Harry Potter S3 MM

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Harry Potter S3 MM

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
bcfunko wrote:So I was at my local Target and they said they were going to hold a Harry Potter event on the Saturday of SDCC (which sucks cause I’ll be at the con). They were going to release a lot of HP items then (I was asking about the new HP LEGO sets but they could mean HP Funko products too) and have giveaways and stuff. Of course, this could not be the same for every Target, but maybe those who are still looking for Target exclusive minis, your target may be holding it for this event? *shrug*

I did hear of some other people reporting their Targets are doing the same and were holding the Funko items for the same event. Not sure if that is protocol or not but it’s definitely good to know

Good to know and so very VERY frustrating!! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:
dexiesmom wrote: :drunken: :drunken: I would love that!

I don't actually think we'll get a mini of it before we got a pop. But I'm okay with either, I just want it!

That's true. I also hope they make Dobby in his crazy outfits (at least one!) from the books. With all his clothes on. lol lol

Ohhh, agreed! That's a need!

Of course, I also want Winky and Kreacher!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 am

nightschwing wrote:
DarthTiberius wrote:Funko released a statement that Crabbe and Goyle are in fact both 1/72. The ratios add up correctly when this change is made. I also know based upon individuals who have opened master cases and individuals that this is true.

Yikes. They need new proofreaders/verifiers.

But that makes me feel good, I guess. I grabbed a few boxes from the top of a fresh case at Books-A-Million the other day, and I wound up with Draco, Mad-Eye and Crabbe. I will always appreciate a 1/72 pull on my first encounter with a particular series.

LOL - I will HAPPILY offer myself up as a proofreader/math person to make sure the ratios are correct!!

I'll just be over here, waiting for the job offer! :-"
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

Katers wrote:
nightschwing wrote:
DarthTiberius wrote:Funko released a statement that Crabbe and Goyle are in fact both 1/72. The ratios add up correctly when this change is made. I also know based upon individuals who have opened master cases and individuals that this is true.

But that makes me feel good, I guess. I grabbed a few boxes from the top of a fresh case at Books-A-Million the other day, and I wound up with Draco, Mad-Eye and Crabbe. I will always appreciate a 1/72 pull on my first encounter with a particular series.

LOL - I will HAPPILY offer myself up as a proofreader/math person to make sure the ratios are correct!!

I still think it is crazy a Publically traded company decided "Too Late now ship them out" I guess to expensive to reprint.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:
nightschwing wrote:

I still think it is crazy a Publically traded company decided "Too Late now ship them out" I guess to expensive to reprint.

I just can't believe that numbers got messed up. I could see a misspelling - Crabb instead of Crabbe, or something. But c'mon, numbers are numbers!
Image ImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

I am thinking B&N will get there stock and release on July 31st. Harry and JK birthday.

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 am

hailmary25 wrote:I am thinking B&N will get there stock and release on July 31st. Harry and JK birthday.

I can't wait. I am patiently waiting for those Barnes ones!! I sure hope that its after SDCC!

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 pm

PigNosePony wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I am thinking B&N will get there stock and release on July 31st. Harry and JK birthday.

I can't wait. I am patiently waiting for those Barnes ones!! I sure hope that its after SDCC!

Same, I don't want to try to reserve boxes back home while at SDCC lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm

kihou wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

I think that they are on hold for a 2-3 days. Technically you could reserve them!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 pm

I hate to be self serving but I would love that, its a Tuesday and ill be off so I can run around.
- tauntaunking on instagram

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 pm

opopssum wrote:

I hate to be self serving but I would love that, its a Tuesday and ill be off so I can run around.

Busiest day of the week for me at work

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I just can't believe that numbers got messed up. I could see a misspelling - Crabb instead of Crabbe, or something. But c'mon, numbers are numbers!

Yeah, I think it's crazy when they have the ratios misprinted. I would assume several people have to verify the design and everything.

KnightsOfRey

Postby KnightsOfRey » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yeah, I think it's crazy when they have the ratios misprinted. I would assume several people have to verify the design and everything.

It happens so very frequently. I feel crazy for thinking it, but how could it be an accident at this point? Off the top of my head Star Wars, Solo, Fury Road, Infinity War, Nickelodeon, probably like a dozen others I can't think of right now. Probably half their releases have actual ratios different than what is printed on the boxes, and often the ratios on the boxes are mathematically impossible.

I can't see how it would benefit them to print the wrong ratios, but what other explanation is there? Even somebody who was dumb and didn't care would get it right more frequently than this.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:12 pm

KnightsOfRey wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:

It happens so very frequently. I feel crazy for thinking it, but how could it be an accident at this point? Off the top of my head Star Wars, Solo, Fury Road, Infinity War, Nickelodeon, probably like a dozen others I can't think of right now. Probably half their releases have actual ratios different than what is printed on the boxes, and often the ratios on the boxes are mathematically impossible.

I can't see how it would benefit them to print the wrong ratios, but what other explanation is there? Even somebody who was dumb and didn't care would get it right more frequently than this.

Didn't know it was all those. I only knew of Troll hunters and this HP series

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:31 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
KnightsOfRey wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, I think it's crazy when they have the ratios misprinted. I would assume several people have to verify the design and everything.

Didn't know it was all those. I only knew of Troll hunters and this HP series

It has been quite a few lately. The only thing I can think of is poor communication between the team in charge of designing the boxes and ordering the stock.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:57 pm

I just hope tomorrow is not the day cause I can't get away.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:02 pm

I found a fresh case at Game Stop and grabbed the sweet spot. Pulled Rita Skeeter, Mad Eye Moody, Mrs Norris and Goyle. I am up to 4 Goyle’s now. Crabbe keeps eluding me. I just keep laughing that I find the other 1/72 so often.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I found a fresh case at Game Stop and grabbed the sweet spot. Pulled Rita Skeeter, Mad Eye Moody, Mrs Norris and Goyle. I am up to 4 Goyle’s now. Crabbe keeps eluding me. I just keep laughing that I find the other 1/72 so often.

Do you remember which spot what which I can't handle anymore Mrs norris

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Update found a gamestop with fresh case. Either no normal layout or they messed with box. Grabbed first 4 and got mad eye Draco fluer and Cedric. Went back for other top 2 and got another set of fleur and Cedric

I quit after that

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I found a fresh case at Game Stop and grabbed the sweet spot. Pulled Rita Skeeter, Mad Eye Moody, Mrs Norris and Goyle. I am up to 4 Goyle’s now. Crabbe keeps eluding me. I just keep laughing that I find the other 1/72 so often.

With how offten people are pulling them I belive the funko rep had it wrong as well. People are pulling them in much hier quanities then any of the (non 1/12) store exlcusives. They feel more like one is 1/36 and one is 1/24.
I have pulled 3 crabbs and 2 or 3 goyles just from shopping at a few hot topics and few targets. At target I got a crabb all 3 times ](*,) ](*,)

I feel like the next time I open my game stop app im just going to get a pop up that says "no they arent in stock yet"

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 pm

opopssum wrote:

With how offten people are pulling them I belive the funko rep had it wrong as well. People are pulling them in much hier quanities then any of the (non 1/12) store exlcusives. They feel more like one is 1/36 and one is 1/24.
I have pulled 3 crabbs and 2 or 3 goyles just from shopping at a few hot topics and few targets. At target I got a crabb all 3 times ](*,) ](*,)

I feel like the next time I open my game stop app im just going to get a pop up that says "no they arent in stock yet"

One in my area showed a check on the app so thats where I went keep checking

yokofox33

Postby yokofox33 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Still need QWC Hermione, Mad Eye Moody, Umbridge, and the B&N Exclusives. Checking my Gamestops stock daily to see if I can sneak in and have a better chance at Mad Eye and Umbridge.
Main Collections: Star Wars (Pops, Minis, Dorbz), Harry Potter (Pops & Minis), DBZ, Sailor Moon, Stranger Things (Pops, Dorbz), various animation/TV sets

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Good luck to everyone on their search to finish their minis

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:50 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
opopssum wrote:

One in my area showed a check on the app so thats where I went keep checking

I check multiple times a day I am giving the game stop app a work out and then after this I won’t touch it again for another 6 months

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:40 am

I will take your word as gospel, since I need them not to release next week! Excellent plan, thank you for making this happen! =D>
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:42 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

So then maybe it's that trick your mind plays on you when you've seen something too often, and it just autofills for you! You see what you know is right, not what's actually in front of you!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:45 am

KnightsOfRey wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:

Maybe they're short staffed somehow? I can't see it benefiting them either, especially since they do confirm the correct ratios when questioned about it! If it was to their benefit, I can't see them admitting the error. #-o
Image ImageImage Image

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:52 am

Hoping Barnes and Noble holds off until after SDCC to drop these. It's gonna be a tough week as it is and hoping not to add extra by having these drop ](*,)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 am

tgltuz wrote:Hoping Barnes and Noble holds off until after SDCC to drop these. It's gonna be a tough week as it is and hoping not to add extra by having these drop ](*,)

You and me both

Ekkusu_X

Postby Ekkusu_X » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 am

So for a refresher course, what's the sweet spot for BnN cases?
I mean, I'm going for the easiest one to find based off of freehand weighing (Basilisk) but it'd be nice to just pull it on the first go instead of manhandling the entire case.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:59 am

Ekkusu_X wrote:So for a refresher course, what's the sweet spot for BnN cases?
I mean, I'm going for the easiest one to find based off of freehand weighing (Basilisk) but it'd be nice to just pull it on the first go instead of manhandling the entire case.

I isually grab top 4 at other places

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Katers wrote:
KnightsOfRey wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, I think it's crazy when they have the ratios misprinted. I would assume several people have to verify the design and everything.

Maybe they're short staffed somehow? I can't see it benefiting them either, especially since they do confirm the correct ratios when questioned about it! If it was to their benefit, I can't see them admitting the error. #-o

This is true, maybe they are just so used to the ratios being crazy, them being 1/12 seem off to them. Hopefully they start getting printed right soon because right now they throw everything off for trades/selling extras on eBay. :-/ :-/

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Stumbled across a new case today - pulled QWC Harry, QWC Ron, Mrs Norris and Goyle (#5). I have never had so much luck finding 1/72’s before. If only I could find. Crabbe instead. Now down to needing QWC Hermione, Crabbe and the B&N Exclusives. At least some stores are now showing out of stock so when they get a refresh I will know when to go and check them out.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am

PigNosePony wrote:
kihou wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:

I think that they are on hold for a 2-3 days. Technically you could reserve them!

I did that two years ago when series 1 dropped with the rest of the SDCC stuff. I reserved it, my reservation fell through since we were still away, but then I had my husband reserve it under his name so that it would extend until we got back lol
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 am

kihou wrote:
PigNosePony wrote:
kihou wrote:Same, I don't want to try to reserve boxes back home while at SDCC lol

I did that two years ago when series 1 dropped with the rest of the SDCC stuff. I reserved it, my reservation fell through since we were still away, but then I had my husband reserve it under his name so that it would extend until we got back lol

I think thats great. I would have done the same thing.

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm

My local BAM got a case in yesterday & I was lucky enough to be the first one to it! Pulled Umbridge (57.8 g), Moody (61.2 g), & Filch. I didn't weigh Filch, but if anyone needs a weight, let me know.

I've pretty much given up hope on QWC Hermione & Ron. I got to 2 of 3 local cases & both were Filch/Draco/QWC Harry :/ Does Target usually restock? I got into Series 2 toward the end of their run & never found them at Target stores near me.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm

gobiesox wrote:My local BAM got a case in yesterday & I was lucky enough to be the first one to it! Pulled Umbridge (57.8 g), Moody (61.2 g), & Filch. I didn't weigh Filch, but if anyone needs a weight, let me know.

I've pretty much given up hope on QWC Hermione & Ron. I got to 2 of 3 local cases & both were Filch/Draco/QWC Harry :/ Does Target usually restock? I got into Series 2 toward the end of their run & never found them at Target stores near me.

It's really hard to say if Target will restock. They did for Rick and Morty series 1, but haven't so far for series 2. They didn't for Avengers Infinity Wars. So far they haven't for Deadpool, or Solo.

So unfortunately, it's leaning towards them NOT restocking but they could always pleasantly surprise us :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

gobiesox

Postby gobiesox » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm

kihou wrote:
gobiesox wrote:My local BAM got a case in yesterday & I was lucky enough to be the first one to it! Pulled Umbridge (57.8 g), Moody (61.2 g), & Filch. I didn't weigh Filch, but if anyone needs a weight, let me know.

It's really hard to say if Target will restock. They did for Rick and Morty series 1, but haven't so far for series 2. They didn't for Avengers Infinity Wars. So far they haven't for Deadpool, or Solo.

So unfortunately, it's leaning towards them NOT restocking but they could always pleasantly surprise us :)

Hm.. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:48 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Game stop app has them up so you can start tracking common cases

What...what?! There’s a Gamestop app?
It’s me Lynda

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Katers wrote:
KnightsOfRey wrote:

This is true, maybe they are just so used to the ratios being crazy, them being 1/12 seem off to them. Hopefully they start getting printed right soon because right now they throw everything off for trades/selling extras on eBay. :-/ :-/

Agreed so much! Trying to trade a mini that is, in fact, a 1/72 for like value, when someone is still convinced that it's a 1/6 is just vexing. ](*,)

Luckily it's such a non-issue here - never had a problem trading with another Funatic! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Blind Bags”