Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Ratattack

Re: Paka Paka Gachapon by Funko

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 am

FunkOCD wrote:Here's my haul:

One of my favorites is T.P.
I'm surprised the TP didn't break in shipment. It looks so fragile. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:51 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'm super excited and want them now! And they haven't even shipped yet....! ](*,)

Thanks! Crossing my fingers that they're adorable and not duplicates of each other!

If your order hasn't shipped yet, then I can only imagine will take even longer. I recently order some Toilet Ninjas from Funko Shop last Sunday. ](*,)

It appears Gamestop is ON IT! Order has shipped and will hopefully be here by Friday! Munchies rabbit hole, here I come!

Good luck on your pulls!
I recently got my second GS order. I'll be sharing them tomorrow after I take some decent shots! :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'd say this was your fault, but really, it's the fault of the broken Cookie Cat. If he'd stayed intact, I might have avoided this rabbit hole. But now I'm diving right in! \:D/

May I add, this might be a bottomless whole you dove into lol
But, I'm also here with you lol

This is already better than the last true hole I went down in the mystery mini/blind bag route - Avengers Endgame was absolute insanity (2 hour drives to the North, South and West on consecutive weekends to hit up every Walmart and Target I could find!). This, I can only order online and I won't go crazy over since I can't shake them or pick out my own. Worst case, I figure I buy 1-2 when I can go up to Hollywood again. Which I will be more than happy to do once Hollywood is open again!

OH Wow! You were definitely committed to the mystery minis. I never ventured on that line.

Same here! I can't wait for FH to open its doors again. I'll be there on the first day that it does. It will be like Grand Opening 2.0 \:D/
Hope to see y'all there :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:56 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Gamestop has a lot to answer for, don't they? I didn't even get free shipping as my excuse! Plus these darn things are just so cute!

They really are! But my favorite part is the story telling you can create when snapping some photos! \:D/
Also, they add just the right amount of flare to any photographs, specially food and/or Funko related. :bounce:

LOL, so true! When I was using my borrowed cookie cat for a photo shoot, I was sending my friends the photos I took for opinions. Who knew that raw cookie dough could look like fried chicken? lol Not quite the story I was going for! We had a lot of fun laughing over that one!

lol Share the photo! :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:58 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ok, no lie...the dragons are awesome, and tempting me to go for the other lines, too! NO! Don't do this to me! ](*,)

lol it's too late. You've already thought about it. Now sooner or later, you will hunt them down lol
I'm on the same boat as you though. So if you get any dragon doubles, please don't hesitate to let me know. I would like to trade you! \:D/

Absolutely will let you (all of you!) know what I get when I get them! If I expand, I may wait for the cloud kats, and those Boo Hollow figures are definitely already calling to me! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Seriously....this is everyone's fault in here! I blame you ALL! lol

LMAO You're welcome :D

I am looking forward to Cloud Cats. I'll definitely make several orders for those. GS here I come. ](*,)

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:12 am

The deal of the day for GameStop is buy one paka paka get one half off. I bought 10 from four different lines and the total was $41 shipped. Just a heads up :)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:59 am

GameStop Deal of the Day - BOGO 50% Off All in stock Paka Paka
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
If your order hasn't shipped yet, then I can only imagine will take even longer. I recently order some Toilet Ninjas from Funko Shop last Sunday. ](*,)

It appears Gamestop is ON IT! Order has shipped and will hopefully be here by Friday! Munchies rabbit hole, here I come!

Good luck on your pulls!
I recently got my second GS order. I'll be sharing them tomorrow after I take some decent shots! :bounce:

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your glamour shots!

And now Gamestop is laughing at me, since the Paka Paka are now the B1G1 half off! I already did one order today...now I'm contemplating another! YEESH! Just diving right off this cliff here!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
May I add, this might be a bottomless whole you dove into lol
But, I'm also here with you lol

This is already better than the last true hole I went down in the mystery mini/blind bag route - Avengers Endgame was absolute insanity (2 hour drives to the North, South and West on consecutive weekends to hit up every Walmart and Target I could find!). This, I can only order online and I won't go crazy over since I can't shake them or pick out my own. Worst case, I figure I buy 1-2 when I can go up to Hollywood again. Which I will be more than happy to do once Hollywood is open again!

OH Wow! You were definitely committed to the mystery minis. I never ventured on that line.

Same here! I can't wait for FH to open its doors again. I'll be there on the first day that it does. It will be like Grand Opening 2.0 \:D/

Yeah, I went a little crazy on that one. I don't do a LOT of mini lines, but when I do I really want to complete the line. You're better off having not done it!

Goodness yes, this is the longest I've gone not running up to FH since it opened! I can't wait to gather together with the Funatic family again soon!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
They really are! But my favorite part is the story telling you can create when snapping some photos! \:D/
Also, they add just the right amount of flare to any photographs, specially food and/or Funko related. :bounce:

LOL, so true! When I was using my borrowed cookie cat for a photo shoot, I was sending my friends the photos I took for opinions. Who knew that raw cookie dough could look like fried chicken? lol Not quite the story I was going for! We had a lot of fun laughing over that one!

Done! It was fun staging, even if it didn't come out just right. And the finished cookies were fantastic!

Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 01, 2020 1:22 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
lol it's too late. You've already thought about it. Now sooner or later, you will hunt them down lol
I'm on the same boat as you though. So if you get any dragon doubles, please don't hesitate to let me know. I would like to trade you! \:D/

Absolutely will let you (all of you!) know what I get when I get them! If I expand, I may wait for the cloud kats, and those Boo Hollow figures are definitely already calling to me! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I am looking forward to Cloud Cats. I'll definitely make several orders for those. GS here I come. ](*,)

Bah! I was going to do a 2nd order today of Munchies, and they're gone off the deal of the day. Guess it's not meant to be! At least...not today!

The more I think about them, the more I think Boo Hollow is going to be my fall 2020 obsession. Or Cloud Cats. Possibly both!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 01, 2020 1:34 am

RobinBear177 wrote:The deal of the day for GameStop is buy one paka paka get one half off. I bought 10 from four different lines and the total was $41 shipped. Just a heads up :)

That's an amazing score - gotta love Deal of the Day!
Image ImageImage Image

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:09 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Good luck on your pulls!

And now Gamestop is laughing at me, since the Paka Paka are now the B1G1 half off! I already did one order today...now I'm contemplating another! YEESH! Just diving right off this cliff here!

LMAO As soon as I saw someone here share the new B1G1 promotion on GS, I rushed and made two orders lol
I'll be posting my latest GS Paka Paka haul here soon. \:D/

Also, I noticed GS has slowly started to increase the discounted % on Paka Paka. When the Ninjas first dropped, there was a 10% promotion. The following week after the 10% promotion ended, a new 20% promotion went live. Now after that 20% discount ended, we get the B1G1 promotion, which is essentially 25% off. Luckily, the free shipping promotion seems to always be active, which is really what makes ordering from GS worth it #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:12 am

Battastic wrote:GameStop Deal of the Day - BOGO 50% Off All in stock Paka Paka
https://www.gamestop.com/deals/deal-of-the-day

Hey! Thanks for sharing! :freddy4:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:14 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, I went a little crazy on that one. I don't do a LOT of mini lines, but when I do I really want to complete the line. You're better off having not done it!

Goodness yes, this is the longest I've gone not running up to FH since it opened! I can't wait to gather together with the Funatic family again soon!

The situation is still very tricky; however, I'm anticipating for stores to begin opening after May. We'll have to wait and see.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:16 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Done! It was fun staging, even if it didn't come out just right. And the finished cookies were fantastic!

Yum! These truly look like fried chicken lol Now your previous post makes so much sense! I'm also getting Popcorn Chicken vibes though :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:18 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Bah! I was going to do a 2nd order today of Munchies, and they're gone off the deal of the day. Guess it's not meant to be! At least...not today!

The more I think about them, the more I think Boo Hollow is going to be my fall 2020 obsession. Or Cloud Cats. Possibly both!

Wait really? The Munchies are OOS? If so, I'm glad I made my order earlier today, as soon as I noticed the new promotion.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:19 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I been looking at the glams for the Boo Hollow line and I'm so hooked! I just want them all. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Y'all have truly created a Paka Paka monster here lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 am

Here is my second GS Paka Paka order!
The Paka Paka fairies blessed me with no doubles! :alien:

I posted a different photo of my TN haul under the "Toilet Ninjas" thread \:D/

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri May 01, 2020 2:40 am

Ratattack wrote:

I was futzing with it and then section of TP at his hand is barely secured in place!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 am

Katers wrote:
RobinBear177 wrote:The deal of the day for GameStop is buy one paka paka get one half off. I bought 10 from four different lines and the total was $41 shipped. Just a heads up :)

Got my 3 but you already knew that LOL
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri May 01, 2020 2:44 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Wait really? The Munchies are OOS? If so, I'm glad I made my order earlier today, as soon as I noticed the new promotion.

Just the deal not actual inventory stock! :P
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 4:19 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I was futzing with it and then section of TP at his hand is barely secured in place!

Oh, didn't see that coming! I thought the whole TP ribbon was one piece! #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri May 01, 2020 4:23 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Just the deal not actual inventory stock! :P

Oh! Dang, that deal went quick. Glad I ordered earlier. :alien:

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 12:32 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Good luck on your pulls!

LMAO As soon as I saw someone here share the new B1G1 promotion on GS, I rushed and made two orders lol

Also, I noticed GS has slowly started to increase the discounted % on Paka Paka. When the Ninjas first dropped, there was a 10% promotion. The following week after the 10% promotion ended, a new 20% promotion went live. Now after that 20% discount ended, we get the B1G1 promotion, which is essentially 25% off. Luckily, the free shipping promotion seems to always be active, which is really what makes ordering from GS worth it #-o

Well, at least we're in good company with this obsession, right? Hoping GS does some more sales on Paka Paka this month, so I can talk myself into ordering more!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 12:44 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

The situation is still very tricky; however, I'm anticipating for stores to begin opening after May. We'll have to wait and see.

Agreed. I'm perfectly content to stay safe at home for the time being, and hope for the sake of their staff and fans that they have a great reopening when it's safe to do so!

And then I will be buying a lot of coins to play the Paka Paka machines! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 1:13 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yum! These truly look like fried chicken lol Now your previous post makes so much sense! I'm also getting Popcorn Chicken vibes though :bounce:

Appropriate to have all this delicious food discussions while discussing our Munchies! (I want chicken now...!). I've been making all sorts of munchies jokes to myself for a few days now!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 1:21 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

All paka pakas had gone OOS, apparently, none of them showed up when I went in late yesterday. Lesson learned about delaying too long! At least it wasn't an exclusive that I missed out on this time!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat May 02, 2020 1:49 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, at least we're in good company with this obsession, right? Hoping GS does some more sales on Paka Paka this month, so I can talk myself into ordering more!

Just got shipping confirmation on my order of 3 and goodies for my switch!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 2:02 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I been looking at the glams for the Boo Hollow line and I'm so hooked! I just want them all. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Y'all have truly created a Paka Paka monster here lol

I feel ya! Good news is, we have build in trading partners in here! Very helpful with these blind pulls!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 2:03 am

Ratattack wrote:Here is my second GS Paka Paka order!

Spoiler: show

And you got a dragon? Congrats, that's fabulous! They look great, love the display!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 2:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Got my 3 but you already knew that LOL

Yep! Can't wait to see what you score this round!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 2:06 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Just got shipping confirmation on my order of 3 and goodies for my switch!

Wohoo! We should be getting our paka packages pretty close together then - next week is already looking good!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 02, 2020 2:09 am

Okay, I need to be stopped! I ordered another 3 munchies today when I did my Funko shop order! Think I'll stop ordering these until I actually get some in and see what I've got. I will laugh so much if I'm actually done and don't know it yet! lol
Image ImageImage Image

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:10 am

My GameStop orders should be here Wednesday :)

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat May 02, 2020 10:52 am

Ratattack wrote:Here is my second GS Paka Paka order!

Congrats, no doubles is Gold :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat May 02, 2020 10:53 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Great photo and I like the staging :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh If you continue to order, keep me in your thoughts for any doubles you might have ;-) maybe we can trade \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun May 03, 2020 12:47 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Agreed. I'm perfectly content to stay safe at home for the time being, and hope for the sake of their staff and fans that they have a great reopening when it's safe to do so!

And then I will be buying a lot of coins to play the Paka Paka machines! lol

I miss turning the knob. I think what made it more special was visiting FH.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun May 03, 2020 12:48 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Appropriate to have all this delicious food discussions while discussing our Munchies! (I want chicken now...!). I've been making all sorts of munchies jokes to myself for a few days now!

After seeing your photo, I'm glad I ordered a couple of Munchies in one of my GS orders \:D/

Return to “Blind Bags”