Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Lord of the Rings Mystery Minis

Postby Geescube » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 am

funko_poptography_89 wrote:Strange they haven't reached the West Coast yet! Sadly, flippers will flip. If people didn't feel desperate and buy them right away, prices would have to go down. Simple fact. However, distribution certainly can be better. Still haven't seen a common case or heard about Barnes and Noble.

Hopefully this set is easier to complete that The Last Jedi, for example. I have no confidence that my Walmarts will ever stock them and Unmasked Kylo continues to be impossible to find. (Hope that's not too much of a tangent). Good luck to everyone working on this set!

I have yet to see any of my walmarts pushing out Jedi stock. Im lucky enough that we got SW classics.

bakivali wrote:We stopped at Barnes and Noble yesterday and they didn't have them in their system yet. She said that sometimes they don't get them into the system until right when they ship though, so we should keep asking.

Funny u mention. I was just scouring the Google for a placeholder link. Nada yet.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 am

Geescube wrote:
bakivali wrote:We stopped at Barnes and Noble yesterday and they didn't have them in their system yet. She said that sometimes they don't get them into the system until right when they ship though, so we should keep asking.

Funny u mention. I was just scouring the Google for a placeholder link. Nada yet.

Yeah, it's so helpful once you have the placeholder link to check it each morning to see if the store changes to "in stock" or not.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 pm

We obviously don't have Barnes way up here, but my local HT had a case when I popped in at 2pm PST today.
I be Chris

sassypops

Postby sassypops » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 am

Wow! And I love you the details. Makes me wanna watch Lotr all over again.
greetings from the seven kingdoms

Breaking Bad Funko Pop introduce me to this hobby.

Pop count: 819

ig: @sillygorgeous

:colors:

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm

funko_poptography_89 wrote:Strange they haven't reached the West Coast yet! Sadly, flippers will flip. If people didn't feel desperate and buy them right away, prices would have to go down. Simple fact. However, distribution certainly can be better. Still haven't seen a common case or heard about Barnes and Noble.

Hopefully this set is easier to complete that The Last Jedi, for example. I have no confidence that my Walmarts will ever stock them and Unmasked Kylo continues to be impossible to find. (Hope that's not too much of a tangent). Good luck to everyone working on this set!

I think east coast HTs have been getting them first because HT has a distribution center in TN. A lot of their stuff ships from there now, so we've been getting them before the west coast.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:We obviously don't have Barnes way up here, but my local HT had a case when I popped in at 2pm PST today.

Nice! Did you have any luck with the exclusives? :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:02 pm

kihou wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:We obviously don't have Barnes way up here, but my local HT had a case when I popped in at 2pm PST today.

I picked up 4 - the top, front 2 and middle 2. With those I ended up with 2 - 1/12's, 1 - 1/6 and the 1/72 exclusive Eowyn :D.
I be Chris

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
kihou wrote:

I picked up 4 - the top, front 2 and middle 2. With those I ended up with 2 - 1/12's, 1 - 1/6 and the 1/72 exclusive Eowyn :D.

Awesome, she's definitely the Buckbeak of this line lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 pm

kihou wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
kihou wrote:Nice! Did you have any luck with the exclusives? :)

Awesome, she's definitely the Buckbeak of this line lol

Thanks! I was overly excited to pick her up. Finding the rest of the exclusives to finish the set is cold sweat inducing though lol. I just can't see myself dropping huge dollars on EBAY no matter how much I'd like them. Hopefully a lot more show up in HT stores, online and Barnes gets a massive supply so Ebay fills up and prices go down. Here's [-o<
I be Chris

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:Thanks! I was overly excited to pick her up. Finding the rest of the exclusives to finish the set is cold sweat inducing though lol. I just can't see myself dropping huge dollars on EBAY no matter how much I'd like them. Hopefully a lot more show up in HT stores, online and Barnes gets a massive supply so Ebay fills up and prices go down. Here's [-o<

Congrats on the Eowyn! And I am also hoping for huge multiple shipments of these everywhere so I can find some. I feel like Hot Topic is being particularly mean to the West Coast and I'm starting to take it personally lol If everyone else gets a restock before we get a first batch...well :angryfire:
Hi, I'm Merri!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm

synergy56 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:Thanks! I was overly excited to pick her up. Finding the rest of the exclusives to finish the set is cold sweat inducing though lol. I just can't see myself dropping huge dollars on EBAY no matter how much I'd like them. Hopefully a lot more show up in HT stores, online and Barnes gets a massive supply so Ebay fills up and prices go down. Here's [-o<

Congrats on the Eowyn! And I am also hoping for huge multiple shipments of these everywhere so I can find some. I feel like Hot Topic is being particularly mean to the West Coast and I'm starting to take it personally lol If everyone else gets a restock before we get a first batch...well :angryfire:

Ty, ty!

I know a couple other HT stores around Vancouver got them the same day I found mine so I can't imagine California would be far off. Wishing you luck! This line is just too awesome!
I be Chris

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 pm

HT lagging hard with these in Cali!
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[llO_oll]7

Postby [llO_oll]7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Esko5150 wrote:HT lagging hard with these in Cali!

They got them in at Brea HT, I think I might go try to pick some out lol. I don't collect minis but these are pretty awesome!
Kevin @[llO_oll]7
ImageImage

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Gamestop is getting them now, just found a case there.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Well, in a good news/bad news twist - one of my Hot Topics posted they got a case last night. I got up early and was the only one waiting outside for the store to open. 3 beautiful utouched cases. Sounds all good, right. Well here is the bad news whammy. 3 cases and just 1 exclusive. 1 Lurtz. That's it. I am officially super NOT a fan of these new ratios. Well, hopefully I'll be able to get to my others stores when they get cases in and havr some better luck. I like Galadriel, but I don't need an army of her....of Saruman...or anyone else.
Hi, I'm Merri!

[llO_oll]7

Postby [llO_oll]7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Bought a couple of them for a friend from HT, they look better in person than in picture!! they are nice. I'm get myself a new sealed box when we can use hotcash.
Kevin @[llO_oll]7
ImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:20 pm

synergy56 wrote:Well, in a good news/bad news twist - one of my Hot Topics posted they got a case last night. I got up early and was the only one waiting outside for the store to open. 3 beautiful utouched cases. Sounds all good, right. Well here is the bad news whammy. 3 cases and just 1 exclusive. 1 Lurtz. That's it. I am officially super NOT a fan of these new ratios. Well, hopefully I'll be able to get to my others stores when they get cases in and havr some better luck. I like Galadriel, but I don't need an army of her....of Saruman...or anyone else.

That's terrible!!!!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 pm

[llO_oll]7 wrote:Bought a couple of them for a friend from HT, they look better in person than in picture!! they are nice. I'm get myself a new sealed box when we can use hotcash.

Northern California or Southern California? I'm in LA area so debating whether to go to HT tomorrow and pick up both these and the Mad Max minis
My instagram: Sickleclaw

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I ended up grabbing the front two on top and bottom from gamestop. I got Arwen and Sam from top two, and Frodo and Pippen from the bottom two.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

saban

Postby saban » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Is there a petition somewhere to stop 1/6 ratios? If I'm looking to buy a fresh full case I really don't want to get duplicates.
IG: vickyisodd

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:43 am

saban wrote:Is there a petition somewhere to stop 1/6 ratios? If I'm looking to buy a fresh full case I really don't want to get duplicates.

I second this =D>
Hi, I'm Merri!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:04 am

Grex54 wrote:I ended up grabbing the front two on top and bottom from gamestop. I got Arwen and Sam from top two, and Frodo and Pippen from the bottom two.

Congrats on the Arwen!
I be Chris

Grex54

Postby Grex54 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:24 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Grex54 wrote:I ended up grabbing the front two on top and bottom from gamestop. I got Arwen and Sam from top two, and Frodo and Pippen from the bottom two.

Congrats on the Arwen!

Thanks, i was pretty excited to get her.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Gregory

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 am

Called around my local Hot Topics to see if they had gotten any of the exclusives yet. Not surprisingly 2 of the closest cities had already sold out, they didn't even post on their IG that they were on sale. such bs. Then I call the farthest of the HT's near me and they surprisingly had about 7 boxes the guy said. So I asked if he could hold them and he said yes, so I drive about 45 minutes to the mall where it's at and he hands me the case. Looked pretty new and my girl and I buy like 5 boxes. Open them up and this is what we got

We weren't happy I can tell you that. They basically got the leftovers of two boxes and threw them into one to make it look new and we got the S#%t end of the stick. Oh well, if anyone needs a frodo or samwise let me know.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Esko5150 wrote:Called around my local Hot Topics to see if they had gotten any of the exclusives yet. Not surprisingly 2 of the closest cities had already sold out, they didn't even post on their IG that they were on sale. such bs. Then I call the farthest of the HT's near me and they surprisingly had about 7 boxes the guy said. So I asked if he could hold them and he said yes, so I drive about 45 minutes to the mall where it's at and he hands me the case. Looked pretty new and my girl and I buy like 5 boxes. Open them up and this is what we got

We weren't happy I can tell you that. They basically got the leftovers of two boxes and threw them into one to make it look new and we got the S#%t end of the stick. Oh well, if anyone needs a frodo or samwise let me know.

Oh man, that hurts.
I be Chris

VoltaMikeV7

Postby VoltaMikeV7 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Im so excited for these. Im not thrilled about the gold gimli, but im glad theyre giving him more attention. Think ill go after these
VOLTA [Miiike]
IG: @Voltas_Vault
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:00 pm

oh dang congrats on the finds! Ive been to about 5 different hot topics in southern California this past weekend and every case was picked over. A couple told me that they won't bring out the next cases until the first case is sold! gotta wait for a restock i guess

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:41 pm

I think I saw on the facebook groups that Vegas got them late last week so it should be filtering through to the rest of the West Coast fairly quickly I assume? I still have to wait at least another two weeks for Australia to get them :( I'll probably just order a case and until it comes take my scales to stores and try for exclusives/rares as I really want the Merry/Pippen pairing and the case layouts I've seen have NOT been good...

Congrats! I know everyone is after Eowyn, but I reckon Arwen is going to be just as hard to get, but may improve over time, I guess depending on how many HT vs normal Funko cases are produced...

Esko5150 wrote:Called around my local Hot Topics to see if they had gotten any of the exclusives yet. Not surprisingly 2 of the closest cities had already sold out, they didn't even post on their IG that they were on sale. such bs. Then I call the farthest of the HT's near me and they surprisingly had about 7 boxes the guy said. So I asked if he could hold them and he said yes, so I drive about 45 minutes to the mall where it's at and he hands me the case. Looked pretty new and my girl and I buy like 5 boxes. Open them up and this is what we got

[bummer image]

That sucks mate, I feel for you... That's exactly what drove me to get scales... It's a bit harder over here because most if not all stores pull out the boxes and put their own barcodes on them. so you can't trust that they're in their proper spots, and I got sick of the dupes, especially in a case with 3x 1/6s! Best $10 I ever spent... has saved me a lot of wasted $ and annoyance...

saban wrote:Is there a petition somewhere to stop 1/6 ratios? If I'm looking to buy a fresh full case I really don't want to get duplicates.

I think we all need to stop whinging about the ratios and actually get out there and do something like a petition... If thousands of Funko fans actually get behind this, at least Funko will know that it's not just the few collectors and flippers that have a problem with it... I'm sort of ok with maximum of two 1/6s IF they are done right (like LOTR with two highly popular characters) or if it doesn't matter if they're doubles like Stormtroopers or even Jawas or whatnot, but the best situation is like the Disney Afternoon series where the exclusives are the 1/6s (mostly) and the rares are the same across the entire collection... That promotes more sales across different sorts of variants and also the marketisn't flooded with the same 2-4 characters, but it's spread out more over 6-9

If I'm bored at work later I'll have to check to see if there is a petition and if not start one as I'm sick of doing nothing... I know it's a real First World Problem, but we can't sit back and let big companies keep screwing fans over...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:46 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
If I'm bored at work later I'll have to check to see if there is a petition and if not start one as I'm sick of doing nothing... I know it's a real First World Problem, but we can't sit back and let big companies keep screwing fans over...

I wish they'd at least be smarter with them 1:6. make them the Army Builders if you have to have them. I don't think people would be complaining as much about multiple Ringwraiths or Stormtroopers or the like. let's be honest with ourselves, nobody lists Sam or Frodo as their favorites. lol

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

I wish they'd at least be smarter with them 1:6. make them the Army Builders if you have to have them. I don't think people would be complaining as much about multiple Ringwraiths or Stormtroopers or the like. let's be honest with ourselves, nobody lists Sam or Frodo as their favorites. lol

lol fair call, but I have a soft spot for Sam and his unrequited crush on Frodo lol... They're more the most recognisable and at least can re-sell as a pair as they go together... not like Potter S2 where they had Ron, Harry and Snape... blegh...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I've said it before but if it wasn't for the awesomeness of Gollum tagging along I wouldn't have been able to make it through the Sam/Frodo Brokeback Mt. Doom moments awake.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Yeah, this! I'd be totally cool with 1/6 if the character was an army builder. I was kind of hoping to get multiple Ringwraiths.

I also hope the Treebeard POP can allow Merry and Pippin to stand on top of, and they make a Cave Troll and Shelob POP in the future.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 pm

They should definitely rethink the ratios on these. Man, it's too tough to find.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Sanzdaman808

Postby Sanzdaman808 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Yeah, this! I'd be totally cool with 1/6 if the character was an army builder. I was kind of hoping to get multiple Ringwraiths.

I also hope the Treebeard POP can allow Merry and Pippin to stand on top of, and they make a Cave Troll and Shelob POP in the future.

Omg!! Army builders with 1/6 ratios would be brilliant!!! I say wav 2 have army builders like Rohirram, Gondor Rangers, Urukai, orcs, Galadriam Elves, Etc. if Funko does their 1/6 ratios like that, they wouldn't hear a peep from fans.

saban

Postby saban » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

That would be awesome! I would love to multiples of those.
IG: vickyisodd

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 am

I totally agree with the idea of making the 1/6s army builders. I have heard so many people saying they would like a set of 9 Nazgul, but that is going to be really tough with them being 1/72.
Hi, I'm Merri!

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am

Does anyone have any info on weights for Éowyn and Lurtz?

Witch king - 65.9 g
saruman - 66.1 g (so close to the witch king)
Galadriel- 56.1 g
All hobbits hover around 47 g

mrxdoe

Postby mrxdoe » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 am

I pulled this exact full display too!!! 3 samwise?! Really

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 am

synergy56 wrote:Well, in a good news/bad news twist - one of my Hot Topics posted they got a case last night. I got up early and was the only one waiting outside for the store to open. 3 beautiful utouched cases. Sounds all good, right. Well here is the bad news whammy. 3 cases and just 1 exclusive. 1 Lurtz. That's it. I am officially super NOT a fan of these new ratios. Well, hopefully I'll be able to get to my others stores when they get cases in and havr some better luck. I like Galadriel, but I don't need an army of her....of Saruman...or anyone else.

Ugh, sorry :( The HT stores here in Wisconsin only got one box each so far, and my friend found one untouched box and bought a couple for me. Got Galadriel, which is awesome, but frustrating when there are no exclusives and it's your only shot. I'm really hoping we get a restock soon, and have a few boxes this time to increase the odds.
ISO Mystery Minis!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

ShyGuyPal wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

1/6 army builders, or 1/6 store exclusives. The Thor set and Justice League were great with having the GS and HT (respectively) exclusives be 1/6. That way even if you got a duplicate, you could trade it for something in the common set.

Return to “Blind Bags”