Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby Katers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Success!!! Called the nearest B&N today, and when I was told they had 25 mini boxes, I made a trip over there! Out of all the boxes, there was only one that could've been Trevor, so I bought it figuring it would be YET AGAIN a pygmy puff. Weight was 37.6, right between a Trevor and an Arnold. Took my chances, and success!! Trevor!

Now if Hot Topic would just come through for me! C'mon Buckbeak, I'm coming for you!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:06 am

Katers wrote:Success!!! Called the nearest B&N today, and when I was told they had 25 mini boxes, I made a trip over there! Out of all the boxes, there was only one that could've been Trevor, so I bought it figuring it would be YET AGAIN a pygmy puff. Weight was 37.6, right between a Trevor and an Arnold. Took my chances, and success!! Trevor!

Now if Hot Topic would just come through for me! C'mon Buckbeak, I'm coming for you!

Congrats!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 am

i made this for those who need a whole box. not sure if it help or not?
green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

danioh77 wrote:i made this for those who need a whole box. not sure if it help or not?
green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box
Spoiler: show

Nice chart! Too bad we don't get more insight into which box letter they are once they are put out on the shelves. That would be very helpful while hunting lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:54 am

danioh77 wrote:i made this for those who need a whole box. not sure if it help or not?
green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box

This is a great chart, thanks for putting it together! Really helps with what you may get out of a box! I had been leery of trying for Buckbeak, since I don't want to end up with another army of duplicates, but by this, I should only end up with 1 twin if I'm lucky enough to find an A box! Here's hoping!
Image ImageImage Image

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 am

Meep running into puff instead of Trevah!!

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:37 am

Geescube wrote:Meep running into puff instead of Trevah!!

I feel like that's an ok problem to have lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Officially have a Ginny and a Trevor for trade! My scale to the rescue again today! I need all of the HT exclusives :(

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:55 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:Officially have a Ginny and a Trevor for trade! My scale to the rescue again today! I need all of the HT exclusives :(

Sending you a message about Trevor :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:43 pm

green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box

You mad, mad genius you. I just asked the HT staff to check the box the case came out of and it was Box D, so Sirius and the Pixie are coming home with me!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

Last edited by pumkinpiedpiper on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:Speaking of which... while I wait on my scales to be delivered, are these all the weights that we have available? Tried to comb through this thread to dig them out...

Neville: 55.4 & 54.74g
Trevor: 40.3g
Arnold: 38.7g & 38.56g
Ginny: 53.4g
Lupin: 57.3g
Luna: 55.3g & 59.4g
Sirius 64.2g & 62.9g
George (or Fred?) 54.09g

Oh the variation between the same mini is killing me Funko, pick one factory to make all of them so the materials are the same and thus the weights will be the same. My wallet cant take it.....
:freddy3:

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Any one have the SKU for these at target?

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Dbratteli wrote:Oh the variation between the same mini is killing me Funko, pick one factory to make all of them so the materials are the same and thus the weights will be the same. My wallet cant take it.....

Its brutal really. I got Severus instead of Sirius once -___-

HP S1 wasnt nearly as bad, pretty much just the cats that were crazy close.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Barns have restocked so get back out there and get those Trevors :cheers:
- tauntaunking on instagram

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 pm

opopssum wrote:Barns have restocked so get back out there and get those Trevors :cheers:

There's a barns and noble 30 mins away from me . They have 2 new cases but they haven't put them out because they got a lot of new inventory, I've been going almost every day but no luck.
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 pm

green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box

Great work
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:11 am

kihou wrote:
pumkinpiedpiper wrote:Officially have a Ginny and a Trevor for trade! My scale to the rescue again today! I need all of the HT exclusives :(

Sending you a message about Trevor :)

I PM’d you back.

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:23 pm

angelika02 wrote:Can anyone help me out and let me know the weight of a Pixi? I am guessing it is somewhere between Arnold and Neville?
Also does anyone else have another weight for Luna? The ones posted already seem to vary greatly.

The weights of the mystery figures I pulled:

Horntail - 76.6
Neville or Remus - 55.7
Arnold - 37.7
Pig - 34.3
Ron - 72.8, 72.7
Hermione - 69.9
71.5 - Ron

From my calculations the box + plastic itself weighs around 27.3 on average.

Pixie is ~37

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:56 am

HPLove wrote:
angelika02 wrote:Can anyone help me out and let me know the weight of a Pixi? I am guessing it is somewhere between Arnold and Neville?

Pixie is ~37

I have Pixie at 36.7 - Pig came in around 34.93, so if you get a heavier box, you hopefully have scored! Good luck and happy hunting!
Image ImageImage Image

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Bought a box from my Barnes and Noble the other day. 8 of the boxes are 70+ grams. Not even worth it to open them, huh? I already have all the Sorting Hats and Horntail.

Of the 4 I did open I pulled a Snape, 2 Thestrals, and Pigwidgeon. I feel like someone got there before me and just switched out all the heavy boxes.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:39 pm

yokofox33 wrote:Bought a box from my Barnes and Noble the other day. 8 of the boxes are 70+ grams. Not even worth it to open them, huh? I already have all the Sorting Hats and Horntail.

Of the 4 I did open I pulled a Snape, 2 Thestrals, and Pigwidgeon. I feel like someone got there before me and just switched out all the heavy boxes.

Yeah, most of the time if I find a box with 4 missing, that means that another collector, someone in the 'know', pulled the higher ratio minis.

But every now and then, you get a box that a regular person pulled from, and you still have a fighting chance! Hard to tell which is which some days though!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 pm

Victory and triumph!! Randomly took my BFF and god-daughter (who has been 'magic' for me with funko hunts before) out hunting today, looking for my last missing mini - Buckbeak! Nothing good at the first HT, second was completely sold out. Third HT had 2 cases, and was missing 5. Pulled out the scale, weighed everything, and found 2 Sirius (put him back, since I didn't need him) and 2 boxes that were in the range - 56-57. Bought both, assumed they were the twins. Let the kid open one to be nice - I pulled the 1/36 twin. Lo and behold - she is MAGIC!! Set now complete, huzzah!
Last edited by Katers on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 am

Katers wrote:Victory and triumph!! Randomly took my BFF and god-daughter (who has been 'magic' for me with funko hunts before) out hunting today, looking for my last missing mini - Buckbeak! Nothing good at the first HT, second was completely sold out. Third HT had 2 boxes, and was missing 5. Pulled out the scale, weighed everything, and found 2 Sirius (put him back, since I didn't need him) and 2 boxes that were in the range - 56-57. Bought both, assumed they were the twins. Let the kid open one to be nice - I pulled the 1/36 twin. Lo and behold - she is MAGIC!! Set now complete, huzzah!

Wooo :cheers: congrats on finishing this one

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 am

Katers wrote:Victory and triumph!! Randomly took my BFF and god-daughter (who has been 'magic' for me with funko hunts before) out hunting today, looking for my last missing mini - Buckbeak! Nothing good at the first HT, second was completely sold out. Third HT had 2 cases, and was missing 5. Pulled out the scale, weighed everything, and found 2 Sirius (put him back, since I didn't need him) and 2 boxes that were in the range - 56-57. Bought both, assumed they were the twins. Let the kid open one to be nice - I pulled the 1/36 twin. Lo and behold - she is MAGIC!! Set now complete, huzzah!

Congrats on completing it! \:D/
ISO Mystery Minis!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:22 pm

opopssum wrote:Wooo :cheers: congrats on finishing this one

kihou wrote:Congrats on completing it! \:D/

Thanks! We made for entertaining people watching at the mall, that's for sure! There was squealing, clapping, hugging and high-fives!! Or, as my friend put it - thank goodness we were at a different mall than our norm, and no one knows us there!
Image ImageImage Image

acciofunko

Postby acciofunko » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Katers wrote:Victory and triumph!! Randomly took my BFF and god-daughter (who has been 'magic' for me with funko hunts before) out hunting today, looking for my last missing mini - Buckbeak! Nothing good at the first HT, second was completely sold out. Third HT had 2 cases, and was missing 5. Pulled out the scale, weighed everything, and found 2 Sirius (put him back, since I didn't need him) and 2 boxes that were in the range - 56-57. Bought both, assumed they were the twins. Let the kid open one to be nice - I pulled the 1/36 twin. Lo and behold - she is MAGIC!! Set now complete, huzzah!

Congrats! I guess I need me one of those magic kids lol

PixelPie

Postby PixelPie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:52 pm

green - Common Box
yellow - Hot Topic Box
red - Barnes & Noble Box

Darn, missed this info and bought box B from ht. Turned out I had already gotten that one but didn't realize.
edit: but thanks for this! This is really helpful
:) Hi! I'm Pie
ISO:

pumkinpiedpiper

Postby pumkinpiedpiper » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Y’all. Something told me to go up to Virginia today, and to head out east towards the waterfront. So I call the HT there and they say they have a whole case of minis. I think to myself, “Sure, pieced together from all the 1/6 & 1/12 no one else wanted”, but I took a chance and went it. The box looks too good to be true. I pull everyone out and weigh them. I got 6 over 70g, one in the 30s, one in the 40s, two in the 50s, and two in the 60s. I buy two, and the girl is nice enough to let me pick the second after I open the first. (Also got the second for 30% off and then my $5 birthday month reward for a total of $10.74 for two.) The first one is George, whom I don’t have, happy day! Based on danioh77’s wonderful chart, I know there’s either a Buckbeak or a Fred in the other 50s range box. Lo and behold, the mystery mini gods smiled upon me and:
I jumped up and down in the store. The employees were so good to me and really interested in the process, they even apologized for not having the outside box with the letter on it.
I found Buckbeak in the wild, and I have this forum and my trusty scale to thank for that. So thank you all for the bottom of my nerdy heart.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:41 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:

Congrats, sometimes you gotta follow your instincts lol

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:44 pm

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:Y’all. Something told me to go up to Virginia today, and to head out east towards the waterfront. So I call the HT there and they say they have a whole case of minis. I think to myself, “Sure, pieced together from all the 1/6 & 1/12 no one else wanted”, but I took a chance and went it. The box looks too good to be true. I pull everyone out and weigh them. I got 6 over 70g, one in the 30s, one in the 40s, two in the 50s, and two in the 60s. I buy two, and the girl is nice enough to let me pick the second after I open the first. (Also got the second for 30% off and then my $5 birthday month reward for a total of $10.74 for two.) The first one is George, whom I don’t have, happy day! Based on danioh77’s wonderful chart, I know there’s either a Buckbeak or a Fred in the other 50s range box. Lo and behold, the mystery mini gods smiled upon me and:
I jumped up and down in the store. The employees were so good to me and really interested in the process, they even apologized for not having the outside box with the letter on it.
I found Buckbeak in the wild, and I have this forum and my trusty scale to thank for that. So thank you all for the bottom of my nerdy heart.

Congrats
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 am

acciofunko wrote:

Congrats! I guess I need me one of those magic kids lol

Seriously! I think I'm taking her along on all my hunts from now on!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:15 am

pumkinpiedpiper wrote:Y’all. Something told me to go up to Virginia today, and to head out east towards the waterfront. So I call the HT there and they say they have a whole case of minis. I think to myself, “Sure, pieced together from all the 1/6 & 1/12 no one else wanted”, but I took a chance and went it. The box looks too good to be true. I pull everyone out and weigh them. I got 6 over 70g, one in the 30s, one in the 40s, two in the 50s, and two in the 60s. I buy two, and the girl is nice enough to let me pick the second after I open the first. (Also got the second for 30% off and then my $5 birthday month reward for a total of $10.74 for two.) The first one is George, whom I don’t have, happy day! Based on danioh77’s wonderful chart, I know there’s either a Buckbeak or a Fred in the other 50s range box. Lo and behold, the mystery mini gods smiled upon me and:

YAY! Congrats on the major in-store win! Love hearing tales like this!!
Image ImageImage Image

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Anyone have the SKU for gamestop?
SWC19/SDCC ‘17-‘19/ Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18 & '19/Funko HQ Grand Opening 11AM / Funkast HQ pre-ECCC ‘18 & '19/Fugitive ECCC 18'/19' & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18-‘19/Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/Conan SDCC ‘17-‘19 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 am

jrocksphotos wrote:Anyone have the SKU for gamestop?

I haven't seen these at gamestop yet, and they're not online. Rather slow of them...!
Image ImageImage Image

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

The middle row on the bottom level is one chase slot and the Thestral. Can anyone tell me which spot is which?

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:13 pm

nightschwing wrote:The middle row on the bottom level is one chase slot and the Thestral. Can anyone tell me which spot is which?

It depends on which box. Some of the boxes have the rare and thestral on top/middle, and some on bottom. I believe for case A, the thestral is on the left and rare is on the right (bottom middle).
ISO Mystery Minis!

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 pm

I'm having the worst time finding any of the exclusives. I'm still home bound so my nephews and niece have been looking for me but they haven't been able to find any boxes at all in HT or BN. I definitely can't afford to go the eBay route. I hope future sets like the stranger things or Disney afternoon aren't this hard for me or may have to give up collecting. :(
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

kihou wrote:It depends on which box. Some of the boxes have the rare and thestral on top/middle, and some on bottom. I believe for case A, the thestral is on the left and rare is on the right (bottom middle).

Oh interesting. I didn't know that. All the cases I've found have had middle top and bottom rows that are three chases and a Thestral, but the Thestral has always been on the bottom. Thanks for the tip.

jrocksphotos

Postby jrocksphotos » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Almost done...need 2 hot topic exclusives...many of the commons not pictured due to the fact they didn't all fit.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 pm

jrocksphotos wrote:Almost done...need 2 hot topic exclusives...many of the commons not pictured due to the fact they didn't all fit.

Nice! Hope you find your last couple to complete the set :) Hot Topic needs to hurry up and restock so we can all score some Buckbeaks lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

Return to “Blind Bags”