Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Esko5150

Re: Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 am

Got suppppper lucky today and found an untouched case. Couldn't be happier! :freddy2:
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Yeah Cap is way rarer to find than Strange. Anything Hot Topic exclusive is gonna be harder to find because of the limited stock they tend to receive and how much traffic they get in their stores. They rarely ever have Mini stock laying around, and if they do it's already been weighed and it's probably the 1/6s people left behind.

As far as the common Case with Strange in it, you can find those cases at any Mom N' Pop Comic Book Store not to mention every Gamestop and probably Target soon enough.

But yes I also agree that its up to the people trading to discuss the terms. If someone has a Cap and he wants Strange bad enough then by all means do the trade. Up to the person trading.
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

Nickcastle101

Postby Nickcastle101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Esko5150 wrote:Yeah Cap is way rarer to find than Strange. Anything Hot Topic exclusive is gonna be harder to find because of the limited stock they tend to receive and how much traffic they get in their stores. They rarely ever have Mini stock laying around, and if they do it's already been weighed and it's probably the 1/6s people left behind.

As far as the common Case with Strange in it, you can find those cases at any Mom N' Pop Comic Book Store not to mention every Gamestop and probably Target soon enough.

But yes I also agree that its up to the people trading to discuss the terms. If someone has a Cap and he wants Strange bad enough then by all means do the trade. Up to the person trading.

I think target has exclusives so strange won’t be available there. Mostly he’s only available at GameStop

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Esko5150 wrote:Image

Got suppppper lucky today and found an untouched case. Couldn't be happier! :freddy2:

That Hulkbuster is sweeeeeet!!!
So lucky, Congrats!
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

jperez702

Postby jperez702 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm

booo I was going to snag some with my 40% off HT coupon, but it doesn't work towards them

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm

jperez702 wrote:booo I was going to snag some with my 40% off HT coupon, but it doesn't work towards them

Hot cash is only a few weeks away, I hope to snag a few of these if they last.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

jperez702

Postby jperez702 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Valde wrote:
jperez702 wrote:booo I was going to snag some with my 40% off HT coupon, but it doesn't work towards them

Hot cash is only a few weeks away, I hope to snag a few of these if they last.

ya waiting for hot cash to snag the care bears

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Nickcastle101 wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:Yeah Cap is way rarer to find than Strange. Anything Hot Topic exclusive is gonna be harder to find because of the limited stock they tend to receive and how much traffic they get in their stores. They rarely ever have Mini stock laying around, and if they do it's already been weighed and it's probably the 1/6s people left behind.

I think target has exclusives so strange won’t be available there. Mostly he’s only available at GameStop

And every Local Comic Book shop that orders minis in all 50 states plus overseas lol. Not to mention even though Target has Exclusives, they tend to also carry the common cases aswell. Example Stranger Things and Rick and Morty.
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:21 am

And the hunt for Dr. Strange continues. Pulled a second Hulkbuster, and some other extras - 2 Black Panthers, Gamora, Hulk, Iron Man, and a couple more Blue Creepers. Tried for the HT exclusives to help out some friends. Think I'm done with that. I'll go for Strange, and that's it, unless I get an unboxed, untouched case at HT from here on out! When I found Hulkbuster, I was really hoping to find a Spidey for a friend, but struck out there, too! SIGH.... this set is killing me, and it's only in 2 chains currently!
Image ImageImage Image

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 pm

I’m so friggin p***. I went to Hot Topic Yesterday to hunt for The exclusive Captain America and Black Panther. My friend and I were weighing the minis so we could find them when some jerk employee told us we aren’t allowed to weigh them! I’ve never had that problem before! It isn’t even possible to find Cap in the wild without a scale! There was a case and a half full of the Infinity War minis! I don’t see the harm in weighing them! I already ended up with a mini I don’t want. I don’t want any more like that.

What gives? Any suggestions? And don’t tell me not weigh. I’m not a flipper. I just want Cap and black panther for my collection. I will not pay an arm and a leg using Ebay.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:00 pm

How does everyone know what weighs what? You can tell which one you are looking for with a scale? :freddy3:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Stitch626 wrote:

So lucky, Congrats!

Sweet! Love how that looks. :freddy3:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:21 pm

FunkoMeansFun wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:

So lucky, Congrats!

Sweet! Love how that looks. :freddy3:

Congratulations for an awesome mini.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:37 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:I’m so friggin p***. I went to Hot Topic Yesterday to hunt for The exclusive Captain America and Black Panther. My friend and I were weighing the minis so we could find them when some jerk employee told us we aren’t allowed to weigh them! I’ve never had that problem before! It isn’t even possible to find Cap in the wild without a scale! There was a case and a half full of the Infinity War minis! I don’t see the harm in weighing them! I already ended up with a mini I don’t want. I don’t want any more like that.

What gives? Any suggestions? And don’t tell me not weigh. I’m not a flipper. I just want Cap and black panther for my collection. I will not pay an arm and a leg using Ebay.

I've never heard a thing from an employee, in fact they have brought out extra cases for me to check for Nazgul. If they give you a hard time, you can easily apologize, and weigh them anyway. I much prefer weighed boxes over crushing boxes to see what's inside.

Possibly need a smaller scale?

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:38 pm

FredKruger wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:I’m so friggin p***. I went to Hot Topic Yesterday to hunt for The exclusive Captain America and Black Panther. My friend and I were weighing the minis so we could find them when some jerk employee told us we aren’t allowed to weigh them! I’ve never had that problem before! It isn’t even possible to find Cap in the wild without a scale! There was a case and a half full of the Infinity War minis! I don’t see the harm in weighing them! I already ended up with a mini I don’t want. I don’t want any more like that.

I've never heard a thing from an employee, in fact they have brought out extra cases for me to check for Nazgul. If they give you a hard time, you can easily apologize, and weigh them anyway. I much prefer weighed boxes over crushing boxes to see what's inside.

He threatened to kick us out of the store if we didn’t stop weighing them.
SWC 2019

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm

My HT got another case in today and... it was the same assortment as I first bought, wah wah.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I'd have apologized, waited, and started weighing when they walked away. Was there a sign? Just curious, likely the employee was a flipper, and trying to be sure the 1/6 sold out for $8.90 each to cover their tracks.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 pm

FredKruger wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I'd have apologized, waited, and started weighing when they walked away. Was there a sign? Just curious, likely the employee was a flipper, and trying to be sure the 1/6 sold out for $8.90 each to cover their tracks.

There was no sign. And he litterally watched us until we left the store to make sure we didn’t weigh them again! And I was thinking flipper too.
SWC 2019

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 am

thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

There was no sign. And he litterally watched us until we left the store to make sure we didn’t weigh them again! And I was thinking flipper too.

Wow never have run into that, and I've weighed 60 boxes of LOTR in multiple stores, and bought 0.

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 am

Any one seen them at Target or Walmart yet?

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 am

Ask an employee before doing it. Seems less sketchy if you ask someone to do it rather than them finding you weighing boxes. Lot of people have no clue that people use scales so if you explain to them what the purpose of the scale is they will understand and be cool with it. I always ask and have yet to be turned down at any store. Good luck!
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:18 am

jigsaw wrote:thanos would be the only one id get and would love to see how they make it!!!

If it's in his Armor maybe. not crazy about the pose on the Wave 1 Pop! tbh
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:14 am

CritterD wrote:
jigsaw wrote:thanos would be the only one id get and would love to see how they make it!!!

If it's in his Armor maybe. not crazy about the pose on the Wave 1 Pop! tbh

Agreed, the whole helmetless Thanos is not cool to me lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

My HTs have a pretty strict "no devices" policy towards minis. I've heard a lot of stores do. No reason to assume the employee is a flipper, more likely the store just doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsellable commons if word gets out that they let people cherry pick stuff with scales.

Not saying you shouldn't use one, but it's totally understandable from the store's point of view. I assume they're mostly trying to keep things fair for everyone.
ImageImage

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

My HTs have a pretty strict "no devices" policy towards minis. I've heard a lot of stores do. No reason to assume the employee is a flipper, more likely the store just doesn't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsellable commons if word gets out that they let people cherry pick stuff with scales.

Not saying you shouldn't use one, but it's totally understandable from the store's point of view. I assume they're mostly trying to keep things fair for everyone.

It's also a loss of a bunch of sales. Why would you overpay for a mini at HT, when can get same one at Barnes for $3 less? From the store's point of view they just lost $40 in sales depending on what they had in stock. Then the store is stuck with random minis no one wants to roll the dice on. It can be seen both ways.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Yeah. I know that Flippers are becoming a more prevalent issue, but we have to be careful to not label people "FLIPPER" just because they bothered us slightly.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm

impala6tres wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:So I got my Target case in yesterday... Case B, Vision (65.66g) and Black Widow (50.75g)

Ahhhhhhh SOOOOO DOOOOPE!!!! I’m jelly!! Nice pulls

Ta... I'm thinking about offering them up in an international trade for the final WB exclusives I need as I'm not overly a huge fan of this series...

Nickcastle101

Postby Nickcastle101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:44 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
impala6tres wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:So I got my Target case in yesterday... Case B, Vision (65.66g) and Black Widow (50.75g)

Ahhhhhhh SOOOOO DOOOOPE!!!! I’m jelly!! Nice pulls

Ta... I'm thinking about offering them up in an international trade for the final WB exclusives I need as I'm not overly a huge fan of this series...

I’d buy em off ya

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:51 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

Yeah. I know that Flippers are becoming a more prevalent issue, but we have to be careful to not label people "FLIPPER" just because they bothered us slightly.

Agreed, but to play devil's advocate, there is a fairly common theme of employees scamming the good ones before they come out... That might not be the case here and would be too late for them, but some people get a logo on their shirt and think that they're the boss of the world... There's a store in Australia that pretty commonly has a policy of no scales, but they take everything out of the case and put them on shelves, so can't use layouts or even keep track of how many cases they've put out, so while I understand that they want to keep it fair, they also lose a lot of business from me because I have gotten SO MANY dupes before I got a scale (and even WITH one) that there's no way I'm wasting even more on it when Funko are screwing their fans over with so many 1/6s...

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:07 pm

It's simple. Ask before you bust out the scale. I've yet to be denied and it makes you look better.
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:33 am

thebigdog14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:

I've been told not to scale before, but never had it go ugly that quickly, or to that degree. Usually I just say "Oh, okay" and put the scale away. It's also usually been at stores outside my normal 'hunting' area. If I'm at a store where the employees at least recognize me on sight, it's hasn't yet happened. But never that level of watching suspicion. Yuck, that makes for a bad experience all around!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 am

Chaister87 wrote:Any one seen them at Target or Walmart yet?

Nope, not yet. You'll probably hear the cries of excitement once they're spotted..!
Image ImageImage Image

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 am

I have to by HT once in back home anyway....I'll definitely be looking for that Hulkbuster. luckily he's super heavy compared to rest of them
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

Nickcastle101

Postby Nickcastle101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:45 am

Katers wrote:
Chaister87 wrote:Any one seen them at Target or Walmart yet?

Nope, not yet. You'll probably hear the cries of excitement once they're spotted..!

I preordered some from Walmart and they said they’d be here by the 26th so I imagine that’s the release date

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Boo! Went to two Gamestops and no sign of them. The first was crazy busy with only one employee that I saw so I just left without asking. Second store I asked and they said they didn't come in yet. I wanted to try my luck for a Dr. Strange.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:22 pm

CritterD wrote:I have to by HT once in back home anyway....I'll definitely be looking for that Hulkbuster. luckily he's super heavy compared to rest of them

Hulkbuster is also in the non-exclusive cases, so you can try Gamestop if you can find a box there. Good luck!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Nickcastle101

Postby Nickcastle101 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

I was just asked by the manager at hot topic to not weigh the mystery minis because a customer got upset about it. That’s an odd reason to not let me weigh them

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Nickcastle101 wrote:I was just asked by the manager at hot topic to not weigh the mystery minis because a customer got upset about it. That’s an odd reason to not let me weigh them

Not really, the other customer probably complained about "there only be 1/6 left because of flippers with scales" and/or threatened to call corporate on them. While I always use a scale, I can understand that it can hurt their sales/reputation. Best bet is to become friendly with them and make sure to take all the surveys.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Lasd6141

Postby Lasd6141 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanos is sexy as hell! A must have for me !
ImageImageImage

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:10 am

Mystlurker wrote:
Nickcastle101 wrote:I was just asked by the manager at hot topic to not weigh the mystery minis because a customer got upset about it. That’s an odd reason to not let me weigh them

Not really, the other customer probably complained about "there only be 1/6 left because of flippers with scales" and/or threatened to call corporate on them. While I always use a scale, I can understand that it can hurt their sales/reputation. Best bet is to become friendly with them and make sure to take all the surveys.

Or another customer showed up a week after they were on shelves and complained they couldn't easily find a 1/72. People will cry about anything these days. Unless there is an official sign, I'd ask for their manager. It's no different than reading these forums for info on online releases, layouts, links, etc. Minis should be sold out of box anyway, and/or tradable in the store.

There is a fine line between crushed boxes and scaling. HT sells multiple chases to the same person, but they don't want you making an educated decision? Seems like the employee is possibly a flipper, as really no reason to deny a sale.

Return to “Blind Bags”