Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MzTredecim

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby MzTredecim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm

kihou wrote:
MzTredecim wrote:
pumkinpiedpiper wrote:So...

Mind sharing the UPC or item# for the B&N HP Minis?

Here's the URL: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... n/31142446

If you expand to see the Product Details it has the UPC. The store inventory should also be available, but be warned that the reservation system is not great and you should probably call first.

Thank you very much! Time to start stalking.
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:24 pm

MzTredecim wrote:
kihou wrote:
MzTredecim wrote:

Here's the URL: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... n/31142446

If you expand to see the Product Details it has the UPC. The store inventory should also be available, but be warned that the reservation system is not great and you should probably call first.

Thank you very much! Time to start stalking.

Good luck! Bring us back all the Trevors lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Kait1987

Postby Kait1987 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi all! New to this forum, but not new to Funko. I just can't stop buying these silly little things! So far, my girlfriend and I have pulled three Snapes, three Thestrals, three Pigwidgeon, and an extra Ron. We're thinking about buying a scale and weighing them because pulling duplicates is so frustrating. What do you use? A kitchen scale?
Last edited by Kait1987 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kbuhg91

Postby kbuhg91 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Kait1987 wrote:Hi all! New to this forum, but not new to Funko. I just can't stop buying these silly little things! So far, my girlfriend and I have pulled three Snapes, three Thestrals, three Pigwegons, and an extra Ron. We're thinking about buying a scale and weighing them because pulling duplicates is so frustrating. What do you use? A kitchen scale?

[url]
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-SWS1 ... able+scale[/url]

Anything similar to this is super portable, lightweight and easy to use. I had the same problem and quickly bought one from Amazon, now I have been able to pull George, Sirius and Ginny.

Still on the hunt though, and good luck to you two :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm

MzTredecim wrote:
pumkinpiedpiper wrote:So my scale and I found two fresh cases (pulled from the back) at two separate Barnes and Nobles and this was the result:

Weights:
Neville: 55.4
Trevor: 40.3
Arnold (Pygmy Puff): 38.7
Ginny: 53.4

Couldn't find any of the HT exclusives, but did pull two Lunas and a Lupin.

Weights:
Lupin: 57.3
Luna: 55.3 and 59.4 (the Minis themselves varied in weight when I weighed them outside the box too.)

No idea because HT insists on pulling boxes out and putting them haphazardly on the shelf.

If anyone gets a weight on the HT exclusives I'll be forever grateful!

Not my post, but the UPC I've been using at B&N is 0889698147934, and it's worked for all the stores I've checked so far.
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 pm

My two days of hunting paied off, after the link was posted here I decided to reserve a case at a barns that couldnt find it yesterday on the off chance they might have it, not only did they have a full case it was a case with Arnold (and pig, and neville, and a thestral) I am on cloud 9. Just two more and I motored through this set :bounce: :bounce:
- tauntaunking on instagram

Kaedwyn

Postby Kaedwyn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:02 am

0889698147934 :)

I don't think they're officially "up" on the site so the page has been hard to find.

I keep the page up on my phone for the employees to look at, most have also had a hard time finding the right thing.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm

If this helps in stores the series two is near the bottom (or on the last page) when they search for "Harry Potter mystery minis" don't let them stop at series one.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 pm

I think I'll resort to testing my luck online with these. At least with my membership discount I can get free shipping one way.

Has anyone had any luck with stores ordering more? I might try that today too. Not sure if they'll be able to if someone only buys the sweet spots (they may tell me to just buy the ones they have).
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 am

Ok, so I got my HT and B&N cases in today at work and had to crack them open as I couldn't wait...

The commons were all pretty standard, no horror mistakes as some others have experienced, byt my rares were:

B&N (Box A): Ginny, Pig and Trevor (1/72 woo hoo!)
HT (Box C): Luna, Sirius and Lupin

While I'm happy to have gotten Remus, Luna and Sirius in my HT case, I was sort of disappointed that I didn't get a twin...

Another person in my local FB group got HT & B&N cases too, same thing with commons, but her rares were:

B&N (Box B): Ginny, Luna & Lupin
HT (Box F): Pig, Fred & George

Can't wait for my scale that I ordered to arrive so that I can go on the hunt and fill some gaps...

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:28 am

w00kiee77 wrote:Ok, so I got my HT and B&N cases in today at work and had to crack them open as I couldn't wait...

The commons were all pretty standard, no horror mistakes as some others have experienced, byt my rares were:

B&N (Box A): Ginny, Pig and Trevor (1/72 woo hoo!)
HT (Box C): Luna, Sirius and Lupin

While I'm happy to have gotten Remus, Luna and Sirius in my HT case, I was sort of disappointed that I didn't get a twin...

Another person in my local FB group got HT & B&N cases too, same thing with commons, but her rares were:

B&N (Box B): Ginny, Luna & Lupin
HT (Box F): Pig, Fred & George

Can't wait for my scale that I ordered to arrive so that I can go on the hunt and fill some gaps...

Nice haul! I'm hoping the stores will restock since these went so fast, so hopefully you get more of the HT ones you wanted.
ISO Mystery Minis!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:00 pm

I have spent so much money on this danm set. I like others have said do not like the cutsey style but im a serious potter head and want them. I like series 2 better and the ratios kill me.

I have an army of thestral lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Nice hauls everyone! This set is proving tricky for me so far! I'm not even collecting the set but helping my wife put it together lol Still fun to try and hunt them all down, though. Only one HT exclusive and one BN exclusive so far though :(
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:Nice hauls everyone! This set is proving tricky for me so far! I'm not even collecting the set but helping my wife put it together lol Still fun to try and hunt them all down, though. Only one HT exclusive and one BN exclusive so far though :(

Here's hoping for a restock for all of us! I just finally traded someone a HT extra for their B&N Neville. I am in Wisconsin, and I called almost every B&N in the state (except northwest) to see if I could reserve a box and it was a no go.
ISO Mystery Minis!

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm

kihou wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:Nice hauls everyone! This set is proving tricky for me so far! I'm not even collecting the set but helping my wife put it together lol Still fun to try and hunt them all down, though. Only one HT exclusive and one BN exclusive so far though :(

Here's hoping for a restock for all of us! I just finally traded someone a HT extra for their B&N Neville. I am in Wisconsin, and I called almost every B&N in the state (except northwest) to see if I could reserve a box and it was a no go.

There'll be a restock, I'm sure... Just have to hope we can find them before others lol Did you check Racine? They have a pretty big B&N. I know it's a trek from Madison though. (I'm originally from Kenosha)
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:
kihou wrote:

There'll be a restock, I'm sure... Just have to hope we can find them before others lol Did you check Racine? They have a pretty big B&N. I know it's a trek from Madison though. (I'm originally from Kenosha)

I had tried it last weekend when we were on the way to Great America, but they weren't in stock yet. Then based on story inventory, they haven't shown updates and like you said it's a bit of a ways out with no guarantee.
ISO Mystery Minis!

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone got a weight on Bellatrix?

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Speaking of which... while I wait on my scales to be delivered, are these all the weights that we have available? Tried to comb through this thread to dig them out...

Neville: 55.4 & 54.74g
Trevor: 40.3g
Arnold: 38.7g & 38.56g
Ginny: 53.4g
Lupin: 57.3g
Luna: 55.3g & 59.4g
Sirius 64.2g & 62.9g
George (or Fred?) 54.09g

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:19 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:Speaking of which... while I wait on my scales to be delivered, are these all the weights that we have available? Tried to comb through this thread to dig them out...

Neville: 55.4 & 54.74g
Trevor: 40.3g
Arnold: 38.7g & 38.56g
Ginny: 53.4g
Lupin: 57.3g
Luna: 55.3g & 59.4g
Sirius 64.2g & 62.9g
George (or Fred?) 54.09g

Here's what I've got to add to that:
Snape: 66.1, 66.9, 65.1, 65.2, 64.3, 63.3
Harry: 72.3, 71.5
Hermoine: 69.9
Ron: 70.9, 74.8
Dementor: 58.1
Thestral: 47.0, 46.3, 50.6, 50.1
Horntail: 78.0
Pig: 34.7, 34.6, 34.1
Grindylow: 47.1
Buckbeak: 56.0 (not my measurement)
Selkie: 73.6 (not my measurement)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:38 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:Here's what I've got to add to that:
Snape: 66.1, 66.9, 65.1, 65.2, 64.3, 63.3
Harry: 72.3, 71.5
Hermoine: 69.9
Ron: 70.9, 74.8
Dementor: 58.1
Thestral: 47.0, 46.3, 50.6, 50.1
Horntail: 78.0
Pig: 34.7, 34.6, 34.1
Grindylow: 47.1
Buckbeak: 56.0 (not my measurement)
Selkie: 73.6 (not my measurement)

Awesome, thanks... Am armed with my new scales and will be nerding it up on my lunchbreak... I'm used to getting weird looks at the Mystery Box counter, they just ignore me now :)

Kait1987

Postby Kait1987 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Ah! Went to Barnes and Noble today and managed to pull Ginny and Arnold (and another Thestral and Pig...womp womp). I shook all the other boxes in the case, and there didn't seem to be a Neville or Trevor.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Went to 4 Barnes & Nobles and at the 1st one they only had 4 left and the all were heavy. 2nd one I had to ask and the guy was nice and found the case in the back - took the 3 light ones and got Ginny, Luna and Thestral. 3rd one they couldn't find the case so the guy asked and found out someone bought the whole case that morning. Last one had 4 left, checked and one seemed light and pulled a Neville. The funny part was as I was cashing out the girl mentioned that there was a guy with a scale weighing them so I guess he missed out on Neville. Noe I have two extra Neville's. Just need to find Arnold, Trevor and Buckbeak to complete my set. I have some Hot Topic exclusives coming so fingers crossed on those. Barnes & Nobles will be the challenge since they only got 1 case at each store so far. Hopefully they get restocked soon.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:09 am

Once again thought I found a Trevor, and pulled another Arnold - that makes 3 extra Arnolds! Argh....
Image ImageImage Image

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 am

Arnold is still eluding me. Went to 4 Barnes today that showed in stock on the website. First didn't have any to be found, second onlu have 2 heavy boxes left, 3rd had their case on hold for someone and the last had half the case missing with no likely weights left :( That pygmy puff is the last exclusive I need so I have been pretty luck so far. Now I actually need to find some common cases and find those 4!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am

Katers wrote:Once again thought I found a Trevor, and pulled another Arnold - that makes 3 extra Arnolds! Argh....

I am in the same boat where I keep pulling Neville. Arnold has been eluding me and all of the B&N's are now out of stock. I hope they restock soon as I really don't want to have to resort to eBay. I only have Neville's, Luna's, a Lupin, A Grindylow and a Cornish Pixie extra that anyone may want besides the Harry's, Ron's, Thestrals and Snape's extra.

Tradebark

Postby Tradebark » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Anyone know if there will be a restock for any of the exclusives for this? We have tapped out everything within 2 hours of the area :(

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
Katers wrote:Once again thought I found a Trevor, and pulled another Arnold - that makes 3 extra Arnolds! Argh....

I am in the same boat where I keep pulling Neville. Arnold has been eluding me and all of the B&N's are now out of stock. I hope they restock soon as I really don't want to have to resort to eBay. I only have Neville's, Luna's, a Lupin, A Grindylow and a Cornish Pixie extra that anyone may want besides the Harry's, Ron's, Thestrals and Snape's extra.

Argh - yeah, when I thought I'd found Trevor, I was super excited since that means I'd found Ginny, too. But now that it's Arnold, I'm pretty sure it's Neville, and I don't want to open it! So the box sits there. Unopened. Making me crazy....

Of course, it could just be a Luna, too.
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Need any of the Hot Topic ones (besides Buckbeak)? Or something from another set? I'm in need of an Arnold XD

Same luck as others have posted, haven't found any non-hatkids at B&N and patiently waiting for a restock.
ISO Mystery Minis!

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:57 pm

bought a full case from HT (on the left) plus ordered 3 online - I was hoping to get buckbeak lol
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 pm

kihou wrote:

Need any of the Hot Topic ones (besides Buckbeak)? Or something from another set? I'm in need of an Arnold XD

Same luck as others have posted, haven't found any non-hatkids at B&N and patiently waiting for a restock.

No, sadly, just Buckbeak and Arnold as well! Trying to keep my minis to HP and a rare marvel figure, so I don't end up buried alive by minis! Once I succeed in pulling what I need or trading for them, I'll be happy to sell the extras off to people here who need them! Hopefully this happens SOON!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:04 pm

froyomorada wrote:bought a full case from HT (on the left) plus ordered 3 online - I was hoping to get buckbeak lol

Well, at least you managed to get the harder of the twins, and a Sirius! Those are 2 pretty solid pulls. Hard to offset the massive amounts of sorting hat trio though!
Image ImageImage Image

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:21 pm

Katers wrote:
froyomorada wrote:bought a full case from HT (on the left) plus ordered 3 online - I was hoping to get buckbeak lol

Well, at least you managed to get the harder of the twins, and a Sirius! Those are 2 pretty solid pulls. Hard to offset the massive amounts of sorting hat trio though!

Yeah, it feels like that the layout will have the Non 1/6 in the middle. The sorting hat trio I got from the front and back of the layout, and Snape as well.
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Katers wrote:
kihou wrote:

No, sadly, just Buckbeak and Arnold as well! Trying to keep my minis to HP and a rare marvel figure, so I don't end up buried alive by minis! Once I succeed in pulling what I need or trading for them, I'll be happy to sell the extras off to people here who need them! Hopefully this happens SOON!

Put me on the sale list assuming you're not doing the $120 ebay BIN that's listed.
ISO Mystery Minis!

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

i bought 4 case from PopCulcha and here they are...

Hot Topic (Box C)

Luna - 1/24
Lupin - 1/36
Sirius* - 1/24

Last edited by danioh77 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Hot Topic (Box A)

Pigwidgeon - 1/24
Gorge* - 1/24
Buckbeak* - 1/72

ImageImage

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Barnes & Noble (Box C)

Luna - 1/24
Lupin - 1/36
Nevil* - 1/24

ImageImage

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 pm

and Barnes & Noble (Box A)

Pigwidgeon - 1/24
Ginny* - 1/24
Trevor* - 1/72

ImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 pm

nice hauls, you got some good ones.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Buckbeak AND Trevor... Very nice!

Was it worth it to get a hundred Harry, Ron and Snapes?

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 pm

danioh77 wrote:and Barnes & Noble (Box A)

Pigwidgeon - 1/24
Ginny* - 1/24
Trevor* - 1/72

Awesome hauls! You lucked out getting the two "A" boxes from them since it seems that letter is the one to go for.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”