Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Deadpool mystery minis!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
jeffcrazy

Re: Deadpool mystery minis!

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu May 10, 2018 11:55 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
Yea...I saw the reports regarding the DP minis. That's a line, I could just be happy w/ a few. I don't need them all...but w/ Rick and Morty, that's a different case. lol

I'm still waiting for a layout and hope one will show up soon b/c I'm not relaly keen on grabbing two chicken suits. LOL I know the pain of mystery boxes...stupid KidRobot and their Simpsons line snagged me long ago. :(

The chicken suit is the best one! I'm building an army :D

For R&M it's 1/12 for all the minis so if you found a fresh case at GameStop you'd get 12 different minis including all 3 exclusives. If you do decide to collect those minis give me a shout and I can try and help out with some of the exclusives. I also collect Loyal Subjects figures and that's a bigger pain considering they cost $13-14 per figure :eek: I did find a C28 last week which they literally only have 28 of that figure in existence.

I used to like Loyal Subjects, but they were such, um, "jerks" in their booth one year at SDCC that I just gave them up.... it was the year they had the 3 Transformers 3packs, but I can't even remember what happened . I did see they had the double diamond subscription thing which sounded like an interesting approach. I think Funko could do something very similar but with the main perk just being guaranteed access to the funko-shop exclusives (plus maybe a couple of extras thrown in or whatever). I would have hated this idea a while ago, but now that every Wed morning turns into a battle, the idea of a subscription pass for access is much more appealing.

But back to pricing, yeah, unless I luck into them when they first come out, I generally won't buy them at full price. Gamestop used to be great with price drops, especially when you could actually order like 5 or 10 when they got clearanced out, but now their online limit of 2 for most things makes it hard to take proper advantage of their sales (it's hard to buy 3 get 1 free when whatever minis on clearance are all different prices and you can only buy 2). Walmart has been my go to lately for cheapies online - you just have to catch it when the pricing algorithm decides they should be under $2.

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
LOL Army of chickens??

Which club 28 did you get? Congrats!!!!!

90% of my diet is chicken/chicken tenders so I figured I should build an army :D

I got the Fire Storm Mega Man from Target! Then my friend found the exact same one a day later in the same state :eek:

Lucky you on the C28! Still can't find that MM. Socal Targets didn't get that many exclusive cases. Mostly GR cases -_-

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
Ha! Well the chicken thing makes sense!

How is that even possible?!?! Great snag! That could pay for more mystery pieces! LOL

It was definitely crazy and the stores were just 30 miles apart! I got mine in Des Moines and he got his in Ames. We were driving up to FDO Minneapolis and happened to stop at a few stores. I thought they were myths and that I'd never find one lol

jeffcrazy wrote:
I used to like Loyal Subjects, but they were such, um, "jerks" in their booth one year at SDCC that I just gave them up.... it was the year they had the 3 Transformers 3packs, but I can't even remember what happened . I did see they had the double diamond subscription thing which sounded like an interesting approach. I think Funko could do something very similar but with the main perk just being guaranteed access to the funko-shop exclusives (plus maybe a couple of extras thrown in or whatever). I would have hated this idea a while ago, but now that every Wed morning turns into a battle, the idea of a subscription pass for access is much more appealing.

But back to pricing, yeah, unless I luck into them when they first come out, I generally won't buy them at full price. Gamestop used to be great with price drops, especially when you could actually order like 5 or 10 when they got clearanced out, but now their online limit of 2 for most things makes it hard to take proper advantage of their sales (it's hard to buy 3 get 1 free when whatever minis on clearance are all different prices and you can only buy 2). Walmart has been my go to lately for cheapies online - you just have to catch it when the pricing algorithm decides they should be under $2.

I haven't been collecting for too long, but there are quite a few Funko collectors on the Facebook page so it has been enjoyable so far. I did purchase the SDDC subscription so I'm excited to see what I get. I definitely agree Funko should do something similar, but it might be difficult with how big Funko has become. Maybe they could sell 10,000 Funko Shop subscriptions where you get 1 of every item for the year. I know they had a Platinum Card membership a while ago and Yoko mentioned at some point that they would be bringing something back, but I haven't seen any news. The Funklub idea is cool, but I don't think I've ever seen a winning name that I have recognized.

The bad thing about minis is that you'll have people go out and weigh them all and get the exclusives and then commons will sit in the case for months until they clearance them out. I'm guilty of going for the exclusives, but I don't really think there is a way to combat that unless Funko changes all minis to 1/12 but that would sway people away because they like the hunt/rarity of some minis. If you do find Walmart drops the price on minis you want make sure to use Google Express - they won't put a limit on how many you can purchase.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:05 pm

masteryoda69 wrote:Lucky you on the C28! Still can't find that MM. Socal Targets didn't get that many exclusive cases. Mostly GR cases -_-

Let me know if you need any of the commons from that case. I've got a spare metallic Rush right now and there are plenty of cases around town. :thumbright:

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:09 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:Lucky you on the C28! Still can't find that MM. Socal Targets didn't get that many exclusive cases. Mostly GR cases -_-

Let me know if you need any of the commons from that case. I've got a spare metallic Rush right now and there are plenty of cases around town. :thumbright:

Thanks for the offer! I actually did a trade for Rush recently along with Treble! Super stoked to have them both. I wonder when they are releasing the next wave of MM....

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 pm

masteryoda69 wrote:
Thanks for the offer! I actually did a trade for Rush recently along with Treble! Super stoked to have them both. I wonder when they are releasing the next wave of MM....

I'm not looking forward to the Walgreens set lol

And yeah Funko needs to come out with some of the bosses! Sooo many characters they could make!

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:17 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:

I'm not looking forward to the Walgreens set lol

And yeah Funko needs to come out with some of the bosses! Sooo many characters they could make!

Man Walgreens is a disappointment. I have yet to see a TC box at 5 of my Walgreens. It's not a big deal to me since i'm not going too hard on TC, but agreed. Not looking forward to MM Walgreens.

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu May 10, 2018 12:18 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
H If you do find Walmart drops the price on minis you want make sure to use Google Express - they won't put a limit on how many you can purchase.

Thanks for that awesome tip, I had no idea.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:But back to pricing, yeah, unless I luck into them when they first come out, I generally won't buy them at full price. Gamestop used to be great with price drops, especially when you could actually order like 5 or 10 when they got clearanced out, but now their online limit of 2 for most things makes it hard to take proper advantage of their sales (it's hard to buy 3 get 1 free when whatever minis on clearance are all different prices and you can only buy 2). Walmart has been my go to lately for cheapies online - you just have to catch it when the pricing algorithm decides they should be under $2.

Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye on that!

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

These are going to be the best. Difficult for a huge Deadpool fan but it’ll be worth it if I can manage to get them all.
950+ pops, dorbz, minis, psh, patches, and pins.
Follow my funko life on Instagram @macmill22 :freddy1:

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm just seeing some of the variants of the POPs that probably haven't been announced officlally so I can't talk about them.. but wow, they just go nuts with Deadpool it's crazy

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Macmill22 wrote:These are going to be the best. Difficult for a huge Deadpool fan but it’ll be worth it if I can manage to get them all.

Agreed !! Can’t wait to get all these so much deadpool merch but it’s awesome !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Marvelfanatic86 wrote:
Macmill22 wrote:These are going to be the best. Difficult for a huge Deadpool fan but it’ll be worth it if I can manage to get them all.

Agreed !! Can’t wait to get all these so much deadpool merch but it’s awesome !

I feel like I need to sell a kidney to get everything.

westonpapa

Postby westonpapa » Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 am

jeffcrazy wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
H If you do find Walmart drops the price on minis you want make sure to use Google Express - they won't put a limit on how many you can purchase.

Thanks for that awesome tip, I had no idea.

How long does it usually take before the prices drop?

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Does anybody have the ratios for Hot Topic or GameStop exclusives yet? I've seen some people find them but no ratios yet.

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:Does anybody have the ratios for Hot Topic or GameStop exclusives yet? I've seen some people find them but no ratios yet.

UPDATE! Just found the HT ratios Robinhood 1/6, Knight w/unicorn head 1/24, and Samurai 1/72 (would post a pic but haven't quite figured that out yet sorry lol)

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:46 am

One of the local Hot Topic got 2 cases but by the time I got there both boxes were ransacked. I have 2 more chances at the exclusives

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat May 12, 2018 12:06 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:I'm just seeing some of the variants of the POPs that probably haven't been announced officlally so I can't talk about them.. but wow, they just go nuts with Deadpool it's crazy

Were they the costume ones or the comic moment?

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat May 12, 2018 12:24 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:Does anybody have the ratios for Hot Topic or GameStop exclusives yet? I've seen some people find them but no ratios yet.

I saw someone said they found all 3 exclusives in 1 lucky case!
It’s me Lynda

jeffcrazy

Postby jeffcrazy » Sat May 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Classier wrote:
jeffcrazy wrote:I'm just seeing some of the variants of the POPs that probably haven't been announced officlally so I can't talk about them.. but wow, they just go nuts with Deadpool it's crazy

variants of costumed Deadpool (coughmetalliccough)... i just google image search it and so many pop up... if you like your stuff to be more "official you can also freely browse www.ikoncollectables.com.au, the distributor to Popcultcha.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm

jeffcrazy wrote:
Classier wrote:

variants of costumed Deadpool (coughmetalliccough)... i just google image search it and so many pop up... if you like your stuff to be more "official you can also freely browse http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au, the distributor to Popcultcha.

They’ve been officially announced. Feel free to talk about them as much as your heart desires.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 12, 2018 5:41 pm

They are great! Can't wait to find my favorites

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 am

Is there any exclusives from Target, Walmart or any other store in this set?

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Lakers wrote:Is there any exclusives from Target, Walmart or any other store in this set?

Hot Topic (hitting now)
GameStop (supposed to be out by the end of the month)
Target (who even knows)

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sun May 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:
Lakers wrote:Is there any exclusives from Target, Walmart or any other store in this set?

Hot Topic (hitting now)
GameStop (supposed to be out by the end of the month)
Target (who even knows)

Thanks for the info.

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 am

I went to Hot Topic today and found a Samurai HT exclusive and a Robin Hood!! Super lucky to get the 1/72!
ImageImage

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon May 14, 2018 12:37 am

x56735x wrote:I went to Hot Topic today and found a Samurai HT exclusive and a Robin Hood!! Super lucky to get the 1/72!

The 1/24 exclusive should also be in that case.
It’s me Lynda

Sunshine29102

Postby Sunshine29102 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:17 pm

So gotta have that Knight Deadpool with the Unicorn Head.
Just a small town girl...

Macmill22

Postby Macmill22 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

beachball48 wrote:Not gonna lie, these look pretty hilarious.
I'm not really into Marvel, but these are great.
I wish there was a Bob Ross mini, like the Pop they unveiled.

Always potential for a series 2!

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

My HT got in one box but by the time I got there it was slim pickings so I passed. For some reason, I want the Target exclusive old lady Deadpool lol

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu May 17, 2018 3:36 am

I'm only really wanting Panda Deadpool but the rest look just as awesome

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Thu May 17, 2018 4:03 pm

I was able to get one of the hot topic exclusive and one a friend helped with,
I think target will be the hardest
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu May 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Ugh, missed the Hot Topic drop yesterday -_- This set will be tough, but at the same time not sure if I will go for the full set.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm

I really love the entire mystery minis line. These deadpool minis are awesome! My favorite is the Punk, but the Clown and the Panda are pretty awesome as well. May have to make a trip to the mall later.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImageImage

buddylee

Postby buddylee » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

pulled a disco and chicken. wanted mermaid or samurai but all things considered I dig the designs

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Found a Gamestop case today in York, PA.

Wizard is 1/72
Cheerleader is 1/24
Clown is 1/6
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

TheLastDude wrote:Found a Gamestop case today in York, PA.

Wizard is 1/72
Cheerleader is 1/24
Clown is 1/6

Cool, got a few from Citywalk this past weekend.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 pm

More power to those collecting this line; it looks like it’s going to be difficult
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Made it to Hot topic yesterday and scored 4 boxes, I should have bought more... Maybe I'll go back tonight. I only opened two and got the chicken and the rocker. I think they are all cool so I am happy. Will open the other two tonight. These mystery minis are super awesome and I anticipate buying several more.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

skillawashere wrote:More power to those collecting this line; it looks like it’s going to be difficult

I am going to TRY and keep from collecting this seties... the completionist in me would need them all... so I must resist... #-o :eek:
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Return to “Blind Bags”