Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Game of Thrones, Series 3

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
molamola790

Re: Game of Thrones, Series 3

Postby molamola790 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Someone on ebay claims to have these in stock...I pulled the Trigger...see what happens

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 1:06 pm

So are these supposed to be released anytime soon?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Claire posted she received a case into her comic shop last week(?), but so far I haven't seen or heard of these dropping anywhere else.

In related news, the confirmed Hot Topic exclusives for this series just popped up for the month of May:

The missing three figures shown at Toy Fair, being Margaery, Tywin, and Stannis.
Replacing Sam, Tormund, and Melisandre
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Getting really excited for these. Holding out to order from HT, but I've heard they don't always send you a fresh case if you order 12 from the website.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 2:31 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:Getting really excited for these. Holding out to order from HT, but I've heard they don't always send you a fresh case if you order 12 from the website.

That is correct. I have never had them ship a sealed case to me when buying in bulk. If you go to their website and try to select multiple boxes, the drop-down menu only allows you to select up to 10.

Maybe if you order in store you might be able to purchase more, but I haven't tried that yet; I usually just wait until their shipment arrives and have them notify me.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:38 pm

I'm really trying to patiently wait for Hot Topic as well. I've become friends with my local Hot Topic manager and have asked her to hold a case for me when they come in. It is looking like they're all 1/12 and I for one am so happy that I am not going to have to hunt down any super rares and end up with 5 or more of every common.
Hi, I'm Merri!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 2:44 pm

It looks like if you get a HT case, all you will need to do is track down the replaced three figures from the regular case, and you'll be 100% (and vice-versa). A nice change of pace from trying to hunt down those pesky 1/72 store exclusives...
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 2:48 pm

How to do you have them notify you? Half the time I feel like they've messed with them before I've even gotten to the store.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 2:58 pm

The product name is stamped right on the shipping box, so if they're familiar with Funko products they can tell that way. Either that, or when they open the top of the box you can see what's inside. My store's employees know I'm looking for new MM cases that come in, and will call me when they're opening the shipment and find something I'm after. They don't really have a reason to mess with the case; but that's just my store. I don't know how other employees at other stores treat their merchandise.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 3:11 pm

RogueSolo wrote:The product name is stamped right on the shipping box, so if they're familiar with Funko products they can tell that way. Either that, or when they open the top of the box you can see what's inside. My store's employees know I'm looking for new MM cases that come in, and will call me when they're opening the shipment and find something I'm after. They don't really have a reason to mess with the case; but that's just my store. I don't know how other employees at other stores treat their merchandise.

I'm just not close enough with any local stores to have them call me when they get stuff in. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out around me.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:27 pm

RogueSolo wrote:It looks like if you get a HT case, all you will need to do is track down the replaced three figures from the regular case, and you'll be 100% (and vice-versa). A nice change of pace from trying to hunt down those pesky 1/72 store exclusives...

Heck yeah it is!! :cheers:
Hi, I'm Merri!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 3:36 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:The product name is stamped right on the shipping box, so if they're familiar with Funko products they can tell that way. Either that, or when they open the top of the box you can see what's inside. My store's employees know I'm looking for new MM cases that come in, and will call me when they're opening the shipment and find something I'm after. They don't really have a reason to mess with the case; but that's just my store. I don't know how other employees at other stores treat their merchandise.

I'm just not close enough with any local stores to have them call me when they get stuff in. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out around me.

Doesn't hurt to ask! Worst they can say is no ;-)
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 3:49 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

Doesn't hurt to ask! Worst they can say is no ;-)

Yeah. Asked customer service on Facebook, too, and they said there's no guarantee it would be an unopened case if purchased online. Seems kind of silly to me. lol

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 03, 2016 3:50 pm

I totally agree!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 4:03 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I totally agree!

You have the cases anyways. If somebody orders twelve are you really going to sort through two or more cases to grab twelve? lol

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 pm

It seems like these are hitting stores now.

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:30 am

I've asked at the 4 closest to me, they already do that for other customers and they usually only get one case so they can't do it for both of us. When I've ordered online I've always gotten doubles so it looks like they pull from multiple cases at once.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 am

HellKat613 wrote:I've asked at the 4 closest to me, they already do that for other customers and they usually only get one case so they can't do it for both of us. When I've ordered online I've always gotten doubles so it looks like they pull from multiple cases at once.

Yeah. I went into the store closest to me last night and I asked about them, but the guy didn't let me ask if I could come in and buy the whole case when they came in. lol

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 am

Anyone that gets a case or finds the exclusives: don't forget to help out your pals on the board by letting them know where in the box to find whom!

I already have Dead Tywin, so all I will want from HT is Margarey & The Mannis.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

TadGhostal wrote:Anyone that gets a case or finds the exclusives: don't forget to help out your pals on the board by letting them know where in the box to find whom!

I already have Dead Tywin, so all I will want from HT is Margarey & The Mannis.

I will if I'm ever able to get my hands on a full case. lol

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed May 04, 2016 10:00 am

I've ordered a case from ToyWiz, and will post the layout when I get it in hand. :)

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 am

Definitely need those HT pieces. If anyone buys a HT case please post the layout!!
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 10:52 am

TadGhostal wrote:I've ordered a case from ToyWiz, and will post the layout when I get it in hand. :)

I might just cave and order these from them. I don't think I'm going to get a HT case. lol

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed May 04, 2016 10:57 am

I'll be buying a HT for sure, but I'm East coast so I'm sure someone else might get to a case before me.

I can also volunteer to find a case for other members here, but you'll need to let me know ahead of time if you want help.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 11:30 am

RogueSolo wrote:I'll be buying a HT for sure, but I'm East coast so I'm sure someone else might get to a case before me.

I can also volunteer to find a case for other members here, but you'll need to let me know ahead of time if you want help.

Help would be greatly appreciated! I would love to pick up a case of these (or at least get the exclusives, but a case would be nice!)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed May 04, 2016 11:40 am

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:I'll be buying a HT for sure, but I'm East coast so I'm sure someone else might get to a case before me.

Help would be greatly appreciated! I would love to pick up a case of these (or at least get the exclusives, but a case would be nice!)

I'll make a mental note to keep an eye out for you ;-)

Assuming I can get a HT case for myself, I'll be looking for the 3 characters that are replaced (Sam/Tormund, and Mel).
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 11:47 am

RogueSolo wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

I'll make a mental note to keep an eye out for you ;-)

Assuming I can get a HT case for myself, I'll be looking for the 3 characters that are replaced (Sam/Tormund, and Mel).

I would really appreciate it! I know the west coast is starting to get their cases so it shouldn't be long.

I'll be looking out for those 3 as well!

jhorsley23

Postby jhorsley23 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:So it looks like Stannis, Margery, and Tywin are going to be our HT exclusives judging by the Toy Fair picture.

I like that they are adding in some new characters, but I feel like we could have lost our third Dany and Tyrion and replaced them with other characters. I mean, when is Cersei going to get a mini?

agreed, so we lose the 1 true king of Westeros for Clam seller Aria? ](*,)

It's BS that Stannis is in an exclusive case. Even more BS that you can't even get Stannis and Melisandre in the same case assortment.

I hate the way Funko does these exclusive mini cases. Their choice of displacements typically sucks!

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Wed May 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Sometimes I wish they would make them 16 in size so we could get all of the exclusives.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu May 05, 2016 4:27 pm

When somebody finds the link to the HT ones online post it here! No luck yet!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 05, 2016 7:23 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:Sometimes I wish they would make them 16 in size so we could get all of the exclusives.

or they could just stop being dicks about it and don't replace unique characters with other unique characters while leaving half of both assortments repeats.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu May 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:Sometimes I wish they would make them 16 in size so we could get all of the exclusives.

or they could just stop being dicks about it and don't replace unique characters with other unique characters while leaving half of both assortments repeats.

I agree, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them dicks about it. That's a little extreme.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 05, 2016 8:56 pm

One of my local HTs has a case they just posted on IG, if it wasn't so late I would go get it, ugh.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu May 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Valde wrote:One of my local HTs has a case they just posted on IG, if it wasn't so late I would go get it, ugh.

Are you on the east or west coast?

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 05, 2016 9:00 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:
Valde wrote:One of my local HTs has a case they just posted on IG, if it wasn't so late I would go get it, ugh.

West, Las Vegas.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Valde wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:

West, Las Vegas.

Cool.
I've been seeing them arrive on the west coast. I'm in the Midwest so hopefully that means they'll be hitting us next week.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Just picked up my case from Hot Topic! Now I just need those pesky 3 that the HT exclusives replaced, so if anyone has a regular case layout, please post.
Hi, I'm Merri!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Congrats Merri! That means us east coasters should see them next week hopefully!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Fri May 06, 2016 6:34 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Congrats Merri! That means us east coasters should see them next week hopefully!

I've gone to a few in the Midwest and nothing yet.
I'm too terrified to call stores (social anxiety) to see if they have them. There's on I could check and see if they have them, but I'm a big chicken. lol

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sat May 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Kind of annoyed now. Been to like four stores and nothing yet. I'm feeling like I won't ever find these. lol

Return to “Blind Bags”