Nickelodeon Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Mr Yac

Re: Nickelodeon Mystery Minis

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Yeah I know, I'm sure I'll be just as mad when that set releases :(

and after the relatively decent ratios of the Disney Afternoon set I was optimistic about this one. especially annoying since the 2 I want most are Filbert & Reptar and they're of course in different sets entirely ](*,)

uhh

Postby uhh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:52 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:but Nick is the same, 8 1/6 ,2 1/12 and only 2 slots for the "rares"

Yeah I know, I'm sure I'll be just as mad when that set releases :(

Dibs on all your rugrats dupes lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:53 pm

uhh wrote:Dibs on all your rugrats dupes lol

IF I buy any of these they are all yours bud, aside from Reptar of course.

uhh

Postby uhh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
uhh wrote:Dibs on all your rugrats dupes lol

IF I buy any of these they are all yours bud, aside from Reptar of course.

Oohhh a reptar army does sound fun! Hopefully you don't get too many duplicates

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:10 pm

uhh wrote:
Oohhh a reptar army does sound fun! Hopefully you don't get too many duplicates

sadly this might be a pass for me unless there is a solid layout. I just can't afford to keep throwing away money no matter how much I may like the series.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:27 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:These are some amazing looking minis. I'll probably buy a couple at the store, since even the 1/6's are pretty cool. Otherwise. I'll wait it out till the prices go down (as they normally do) because I sure as heck don't need a ton of Tommys.

You mean you don't want a Tommy army?? lol

No. Please no. I'm team Chucky!
I'm Abe

Sam25

Postby Sam25 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 am

I don’t collect this line but there are some that take me back. I could see these be very popular

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 am

I may try to snag Ren and Stimpy, but I was a little old for the huge 90s Nick wave of shows, so most of these guys don't mean much to me. More for you guys.

Since they're both 1/6, at least it shouldn't be hard to find 'em.

uhh

Postby uhh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 am

MyLittleFunkos wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
MyLittleFunkos wrote:These are some amazing looking minis. I'll probably buy a couple at the store, since even the 1/6's are pretty cool. Otherwise. I'll wait it out till the prices go down (as they normally do) because I sure as heck don't need a ton of Tommys.

You mean you don't want a Tommy army?? lol

No. Please no. I'm team Chucky!

Team Chucky ftw!

Mystery_Mini_God

Postby Mystery_Mini_God » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 pm

‘I’ like the 1/6 ratio. Everyone complains, but for those of us completing sets it helps in the fact that it’s one less character to find. The 1/6s are easy to locate in a case, so just avoid it.

Easy day.
Minis: 1,799 (no doubles)
Sets completed: 102
Complete on all sets achieved on February 24th, 2018.
#TheyAllComeHome

Instagram: Os_the_mystery_mini_hunter

YouTube: Mystery Mini God Os

Find assistance at my FB group @ Funko Mystery Minis Hunt: Buy & Sale/Trade/Chat

Come on in... You’ll love us! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Mystery_Mini_God wrote:‘I’ like the 1/6 ratio. Everyone complains, but for those of us completing sets it helps in the fact that it’s one less character to find. The 1/6s are easy to locate in a case, so just avoid it.

Easy day.

how in the world does fewer slots to fit MORE figures make it easier to complete a set?

beachball48

Postby beachball48 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Woohoo! Ren & Stimpy will be easy! Phew.

Mystery_Mini_God

Postby Mystery_Mini_God » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mystery_Mini_God wrote:‘I’ like the 1/6 ratio. Everyone complains, but for those of us completing sets it helps in the fact that it’s one less character to find. The 1/6s are easy to locate in a case, so just avoid it.

Easy day.

how in the world does fewer slots to fit MORE figures make it easier to complete a set?

Overall, there will be fewer minis in the set to collect.
Minis: 1,799 (no doubles)
Sets completed: 102
Complete on all sets achieved on February 24th, 2018.
#TheyAllComeHome

Instagram: Os_the_mystery_mini_hunter

YouTube: Mystery Mini God Os

Find assistance at my FB group @ Funko Mystery Minis Hunt: Buy & Sale/Trade/Chat

Come on in... You’ll love us! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

wgfulton wrote:Ratios from popvinyls.com

Super excited that all the ones I want are commons.

Thank you for posting this.

wgfulton

Postby wgfulton » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 am

Mr Yac wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:What the hell? A 1/56!? lol :|

which unless they shift the ratios around is going to make the store exclusives 1/12, 1/24 and 1/56. just going to be a nightmare.

Better than 1/72 store exclusives though...

cheshire-cat09

Postby cheshire-cat09 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Ugh those ratios. That's the only thing I hate about the minis, so many 1/6. It's gotten to be too much. :(
Hi, my name is Allison
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
Image Image

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 pm

Im excited for the Nick MM...but am I the only one that thinks their eyes look a bit buggy? Like it looks like their eyes are going to pop out of their heads. I'm curious to see what the PSH will look like.

Anyway, I'll see if I can pick these up on sale or something, otherwise I'll still be frustratingly trying to finish the WB MM.
ImageImage

wgfulton

Postby wgfulton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:50 am

x56735x wrote:Im excited for the Nick MM...but am I the only one that thinks their eyes look a bit buggy? Like it looks like their eyes are going to pop out of their heads. I'm curious to see what the PSH will look like.

Anyway, I'll see if I can pick these up on sale or something, otherwise I'll still be frustratingly trying to finish the WB MM.

I agree. The eyes are kind of strange...

I'm curious about the Loyal Subjects set that's coming. Maybe more expensive, but they look really good.

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:56 pm

Not getting all of them, but I definitely want to get the Rocko, Monsters, and Ren & Stimpy sets. Hoping I can get lucky!
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy-fair-new-york-reveals-nickelodeon

I am dying here because I want all of these but blind bag thing makes me anxious. I can't just keep buying the same thing over and over again. What do people usually do to get all of these?
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:25 am

anime23 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:https://www.funko.com/blog/article/toy-fair-new-york-reveals-nickelodeon

I am dying here because I want all of these but blind bag thing makes me anxious. I can't just keep buying the same thing over and over again. What do people usually do to get all of these?

Layouts, scales, determination.

Mystlurker

Postby Mystlurker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Whats with all these 1/6 on all the newer sets. No one but Funko's pocket book wants that. Its such a short term strategy on getting people to buy these. It will work until people get tired of it then it will kill mini's.

Funko, hear us, for the love of collecting please do kinder ratios and stop with the incredible amount of dupes.
464 Pops (4in) | 30 Dorbz | 208 Mystery Minis | 64 Pint Size Heros | 22 Pops (6in) | 7 Pop Deluxe | 14 Pop (2/3-packs) | ~30 other misc items

First: Soldier 76
Favorite: Headless Ned Stark
Freddies: Green Chrome, Lime Green Chrome, Purple Chrome, Black Chrome, Night King, Fallout Boy, Kylo Ren, Gold Robot
ISO: Metallic Thing; Metallic Genie; Metallic (SDCC) Captain America

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:54 am

I'm so tempted by these! My wallet is weeping!!

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:What the hell? A 1/56!? lol :|

which unless they shift the ratios around is going to make the store exclusives 1/12, 1/24 and 1/56. just going to be a nightmare.

I'm thinking it has to be an error. Meant to be a 1/36, 1/56 doesn't make much sense lol Either way, not fun. But, less difficult than the Warner Bros minis. So there's that?

With the ratios lately, 1/56 is feasible. Remember....Spider-Man (and possibly Star Wars) had 1/8 figures. 7 X 8 =56. Im not great at math but one out of every 5 cases has the 1/56? Correct my math because I know I’m wrong.
Last edited by Barryyyyy on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:50 am

Will the Reptar be GITD? :-k
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

NastySplatter

Postby NastySplatter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 am

Barryyyyy wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I'm thinking it has to be an error. Meant to be a 1/36, 1/56 doesn't make much sense lol Either way, not fun. But, less difficult than the Warner Bros minis. So there's that?

With the ratios lately, 1/56 is feasible. Remember....Spider-Man (and possibly Star Wars) had 1/8 figures. 7 X 8 =56. Im not great at math but one out of every 5 cases has the 1/56? Correct my math because I know I’m wrong.

It doesn't work out right based on the ratios if the other minis, it has to be 1/36

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:04 am

Multiple 1/6 ratios will ultimately lead to loss revenue for Mystery Minis. When these were first revealed with the Toy Fair announcements I saw a lot of people in various groups I'm in, who usually don't collect minis go nuts for these. Well since the ratio on the regular/common case has been revealed I've seen most of those same people now say they'll pass or just pick up the ones they really want on eBay.

Seems to be a recurring theme lately the designers do such a great job with the sculpts which should lead to increased sales from those who don't usually get into minis, only for the ratios to be so screwed up that those same people who aren't into minis to just pass them by completely.
Last edited by Velmeran on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:17 am

Wowzers those ratios are pretty bad... good luck to you brave souls.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 am

The ratios are pretty interesting. I'll unfortunately be after all of these. Hopefully I can knock it out pretty fast lol
Gene

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Velmeran wrote:Multiple 1/6 ratios will ultimately lead to loss revenue for Mystery Minis. When these were first revealed with the Toy Fair announcements I saw a lot of people in various groups I'm in, who usually don't collect minis go nuts for these. Well since the ratio on the regular/common case has been revealed I've seen most of those same people now say they'll pass or just pick up the ones they really want on eBay.

Seems to be a recurring theme lately the designers do such a great job with the sculpts which should lead to increased sales from those who don't usually get into minis, only for the ratios to be so screwed up that those same people who aren't into minis to just pass them buy completely.

I have to agree; it kills my enthusiasm for a line when I see a bunch of 1/6.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:23 pm

I'll buy cheap dupes :D.

Most of my wants so far are commons. Yay.

uhh

Postby uhh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Geescube wrote:I'll buy cheap dupes :D.

Most of my wants so far are commons. Yay.

Just wait a couple weeks and I'm sure people will be giving the 1/6's away lol

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:34 pm

These look really great. I am partial to Rugrats.

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:15 am

FredKruger wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Layouts, scales, determination.

Layouts? What do you mean by that? Are they in a box or are you able to feel the package? I have never bought mystery minis or even seen them in the stores before.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:37 am

anime23 wrote:
Layouts? What do you mean by that? Are they in a box or are you able to feel the package? I have never bought mystery minis or even seen them in the stores before.

some sets have the same figures in the same positions in the box, so if you find Ren & Stimpy at one store if you find another untouched case Ren & Stimpy would be in the same positions in the new box as well.

Velmeran

Postby Velmeran » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 am

Mr Yac wrote:
anime23 wrote:

some sets have the same figures in the same positions in the box, so if you find Ren & Stimpy at one store if you find another untouched case Ren & Stimpy would be in the same positions in the new box as well.

And then to expand on that while layouts are great and a huge help even if a case looks fresh/untouched it's always possible that the employees took the minis out and put them back in a random order. Around me, that doesn't happen to often as it's extra time/work for the associates. Though there are several times where they take all of the minis out of the box and put them on a different shelf.

So that's where scales come in, get yourself a scale capable of measuring in .01g increments or finer (Amazon about $10 pays for itself in the first series you buy) where you weigh the boxes. Eventually the community gets enough data to say FigureA weights in at XX.z while FigureB weights in at YY.x (on average, there is always a little variant between each mini, their box, bag, air, etc.) but it at least helps. Reason you want one that goes down to .01g increments is in a series there may be 3-5 figures that are all within 1gram of each other. It's not sure proof but combined with knowing layouts it helps a lot in trying to avoid doubles.

Funko-N-Fitness

Postby Funko-N-Fitness » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am

I really like the MMs, but these ratios are ridiculous! I've gotten so many dupes out of brand new cases of MMs. But, I'll still probably end up buying a case of these...

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Angry Beavers are 1/72? Ugh....might start out as a great quest but I can see it turn into a nightmare real quick!

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

The Angry Beavers was one of my least fave Nick toons so I’m glad those two are the rare pulls! Really excited to try to collect these!
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:56 am

I'd watch Nick cartoons whenever I had my nephew with me, so I know all these characters. Looking forward to my quest!

Return to “Blind Bags”