Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 am

hailmary25 wrote:Anybody see these on the east coast?

Western NY has them
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:15 pm

So seeing all the posts where Hot Topics were getting in the new Minis I went on the hunt. I called a couple of the stores in the area and one store had gotten 3 cases in. Off I went and decided to pick up two cases. In opening the two cases I was able to get both Lucius Malfoy and Floo Network Harry, along with Mr Filtch, Mrs Norris & Draco Malfoy, along with Viktor Krum, Fleur De La Cour, Triwizard Harry and Cedric Diggory. Not too bad.

Yesterday we went out to run errands and decided to stop by another Hot Topic and low and behold they had just put out 3 cases. I grabbed the boxes that were in the sweet spots and got Sepia Tom Riddle and Goyle! So out of the tweleve, I got 11 and am only missing Crabbe. So Hot Topic is complete, now waiting on Barnes & Noble and Target to get their cases and to start hunting regular cases to find Rita Skeeter, Delores Umbridge and Mad Eye Moody.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Stopped at a different HT today and pulled from a case fresh out of the back, 2 more Krum and 2 Mrs Norris???
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Stopped at a different HT today and pulled from a case fresh out of the back, 2 more Krum and 2 Mrs Norris???

Only grab the top front four from a fresh case if you don't want any of the 1/6's with this set. Not sure how 2 Mrs. Norris' got in there but someone could've combined cases or else just a factory error

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Stopped at a different HT today and pulled from a case fresh out of the back, 2 more Krum and 2 Mrs Norris???

Only grab the top front four from a fresh case if you don't want any of the 1/6's with this set. Not sure how 2 Mrs. Norris' got in there but someone could've combined cases or else just a factory error
I had two Mrs. Norrises in a case today, as well. Unless something else weighs under 50 grams...

Just need Riddle and Crabbe to complete HT now. Do have extras of Goyle and Lucius if anyone's interested...

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:48 pm

highlanderfil wrote:Just need Riddle and Crabbe to complete HT now. Do have extras of Goyle and Lucius if anyone's interested...

Are you looking to trade Lucius or just sell him?

He’s the only Hot Topic exclusive I want, but both my closest stores were ransacked within minutes of opening yesterday. I couldn’t get there until a bit later. Each one got three cases, and I assume based on other series that this will be it.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:26 pm

nightschwing wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:Just need Riddle and Crabbe to complete HT now. Do have extras of Goyle and Lucius if anyone's interested...

Are you looking to trade Lucius or just sell him?

He’s the only Hot Topic exclusive I want, but both my closest stores were ransacked within minutes of opening yesterday. I couldn’t get there until a bit later. Each one got three cases, and I assume based on other series that this will be it.

I'd prefer to trade him right now, tbh.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:26 pm

highlanderfil wrote:At what stores are people finding common cases?

I found them at Box Lunch yesterday. Got lucky and found a Mad Eye, Rita and Umbridge all in one case :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 pm

highlanderfil wrote:I'd prefer to trade him right now, tbh.

Do you need Neville or Ginny from the last series? Or do you have a want list?

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:47 pm

highlanderfil wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

I had two Mrs. Norrises in a case today, as well. Unless something else weighs under 50 grams...

Just need Riddle and Crabbe to complete HT now. Do have extras of Goyle and Lucius if anyone's interested...

Very interesting, must be a particular case. I wonder what got left out of those particular cases

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 am

Have a few HT boxes coming and going to go grab a few more. Are there any weights on these things?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

I got all 3 of the HT exclusives this weekend \:D/ YAY! But still haven't seen a common case come in to my local Boxlunches yet, so gotta keep an eye out for that. Hope B&N/Target give us info soon so I can start checking stores.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 am

hailmary25 wrote:Have a few HT boxes coming and going to go grab a few more. Are there any weights on these things?

Lucius is about a 67/68 - Tom is a 55 - Draco is around 54 (I think). I don't have my phone handy right now, but a group of us was gathering weights.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Lonikins wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:Have a few HT boxes coming and going to go grab a few more. Are there any weights on these things?

Lucius is about a 67/68 - Tom is a 55 - Draco is around 54 (I think). I don't have my phone handy right now, but a group of us was gathering weights.

Thank you if you get any more info please PM me

LILYxattheDisco

Postby LILYxattheDisco » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 pm

My common case should be here soon - I cannot wait!

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm

LILYxattheDisco wrote:My common case should be here soon - I cannot wait!

Good Luck with your pulls. Let us know what you get.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Turtledoc

Postby Turtledoc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:50 pm

These have been FLYING off the shelves at HT. I can't believe so many people collect these now. Series 1 was a cakewalk compared to trying to track down these. It's exhausting.
Mystery Minis: 332
Pops: 33
Dorbz: 21

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Called HT this afternoon and they said had 9 boxes By time I got there they sold them all. (My hot topic wont hold any funko products)

cheshire-cat09

Postby cheshire-cat09 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 pm

I can't believe how many cases each store is getting. One of the stores i go to got in 6 cases, i was shocked. I got all my HT exclusives, at least, it only took me a case and a half, but i got 3 dupes each of the 1/6's. Also one case on the top row (don't know letter) will have Tom Riddle and Finch in the Top front, then the other 4 boxes will be 1/6 Fluer, Krum, and Harry Quidditch. :cheshire: :mal:

They were found in Lexington, Simpsonville, and Louisville, Kentucky
Hi, my name is Allison
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Avengers74 wrote:So seeing all the posts where Hot Topics were getting in the new Minis I went on the hunt. I called a couple of the stores in the area and one store had gotten 3 cases in. Off I went and decided to pick up two cases. In opening the two cases I was able to get both Lucius Malfoy and Floo Network Harry, along with Mr Filtch, Mrs Norris & Draco Malfoy, along with Viktor Krum, Fleur De La Cour, Triwizard Harry and Cedric Diggory. Not too bad.

Yesterday we went out to run errands and decided to stop by another Hot Topic and low and behold they had just put out 3 cases. I grabbed the boxes that were in the sweet spots and got Sepia Tom Riddle and Goyle! So out of the tweleve, I got 11 and am only missing Crabbe. So Hot Topic is complete, now waiting on Barnes & Noble and Target to get their cases and to start hunting regular cases to find Rita Skeeter, Delores Umbridge and Mad Eye Moody.

Good luck with Target! My target has been absolutely awful with getting the exclusive cases lately. Still waiting on them to get the R&M cases.

highlanderfil

Postby highlanderfil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 am

nightschwing wrote:
highlanderfil wrote:I'd prefer to trade him right now, tbh.

Do you need Neville or Ginny from the last series? Or do you have a want list?
I actually have extras of those:). All we need right now are Skeeter, Umbridge and Sepia Riddle.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 am

I feel so behind the 8 ball that it is discouraging. I have no time to hunt and the HT by me have been pilfered.

Lucky my two separate orders of 5 box apiece has been shipped. Hopefully I will have some luck.

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I feel so behind the 8 ball that it is discouraging. I have no time to hunt and the HT by me have been pilfered.

Lucky my two separate orders of 5 box apiece has been shipped. Hopefully I will have some luck.

Yeah HP more than any series usually get snatched up very quickly. Same thing happened to me with series 2 and I’ve never recovered with that one ](*,)

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 pm

cheshire-cat09 wrote:I can't believe how many cases each store is getting. One of the stores i go to got in 6 cases, i was shocked. I got all my HT exclusives, at least, it only took me a case and a half, but i got 3 dupes each of the 1/6's. Also one case on the top row (don't know letter) will have Tom Riddle and Finch in the Top front, then the other 4 boxes will be 1/6 Fluer, Krum, and Harry Quidditch. :cheshire: :mal:

That is such awesome news. I wonder how many the HT I go to will get, cross my fingers it is as many as yours. Congrats!
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I feel so behind the 8 ball that it is discouraging. I have no time to hunt and the HT by me have been pilfered.

Yeah HP more than any series usually get snatched up very quickly. Same thing happened to me with series 2 and I’ve never recovered with that one ](*,)

Thats why I am discouraged already. I feel like if you are not first to atleast HT exclusives you can kiss completing set. B&N atleast gets multuple restockings.

I had to shell out big money (most i ever spent on mini) to complete LOTR line. Luckily I guess the the hT exclusives in that line have doubled my "investment"

I know they just got released and sounds like I am panicking but am I. Look at ebay prices and trade requests already

throneofgames

Postby throneofgames » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
throneofgames wrote:
Katers wrote:
No, agreed! This is the first set in awhile that, while I would love to complete it, I'm not super stressed about!

(Of course, I say that now. We'll see what I do once it's OUT!)

You guys made some good points here, I could definitely see these not being anywhere near the price of what 1/72s usually are - which is a great thing for us!

No doubt. Tbh I’m really glad there aren’t any exclusive 1/72’s in this set. With the price of Buckbeak now, the fear of not finding it right away isn’t nearly as bad with this set

I just saw a buckbeak sell for like over $400 the other day... ridiculous!!!
I'm a Funko collector from Chicago. I'll travel just about anywhere for the love of Funko! Looking forward to in person meet-ups with Funatics once again at cons, Fundays, where ever! :freddy2:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm

throneofgames wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
throneofgames wrote:You guys made some good points here, I could definitely see these not being anywhere near the price of what 1/72s usually are - which is a great thing for us!

No doubt. Tbh I’m really glad there aren’t any exclusive 1/72’s in this set. With the price of Buckbeak now, the fear of not finding it right away isn’t nearly as bad with this set

really hate Ebay. I mean I know it was going for high amounts. But all it takes is one or two individuals to make something go crazy high and masses follow.

Take Yule ball Hermione its an exclusive you cannot get in stores any more. I feel like all I need to do is get a friend and fake bid the hell out of it and keep selling back and forth to each other or get another person involved and we could easy change the market and get it up higher

Ekkusu_X

Postby Ekkusu_X » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 am

Any sightings for BnN yet?

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am

Thinking happy and lucky thoughts for you with your shipments! I actually had great luck with an online order way back in the day - opened up a Flocked Fawkes! So it can happen - hoping it happens for you!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 am

Lexi wrote:
cheshire-cat09 wrote:I can't believe how many cases each store is getting. One of the stores i go to got in 6 cases, i was shocked. I got all my HT exclusives, at least, it only took me a case and a half, but i got 3 dupes each of the 1/6's. Also one case on the top row (don't know letter) will have Tom Riddle and Finch in the Top front, then the other 4 boxes will be 1/6 Fluer, Krum, and Harry Quidditch. :cheshire: :mal:

That is such awesome news. I wonder how many the HT I go to will get, cross my fingers it is as many as yours. Congrats!

So far the 2 HT and 2 BoxLunchs I've been to have had between 2-3 cases each. Hoping everyone has the same luck!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 am

hailmary25 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Thats why I am discouraged already. I feel like if you are not first to atleast HT exclusives you can kiss completing set. B&N atleast gets multuple restockings.

I had to shell out big money (most i ever spent on mini) to complete LOTR line. Luckily I guess the the hT exclusives in that line have doubled my "investment"

I know they just got released and sounds like I am panicking but am I. Look at ebay prices and trade requests already

I was the same way this whole weekend, home with the flu when I should be hunting minis! From what I've seen in my area though, the stores are only putting out one case at a time, so I've been asking if they have any in the back. Worked well for me so far! My home HT originally put out a case, and today when I went in, lo and behold, there's a new case! Left it there for any collectors coming along behind me!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 am

throneofgames wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
throneofgames wrote:You guys made some good points here, I could definitely see these not being anywhere near the price of what 1/72s usually are - which is a great thing for us!

That's just insane. Seriously...I don't think I have words for that. [-(
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 am

So, after spending the weekend sick, convinced that everyone in my area was buying all my minis...I went hunting tonight! Looking for common cases, so stopped in at BL - and there were 8 boxes on the shelf. Picked over...! But...I took a box up to the counter and asked if they had any more. Lo and behold...out comes an untouched case!

Guys, I got the mythical common box. I'm still in shock...

Image ImageImage Image

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 am

Katers wrote:So, after spending the weekend sick, convinced that everyone in my area was buying all my minis...I went hunting tonight! Looking for common cases, so stopped in at BL - and there were 8 boxes on the shelf. Picked over...! But...I took a box up to the counter and asked if they had any more. Lo and behold...out comes an untouched case!

Hey! Awesome! Congrats! Did your case happen to be the "A" case or you don't know?
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

TapouT32

Postby TapouT32 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am

yokofox33 wrote:
Katers wrote:So, after spending the weekend sick, convinced that everyone in my area was buying all my minis...I went hunting tonight! Looking for common cases, so stopped in at BL - and there were 8 boxes on the shelf. Picked over...! But...I took a box up to the counter and asked if they had any more. Lo and behold...out comes an untouched case!

Hey! Awesome! Congrats! Did your case happen to be the "A" case or you don't know?

Typically, case A has a 1/72 in it, but not always. I'm not 100% sure but everything I've heard points these not having case letters.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

Katers wrote:

Thinking happy and lucky thoughts for you with your shipments! I actually had great luck with an online order way back in the day - opened up a Flocked Fawkes! So it can happen - hoping it happens for you!

Thanks appreciate it

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Yeah HP more than any series usually get snatched up very quickly. Same thing happened to me with series 2 and I’ve never recovered with that one ](*,)

I was the same way this whole weekend, home with the flu when I should be hunting minis! From what I've seen in my area though, the stores are only putting out one case at a time, so I've been asking if they have any in the back. Worked well for me so far! My home HT originally put out a case, and today when I went in, lo and behold, there's a new case! Left it there for any collectors coming along behind me!

Did not think to ask for more in the back. Darn

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 am

TapouT32 wrote:
yokofox33 wrote:

Typically, case A has a 1/72 in it, but not always. I'm not 100% sure but everything I've heard points these not having case letters.

Gotcha. Figured case "A' was the money case. Hadn't heard these were not labeled though. Thanks!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am

hello potter fans. i am a casual harry potter fan. but decided to get the mystery minis because they are small enough to maximize the characters on my desk. any tips on keeping the standing? hermione and malfoy won't stay standing. its the feet together base.

as opposed to my LOTR minis. i dont have to worry about those guys. other than i cant see gandalf's face because his hat is too low lol

any tips appreciated
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Congrats, that is such an awesome feeling to get that untouched case.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:hello potter fans. i am a casual harry potter fan. but decided to get the mystery minis because they are small enough to maximize the characters on my desk. any tips on keeping the standing? hermione and malfoy won't stay standing. its the feet together base.

as opposed to my LOTR minis. i dont have to worry about those guys. other than i cant see gandalf's face because his hat is too low lol

any tips appreciated

Personally I use a little bit of reusable adhesive putty like poster tak or museum putty. Holds them in place really nicely but doesn't damage anything. I use it on off balace dorbz and pops as well. Can generally find it in Target or on amazon.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Return to “Blind Bags”