Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Retro Video Game Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
mohawkjones

Re: Retro Video Game Mystery Minis

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:51 pm

groundhog7s wrote:Need to get a second one of these displays, but thought this could be adjusted to display the Retro Arcade series (I've been using it for 8-bit World of Nintendo figures so far).
Spoiler: show

Is that the Amiibo display? Great idea!
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:07 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Need to get a second one of these displays, but thought this could be adjusted to display the Retro Arcade series (I've been using it for 8-bit World of Nintendo figures so far).
Spoiler: show

Is that the Amiibo display? Great idea!

Yup. Made by PDP.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm

That display literally made my jaw drop! Just awesome!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Where did you get those DK pieces?! They looks AMAZING with the minis!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:12 pm

I found these at BAM! today but was only able to buy two of the Dig Dug boxes and ended up getting Dig Dug and Pooka. These look so much better in person! Even the case looks better lol Really loving the boxes and the fact they correlate to the figures. Now I just need PAC-MAN, Frogger, Fygar, and maybe Q*Bert.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 pm

popfanboy wrote:

Where did you get those DK pieces?! They looks AMAZING with the minis!

I got mine off of Amazon. They're an Amiibo display made by PDP. They make some awesome stuff, just don't seem to know how to market it well. I got mine back when it was $20.

https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Donkey-Kong- ... bo+display
www.8-BitHero.com

smee

Postby smee » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Found some at Box Lunch yesterday. I've also seen them in a comic book shop near me, so hopefully they start showing up at more places soon.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:13 pm

That display is so amazing...I had to have one!
I found them in stock at $20 from PDP. Shipping was a little high but it came out to the same price amazon was selling them for before shipping.
http://pdp.com/en/shop/donkey_kong/
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:39 pm

smee wrote:Found some at Box Lunch yesterday. I've also seen them in a comic book shop near me, so hopefully they start showing up at more places soon.

Ah nice I didn't even think about looking at Box Lunch! I might have to run by there after work to see if they've got them in.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:54 pm

We just got the Qbert one. I think its the only one I wanted.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm

My son cashed in some tickets for one at a local arcade. He picked the Mega Man box and got Mega Man. It was the one he wanted and he was pumped! Cost him 1,000 tickets!
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 am

newhousebailey wrote:My son cashed in some tickets for one at a local arcade. He picked the Mega Man box and got Mega Man. It was the one he wanted and he was pumped! Cost him 1,000 tickets!

That's a smart move by the arcade. Really cool tie in and really cool prize.
Glad your son landed the one he wanted
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Wakko

Postby Wakko » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 am

I'm torn between buying the entire case or just getting Q*Bert and Coily. It's one extreme or the other for me.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 am

Got my case at home. Can't wait to open them!

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:37 am

newhousebailey wrote:My son cashed in some tickets for one at a local arcade. He picked the Mega Man box and got Mega Man. It was the one he wanted and he was pumped! Cost him 1,000 tickets!

Congrats to your son! I got the mega man and he's so cool!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:58 am

My Donkey Kong display stand arrived yesterday and it looks so much better in person!
Thanks for sharing that pic groundhog7s. I would have never known about that display without it.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Battastic wrote:My Donkey Kong display stand arrived yesterday and it looks so much better in person!
Thanks for sharing that pic groundhog7s. I would have never known about that display without it.

Glad I could share the love!
www.8-BitHero.com

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:34 am

Got Frogger today. People were not kidding that they were bigger than usual. Frogger can barely fit in the palm of my hand. He's so cool though!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:16 pm

smee wrote:Found some at Box Lunch yesterday. I've also seen them in a comic book shop near me, so hopefully they start showing up at more places soon.

Thanks again for posting about Box Lunch. Just found Mega Man there earlier this afternoon :cheers:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 am

CAHRULL wrote:Absolutely stoked for this series. I love that they mixed up the packaging to match the arcade cabinet style. I wonder whether we'll get any store exclusives or "extra" characters?

Looking at the copyright/trademark info. on the back, if we do it will be only from the games we've seen so far. I didn't see one for Galaga listed for example. Shame because that would have been nice. But who knows? Funko likes surprises! So far I've seen them at Barnes and Noble and ToysRUs.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 am

These are starting to show up in my area. May the search for Mega Man begin!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:56 pm

If I could pick one game to add to this set (for an exclusive of some kind) my choice is Rampage. That is one of the best arcade games ever and I would love to see some of the characters turn up somehow.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Still haven't seen these around anywhere near me. GS and HT I go to haven't seen them come in yet either. :/
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:22 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:If I could pick one game to add to this set (for an exclusive of some kind) my choice is Rampage. That is one of the best arcade games ever and I would love to see some of the characters turn up somehow.

already mentioned it before, but I fully agree. the Rampage monsters would be so dang awesome to have.

smee

Postby smee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Thanks again for posting about Box Lunch. Just found Mega Man there earlier this afternoon :cheers:

No prob! Glad you found them (especially the blue bomber)!

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

paxderomano wrote:Still haven't seen these around anywhere near me. GS and HT I go to haven't seen them come in yet either. :/

Try Toys R Us, that's where I found them!!! :)
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:16 am

dedboy wrote:
paxderomano wrote:Still haven't seen these around anywhere near me. GS and HT I go to haven't seen them come in yet either. :/

Try Toys R Us, that's where I found them!!! :)

Oh cool, I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:30 am

Wow! Really love this display idea. Great job. I can't wait to finally get these. May have to make a BAM trip this weekend. Since that's the only place I've seen listed that we actually have (no Box Lunch)
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

featofstrength

Postby featofstrength » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 am

I asked Funko customer service about my Pac-Man that came with a broken hand:

Hello,
I recently purchased a full case of your Retro Arcade mystery figures, (Which are awesome, btw!)
But my Pac-Mac figure had a broken "thumbs-up" hand in-package.
Is there a way to get a replacement?
Thanks!

Hi,
I'm sorry to see this! We do not keep the figures purchased through our retailers, as everything ships directly from our warehouse to the retailers! We do hate to hear you aren't happy with your purchase. Ultimately it would be up to the retailer to exchange the figure - as they have allowances for issues like this! We would recommend reaching out to where you purchased the item directly about a return or exchange. In the meantime, I'll absolutely share this photo with our production team so they can be aware this is an issue.
Thank you!
Taryn & Funko Support

Hi, Taryn.
I ordered a sealed case from an Ebay seller. I’m not sure how that request would work.
The case came in a box from the seller, inside was a sealed Funko factory box, inside that was a sealed case of figures in its display box, the figures themselves were in sealed arcade cabinet inside sealed black baggies.
Aside from feeling this is a factory mistake, it seems unlikely that the seller is going to break up a complete set, not to mention possibly open both Pac mystery boxes to find me an undamaged figure. Are there any alternative suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi,
I understand your dilemma though we're still unable to offer any type of replacement. Replacements always go through the retailer and even though the retailer was an eBay seller in this case, they'd still be the one that would have to refund or exchange this for you. I have let the production team know about this, though, so they can be aware this is an issue customers are experiencing.
Thank you,
Taryn & Funko Support

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:41 am

Sorry about your luck.

I recently bought a ton of Frozen Mystery Minis and had three different ones that were missing parts and one that had a broken part. I considered contacting customer service, but I expected I'd get a message like you did. :(
www.8-BitHero.com

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:00 am

Mr Yac wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:If I could pick one game to add to this set (for an exclusive of some kind) my choice is Rampage. That is one of the best arcade games ever and I would love to see some of the characters turn up somehow.

already mentioned it before, but I fully agree. the Rampage monsters would be so dang awesome to have.

Perhaps Funko will make stuff for the upcoming movie adaptation.
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

Totally agree with you guys. They'd make for great minis but also a great Pop series!
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 pm

if they did rampage, I would definitely prefer it look like the original arcade game. spent a lot of time on that one!
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

Wakko

Postby Wakko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 pm

I picked up Q-bert and Coily from 2nd and Charles. I love them so much I'm considering going back for Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man... and the ghosts... and the Dig Dug characters... maybe Centipede... and Frogger... shoot, I want everyone except Mega Man.

featofstrength

Postby featofstrength » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

groundhog7s wrote:Sorry about your luck.

I recently bought a ton of Frozen Mystery Minis and had three different ones that were missing parts and one that had a broken part. I considered contacting customer service, but I expected I'd get a message like you did. :(

So, I'm not alone in feeling this "customer service" is unsatisfactory?

Sigh...a lil dab of glue at my expense with have to do, I guess.

Speaking of luck, I just got a Marvel Legends Dazzler figure today...it was missing the front set of wheels on one of her roller skates. Totally obscured by the packaging, no glue residue...just plain not there. Ive never had to deal with Hasbro customer service...here's to high hopes.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Dogmatic wrote:

What a terrifying thought....it's bad enough I have to deal with bastardized movie versions of my favorite comic characters I don't know if I can withstand it happening to my favorite games :eek:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:56 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:

What a terrifying thought....it's bad enough I have to deal with bastardized movie versions of my favorite comic characters I don't know if I can withstand it happening to my favorite games :eek:

There's a movie coming??????? That'll end well. ](*,) ](*,)

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:06 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Dogmatic wrote:

There's a movie coming??????? That'll end well. ](*,) ](*,)

It stars The Rock! How could it POSSIBLY go wrong?
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

Hellspartan95

Postby Hellspartan95 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I haven't had any luck finding these yet. I hope I find some soon.
Last edited by Hellspartan95 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Hellspartan95 wrote:I haven't had any luck finding these yet. I hope I find some soon.

Neither have I, I figured my Gamestop would at least have them by now.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Return to “Blind Bags”