Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
jandkstuff

Re: Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby jandkstuff » Tue May 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Junlea wrote:I like them both and I think they maintained the same style, however, I feel some of the eye art on the series two looks a bit weird. Daenyers for example. Sereis 1 Dany looks great and Series 2 looks super derpy imo, an its the fault of the eyes, not the figure. They've als made some of the figures smaller it seems, like they two Tyrions comparatively. Overall though, I really like Series 2.

Finally, I'm NOT the only one!
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 06, 2015 8:05 am

I like the majority of the second series more so than the first. The dragons, from 1st to 2nd, are a massive improvement. The original Dany had much better proportioning. Actually, most of them did. Sansa seriously needs a sandwich. But overall, I think that it isn't the style so much that's changed as it is the quality. Think S1 Walking Dead to S2 Walking Dead to S3 Walking Dead. Improvements in leaps and bounds. My guess is mainly because of the success of the series.

Both series have their merits. But overall, the detail and quality of S2 is much higher than S1 for the majority of the figures. Though I'm seriously bummed that they completely left the direwolves out of S2. But if the Walking Dead minis are anything to go by, we're in for a seriously awesome Series 3.
The North Remembers.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Wed May 06, 2015 2:28 pm

I've had the best luck with this series, makes up for pulling 3 Trons from the Sci-Fi line - and I owe it all to everyone's hard work and documentation of their searches. Right now I only need the Wight, Brienne and Tyrion, and the only dupes I have are Viserion and Drogon regular :)

Though I just realise now that the Mountain I picked out yesterday is missing his sword - was wondering what he was holding, he still has the handle :\ it's not loose in the box/packet either, don't suppose anything can/will be done about that...

Junlea

Postby Junlea » Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 pm

davemoseley wrote:I've had the best luck with this series, makes up for pulling 3 Trons from the Sci-Fi line - and I owe it all to everyone's hard work and documentation of their searches. Right now I only need the Wight, Brienne and Tyrion, and the only dupes I have are Viserion and Drogon regular :)

Though I just realise now that the Mountain I picked out yesterday is missing his sword - was wondering what he was holding, he still has the handle :\ it's not loose in the box/packet either, don't suppose anything can/will be done about that...

I have an extra Tyrion if you want to trade that Viserion. :D
Gareth in Tampa

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Is Tryion really light in the box? He and Dany are the main two that I am looking for now that I have the dragons, Oberyn, and Sansa.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Wed May 06, 2015 11:56 pm

davemoseley wrote:I've had the best luck with this series, makes up for pulling 3 Trons from the Sci-Fi line - and I owe it all to everyone's hard work and documentation of their searches. Right now I only need the Wight, Brienne and Tyrion, and the only dupes I have are Viserion and Drogon regular :)

I could trade a Brienne and Tyrion for Viserion. I'd do a 3 for 1 deal, but I don't have an extra Wight to trade (I'm army building).

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Thu May 07, 2015 12:47 am

CyberSteak, check your PMs, I wrote you earlier about a trade :)

saban

Postby saban » Thu May 07, 2015 3:13 am

Very nice! I've had okay luck picking untouched boxes but Viserion still eludes me. I have 3 regular Drogons though... I'll break out the nail polish and make one of them metallic.
IG: vickyisodd

saban

Postby saban » Thu May 07, 2015 3:15 am

WickedWonderland wrote:Is Tryion really light in the box? He and Dany are the main two that I am looking for now that I have the dragons, Oberyn, and Sansa.

Tyrion is the lightest box with a lot of movement.

Daenarys is going to be harder to gauge weight-wise because she is pretty much the same weight as 5 other characters I pulled.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu May 07, 2015 2:43 pm

saban wrote:Very nice! I've had okay luck picking untouched boxes but Viserion still eludes me. I have 3 regular Drogons though... I'll break out the nail polish and make one of them metallic.

I finally caved and bought Viserion off of Ebay for $20 shipped. After pulling the dragons from 9 boxes and having them all be regular Drogon (One was Rhaegal,) I'd had enough. There comes to be a point where it's just more economical to turn to Ebay.

saban wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:Is Tryion really light in the box? He and Dany are the main two that I am looking for now that I have the dragons, Oberyn, and Sansa.

Tyrion is the lightest box with a lot of movement.

Daenarys is going to be harder to gauge weight-wise because she is pretty much the same weight as 5 other characters I pulled.

Yep. Dany, Briene, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Sansa, Jaime, and the Wight are almost all identical in weight. That's essentially why I chose to start off buying an entire case. That way I got 12 of 17 (20) right off the bat:

-Daenerys
-Hodor
-Littlefinger
-Oberyn
-Tyrion
-Sansa
-Jon Snow
-Brienne
-Jaime
-Wight
-The Hound
-Drogon

I got really lucky with:

-Warged Hodor
-Rhaegal,
-GitD Wight
-Jaime w/ Oath Keeper

The rest I bought off of ebay for fair prices:

-Grey Worm ($10 shipped)
-The Mountain ($11 shipped)
-Viserion ($20 shipped)
-Metallic Drogon ($25 shipped)

Past the ridiculous 7 extra Drogons I ended up with, I only pulled 6 doubles. Two of which were HT exclusives - Jaime and the GitD Wight. So I consider myself extremely lucky for being able to put this set together as easily as I did. Especially by comparison to Series 1.
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 pm

You really played it smart. I probably should've done the same but I went chase hunting. I'm also having the hardest time finding them outside of a Hot Topic. They aren't at my local Barnes and Noble yet and the only full case I saw in a while was last night at Wal-Mart.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:23 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:Past the ridiculous 7 extra Drogons I ended up with, I only pulled 6 doubles. Two of which were HT exclusives - Jaime and the GitD Wight. So I consider myself extremely lucky for being able to put this set together as easily as I did. Especially by comparison to Series 1.

You pulled 2 GitD Wights?! I seriously need some of your luck! Any chance you still have that extra one and want to get rid of it? [-o< Congrats on finishing your set!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Mannie I am with you with the ebay thing after getting so many duplicates. Its tough though sometimes because getting the one you need in the mail just doesn't come close to that feeling of finally finding it in a blind box after research (thank you all for posting layouts) and days/weeks scouring the area for fresh cases to plunder. Im almost finished myself just have that warged hodor to find. Unfortunately Hot topic is the only store in my area that carries them atm. Im sure theyll hit target, walmart, and barnes soon.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 pm

synergy56 wrote:You pulled 2 GitD Wights?! I seriously need some of your luck! Any chance you still have that extra one and want to get rid of it? [-o< Congrats on finishing your set!

I do. But at this point, I'd really only trade it for a Rosita mini. Which seems to be the other "holy grail" of minis at the moment.

Cthulhu Mythos wrote:Mannie I am with you with the ebay thing after getting so many duplicates. Its tough though sometimes because getting the one you need in the mail just doesn't come close to that feeling of finally finding it in a blind box after research (thank you all for posting layouts) and days/weeks scouring the area for fresh cases to plunder. Im almost finished myself just have that warged hodor to find. Unfortunately Hot topic is the only store in my area that carries them atm. Im sure theyll hit target, walmart, and barnes soon.

Trust me when I say that after as many blind boxes as I opened for Series 1, I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash ever again. The only chase figure from Series 1 I had to buy off of ebay was Drogon. But the overall cost of how many blind boxes it took to piece together the entire set ended up being about double of what the entire set is worth.

I dunno.... It's weird. I really enjoyed having the complete set of Series 1 figures. But now that series 2 is out, I don't even want my series 1 set anymore. I think it's largely because of the higher quality of series 2. Or maybe I just like shiny new things better. And at this point, my focus has shifted less from entire sets and more to collecting just the figures that appeal to me the most.
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 am

More boxes bought, more doubles to add to the collection.

If anyone can help I'm looking for:
The Mountain
The Hound
Viserion (pending)
and
Wight

Not going to look for chase Drogon, GITD Wight or swordless Jaime.

I've got extras of:
Oberyn
Jon Snow
Regular Drogon
Danaerys (pending)
Brienne (pending)
Regular Hodor
and
Tyrion (pending)

I also have a Captain Gantu and Anna from the Heroes vs. Villains I'm willing to trade for.
Last edited by saban on Fri May 08, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Fri May 08, 2015 1:21 am

saban wrote:More boxes bought, more doubles to add to the collection.

The Mountain
The Hound
Viserion
and
Wight

I've got extras of:
Oberyn
Jon Snow
Regular Drogon
Danaerys
Brienne
Regular Hodor
and
Tyrion

I also have a Captain Gantu from the Heroes vs. Villains I'm willing to trade for.

Would you be willing to sell Dany and Tyrion? *puppy eyes*

saban

Postby saban » Fri May 08, 2015 1:10 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:

The Mountain
The Hound
Viserion
and
Wight

I've got extras of:
Oberyn
Jon Snow
Regular Drogon
Danaerys
Brienne
Regular Hodor
and
Tyrion

I also have a Captain Gantu from the Heroes vs. Villains I'm willing to trade for.

Sorry, only looking to trade right now. if I have more extras in the future I'll let you know.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Fri May 08, 2015 2:47 pm

saban wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:

The Mountain
The Hound
Viserion
and
Wight

I've got extras of:
Oberyn
Jon Snow
Regular Drogon
Danaerys
Brienne
Regular Hodor
and
Tyrion

Sorry, only looking to trade right now. if I have more extras in the future I'll let you know.

Nerds, well if I come across another Viserion I will contact you. :3

I want to say I won't buy more of these since I have most of the ones I want, but that is a lie, a horrible lie.

saban

Postby saban » Fri May 08, 2015 4:48 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:
saban wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:

The Mountain
The Hound
Viserion
and
Wight

I've got extras of:
Oberyn
Jon Snow
Regular Drogon
Danaerys
Brienne
Regular Hodor
and
Tyrion

Nerds, well if I come across another Viserion I will contact you. :3

I want to say I won't buy more of these since I have most of the ones I want, but that is a lie, a horrible lie.

Hahaha right! Well I have a pending trade for Viserion but I'm still looking for the Clegane brothers.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Had a good day at Hot Topic. Pulled dupes of Jon and Dany, but then I also pulled HT Jamie, The Hound, Drogon, and a second Wight. Doesnt look like anyone had mentioned that combination of rares before from HT. Still need the Mountain, Rhaegel, Visyrian, and the 72s. I'm not too worried about find the regular Jamie at this point.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sat May 09, 2015 12:27 am

Those are darn good pulls!

I am surprised how good my pulls have been lately, though by saying that I have obviously just jinxed myself. I might try for HT Jaime, but I am a little hesitant because I am getting close to completing the series and I don't want a million dupes.

saban

Postby saban » Sat May 09, 2015 1:57 am

WickedWonderland wrote:Those are darn good pulls!

I am surprised how good my pulls have been lately, though by saying that I have obviously just jinxed myself. I might try for HT Jaime, but I am a little hesitant because I am getting close to completing the series and I don't want a million dupes.

His rarity is only 1/12 so there should be one in every box. He also weighs slightly heavier than a lot of the other figures but still lighter than the dragons, Hodor and Jon Snow.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sat May 09, 2015 3:23 am

Does he weigh about the same as The Hound or The Mountain? Because I have them and...well, I guess it is a risk I am just going to have to take I suppose.

saban

Postby saban » Sat May 09, 2015 10:15 am

WickedWonderland wrote:Does he weigh about the same as The Hound or The Mountain? Because I have them and...well, I guess it is a risk I am just going to have to take I suppose.

I don't have either so I can't say. If you can give me the weights then I can tell you.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sat May 09, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't have a scale handy, so all I can say is that they are heavy though not as much as Hodor. I am really not helping myself much. xD

PoPFox20

Postby PoPFox20 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:Does he weigh about the same as The Hound or The Mountain? Because I have them and...well, I guess it is a risk I am just going to have to take I suppose.

He weights less than the Clegane Bros by like 4 grams. I do have a ht Jaime if you want to trade.

saban

Postby saban » Sat May 09, 2015 7:16 pm

PoPFox20 wrote:

He weights less than the Clegane Bros by like 4 grams. I do have a ht Jaime if you want to trade.

Ah so very similar in weight to Jon Snow..... that's going to be annoying for me to find.

PoPFox20

Postby PoPFox20 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:23 pm

saban wrote:
PoPFox20 wrote:

Ah so very similar in weight to Jon Snow..... that's going to be annoying for me to find.

A hair heavier. Mountain a hair heavier then the Hound

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 pm

PoPFox20 wrote:

I don't really have anything to trade at the moment unless you want something for Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers.

CactusDan

Postby CactusDan » Sat May 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Still no luck getting Hot Topic GitD or metallic Drogon. Still trying to convince myself they are not needed in the set.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun May 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Got outbid on an awesome auction for HT Jaime by a quarter. :(

saban

Postby saban » Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 am

WickedWonderland wrote:Got outbid on an awesome auction for HT Jaime by a quarter. :(

I know that kind of pain all too well. I would say if you want Jaime then go to Hot Topic and ask if they have a fresh case. If they do then using the layouts given earlier in the thread, you can hopefully find where Jaime is.

I actually bought 6 boxes today and had the layout handy. Finally landed me the mountain and also got a GITD wight. All I need now is the hound. The layouts were on correct and once I checked all the boxes (while keeping them in order) I was confident I got at least two that I needed.

Just know that if a case contains a dragon then it will most likely not contain a wight given the odds. You will probably also not find both Clegane brothers in the same case because of rarity (or because they don't get along, who knows).

Good luck! Hopefully I'll finish this series soon and then I can hopefully find good homes for my extras. Especially all the Jon Snows I have.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am

WickedWonderland wrote:Got outbid on an awesome auction for HT Jaime by a quarter. :(

bummer. I thought you had them. oh well.

saban wrote:
h wrote:Finally landed me the mountain and also got a GITD wight.

Congratulations on the pull! The GitD Wight is a fantastic figure. I'm really proud of mine.
The North Remembers.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 am

Has anybody seen these at WalMart yet?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon May 11, 2015 11:29 am

Not yet. They do have TWD S3, so I'm hopeful we'll see them soon.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

saban

Postby saban » Mon May 11, 2015 12:35 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:

bummer. I thought you had them. oh well.

saban wrote:
h wrote:Finally landed me the mountain and also got a GITD wight.

Congratulations on the pull! The GitD Wight is a fantastic figure. I'm really proud of mine.

Thanks! I really do like the wight more than I thought I would.

I've seen them at Walmart in California but they must have just put them out because it didn't scan.

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 pm

TadGhostal wrote:Has anybody seen these at WalMart yet?

Yes, I found an almost full case at one of my local ones about 10 days ago.

saban

Postby saban » Mon May 11, 2015 1:43 pm

CactusDan wrote:Still no luck getting Hot Topic GitD or metallic Drogon. Still trying to convince myself they are not needed in the set.

I honestly don't think they are needed because they are variants and not completely new character designs. For metallic Drogon, I just painted one of my extras with metallic nail polish. Looks pretty good too :)

As for GITD wight, you could always use GITD paint on a regular wight but it's the actual vinyl that's GITD not just a coating so it might not yield the desired results.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Mon May 11, 2015 2:38 pm

saban wrote:
CactusDan wrote:Still no luck getting Hot Topic GitD or metallic Drogon. Still trying to convince myself they are not needed in the set.

I honestly don't think they are needed because they are variants and not completely new character designs. For metallic Drogon, I just painted one of my extras with metallic nail polish. Looks pretty good too :)

As for GITD wight, you could always use GITD paint on a regular wight but it's the actual vinyl that's GITD not just a coating so it might not yield the desired results.

I'm a completionist. So unless I have every figure available, I don't have a full set. Not having any given figure would just bug the crap out of me until I had it. But I get what you're saying.

I'm actually shocked that the Metallic Drogon figure is still fetching as much as it is on ebay. It's completely ridiculous that it's even a figure. Let alone a chase figure. Even my 5 year old daughter doesn't like it. A "fire breathing" version would have made so much more sense. Or better yet, a different character altogether. I would have loved to see Ghost (since he's the only direwolf still on the show) make a return. With a sculpt that better represents the ferocity of the direwolves. The series 1 scuplts were just too cartoonish.
The North Remembers.

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon May 11, 2015 2:41 pm

You could possibly get both clegane brothers in a box. They are 1/24 rarity . There are four 1/24 rarities in the set with two 1/24 rarities in each box. So, potentially, there may be a box configuration that allows you to get both. A lot of people think there is only 1/24 chance of pulling a 1/24. That is not correct, there is a 1/24 chance of pulling a specific 1/24, but there is actually a 1/6 chance of pulling any 1/24 from an untouched box.

Return to “Blind Bags”