Retro Video Game Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
groundhog7s

Re: Retro Video Game Mystery Minis

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:53 pm

I've seen them at Toys R Us this week for the first time.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 pm

I haven't been able to track these down. I'll won't lose hope.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

smee

Postby smee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:17 am

I saw a fresh case at Toys r Us two days ago, might be a good place to check if you're looking for them.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Galaga ship looks to have been cancelled,that's too bad.

Cosmic_Cow

Postby Cosmic_Cow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:40 pm

FredKruger wrote:Galaga ship looks to have been cancelled,that's too bad.

Confirmation from Funko?

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:42 am

Cosmic_Cow wrote:

Confirmation from Funko?

No, but Gamestop doesn't seem to have exclusives, and they would be most likely to have exclusives for this line. Time will tell, but not looking good.

Hellspartan95

Postby Hellspartan95 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:55 am

FredKruger wrote:
Cosmic_Cow wrote:

Confirmation from Funko?

No, but Gamestop doesn't seem to have exclusives, and they would be most likely to have exclusives for this line. Time will tell, but not looking good.

I hope we get the Galaga ship. Galaga is probably my favorite arcade game so I'd be kinda sad if it got cancelled.

Hellspartan95

Postby Hellspartan95 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 am

I finally found a case at Thinkgeek. I only bought five of them. Anyone looking for Q*Bert he wieghs less than coily does. Coily weighs quite a bit more.

Juggernaut209

Postby Juggernaut209 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 am

This is a great set, I have seen them at two TRU stores now, as well as Newbury Comics if you are in the New England area. I think Frogger is the winner in this set, awesome mini. Sad to see the Galaga ship get bumped, especially when they kept on THREE characters from Dig Dug...
POP! Count - 64
Mystery Mini Count - 327
Mini Wants: Zootopia Nick Wilde
Minis to Trade: 1/144 Jaime Lannister, 1/72 WALL-E, Robbie the Robot, Bloody Predator, King Joffrey, Carl Grimes, Diablo, Super Mutant, Jason Voorhees (Series 3)
Toy pics from my collection: https://www.instagram.com/presidentjuggernaut/

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 am

Juggernaut209 wrote:This is a great set, I have seen them at two TRU stores now, as well as Newbury Comics if you are in the New England area. I think Frogger is the winner in this set, awesome mini. Sad to see the Galaga ship get bumped, especially when they kept on THREE characters from Dig Dug...

sweet! I'm gonna have to start stalking TRU and NC. Hopefully Target will get these as well.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:29 am

Gamestop just listed them on the site this morning. So they should be hitting stores soon
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm shocked there's no exclusives in this set. Seems like it's pretty popular.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:52 pm

I finally found some of these (at Midtown Comics West in Manhattan) I got Q-Bert, Frogger, Dig-Dug, and a Pac-Man ghost. They really are massive. But I really dig them!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

d3monicwolv3s

Postby d3monicwolv3s » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:57 am

I found a full case but couldn't really buy them all. Hoping no one buys any lol. Was hard deciding which ones to buy. I ended up buying megaman, dig dug and the dragon from dig dug (whos name escapes me now).

I wasn't sure if I should get single ones like frogger and megaman, or buy ones with multiples in the series. Which ones are people seeming to be skipping over?

Probably going to buy all the pacmans next.

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:57 am

Thinkgeek pulled me in with a "buy one get one 50% off" sale on blind box stuff, so I bought the case. It was just a hair cheaper than I've found them online.

A really cool set, but being able to just buy a case and get the full set seems somehow unfulfilling. As much of a pain as it can be to chase down exclusives and rares, it doesn't feel like the full Mystery Mini experience without it.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:17 am

Heli88 wrote:Thinkgeek pulled me in with a "buy one get one 50% off" sale on blind box stuff, so I bought the case. It was just a hair cheaper than I've found them online.

A really cool set, but being able to just buy a case and get the full set seems somehow unfulfilling. As much of a pain as it can be to chase down exclusives and rares, it doesn't feel like the full Mystery Mini experience without it.

I agree that it doesn't quite feel right knowing you'll get the whole set without having to do much work. I was happy to get Mega Man with ease though since he was my biggest want :D I wonder if they'll do something similar in the future with another series where you pretty much know what you'll be getting.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 am

Heli88 wrote:Thinkgeek pulled me in with a "buy one get one 50% off" sale on blind box stuff, so I bought the case. It was just a hair cheaper than I've found them online.

I agree with this. I feel like the series with only 12 minis that are all 1/12 aren't exciting. I like having exclusives and 1/72's to hunt down. There's no fun/hunt in just ordering a case and being done.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:31 am

popfanboy wrote:
I agree with this. I feel like the series with only 12 minis that are all 1/12 aren't exciting. I like having exclusives and 1/72's to hunt down. There's no fun/hunt in just ordering a case and being done.

But then if you miss out on the 1/72's you are screwed - I'm looking at you gold Bender! :smt088
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

But then if you miss out on the 1/72's you are screwed - I'm looking at you gold Bender! :smt088

Ghost In A Jar. :( :(
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 am

I can agree that the thrill of the hunt is always fun. However with so many flippers, and collectors actually holding down normal jobs, we cannot really land those hard to find pieces before flippers hit the stores.
I would have liked to see store exclusives maybe but those 1:72 minis kill me. I usually only find the ones I don't want lol
I landed both from the Disney Villains set and didn't want either of them. I also landed the gold Cylon but again didn't want it. On the other side I wanted the Rocketeer and bought so many to get it but never was able to land it. I refused to pay the $50 ebay price tag so he is still missing from my collection lol
Last edited by Battastic on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:47 pm

will they ever get the license to Nintendo? I'd love an 16 bit mario!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:05 pm

I still haven't seen these anywhere. Might have to resort to eBay for that Frogger and Dig Dug guys.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am

Quazimoto wrote:I still haven't seen these anywhere. Might have to resort to eBay for that Frogger and Dig Dug guys.

My HT had an entire case buried on the backside of a display. I don't think anyone knew they were there.
If you can't find them let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

Battastic wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:I still haven't seen these anywhere. Might have to resort to eBay for that Frogger and Dig Dug guys.

My HT had an entire case buried on the backside of a display. I don't think anyone knew they were there.
If you can't find them let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

Thanks! I'm a little strapped for funding at the moment, so I'll have to wait it out a bit... Unless you're keen on a trade. Got some Dorbz and a smattering of other Funko I could offer up.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:18 am

Quazimoto wrote:

Thanks! I'm a little strapped for funding at the moment, so I'll have to wait it out a bit... Unless you're keen on a trade. Got some Dorbz and a smattering of other Funko I could offer up.

PM sent

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Oh wow, I keep passing this because I thought they were randomized like usual minis. Glad they're appropriately packaged. Hoping I can go back to Walmart and snag the few I liked.

Return to “Blind Bags”