Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
hailmary25

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:27 pm

ANyone know East Coast Street date ISH?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 pm

These look so great! I am trying to be good and wait for a Barnes and Noble or Hot Topic case, but so tempting! So many 1/6 ones is disappointing though. I just hope I don't end up with a 1/6 army like I had of Hermione last set. I swear I got at least 20 of her.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Katers wrote:My scale and I went to the mall today, just to see - and lo and behold, Boxlunch had a bunch of them! They didn't keep them in the case, so have no idea of a layout, but ended up buying 9 boxes (Boxlunch had a sale going on, buy 2 get 1 free everything under $10). Managed to pull the Dragon, Ron (x2), Pig, Snape (x2), Thestral, Dementor and Grindylow. Not a bad haul, and thankfully not a million dupes this round!

The boxlunch employees were pretty entertained that I had a scale. 1 actually wanted to help, and let me use their checkout desk as my flat place, and another grabbed paper and a pen for my friend to keep track of what box weighed what. All in all a pretty fun experience! Though, as usual, I could REALLY have done without the duplicates!

I guess they just wanted those minis sold!

Congrats on the nice haul! That Dementor is AWESOME!!!

Worked out well, since I wanted very much to procure!!

Thanks - yeah, I think the Dementor and the Thestral are the best minis out of this bunch so far. The details on them, and that they make things that shouldn't be cute just freakin' adorable make it really worthwhile to collect this batch!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:01 am

synergy56 wrote:These look so great! I am trying to be good and wait for a Barnes and Noble or Hot Topic case, but so tempting! So many 1/6 ones is disappointing though. I just hope I don't end up with a 1/6 army like I had of Hermione last set. I swear I got at least 20 of her.

For that alone, I wish they would just make things 1/12 - I still have an extra Hermione and I "grrr!" every time I see her. If you can hold out til the exclusives cases come out, I admire your willpower! I have none - I'm just going to have to own that. We all have something, right? ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:53 am

Has anyone heard any sniffs of what the B&N ratios will be like?

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 am

I am praying the ratios aren't crazy, but the ones they are replacing from the common set are Bellatrix, Dementor, Selkie, and Gryndlow, which are 1/24, 1/24, 1/72, and 1/36 respectively, so that makes me nervous. Unless they mix around the ratios like the did for Star Wars.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:21 am

I am already terrified of collecting this set. It is suppose to be fun but with multiple 1/6 that cancels out buying a case and who knows if the ratios will be all messed up like starwars.

Might just have to spend extra on ebay instead of using time and gas money driving around.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:38 pm

kihou wrote:I am praying the ratios aren't crazy, but the ones they are replacing from the common set are Bellatrix, Dementor, Selkie, and Gryndlow, which are 1/24, 1/24, 1/72, and 1/36 respectively, so that makes me nervous. Unless they mix around the ratios like the did for Star Wars.

Unfortunately I think that with the HT ones being the same for the non-exclusives, we won't see that happening... I would have welcomed it though, as even though I was initially up in arms about it for the Star Wars series, it actually makes collecting the entire set a lot more attainable...

hailmary25 wrote:I am already terrified of collecting this set. It is suppose to be fun but with multiple 1/6 that cancels out buying a case and who knows if the ratios will be all messed up like starwars.

Might just have to spend extra on ebay instead of using time and gas money driving around.

Exactly... I was looking forward to getting at least two cases, maybe a third, depending on how I liked the exclusives, but now, even two cases means that I will end up with 4x Ron, Harry and Snape, which is just ridiculous...

All they needed to do was add two more 1/12 figures and it's not like they are starved for options... Could have added a few more "bad guys" and done a Crabbe/Goyle combo, Lucious Malfoy or Umbridge... Or even had Neville and Luna as commons and have James & Lily as exclusives... Plus there's a bunch of order members like Kingsley, Mad Eye Moody and Tonks that featured in the movies that could have been included... Even a Trelawney could actually look really awesome in mini-form with all her shawls and big glasses... Could even have had a Kreacher if they wanted another companion...

There's enough characters for another two series, I don't know why they felt the need to short change and therefore screw the fans over, other than for money... And of course no-one at Funko replies to any politely worded questions on social media if it's not blowing smoke up their butts about how good they are either...

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:08 am

Katers wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:
Katers wrote:My scale and I went to the mall today, just to see - and lo and behold, Boxlunch had a bunch of them! They didn't keep them in the case, so have no idea of a layout, but ended up buying 9 boxes (Boxlunch had a sale going on, buy 2 get 1 free everything under $10). Managed to pull the Dragon, Ron (x2), Pig, Snape (x2), Thestral, Dementor and Grindylow. Not a bad haul, and thankfully not a million dupes this round!

The boxlunch employees were pretty entertained that I had a scale. 1 actually wanted to help, and let me use their checkout desk as my flat place, and another grabbed paper and a pen for my friend to keep track of what box weighed what. All in all a pretty fun experience! Though, as usual, I could REALLY have done without the duplicates!

Thanks - yeah, I think the Dementor and the Thestral are the best minis out of this bunch so far. The details on them, and that they make things that shouldn't be cute just freakin' adorable make it really worthwhile to collect this batch!

Right! How do you make a dementor cute?! Put it in mini form lol
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
kihou wrote:I am praying the ratios aren't crazy, but the ones they are replacing from the common set are Bellatrix, Dementor, Selkie, and Gryndlow, which are 1/24, 1/24, 1/72, and 1/36 respectively, so that makes me nervous. Unless they mix around the ratios like the did for Star Wars.

Unfortunately I think that with the HT ones being the same for the non-exclusives, we won't see that happening... I would have welcomed it though, as even though I was initially up in arms about it for the Star Wars series, it actually makes collecting the entire set a lot more attainable...

hailmary25 wrote:I am already terrified of collecting this set. It is suppose to be fun but with multiple 1/6 that cancels out buying a case and who knows if the ratios will be all messed up like starwars.

Exactly... I was looking forward to getting at least two cases, maybe a third, depending on how I liked the exclusives, but now, even two cases means that I will end up with 4x Ron, Harry and Snape, which is just ridiculous...

All they needed to do was add two more 1/12 figures and it's not like they are starved for options... Could have added a few more "bad guys" and done a Crabbe/Goyle combo, Lucious Malfoy or Umbridge... Or even had Neville and Luna as commons and have James & Lily as exclusives... Plus there's a bunch of order members like Kingsley, Mad Eye Moody and Tonks that featured in the movies that could have been included... Even a Trelawney could actually look really awesome in mini-form with all her shawls and big glasses... Could even have had a Kreacher if they wanted another companion...

There's enough characters for another two series, I don't know why they felt the need to short change and therefore screw the fans over, other than for money... And of course no-one at Funko replies to any politely worded questions on social media if it's not blowing smoke up their butts about how good they are either...

Do you think individual licensing issues would have held them back from making more characters to cut back on 1/6s, or is it more just about making 1/6s because Funko knows we will go crazy and buy them all anyways because we love them?
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:12 am

I'm sure this may have been asked already but I didn't see it - no street dates on when these will hit stores yet? Super wish I had gone to the HQ opening so I could have grabbed a couple cases, or maybe even more for friends and family!

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

Avengers74 wrote:
BrienneTheBlue wrote:I hope not too many of the common set are 1/6 as if there's several Funko shop exclusives, that only leaves 10 in the base set unless there's more to announce.

I have seen a couple of mentions that the 4 are "Funko Exlusives". Is it confirmed that they are only available at the Funko store? I was seeing them like the previous set where they were the ones available at various retailers that get replaced by the retail exclusives. Entertainment Earth is advertising them as part of their sets.

That would make it super difficult to collect the entire set if the Funko HQ only had certain characters. Unless they put the cases up on the shop, in which case it wouldn't be as bad I guess :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:15 am

throneofgames wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Do you think individual licensing issues would have held them back from making more characters to cut back on 1/6s, or is it more just about making 1/6s because Funko knows we will go crazy and buy them all anyways because we love them?

I think that Funko adds 1/6 figures so that casual fans may be able to find some common characters in a box, especially if someone else has already gone through and cherrypicked rares. It probably would have been better to have the 3 1/6s be the trio in hats so that at least someone could find the full set of those.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 am

kihou wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:Unfortunately I think that with the HT ones being the same for the non-exclusives, we won't see that happening... I would have welcomed it though, as even though I was initially up in arms about it for the Star Wars series, it actually makes collecting the entire set a lot more attainable...

I think that Funko adds 1/6 figures so that casual fans may be able to find some common characters in a box, especially if someone else has already gone through and cherrypicked rares. It probably would have been better to have the 3 1/6s be the trio in hats so that at least someone could find the full set of those.

You make a great point - I would much rather have those 3 as a set of 1/6s than some other random ones.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 pm

I just got my Hermoine, Ron, Harry and Dementor minis and I gotta say, they are probably my new favorite minis behind the Garbage Pail Kids minis. The sculpts and size of them is amazing. Funko, well done. Very well done!
I'm Abe

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:35 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:I just got my Hermoine, Ron, Harry and Dementor minis and I gotta say, they are probably my new favorite minis behind the Garbage Pail Kids minis. The sculpts and size of them is amazing. Funko, well done. Very well done!

Have they been released yet? How were you able to snag them?
IG: CelestialFireKitty

Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:I just got my Hermoine, Ron, Harry and Dementor minis and I gotta say, they are probably my new favorite minis behind the Garbage Pail Kids minis. The sculpts and size of them is amazing. Funko, well done. Very well done!

Have they been released yet? How were you able to snag them?

I bought them from an eBay seller in California. I haven't seen them in my area, yet, so I went straight to eBay :-D
I'm Abe

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm

throneofgames wrote:Do you think individual licensing issues would have held them back from making more characters to cut back on 1/6s, or is it more just about making 1/6s because Funko knows we will go crazy and buy them all anyways because we love them?

I can't see licensing being an issue really, and I'd love to think the best of people, and Funko especially really have their fans in mind when creating stuff for their fans as they ARE fans as well (see Stranger Things pops, etc) but as business decisions, I still have to assume that they've done it to cut down on costs for original moulds and also to flesh out cases for lower costs...

kihou wrote:I think that Funko adds 1/6 figures so that casual fans may be able to find some common characters in a box, especially if someone else has already gone through and cherrypicked rares. It probably would have been better to have the 3 1/6s be the trio in hats so that at least someone could find the full set of those.

Yeah, that was a consideration, but then why only do 2/3 and chuck Snape in? I guess it comes down to which side you're on... Collectors will see it as a pain and possibly be put off, but the regular fan who doesn't know any better can just pick a couple and be happy with whatever they get... Depends on who outnumbers who... I doubt it will affect their sales at all... They will do whatever they want and still make loads of cash...

However with the announcement of Last Jedi minis, I won't be spending any more money on these ones than the two cases (B&N and HT)t hat I have already pre-ordered because of the known dupes...

CaptainMarvelCD

Postby CaptainMarvelCD » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:59 pm

I really like the dementor, but even the pop is one of my favorites. It's just such a cool creature.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:35 am

throneofgames wrote:
Katers wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:

So true - it's so freakin' cute!! I actually wouldn't mind a little army of mini dementors!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 am

Got a restock at my BL today, so I went in again - managed to pull a Selkie! YES! And in the non-duplicate realm, got a Hermione. Pulled duplicates of the Thestral, the Dragon, and 2 Rons (he's the new Hermione - ugh!). Gave up and ordered a Harry via ebay just so I can stop trying to finish off the trio and continue to score Ron.

And I've been phone stalking my HT hoping they're in, but no luck yet. Hoping they appear after the craziness of Force Friday dies down.
Image ImageImage Image

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:40 am

w00kiee77 wrote:
throneofgames wrote:Do you think individual licensing issues would have held them back from making more characters to cut back on 1/6s, or is it more just about making 1/6s because Funko knows we will go crazy and buy them all anyways because we love them?

I can't see licensing being an issue really, and I'd love to think the best of people, and Funko especially really have their fans in mind when creating stuff for their fans as they ARE fans as well (see Stranger Things pops, etc) but as business decisions, I still have to assume that they've done it to cut down on costs for original moulds and also to flesh out cases for lower costs...

kihou wrote:I think that Funko adds 1/6 figures so that casual fans may be able to find some common characters in a box, especially if someone else has already gone through and cherrypicked rares. It probably would have been better to have the 3 1/6s be the trio in hats so that at least someone could find the full set of those.

Yeah, that was a consideration, but then why only do 2/3 and chuck Snape in? I guess it comes down to which side you're on... Collectors will see it as a pain and possibly be put off, but the regular fan who doesn't know any better can just pick a couple and be happy with whatever they get... Depends on who outnumbers who... I doubt it will affect their sales at all... They will do whatever they want and still make loads of cash...

However with the announcement of Last Jedi minis, I won't be spending any more money on these ones than the two cases (B&N and HT)t hat I have already pre-ordered because of the known dupes...

For sure - definitely tough to buy more full cases than the two you already have on the way when you know the probability of multiple duplicates. Here's to hoping you get most of what you're looking for in those two cases though!

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am

Katers wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
Katers wrote:

So true - it's so freakin' cute!! I actually wouldn't mind a little army of mini dementors!

That's my exact thought too!!! With a bunch of them you can totally play out scenes from the movies/books! It's about the only character from the series where it would be logical to have multiples.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:56 am

So I stalked my 4 semi-local BLs this weekend, and am happy to say that via lucky (weighted) pulls, a little bit of trading, and 1 ebay purchase, I am one mini away from a completed common set! Even scored a Cornish Pixie, which I figured I wouldn't find until these hit more stores! Still need Lupin - pulled 2 Luna's this weekend trying for him!

So now I have 2 extra Snapes, 2 Rons, 3 Thestrals and a Dementor. Still better than the pack of Hermione I had last round! Now just gotta wait until the BN & HT exclusives hit. And continue the hunt for a Lupin. ARGH!
Image ImageImage Image

iamthenightrider

Postby iamthenightrider » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 am

Have a non exclusive case on the way, should hopefully be here by the end of the week!
Pops
BBT | HTTYD | Harry Potter | Arrow | The Flash | Game of Thrones | OUAT | Westworld Fantastic Beasts | Cars
Minis
HTTYD | Harry Potter | Game of Thrones | Princess & Companions | Villains & Companions
Dorbz
Harley Quinn
Steamboat Willie :-"

Tayla!

HPFan

Postby HPFan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 am

Katers wrote:So I stalked my 4 semi-local BLs this weekend, and am happy to say that via lucky (weighted) pulls, a little bit of trading, and 1 ebay purchase, I am one mini away from a completed common set! Even scored a Cornish Pixie, which I figured I wouldn't find until these hit more stores! Still need Lupin - pulled 2 Luna's this weekend trying for him!

So now I have 2 extra Snapes, 2 Rons, 3 Thestrals and a Dementor. Still better than the pack of Hermione I had last round! Now just gotta wait until the BN & HT exclusives hit. And continue the hunt for a Lupin. ARGH!

Do you know what the weight is on the merperson? The merperson and pixie are the only 2 commons I need!
Lauren
Must find all the HP pops!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:39 pm

HPFan wrote:
Katers wrote:So I stalked my 4 semi-local BLs this weekend, and am happy to say that via lucky (weighted) pulls, a little bit of trading, and 1 ebay purchase, I am one mini away from a completed common set! Even scored a Cornish Pixie, which I figured I wouldn't find until these hit more stores! Still need Lupin - pulled 2 Luna's this weekend trying for him!

Do you know what the weight is on the merperson? The merperson and pixie are the only 2 commons I need!

The weight I had for the Selkie was 73.6 - hope that helps! Congrats on doing so well on the set so far! 2 away isn't bad at all! Have you pulled a lot of duplicates?
Image ImageImage Image

HPFan

Postby HPFan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 pm

I have duplicates of Snape, Harry, Thestral, and Horntail. I think I'll hold off on the Pixie and Selkie until HT and B&N release because last year HT had 1/72 in their possible exclusive spots.
Lauren

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:49 am

We still need Lupin, Snape, and Dementor, but we have a common box coming hopefully this week. Maybe I can get all 3 (well, definitely Snape) from that single box :)

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am

do anyone know when HT / B&N Exclusive will be release?
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 am

bakivali wrote:We still need Lupin, Snape, and Dementor, but we have a common box coming hopefully this week. Maybe I can get all 3 (well, definitely Snape) from that single box :)

Gave up and bought Lupin on ebay this morning - found a vendor that was actually willing to negotiate down to a reasonable price, and I figure it's worth it not to keep trying and ending up with Ron/Harry in hats! I'd rather have an army of Lunas than 2/3 of the trio in triplicate!

Now just to wait until the exclusives come out! Hope it's soon! And hope a couple of my duplicates are good trades if I need them!
Image ImageImage Image

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:21 am

Katers wrote:
bakivali wrote:We still need Lupin, Snape, and Dementor, but we have a common box coming hopefully this week. Maybe I can get all 3 (well, definitely Snape) from that single box :)

Gave up and bought Lupin on ebay this morning - found a vendor that was actually willing to negotiate down to a reasonable price, and I figure it's worth it not to keep trying and ending up with Ron/Harry in hats! I'd rather have an army of Lunas than 2/3 of the trio in triplicate!

Now just to wait until the exclusives come out! Hope it's soon! And hope a couple of my duplicates are good trades if I need them!

Nice! I'm holding out on buying any on ebay until I get the box in, but if you found it at a good price it's always good to check one (especially a rare one) off the list :)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:09 am

My area seems tapped of raguler cases so I'm going to see what I can pick up in the internet to tide me over until the exclusives start rolling out
- tauntaunking on instagram

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Havent seen a single case in any store. The box lunch is to far from me. B&N and HT have exclusives so they wont have yet.

I bought and traded on FB for Harry Ron and Snape to hold me over

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

HPFan wrote:I have duplicates of Snape, Harry, Thestral, and Horntail. I think I'll hold off on the Pixie and Selkie until HT and B&N release because last year HT had 1/72 in their possible exclusive spots.

Out of curiousity, why does everyone call it "Selkie"? I saw people using that term a few times and wasn't sure if it was the merperson or the Cornish pixie until now.

I got my 1st case and pulled a good mix, no 1/72's but got everything except Luna, Lupin and the Dementor. I went to the mall and my Box Lunch had them in so I grabbed some more boxes and scored Luna, Lupin and the Dementor. Just need the I have some extra Harry's, Bellatrix, Ron, Grindylow and Thestral. Not too bad.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:36 pm

My mom picked up a case at Box Lunch today. (If you need a Snape, Ron or Harry, holler at me.) It was assortment "D" according to the box, and the three chase spots were Bellatrix, Luna and the pixie. But I can't provide a layout because the cashier took each box out of the case to scan it individually.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:47 pm

nightschwing wrote:My mom picked up a case at Box Lunch today. (If you need a Snape, Ron or Harry, holler at me.) It was assortment "D" according to the box, and the three chase spots were Bellatrix, Luna and the pixie. But I can't provide a layout because the cashier took each box out of the case to scan it individually.

Well that's frustrating, just should have scanned the same one multiple times! Don't they understand the need for case layouts?!? :(

So am I the only Aussie on here that is still waiting for my stores to get stock in? I pre-ordered a HT and B&N case, but haven't even seen any regular boxes in stores yet :(

HPFan

Postby HPFan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
HPFan wrote:I have duplicates of Snape, Harry, Thestral, and Horntail. I think I'll hold off on the Pixie and Selkie until HT and B&N release because last year HT had 1/72 in their possible exclusive spots.

Out of curiousity, why does everyone call it "Selkie"? I saw people using that term a few times and wasn't sure if it was the merperson or the Cornish pixie until now.

I got my 1st case and pulled a good mix, no 1/72's but got everything except Luna, Lupin and the Dementor. I went to the mall and my Box Lunch had them in so I grabbed some more boxes and scored Luna, Lupin and the Dementor. Just need the I have some extra Harry's, Bellatrix, Ron, Grindylow and Thestral. Not too bad.

According to "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" by Newt Scamander, Merpeople are also known as sirens, selkies, or merrows. <~~~~ geeky answer

Or, I've seen them referred to as Selkies both in FB groups and on a checklist for this wave.

Those were some great pulls and good extras for trading!
Lauren

kbuhg91

Postby kbuhg91 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 am

Hey everyone! I am completely new to the world of Mystery Mini collecting and funko forums. I recently (this summer) discovered and fell in love with the Harry Potter mystery minis as I am a huge, no MASSIVE Potterhead. I am still attempting to collect series 1, mostly from ebay one at a time :/ Anyways, clearly I need tips with this new hobby as yesterday I went to a Box Lunch and bought all of the series 2 minis they had left. I was super excited, and pulled 3 Rons, 2 Harrys, Snape, and a Bellatrix. Ugh! Such disappointment, I desperately want a Luna and Thestral (favorite characters ever). Do any of you more experienced collectors have strategies for pulling the minis you want/avoiding duplicates? And what scale is best? Should it be sensitive to the hundredth of a gram or just a tenth? Is weighing better or going by layouts? What do you suggest doing with extra commons? And how do you snag that exclusive before it becomes 50+ dollars on ebay?

Thank you fellow funatics!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 am

bakivali wrote:
Katers wrote:

Nice! I'm holding out on buying any on ebay until I get the box in, but if you found it at a good price it's always good to check one (especially a rare one) off the list :)

I wanted to avoid ebay, but after pulling 2 Lunas, a dementor and some more Ron's, I figured it would actually save me $ in the long run. Of course, that'll all go out the window once the exclusives are out!

Good luck with your box! Hope you get a couple of the rare ones to make your life easier!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”