Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
funko_poptography_89

Re: Avengers Infinity War - what minis will we get

Postby funko_poptography_89 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Why all of these 1:6s.... death!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:After seeing the list, i will definitely have to pick a lot of these up. Number one on my list would be the 1/72 hulkbuster. Hopefully its as obvious to spot as the first Hulkbuster mystery mini.

This'll be the first time I try for a Hulkbuster (got into the Marvel minis with Thor: Ragnarok!). Hopefully because he's huge (comparatively), he will be easy to find. And at least he's not a store exclusive. The HT exclusive Cap is also high on my list, and he worries me!

Yeah, Hot Topic exclusive ones can be tough.

Fingers crossed on the HT front. I have quite a few in my area, and I'm always willing to go hunting on quests to the ones that aren't terribly close, but not ridiculously far either. I do have to keep telling myself that it's not actually the end of the world if I don't manage to get all the minis I want. I'm not sure I'm not lying to myself, but I keep repeating it anyway!
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:05 am

Ok so some new interesting info, the hulkbuster is not a 1/72, but Doctor Strange is. That is gonna be a tough find lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

gogman

Postby gogman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 am

TriFeckTa wrote:Ok so some new interesting info, the hulkbuster is not a 1/72, but Doctor Strange is. That is gonna be a tough find lol

I've just seen pictures of what I presume is the general release assortment of these and there are some horrible ratios in there.

On the plus side the Hulkbuster is a 1:24 in this set rather than 1:72 that Hot Topic has it. But on the very negative side is that Dr Strange is a 1:72!! The first time they release a mini of him and it's a 1:72 - come on Funko this is getting ridiculous now.

The other chases in that set are the same Spiderman chase 1:36, a six armed alien soldier 1:36 and Black Dwarf 1:72.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:34 am

gogman wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Ok so some new interesting info, the hulkbuster is not a 1/72, but Doctor Strange is. That is gonna be a tough find lol

I've just seen pictures of what I presume is the general release assortment of these and there are some horrible ratios in there.

On the plus side the Hulkbuster is a 1:24 in this set rather than 1:72 that Hot Topic has it. But on the very negative side is that Dr Strange is a 1:72!! The first time they release a mini of him and it's a 1:72 - come on Funko this is getting ridiculous now.

The other chases in that set are the same Spiderman chase 1:36, a six armed alien soldier 1:36 and Black Dwarf 1:72.

Wait so there is a 1/72 hulkbuster and a 1/24 version as well?

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:48 am

TriFeckTa wrote:Wait so there is a 1/72 hulkbuster and a 1/24 version as well?

It's the same one just different ratios between stores. Much easier to find in a common case.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Wait so there is a 1/72 hulkbuster and a 1/24 version as well?

It's the same one just different ratios between stores. Much easier to find in a common case.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

ImageImage

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:57 am

I hate when they change the ratios like that. So goofy. Thankfully I'm not wanting to complete this set.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm

At least with Star Wars they changed a couple of them, but only changing the Hulkbuster is weird... I prefer it in the common ratio, sure, but these whole ratios are messed up... more than that, but it won't let me swear...

gogman

Postby gogman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:47 pm

w00kiee77 wrote:At least with Star Wars they changed a couple of them, but only changing the Hulkbuster is weird... I prefer it in the common ratio, sure, but these whole ratios are messed up... more than that, but it won't let me swear...

The new style of multiple 1:6 ratios are a complete joke! As are the 1:72 store exclusives some lines have.

Funko need to be careful they don't go too far down the profit first rabbit hole or they might start losing a lot of customers judging by the comments on the board.

Jarpo

Postby Jarpo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Here are a couple pics of the ratios. The exclusive box is for Hot Topic. (Note: these are not my photos...just sharing)

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 am

gogman wrote:
w00kiee77 wrote:At least with Star Wars they changed a couple of them, but only changing the Hulkbuster is weird... I prefer it in the common ratio, sure, but these whole ratios are messed up... more than that, but it won't let me swear...

The new style of multiple 1:6 ratios are a complete joke! As are the 1:72 store exclusives some lines have.

Funko need to be careful they don't go too far down the profit first rabbit hole or they might start losing a lot of customers judging by the comments on the board.

Yeah exactly... I know I've held off some series that I might have otherwise bought and there have been a lot of grumblings from here and also in Facebook groups that they're just avoiding series now that have these stupid 1/6s and 1/72 exclusives

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am

gogman wrote:

Yay easier to find Hulkbuster!! BOO hard to find Doctor Strange!! Though, if he's a common case, that will help our chances at least. While I would never use the word common for Dr. Strange, I'll happily do so in this case!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 am

Jarpo wrote:Here are a couple pics of the ratios. The exclusive box is for Hot Topic. (Note: these are not my photos...just sharing)

Spoiler: show

This just further cements my want of all my Avengers! I didn't realize how badly I wanted a Dr. Strange though until I saw the picture of the back of the common box!
Image ImageImage Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 am

Katers wrote:
Jarpo wrote:Here are a couple pics of the ratios. The exclusive box is for Hot Topic. (Note: these are not my photos...just sharing)

This just further cements my want of all my Avengers! I didn't realize how badly I wanted a Dr. Strange though until I saw the picture of the back of the common box!

Thanks for bumping up the pics, so that i could view them!
I want almost all of the avengers as well!

ImageImage

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:30 am

Well this is turning into a giant cash grab by Funko. Love the product but 4 1/6 items in a set is just too many. Probably going to have to buy a lot of these off ebay to come close to completing this set. I love mystery minis but this set hurts a lot.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:42 am

This series has inspired me to buy a pocket sized digital scale. I am not getting stuck with 14 of the same mini again.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:24 pm

Here's the whole lineup!

Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Groot being a Target exclusive makes me sad.

nightschwing

Postby nightschwing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:This series has inspired me to buy a pocket sized digital scale. I am not getting stuck with 14 of the same mini again.

I finally did that in December, and it is AMAZING. It’s helped me find so many rare characters I would’ve otherwise passed on. You won’t be sorry!

mustangkelly17

Postby mustangkelly17 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm

nightschwing wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:This series has inspired me to buy a pocket sized digital scale. I am not getting stuck with 14 of the same mini again.

I finally did that in December, and it is AMAZING. It’s helped me find so many rare characters I would’ve otherwise passed on. You won’t be sorry!

Does anyone say anything when you are weighing all the boxes?

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:44 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, what good taste we have! 3 different Iron Man in this batch! Gah...now that I've seen the other store exclusives, I need all the things!!! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:56 am

bakivali wrote:Groot being a Target exclusive makes me sad.

The Target and Walmart exclusives make me sad! Think this set is going to be rough!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am

nightschwing wrote:

Totally agree - though should add the caveat that you're still going to end up with some duplicates. But it WAY cuts down on them. Absolutely worth it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:03 am

mustangkelly17 wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

Does anyone say anything when you are weighing all the boxes?

Most of the stores I've been in with a scale have been cool with it - sometimes, the employees want to help, they get really into it! In stores I don't know though, I try to be subtle about it.

I've only ever had one experience where an employee didn't want a scale being used. I was being subtle, so she didn't see it. Once she walked away, I packed it up, bought the one mini I was trying (which was not the mini I was trying for - DOH!), and went on my merry way!
Image ImageImage Image

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:29 am

So many in this line for MM but man they look so good can't wait.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 am

Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, what good taste we have! 3 different Iron Man in this batch! Gah...now that I've seen the other store exclusives, I need all the things!!! :mir1:

The fact that there are three Iron Man pops is my favorite part about all this! lol

ImageImage

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:37 pm

If you haven’t seen in person yet. Spidey And Hulkbuster are Metallic Gloss and are amazing. Detail is really well done. Well done Funko, now fix your ratios
:freddy3:

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Honestly kinda loving the Doctor Strange mini the most right now :) Also, I get that there are a TON of characters in this movie, but so far there is nothing for Scarlet Witch - no Pop or mini :(
Hi, I'm Merri!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:01 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Thanks for bumping up the pics, so that i could view them!

The fact that there are three Iron Man pops is my favorite part about all this! lol

Yeah, now if I could just find them! I know some of them got out early today, but apparently everything got pulled later in the day. Tried a Target, 2 Gamestops, and an FYE just for giggles, and no go to all of them. SIGH! The quest shall continue! Just...on another day!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:04 am

synergy56 wrote:Honestly kinda loving the Doctor Strange mini the most right now :) Also, I get that there are a TON of characters in this movie, but so far there is nothing for Scarlet Witch - no Pop or mini :(

Dr. Strange does look great, from what I can see! Definitely one of my must haves!

Yeah, there are quite a few characters that aren't included in this batch that I wish were. Maybe we'll be lucky/unfortunate, and get a series 2?
Image ImageImage Image

Arnold11

Postby Arnold11 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:39 am

So many new faces to these minis. I want to know who they share but I don’t want know anything more about the movie.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 am

So I woke up to an email from HT saying the Avengers minis are on sale now? Guess I'll have to swing by my store today to see if they're on hand yet...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:11 am

Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, now if I could just find them! I know some of them got out early today, but apparently everything got pulled later in the day. Tried a Target, 2 Gamestops, and an FYE just for giggles, and no go to all of them. SIGH! The quest shall continue! Just...on another day!

Now that the release dates seem to have been pulled, they are showing up at a lot of places. Should be easier now, hopefully!

ImageImage

maxrecords

Postby maxrecords » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:42 pm

https://www.hottopic.com/product/marvel ... ar&start=5

the heavies should be easy.

really want the dr. strange, winter soldier, and groot...wouldn't mind a cap, thor, and panther too!

atl2184

Postby atl2184 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Has anyone figured out a layout or weights for the hot topic ones? I haven't had a chance to get to mine yet.

0regoner

Postby 0regoner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:41 pm

When I got the Hulkbuster at Gamestop today I picked up a mini. Was trying to get a mini Hulkbuster by picking the heaviest one out of the pack. I ended up with Cull Obsidian 1/72...i do not want

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:17 pm

0regoner wrote:When I got the Hulkbuster at Gamestop today I picked up a mini. Was trying to get a mini Hulkbuster by picking the heaviest one out of the pack. I ended up with Cull Obsidian 1/72...i do not want

I'll take him off your hands if you want to unload him!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
Katers wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:Thanks for bumping up the pics, so that i could view them!

LOL - it would be my favorite part if the three Iron Man minis I have were all different...!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:51 pm

RogueSolo wrote:So I woke up to an email from HT saying the Avengers minis are on sale now? Guess I'll have to swing by my store today to see if they're on hand yet...

Ugh - the email lies! I was only able to find them at the 4th store...yeah, I stalked HT today. The other three stores said either try back tonight, or try again on Monday. Focus in store really seemed to be on the pops.
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”