrote:My scale and I went to the mall today, just to see - and lo and behold, Boxlunch had a bunch of them! They didn't keep them in the case, so have no idea of a layout, but ended up buying 9 boxes (Boxlunch had a sale going on, buy 2 get 1 free everything under $10). Managed to pull the Dragon, Ron (x2), Pig, Snape (x2), Thestral, Dementor and Grindylow. Not a bad haul, and thankfully not a million dupes this round!

The boxlunch employees were pretty entertained that I had a scale. 1 actually wanted to help, and let me use their checkout desk as my flat place, and another grabbed paper and a pen for my friend to keep track of what box weighed what. All in all a pretty fun experience! Though, as usual, I could REALLY have done without the duplicates!

Nice pulls \:D/ \:D/ , iv never been to a box lunch before now I may be there twice i one week. Pig is such a lil cutie and you have ron to go with him, also how amazing are the thestral and the dementor?? I dont have the dementor my self but his pop and key chain sculpt blow me away so I assume the mini is as amazing and that thestral is the sweetest looking thing.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:37 pm

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:My scale and I went to the mall today, just to see - and lo and behold, Boxlunch had a bunch of them! They didn't keep them in the case, so have no idea of a layout, but ended up buying 9 boxes (Boxlunch had a sale going on, buy 2 get 1 free everything under $10). Managed to pull the Dragon, Ron (x2), Pig, Snape (x2), Thestral, Dementor and Grindylow. Not a bad haul, and thankfully not a million dupes this round!

Nice pulls \:D/ \:D/ , iv never been to a box lunch before now I may be there twice i one week. Pig is such a lil cutie and you have ron to go with him, also how amazing are the thestral and the dementor?? I dont have the dementor my self but his pop and key chain sculpt blow me away so I assume the mini is as amazing and that thestral is the sweetest looking thing.

Yeah, pulling Pig to go with Ron totally made my day, he's so adorable! The Dementor is driving me a little nuts, he's a little bit lopsided (bastion of evil!!), but the thestral and the dragon might be my new favorite things. The details on both of them are just amazing, especially when you think about how small a scale they are working with!
Image ImageImage Image

Zoreta

Postby Zoreta » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:10 am

Box Lunch had a display out, got Ron and Hermione and the pixie. I had hoped the pixie was rare enough for a trade but it seems the ratios don't match the box lists. The pixie was the only light box left in the display, but at least I have 2/3 of the trio.

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 am

I wish there were Box Lunch stores near me. Anyone see these at HT or BN yet?

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Zoreta wrote:Box Lunch had a display out, got Ron and Hermione and the pixie. I had hoped the pixie was rare enough for a trade but it seems the ratios don't match the box lists. The pixie was the only light box left in the display, but at least I have 2/3 of the trio.

I had reported that the ratios were off based on my box (and others who had purchased them) from the Funko HQ sale, but as people open the regular cases, they are normal/as expected. So you got a rare with the pixie!
ISO Mystery Minis!

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 pm

I guess they just wanted those minis sold!

Congrats on the nice haul! That Dementor is AWESOME!!!
I'm Abe

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:46 pm

have not seen these at any store in my area yet

Return to “Blind Bags”