Walking Dead Series 3 Minis - Best one yet!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MannieTheDragon

Re: Walking Dead Series 3 Minis - Best one yet!

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:58 am

saban wrote:
MannieTheDragon wrote:
stacyinil wrote:Yeah, but then you're problem is that there is also Carol and Maggie who are both light too. I don't have them nearby to weigh.

I think anyone buying these will probably end up with that darn maggot walker and multiples of him too.

The have to get Washington DC group together at last.

ImageHave to get to DC by stacyinil, on Flickr

Stacy in IL

peronsally I'd love to get a carol or maggie figure... or anything other than the damn golf club and maggot walkers. :(

Oh they look so awesome! If you want I have Carol and Maggie.
Carol, YES, absolutely!
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
saban wrote:
MannieTheDragon wrote:
stacyinil wrote:Yeah, but then you're problem is that there is also Carol and Maggie who are both light too. I don't have them nearby to weigh.

I think anyone buying these will probably end up with that darn maggot walker and multiples of him too.

The have to get Washington DC group together at last.

ImageHave to get to DC by stacyinil, on Flickr

Stacy in IL

peronsally I'd love to get a carol or maggie figure... or anything other than the damn golf club and maggot walkers. :(

Oh they look so awesome! If you want I have Carol and Maggie.
Carol, YES, absolutely!

Send me a pm.
IG: vickyisodd

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:37 am

On topic, but off topic, sort of... Does anyone happen to have an extra teddy bear walker from series 1? PM me if you do.
The North Remembers.

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:05 pm

OK, I need to vent. I bought a case of Walking Dead minis during the Hot Cash sale. The employee said they had gotten in new cases of minis and got me a case from the back and it was still in the shipping box. I finally got to opening them today (a week of procrastination from C2E2 and work), and after opening them, it was clearly a tampered or returned case. I ended up with 1 daryl, 1 glenn, 1 Hershell, 2 ricks, 2 regular Tyreese(which aren't even a part of the Hot Topic layout), and 5 maggot zombies! Here I am expecting to get a basic set plus 3 chases and end up with this mess. I am so irritated right now. Worse part is with them being mystery minis, I'm assuming they are not returnable. OK rant over, thanks for listening.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:20 pm

GameOfWhooves wrote:OK, I need to vent. I bought a case of Walking Dead minis during the Hot Cash sale. The employee said they had gotten in new cases of minis and got me a case from the back and it was still in the shipping box. I finally got to opening them today (a week of procrastination from C2E2 and work), and after opening them, it was clearly a tampered or returned case. I ended up with 1 daryl, 1 glenn, 1 Hershell, 2 ricks, 2 regular Tyreese(which aren't even a part of the Hot Topic layout), and 5 maggot zombies! Here I am expecting to get a basic set plus 3 chases and end up with this mess. I am so irritated right now. Worse part is with them being mystery minis, I'm assuming they are not returnable. OK rant over, thanks for listening.

:angry4:that's horrible! I feel for you!
Which ones were you looking for? I have a couple extras.
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Fri May 01, 2015 5:24 am

Just a quick FYI I ordered a regular (not hot topic) case a month or so back. Got the bloody tyreese from the top front right position. Im guessing that most people arent looking for that one but maybe it can help by process of elimination or something.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 01, 2015 6:26 am

Man Bryan, that's terrible. And there's really no one that you can complain to, since probably everyone at Hot Topic will just say they're blind boxes and you're not supposed to know what you're getting.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 11:53 am

I'd take them back anyway. I mean, 5 doubles in one case??? No way, I'd be in the store explaining down to the last detail why that just does not happen. I mean, not to rub salt, but you clearly got screwed. And if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't settle for that. Especially given how much Hot Topic charges for the minis. I say take them back and speak to a manager.
The North Remembers.

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Fri May 01, 2015 12:05 pm

I'm planning to go back on Monday or Tuesday(since I have to work) to see if they will do anything.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

You know what, you can prove tampering after all - the case ratios are listed right there on the back of the box. And I'm pretty damned sure the Maggot Walker does not say 5/12 on the box ;)
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 12:47 pm

RogueSolo wrote:You know what, you can prove tampering after all - the case ratios are listed right there on the back of the box. And I'm pretty damned sure the Maggot Walker does not say 5/12 on the box ;)

Exactly. There's no way you'd ever get that many doubles in one box. Hell, you can probably even call Funko to confirm it. The only hurdle would be them believing that you didn't just put all of your repeats into the box trying to scam them. Which I'm sure people have done. But hopefully everything works out for you. Because that's just a lousy situation.
The North Remembers.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Buyers beware. This auction is listed as a custom figure of an already existing chase figure:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-BL ... 4d318fe443

Yes, it's listed as custom. But in my humble opinion, carving up a figure to make a "custom" of an already existing chase figure is pretty shady. Especially when it's been "customized" to look exactly like said chase figure.

Maybe I'm overreacting here. I'm all for custom figures. But this seems less like a custom and more like a knockoff of the actual chase figure. Especially given the price they're asking for it.
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Fri May 01, 2015 6:50 pm

GameOfWhooves wrote:OK, I need to vent. I bought a case of Walking Dead minis during the Hot Cash sale. The employee said they had gotten in new cases of minis and got me a case from the back and it was still in the shipping box. I finally got to opening them today (a week of procrastination from C2E2 and work), and after opening them, it was clearly a tampered or returned case. I ended up with 1 daryl, 1 glenn, 1 Hershell, 2 ricks, 2 regular Tyreese(which aren't even a part of the Hot Topic layout), and 5 maggot zombies! Here I am expecting to get a basic set plus 3 chases and end up with this mess. I am so irritated right now. Worse part is with them being mystery minis, I'm assuming they are not returnable. OK rant over, thanks for listening.

That is awful! I know I'd be p*** if that happened to me. Nowadays I weigh everything before I open them. It might be paranoid and shady but honestly, after so many repeats it's one of the few things that keeps me collecting. I'll probably just be extremely selective from now on.

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:55 pm

How easy is it to find Daryl's motorcycle? Like, can you tell through the box? I got the new Daryl from series 3 so I definitely need to get his motorcycle now

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Need to Vent....

Today has been my worst day ever for mini purchases. Went to Hot Topic. Bought the last 3 Walking Dead S3 boxes & 1 Frozen box (hoping to get the HT Olaf. It was Olaf. But not the HT exclusive...) First Box, Maggot Head Walker.... number 4. Second box.... Daryl Dixon!!! Was super excited because I thought I had pulled the HT exclusive Daryl. But I didn't. Turned out to be the bloody variant instead. Still, happy I finally snagged a Daryl figure (this was my first.) Third Box... Abraham!!! Also happy about this, but bummed at the same time that I wasn't able to get any of the HT exclusive figures.

So then I head to Toys R Us. Massive selection of Sci-Fi minis. 4 boxes total. Also had s3 Walking Dead and s2 GoT. Bought one of each. The dragon from the GoT box. And what I was convinced was the Mars attacks alien from the sci-fi, and carol from the Walking Dead s3. And what do I get? Drogon number frickin' 6. Another Tron. And another damned golf club walker. The worst part? I literally passed up Daryl's Chopper to get what I was convinced was Carol. So I guess I head back tomorrow and hope the chopper still there.

Overall, I had two good pulls. But the part that really gets me is that I passed on a sure thing just to shoot myself in the foot. I just hope the chopper is still there tomorrow. And that I have better luck pulling from the Sci-Fi boxes.
The North Remembers.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Guneagle01 wrote:How easy is it to find Daryl's motorcycle? Like, can you tell through the box? I got the new Daryl from series 3 so I definitely need to get his motorcycle now

Yes, the length spans the box, and it has much less play in it than most figures. You can leterally squeeze the box and feel the front and back end of the bike. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I head back to Toys R Us to buy the one I passed on.
The North Remembers.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 pm

How are you so sure it's the bike?
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm not. But I've done my fair share of shakes and squeezes. And the box in question had no give. I'll post pics tomorrow after I pick it up.

EDIT: I'll bet a dime to a dollar that the box in question is Daryl's Chopper.
Last edited by MannieTheDragon on Sat May 02, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The North Remembers.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:28 pm

I've been in hot topics and had to double check the back of the boxes. They tend to mix ht cases with regular cases at my ht. This happen to anyone else?
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 11:48 pm

jester00 wrote:I've been in hot topics and had to double check the back of the boxes. They tend to mix ht cases with regular cases at my ht. This happen to anyone else?

Happened to me today, actually. I also had to check the back of the boxes to make sure I was buying the HT boxes. Pretty annoying that they'd even sell non-HT exclusive cases, then mix them together.
The North Remembers.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:30 am

This may have been asked already but how does one check if a mini is Glow in the Dark?
Thanks.

Needs: Rosita/Eugene mini mystery

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 pm

iamjuan8 wrote:This may have been asked already but how does one check if a mini is Glow in the Dark?
Thanks.

I'm not sure about all minis but holding them under a flashlight or blacklight for about 10 seconds usually makes them glow. And if there is a non glow version in the set I think most look slightly different like the White Walking from Game Of Thrones series 1 the regular is a light blue color and the glow in the dark is an almost translucent white very noticeable. But with the Golf Club Walker from series 3 of The Walking Dead his coloring is not as different between regular and glow but he glows very easily just 1 second under a flashlight and he's like like a tiny green sun lol hope this helps :-)
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

saban

Postby saban » Mon May 04, 2015 12:43 am

Guneagle01 wrote:How easy is it to find Daryl's motorcycle? Like, can you tell through the box? I got the new Daryl from series 3 so I definitely need to get his motorcycle now

It will be light. When I unboxed the bike I picked the lightest boxes I could find. one was the bike, the other was golf club walker.

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Mon May 04, 2015 2:03 am

I would be very careful with any "picked" through boxes especially the hot topic ones and especially if there are only a few left. Likely someone bought them and opened them right away in order to get all the rare/exclusive ones. The one exception to this rule for me has been a case of the DC series 2 hot topic minis where i got a black flash from the 2nd to last box. I highly recommend calling all of the hot topics in your area to find ones that have untouched cases or even asking if they have any recent deliveries in the back. I might be shooting myself in the foot with this advice if any of you live in the western new york/buffalo area but I know how it feels to drop a bunch of cash only to find out later you didn't even have a chance to get what you were looking for.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 am

I pulled a 1:72 glow White Walker from a Barnes and Noble no-display case shelf with only three boxes on it. It's all part of the game. Just because a display case is missing a few doesn't necessarily mean that it's been picked through. There are other people out there in the world that buy these things without having or needing a case layout.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 am

I take your point Rogue. Ive also got some good pulls from non display cases and honestly I would say I was having the most fun collecting when I first started and had no idea that there were layouts etc. However there are people (like myself) who do try to learn as much as possible about case layouts because Im just overwhelmed with duplicates and have no friends who collect to trade with. So I think its important to be aware that this happens. I don't think many people want to buy boxes where they have little to no chance of getting a chase. Barnes and Noble is an exception to this as you mentioned so its a great store to go to if you don't wanna do case layout research but still have a "fair" chance at getting rare/chase minis. Hot topic is probably the polar opposite though with the extremely limited stock each store gets. It takes a good deal of luck and/or a bit of strategy to avoid paying ridiculous ebay resell prices to complete a collection.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 am

Does Funko ever take recommendations or feedback from fans? I would again love some figures from the Walking Dead video game, especially Lee, Clementine, and Kenny.

Is there a Series 4 planned?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Tue May 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Does anyone know how many different case assortments there are? Not including the hot topic cases. Is it just four?
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 06, 2015 7:12 am

I think it's closer to 6. That's about how many I've seen for a few other series, anyway.
The North Remembers.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 am

APOPCALYPSE wrote:
iamjuan8 wrote:This may have been asked already but how does one check if a mini is Glow in the Dark?
Thanks.

I'm not sure about all minis but holding them under a flashlight or blacklight for about 10 seconds usually makes them glow. And if there is a non glow version in the set I think most look slightly different like the White Walking from Game Of Thrones series 1 the regular is a light blue color and the glow in the dark is an almost translucent white very noticeable. But with the Golf Club Walker from series 3 of The Walking Dead his coloring is not as different between regular and glow but he glows very easily just 1 second under a flashlight and he's like like a tiny green sun lol hope this helps :-)

Thank you. This definitely helps.
Unfortunately, my club walker wasn't a glow in the dark, oh well.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 am

Yeah, it becomes pretty obvious when you see the material they use for GitD figures. If you need a good example, just check out the regular Tron vs. GitD Tron from the Sci-Fi minis. GitD has a bit of a polished look to it. Whereas regular figures are usually dull by comparison. The GitD Wight Vs. Regular Wight from S2 GoT, as well as GitD White Walker Vs. Regular White Walker are also excellent examples.
The North Remembers.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:55 am

Well I got 1 Series 2 box, and 3 Series 3 boxes and I got:
-Governor
-Maggot Zombie
-Club zombie
-Bloody Dary
Pretty good.
I need normal Carl/Michonne from Series 2 so :/

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Fri May 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Stumbled across these at Wal-Mart and after swearing up and down I wasn't buying any more mini's until Horror Series 2 came out, I bought 2!!

Managed to pull Bloody Daryl and Bloody Tyreese which I was happy with!

igoya

Postby igoya » Sun May 10, 2015 1:44 am

i pulled 4 today Daryll masked eugene abraham and hershall im pretty happy !
pops owned = 35
mystery mini's = 19
pops in mail = 2

instagram = Igoyaxx

ninesixteen

Postby ninesixteen » Sun May 10, 2015 1:49 am

WOW that headless mini hershel! :D

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 pm

igoya wrote:i pulled 4 today Daryll masked eugene abraham and hershall im pretty happy !

Good lord. I have been trying for months to find the HT daryl. If you're not keen on keeping him, PM me.

ninesixteen wrote:WOW that headless mini hershel! :D

Seriously. I pulled mine a few weeks ago. One of the most creative figures they've come up with yet.
The North Remembers.

heymsdee

Postby heymsdee » Sun May 10, 2015 1:21 pm

This is the series I want to collect!!
Hi there! I'm Dalila. Collector since Nov 2014
Follow me: Twitter @heymsd & IG Heymsdee
Pop Count: 446

Pooly_69

Postby Pooly_69 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Just had a Good buy with these. I got Daryls Bike, Hershel, Golf Club Walker(GITD) & the HT exclusive Rosita. So All in all it was a good day.
POPS-102
ON THE WAY-10

ON HOLD-4

MINIS-77
COLLECTING SINCE JAN '15

saban

Postby saban » Tue May 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Pooly_69 wrote:Just had a Good buy with these. I got Daryls Bike, Hershel, Golf Club Walker(GITD) & the HT exclusive Rosita. So All in all it was a good day.

Congrats! Those are awesome pulls!

Pooly_69

Postby Pooly_69 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:37 pm

saban wrote:
Pooly_69 wrote:Just had a Good buy with these. I got Daryls Bike, Hershel, Golf Club Walker(GITD) & the HT exclusive Rosita. So All in all it was a good day.

Congrats! Those are awesome pulls!

Thank You Very much! I didnt even realize How much Rosita was going for!! OMGGGG!! 8-[
POPS-102
ON THE WAY-10

ON HOLD-4

MINIS-77
COLLECTING SINCE JAN '15

Return to “Blind Bags”