Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
pumkinpiedpiper

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I went to one of my local Hot Topics tonight that got in their case and got Sirius and Fred (looking left). Based on the original case I got, I found these in the middle (top and bottom). My original case had Bellatrix/Pigwidgeon and Grindylow/Thestral (top two, bottom two) in a the layout. I used that and pulled Sirius, Fred, Thestral and Pigwidgeon. Based on the weight of the ones left I am sure they were the Sorting Hat Harry, Ron & Hermione, Dragon and Snape.

Nice pulls! Did you happen to weigh the ones you got before opening them?

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:24 am

ggoncalves wrote:
Katers wrote:Went to my HT today, as well as 2 B&N. Managed to pull 2 Sirius' (Sirii?), a pixie, another 2 Luna & Thestrals (Luna is rapidly becoming my new curse-worthy mini!). Struck out completely at B&N - first B&N couldn't find the case in the back, and the 2nd had already had the good spots pulled - took my chances anyway, and got yet another LUNA! SIGH! I'll quest this weekend in the hunt for the other exclusives. Or maybe tomorrow night. Since I have no willpower.

I have an extra one of the HT Twins, the 1/24 looking to the right one, I believe Fred. Interested in trading for Sirius?

Sorry - traded him for a Neville last night. Of course this evening I pulled a Neville at B&N, so I'm kinda back where I started! LOL - let me know if you need a Neville!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 am

My HT had case E in today and I got Sirius, Right looking twin (fred?) Pig and the thestral, Went to another HT and got Sirius, luna, Thestral, and Lupin. The "sweet spot" seems to be the top and bottom middle row based on info from the internet and now my own trial (mystery mini science)
Im hoping my lupin or Siris extra can net me Nevill then ill shake boxes to find Arnold hopefully I only have one other barns in my area I can try they will have their case out Monday

Also im amazed by these minis, the HO set is the only one Iv completed/hope to complete I just have odds and ends of other sets but the details are amazing, Sirius tattoos are such a cute addition
Last edited by opopssum on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 am

Stalked a different B&N tonight, and managed to pull a Neville (54.74 g.) and a Pigmy puff! (38.56g). Now if the next B&N could just hand over a Ginny and Trevor, that would be great! And pulled yet another Pigwidgeon - I think I have enough Pigs to match all the Rons I ended up with!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 am

Katers wrote:Stalked a different B&N tonight, and managed to pull a Neville (54.74 g.) and a Pigmy puff! (38.56g). Now if the next B&N could just hand over a Ginny and Trevor, that would be great! And pulled yet another Pigwidgeon - I think I have enough Pigs to match all the Rons I ended up with!

At least they have each other, pig is so small I think I may have lot the one I pulled tonight :eek:

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:48 am

So jealous of you all being able to go into B&N and HT related stores and not have the boxes removed and re-tagged so layouts can be effective! Seems every store I try in Sydney either pulls them all out onto a single shelf or stickers them with their own pricing labels and puts them back into the case, so layouts aren't reliable...

JessemaJ

Postby JessemaJ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

Katers wrote:
ggoncalves wrote:
Katers wrote:Went to my HT today, as well as 2 B&N. Managed to pull 2 Sirius' (Sirii?), a pixie, another 2 Luna & Thestrals (Luna is rapidly becoming my new curse-worthy mini!). Struck out completely at B&N - first B&N couldn't find the case in the back, and the 2nd had already had the good spots pulled - took my chances anyway, and got yet another LUNA! SIGH! I'll quest this weekend in the hunt for the other exclusives. Or maybe tomorrow night. Since I have no willpower.

I have an extra one of the HT Twins, the 1/24 looking to the right one, I believe Fred. Interested in trading for Sirius?

Sorry - traded him for a Neville last night. Of course this evening I pulled a Neville at B&N, so I'm kinda back where I started! LOL - let me know if you need a Neville!

I have the 1/36 brother if anybody wants to stack Neville/Ginny or has Arnold! :D

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:38 am

bought a case from HT yesterday. It was all messed up. Funny thing was Top row had all the 1/12 and higher while bottom row was all 1/6s. Gonna try to return the 1/6s as i didnt open
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 am

Katers wrote:Stalked a different B&N tonight, and managed to pull a Neville (54.74 g.) and a Pigmy puff! (38.56g). Now if the next B&N could just hand over a Ginny and Trevor, that would be great! And pulled yet another Pigwidgeon - I think I have enough Pigs to match all the Rons I ended up with!

Thanks for the weights, me and my scale are heading out to the next state over after work (closest place with minis.)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Getting more and more depressed with seeing how much other people can hunt for these. Literally no time with 3 kids one being a baby and just hectic life. Add on to that I just saw a buckbeak on evilbay for $110. Well I will not be finishing this set.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 pm

opopssum wrote:

At least they have each other, pig is so small I think I may have lot the one I pulled tonight :eek:

Lol, let me know if you need another one, goodness knows I have a veritable army of them up for trade!

Pulled 2 right facing twins, another Luna and a Sirius today. Leaving Sirius boxed for now so I can take him back if I don't need him for trades. Quest for Buckbeak and George (I think) continues.
Image ImageImage Image

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:27 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:I went to one of my local Hot Topics tonight that got in their case and got Sirius and Fred (looking left). Based on the original case I got, I found these in the middle (top and bottom). My original case had Bellatrix/Pigwidgeon and Grindylow/Thestral (top two, bottom two) in a the layout. I used that and pulled Sirius, Fred, Thestral and Pigwidgeon. Based on the weight of the ones left I am sure they were the Sorting Hat Harry, Ron & Hermione, Dragon and Snape.

Nice pulls! Did you happen to weigh the ones you got before opening them?

No I don't weigh. My roommate gets into it so he likes to open them before leaving the mall. Both Sirius and Fred are very loose in the box, and lighter than Snape.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Got a case for my wife from HT (hooray hot cash!) and she got a case C which has the exclusive Sirius, luna and Lupin. Hoping to find the B&N soon. Not showing stock online in my area yet.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 am

So my scale and I found two fresh cases (pulled from the back) at two separate Barnes and Nobles and this was the result:

Weights:
Neville: 55.4
Trevor: 40.3
Arnold (Pygmy Puff): 38.7
Ginny: 53.4

Couldn't find any of the HT exclusives, but did pull two Lunas and a Lupin.

Weights:
Lupin: 57.3
Luna: 55.3 and 59.4 (the Minis themselves varied in weight when I weighed them outside the box too.)

No idea because HT insists on pulling boxes out and putting them haphazardly on the shelf.

If anyone gets a weight on the HT exclusives I'll be forever grateful!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:So my scale and I found two fresh cases (pulled from the back) at two separate Barnes and Nobles and this was the result:

Weights:

Weights:
Luna: 55.3 and 59.4 (the Minis themselves varied in weight when I weighed them outside the box too.)

No idea because HT insists on pulling boxes out and putting them haphazardly on the shelf.

Congrats on finishing the barns set, you and your scale are a dream team lol the pygmy is a lot bigger then I thought he would be and so very cute

One pic a friend sent me has buckbeak at 56.0 ill look and see if I can find some other weights

EDIT:
Boht of these come from facebook Im in the dark ages and dont have a scale
Sirius 64.2

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:44 am

I'm so sad that I won't be able to get this series. I originally didn't like this style but I'm such a Potter head I had to get the first set, this one has more of my favorite characters so it's so tough that I can't get them. Between being so sick I can't leave the house and the horrible ratios I'm too afraid to take the chace of ordering online and getting only an army of 1/6. Sigh.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

kbuhg91

Postby kbuhg91 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:44 pm

I would be happy to sell any duplicates I come across at cost plus shipping for anyone who cannot search. I currently have 2 Rons, 1 Snape, and 1 Luna available. My Barnes and Noble is finally getting their stock in tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to add more to that list :)

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Question for anyone that has found the Dementor. Does your not stay up? I have tried to use the front little rags at the bottom to help keep him up but h keeps falling over. Anyone else have that issue and figure out how to keep him f on falling?

Funkocinco

Postby Funkocinco » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Avengers74 wrote:Question for anyone that has found the Dementor. Does your not stay up? I have tried to use the front little rags at the bottom to help keep him up but h keeps falling over. Anyone else have that issue and figure out how to keep him f on falling?

Mine keeps on falling, too. I have to lean it against another mini.

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:10 pm

kbuhg91 wrote:I would be happy to sell any duplicates I come across at cost plus shipping for anyone who cannot search. I currently have 2 Rons, 1 Snape, and 1 Luna available. My Barnes and Noble is finally getting their stock in tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to add more to that list :)

In to trade or buy your extra B&N exclusives if you get duplicates! I have dupes of the Hot Topic ones (other than Buckbeak), but my B&N has not stocked yet, and will be a madhouse when they come out since there are many other avid collectors in my town.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:So my scale and I found two fresh cases (pulled from the back) at two separate Barnes and Nobles and this was the result:

Weights:

Weights:

Congrats on the complete B&N set!

I had:
Sirius 62.9
George (or Fred?) 54.09
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Avengers74 wrote:Question for anyone that has found the Dementor. Does your not stay up? I have tried to use the front little rags at the bottom to help keep him up but h keeps falling over. Anyone else have that issue and figure out how to keep him f on falling?

Mine doesn't stand in the least, it seems like for this one its a wide spread problem :( . When I asked around I was told to use some museum putty and that should help it stand, or at least stay in one spot. TIll I can find some I have mine propped up with Lupin and Luna on each side with a Selki in front

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 am

Funkocinco wrote:

Mine keeps on falling, too. I have to lean it against another mini.

I've pulled 3 dementors so far, and only one of them stands upright. And he leans pretty severely! Series 2 seems to be a very top heavy lot!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:00 am

kihou wrote:
kbuhg91 wrote:I would be happy to sell any duplicates I come across at cost plus shipping for anyone who cannot search. I currently have 2 Rons, 1 Snape, and 1 Luna available. My Barnes and Noble is finally getting their stock in tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to add more to that list :)

In to trade or buy your extra B&N exclusives if you get duplicates! I have dupes of the Hot Topic ones (other than Buckbeak), but my B&N has not stocked yet, and will be a madhouse when they come out since there are many other avid collectors in my town.

Seconded on the trading or buying! I only need Buckbeak and Trevor, and have multiples of most of the rest of them, including pixies (2) and puffs (2!). I was greatly misled on the (what turned out to be my) third pigmy puff - he weighed what a Trevor should have weighed, I was so disappointed when I opened him up and saw Arnold!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:11 am

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:

Seconded on the trading or buying! I only need Buckbeak and Trevor, and have multiples of most of the rest of them, including pixies (2) and puffs (2!). I was greatly misled on the (what turned out to be my) third pigmy puff - he weighed what a Trevor should have weighed, I was so disappointed when I opened him up and saw Arnold!

At least the puff is super cute :) If you trade one of the extra puffs let me know. I don't have the rares but maybe something from other sets if you collect others.

The two B&Ns in my area still show no stock from the inventory checker, but maybe it will update tomorrow or Tuesday. One of the stores I went to said that they are going to be featured this upcoming week, so stores should have them in stock by then.
ISO Mystery Minis!

acciofunko

Postby acciofunko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:27 am

I drove two hours away tonight because two hot topics each had one case in stock.. So I bought both cases and not a single exclusive. The best thing I got was x1 Remus.. Ugh ](*,)

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am

I got screwed at Hot Topic yesterday too. The "fresh case from the back" had no exclusives. Ridiculous.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am

HPLove wrote:I got screwed at Hot Topic yesterday too. The "fresh case from the back" had no exclusives. Ridiculous.

Sounds like someone combined cases, and the employee thought it was complete :(
ISO Mystery Minis!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:05 pm

So still no new Minis at Barnes & Noble yet (nor Pops either). One store that was closed due to the storm reopened so I have two o check now.

Also stopped by Hot Topic to check again. I went on Saturday night and they had a partial case. I got a couple and pulled George (just need Buckbeak now). I asked the cashier and she checked and said that they had more in their shipment in the back but I would have to check back this week as well hey had over 50 boxes to open. When I stopped in today they still had not found them and had the empty tray still on the floor. I would like to finish th Hot Topic set so I then can focus on B&N.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

acciofunko wrote:I drove two hours away tonight because two hot topics each had one case in stock.. So I bought both cases and not a single exclusive. The best thing I got was x1 Remus.. Ugh ](*,)

I just saw a pic of your instagram post via a local Facebook group over here... You got 3x Hermione (instead of 2) and 7x Snape?!? Were they sealed or mixed? As that is SERIOUSLY screwed up and just shouldn't be happening by any stretch of the imagination... The mathematical odds of that happening are so long, even C-3PO wouldn't be able to work them out, surely!

Someone in that same local FB group posted her case layout and they got an extra Hermione instead of a Horntail in her Regular box... I'm really hoping that this is not going to be a common thing!

acciofunko

Postby acciofunko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:
acciofunko wrote:I drove two hours away tonight because two hot topics each had one case in stock.. So I bought both cases and not a single exclusive. The best thing I got was x1 Remus.. Ugh ](*,)

I just saw a pic of your instagram post via a local Facebook group over here... You got 3x Hermione (instead of 2) and 7x Snape?!? Were they sealed or mixed? As that is SERIOUSLY screwed up and just shouldn't be happening by any stretch of the imagination... The mathematical odds of that happening are so long, even C-3PO wouldn't be able to work them out, surely!

Someone in that same local FB group posted her case layout and they got an extra Hermione instead of a Horntail in her Regular box... I'm really hoping that this is not going to be a common thing!

Haha, yup! They were sealed and pulled from the back... It was a little disheartening! I'm thinking I might just have to rely on ebay for this series.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 pm

acciofunko wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:

Haha, yup! They were sealed and pulled from the back... It was a little disheartening! I'm thinking I might just have to rely on ebay for this series.

who are you missing? I have an extra luna and threstel.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 am

acciofunko wrote:Haha, yup! They were sealed and pulled from the back... It was a little disheartening! I'm thinking I might just have to rely on ebay for this series.

Wow... that is REALLY outrageous! Gods help Funko if that crap happens to me... At least I might end up saving some money by not buying any Funko products ever again...

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 am

I'm hoping B&N will restock. My store showed in stock today so I called but someone beat me to them, for both stores in my area. Last time they didn't restock for months, but maybe now that they know they are popular they'll stock again sooner?
ISO Mystery Minis!

acciofunko

Postby acciofunko » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:32 am

opopssum wrote:
acciofunko wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:I just saw a pic of your instagram post via a local Facebook group over here... You got 3x Hermione (instead of 2) and 7x Snape?!? Were they sealed or mixed? As that is SERIOUSLY screwed up and just shouldn't be happening by any stretch of the imagination... The mathematical odds of that happening are so long, even C-3PO wouldn't be able to work them out, surely!

who are you missing? I have an extra luna and threstel.

I'm missing mostly everything.. My pulls from two cases were x4 Harry Sorting Hat, x4 Ron Sorting Hat, x3 Hermione Sorting Hat, x7 Snape, x2 Thestral, x1 Remus, x2 Dragon, x1 Pigwidgeon
So I would happily buy your duplicate Luna from you!

Daisy05

Postby Daisy05 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Has anyone's Hot Topics or Barnes and Noble restocked these? Each of mine just got one case and both sold out.
Wanted: HT Exclusive Mini Rhaegal

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Daisy05 wrote:Has anyone's Hot Topics or Barnes and Noble restocked these? Each of mine just got one case and both sold out.

Not that I know of yet. I'm hoping they restock several times so we can all get the 1/36 and 1/72 exclusives :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 pm

They must plan to restock several times. Let's look at the math. A 1/72 exclusive should be in 1/6 exclusive cases. There are 663 B&N in the USA. If each store got one case, and if the rare exclusive was only in one out of six cases, then there were only 110 Trevors made for this first batch. Hopefully Funko didn't make a unique mold to only use it 110 times.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Weights:

Weights:

Mind sharing the UPC or item# for the B&N HP Minis?
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm

MzTredecim wrote:
pumkinpiedpiper wrote:So...

Mind sharing the UPC or item# for the B&N HP Minis?

Here's the URL: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... n/31142446

If you expand to see the Product Details it has the UPC. The store inventory should also be available, but be warned that the reservation system is not great and you should probably call first.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”