game of thrones mistery minis?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
jandkstuff

Re: game of thrones mistery minis?

Postby jandkstuff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Other than the scarred Tyrion, I'm not sure I really see a difference between the HT exclusives and the regulars.
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Dany's dragon is the green, not the black & red and Jon has some snow on his head.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Loving the minis !!!
Dorian Arloe

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Cristina wrote:Dany's dragon is the green, not the black & red and Jon has some snow on his head.

Weird. Someone has a Daenarys posted on Ebay with the green dragon but the picture on the box is the black dragon. That is probably why I was confused. :-)

TheVinylDead

Postby TheVinylDead » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:05 pm

There are 2 different Daenarys with Dragon, the one with Rhaegal is HT exclusive.
I'm Gerald, nice to meet me.

YellowKing

Postby YellowKing » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:35 pm

Do these bobble like the marvel ones?

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:12 pm

YellowKing wrote:Do these bobble like the marvel ones?

No bobbleheads, just regular normal minis.
My Name is Ernie

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

These look sweet! I hope I luck out with my case and get all 3 dragons (although I'd be very happy with Drogo or Jamie). I'm planning on selling one of the sets of common figures on eBay, unless some Funatic wants em!

kittenparty

Postby kittenparty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 am

Picked four and got two of the HT Tyrions, Arya, and Ned. Pretty happy with those, but hope I can trade one of the Tyrions at some point.

Really happy at the quality of these. Arya is just too cute - I love her stance.
Hello, I'm Megan =^^=
http://www.flickr.com/thekittenparty/
Instagram: thekittenparty

SuperDanOfSteel

Postby SuperDanOfSteel » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 am

I went to HT today, didn't see any GoT mm's. Hopefully next time I go they will be in stock.
I'm Dan

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:41 am

I got my shipping confirmation this morning from Fugitive Toys. My case has been shipped! I will try to make note of where the "rarer" figures are located inside the box too, and share what I get! Can't wait! ...this is my first minis purchase.
Image Image Image

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:18 am

pulled a 1/144 Drogon today from Hot Topic!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:46 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:pulled a 1/144 Drogon today from Hot Topic!

Wow! Congrats! That's my Holy Grail of this set! =D>

YellowKing

Postby YellowKing » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 am

TadGhostal wrote:

well i wont know until weds what chase i got but i would gladly trade the glowing white walker or drogon for Khal drogo or Jamie

heres hoping for a series 2 Bran and Hodor chase

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 am

Got six this afternoon from Hot Topic. My excitement was dimmed just a bit as I cracked them open though:

I opened Ghost, and then another Ghost. Then I got Grey Wind, followed by another Grey Wind. Then I opened Arya, and lastly....Arya...in that order.

Boo-urns.

On the plus side, the figures are just as neat as we've come to expect from Funko on their Mystery Minis. On the negative (aside from what I pulled), HT jacked the figures up another buck. The damned things are now only 45 cents cheaper than a full-sized Pop vinyl at Barnes & Noble. That's for Game of Thrones anyway, but I'll bet Walking Dead 2 and Marvel are going to wind up being the same price.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 am

YellowKing wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:

well i wont know until weds what chase i got but i would gladly trade the glowing white walker or drogon for Khal drogo or Jamie

And I'll let you know what I got sometime around March 31, which is when I suspect DCBS will deliver my case. (LOVE your screenname, BTW, and True Detective [cant wait for Sunday night!])

TheLastDude wrote:On the negative (aside from what I pulled), HT jacked the figures up another buck. The damned things are now only 45 cents cheaper than a full-sized Pop vinyl at Barnes & Noble.

and THAT'S why I preordered a case - at $5.25 a pop - I mean 'each' - I'd probably spend the same amount chasing them all at retail, and now I will have a set to sell on ebay (ASSUMING that each case is broken down in the ratios as advertised - we'll see!)

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:17 pm

TadGhostal wrote:and THAT'S why I preordered a case - at $5.25 a pop - I mean 'each' - I'd probably spend the same amount chasing them all at retail, and now I will have a set to sell on ebay (ASSUMING that each case is broken down in the ratios as advertised - we'll see!)

Fair point. I probably should have done that.

Got five more today and wound up with a better haul. Got the HT Tyrion, the HT Jon Snow, two White Walkers, and Rhaegal.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

YellowKing

Postby YellowKing » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:12 pm

My case came today and i got the glow in the dark white walker, sucks because i wanted jamie or drogo but sucks more because he came in two pieces, snapped where the torso should meet his belt. What type of glue or adhesive should i use to try and reattach

starkinthestreets

Postby starkinthestreets » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:43 pm

YellowKing wrote:My case came today and i got the glow in the dark white walker, sucks because i wanted jamie or drogo but sucks more because he came in two pieces, snapped where the torso should meet his belt. What type of glue or adhesive should i use to try and reattach

Might be worth reaching out to Funko and seeing if they can replace him for you?
xo
aimee

--------------------

silver22

Postby silver22 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Is it better to purchase a case of the mystery minis as opposed to individually? I'm relatively new to all of this, and I'm just afraid if I get a case there will be more of one figure than all the others. I know that can happen, but I didn't know if there have been instances where there's 4 or 5 of the same figure in the same case. For anyone that's purchased a case, what has been the breakdown? Also what's the best site/place to purchase this?

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:53 pm

silver22 wrote:Is it better to purchase a case of the mystery minis as opposed to individually? I'm relatively new to all of this, and I'm just afraid if I get a case there will be more of one figure than all the others. I know that can happen, but I didn't know if there have been instances where there's 4 or 5 of the same figure in the same case. For anyone that's purchased a case, what has been the breakdown? Also what's the best site/place to purchase this?

I posted a case breakdown in this thread that you can check out

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47369

Every case will be the same, except for the chase figure (either the glow White Walker, Jaime, Khal Drogo or Drogon). You won't get more than two of the same figure, but you will get two of all the "common" pieces.

Both Gemini Collectibles and Fugitive Toys are good places to buy them from.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:01 am

Set some more aside at work: now I just need Tyrion, Robb, Jaime, Dany and Drogon. :)
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

King_in_the_North

Postby King_in_the_North » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 am

I definitely need to get some of these!
Hey I'm Joe! Pop! Count=10 First Pop!=Ned Stark

singapop

Postby singapop » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:06 am

Kind of sucks that the stores I go to to buy Funko stuff will only have two cases (one in each store) and hopefully, I'll find a Chase piece (a Jaime one) or get a rare one to trade for a Jaime..
:(
Hi! I'm Patrick
Pop count:
Game of Thrones: 19
Walking Dead: 18
Misc: 5

starkinthestreets

Postby starkinthestreets » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:38 pm

I bought a few more MM's yesterday and got the HT exclusive Daenerys. She's one of the only pieces I'm missing, so I was really excited!
xo
aimee

--------------------

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Is some one gonna start a trade thread?...I've seen a couple funatics mention starting one...don't want to step on anyone's toes by starting one!
Dorian Arloe

somuchwhat

Postby somuchwhat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:27 am

Got my case in the post today, Jaime and TWO glow white walkers. I didn't even think that could happen! Very happy.

starkinthestreets

Postby starkinthestreets » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 am

somuchwhat wrote:Got my case in the post today, Jaime and TWO glow white walkers. I didn't even think that could happen! Very happy.

Congrats! That's awesome. I have Jaime too and he's my favorite out of all the MM's. Even if he wasn't so rare, I'd love him just as much.
xo
aimee

--------------------

sasari

Postby sasari » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 pm

My box finally made it across the pond and I had terrible luck, my chase was the only one I didn't really want...

My order to hopefully help

Viserion | Viserion | Rhaegal | Rhaegal
Shaggy Dog | Shaggy Dog | Ghost | Ghost
Jon Snow | Jon Snow | Daenerys Glow | White Walker
Bottom
Tyrion | Tyrion | Robb | Robb
White Walker | White Walker | Joffrey | Joffrey
Ned | Ned | Arya | Arya

YellowKing

Postby YellowKing » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:09 pm

So i contacted Funko about the broken gitd White Walker, and Anne said all they could do was send me another random blind box, which i expected but also didn't really help me at all. I asked if they had any advice on an adhesive or glue i could use to try and reconnect the two parts, Anne said that she had no advice on how to reattach the figure. But luckily user Arloe8 offered to trade a Khal Drogo for my White Walker which i jumped all over as you can imagine. Just wanted to thank the community for being pretty awesome

critus

Postby critus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm

I bought 2 from my local HT, I noticed that they didn't have plastic wrap around them. I thought ok maybe that is how Funko packaged GoT. When I opened them, I found that the inside bag had been opened and slit to see which character was inside! The bottom of the boxes were taped shut so the employees at this store must be opening them, seeing what is inside and placing it back on the shelf. I went back to look at their other minis (Marvel, TWD) and saw they did the same to all, and marked which one on the back of the box with sharpie is inside the box. At least I hadn't purchased any GoT yet so they were not dupes, but I won't be buying from there again.

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:48 pm

critus wrote:I bought 2 from my local HT, I noticed that they didn't have plastic wrap around them. I thought ok maybe that is how Funko packaged GoT. When I opened them, I found that the inside bag had been opened and slit to see which character was inside! The bottom of the boxes were taped shut so the employees at this store must be opening them, seeing what is inside and placing it back on the shelf. I went back to look at their other minis (Marvel, TWD) and saw they did the same to all, and marked which one on the back of the box with sharpie is inside the box. At least I hadn't purchased any GoT yet so they were not dupes, but I won't be buying from there again.

Wow! That is incredibly unscrupulous! I wonder if management knows about this. Luckily, none of my Hot Topics has ever done such a thing. It's too bad that you had this problem. It is difficult enough to find these minis but to have to remove one of your retailers off the list of places to purchase makes it even more complicated.

Oh, I just noticed you're in Peoria. I'd recommend some Hot Topics to visit but, unfortunately, they are all on the east side of town. :-( The Zia Records on 19th Ave and Camelback sometimes carries them though. :-) Good luck with your search!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm

critus wrote:I bought 2 from my local HT, I noticed that they didn't have plastic wrap around them. I thought ok maybe that is how Funko packaged GoT. When I opened them, I found that the inside bag had been opened and slit to see which character was inside! The bottom of the boxes were taped shut so the employees at this store must be opening them, seeing what is inside and placing it back on the shelf. I went back to look at their other minis (Marvel, TWD) and saw they did the same to all, and marked which one on the back of the box with sharpie is inside the box. At least I hadn't purchased any GoT yet so they were not dupes, but I won't be buying from there again.

A HT here in Georgia did this very same thing with the GoT minis...I recorded it and took pictures, I will be notifying Hot Topic...
Dorian Arloe

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 pm

That's awful. They must have seen how much Jaime is going for on eBay. I'd be interested to hear what corporate says when you send in your video.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Dinobuzz

Postby Dinobuzz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Arloe8 wrote:

A HT here in Georgia did this very same thing with the GoT minis...I recorded it and took pictures, I will be notifying Hot Topic...

Good for you! Keep us updated with HT's response!
Hi, I'm Alicia, your fellow Canadian Funatic!

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:34 pm

That's so shady. I've had my own problems trying to get exclusives at my local HT too. The guy who stocks the store is a Funko collector and a lot of the exclusives never hit the store shelves.
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:40 pm

h3wi3 wrote:That's so shady. I've had my own problems trying to get exclusives at my local HT too. The guy who stocks the store is a Funko collector and a lot of the exclusives never hit the store shelves.

This makes me think I should be grateful that the staff at one of my Hot Topics frequently has no clue what I'm talking about lol Definitely not collectors!
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

h3wi3

Postby h3wi3 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Cristina wrote:
h3wi3 wrote:That's so shady. I've had my own problems trying to get exclusives at my local HT too. The guy who stocks the store is a Funko collector and a lot of the exclusives never hit the store shelves.

This makes me think I should be grateful that the staff at one of my Hot Topics frequently has no clue what I'm talking about lol Definitely not collectors!

I would be happy if that was my case. My wife took pictures of Pops because she got tired of trying to describe them to employees at different stores. lol
Hbox

ISO: Grey Captian Mal reaction figure proto and GITD Oogie Boogie.

Collecting Funko since 2008 :freddy2:

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Arloe8 wrote:

So I received a phone call from the president of HT today :eek: I was really shocked that she called me back from her direct line. She was beyond apologetic and reassured me that she would personally handle the matter. She insisted it is not HT policy to open or sale open Blind Boxes for any reason. All are to be sold in their original factory sealed packages. She asked for further details that I was happy and able to provide. I am honestly just happy that she cared enough to contact me personally and not send an email response. All in all I accomplished my goal which is simply protecting US buyers and collectors of Funko. And she offered me a HT gift card for the trouble which I gladly accepted :D
Dorian Arloe

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Wow! That's impressive that the president called you herself. Makes me feel better about the frequent trips to Hot Topic.
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Return to “Blind Bags”