Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Katers

Re: Harry Potter Series 2 (Mystery Minis)

Postby Katers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:37 am

kihou wrote:
NyxCrawler wrote:So I've been out of the Mini game for a while. I hadn't bought any in about a year, then bought all the HP ones and that's it. Rumor is they don't do layouts anymore? It's all by weight? Is that true?

Recent ones have had mixed up layouts, so I would assume that will be the case with this as well. The Spiderman minis have had varying weights so that's getting difficult too, but so far with these style of minis it's been consistent (as much as it can be given the people characters are all a similar weight).

I'm really hoping we don't get 1/6 Hermiones again! And no 1/72 exclusives!

Yeesh - don't even think those #s and Hermione in the same thought, for fear of putting it out in the universe and causing it in to being!
Image ImageImage Image

Daisy05

Postby Daisy05 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm honestly freaking out over these, they're all amazing! I'm also happy to help anyone out with the exclusives, I've had good luck with B&N and HT with the previous series.
Wanted: HT Exclusive Mini Rhaegal

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:15 pm

they're look great! need them all to complete my collection!!! :freddy2:
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

BrienneTheBlue

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm

I hope not too many of the common set are 1/6 as if there's several Funko shop exclusives, that only leaves 10 in the base set unless there's more to announce.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:40 pm

BrienneTheBlue wrote:I hope not too many of the common set are 1/6 as if there's several Funko shop exclusives, that only leaves 10 in the base set unless there's more to announce.

I have seen a couple of mentions that the 4 are "Funko Exlusives". Is it confirmed that they are only available at the Funko store? I was seeing them like the previous set where they were the ones available at various retailers that get replaced by the retail exclusives. Entertainment Earth is advertising them as part of their sets.

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:44 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:Oh no I didn't even complete the first series

ooo! the heat is on for you Sergio! :P

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:38 pm

The theory is that the "Funko" exclusives are what they are referring to as the common case.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:37 pm

I will be going for the whole set, too.

Harry Potter (and soon Star Wars) are the only sets that I will try to be 100%.

I still need a couple of HP Series 1. I need to finish that up.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:02 pm

I was looking back at the pictures trying to decide which is my favorite and 9 tie for the #1 spot they really did good with this set
- tauntaunking on instagram

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:56 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:Oh no I didn't even complete the first series

ooo! the heat is on for you Sergio! :P

Haha ,yea I must complete the first series before the second comes out.
I'm only missing hot topic Hermione, which I doubt I'll get and regular fawkes
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

danggit_a

Postby danggit_a » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:08 am

i have the regular ones for the 1st series. am now contemplating on getting the exclusives of the 1st series and the complete 2nd series...

PixelPie

Postby PixelPie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:38 am

I really love the look of these. I've only every bought 2 mystery minis, any tips/suggestions on how to go about collecting this series? Do you buy a full set or just individual ones at stores? Is it still possible to collect the 1st series too? I'm a super newbie when it comes to the minis lol
:) Hi! I'm Pie
ISO:

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:21 am

If anyone is willing to answer, how much did you spend to collect series one?

I almost have the full HP pop collection and started the mystery minis but gave up after the third hermione...
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am

TenTwoSix wrote:If anyone is willing to answer, how much did you spend to collect series one?

I almost have the full HP pop collection and started the mystery minis but gave up after the third hermione...

I don't have an exact total, because keeping that would depress me! I would guess in the $200 range, only slowed because I bought a scale and started weighing then. The only bright point was selling off the majority of my extras, either to friends or eBay. Was able to get close to cost for them, and recoup probably half the cost? Ish!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

PixelPie wrote:I really love the look of these. I've only every bought 2 mystery minis, any tips/suggestions on how to go about collecting this series? Do you buy a full set or just individual ones at stores? Is it still possible to collect the 1st series too? I'm a super newbie when it comes to the minis lol

Typically when collecting, I will buy a whole case from somewhere if I can, get the weights of the ones in that case (and maybe layout, if it has one), and then use that to try to fill in the other missing ones. You can sometimes find more weights on other people's posts, but it can be hard since they may be off slightly. Past that it's a lot of weighing, hoping, and buying extras lol It can be especially hard for some of these sets where the figures are all roughly the same build/size/pose since the weights all end up being around the same.

As far as series 1, if you find them in stores they are probably picked over since they have been out for a year now. I've seen them lingering in Walmart and Target. Good luck!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 pm

Katers wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:If anyone is willing to answer, how much did you spend to collect series one?

I don't have an exact total, because keeping that would depress me! I would guess in the $200 range, only slowed because I bought a scale and started weighing then. The only bright point was selling off the majority of my extras, either to friends or eBay. Was able to get close to cost for them, and recoup probably half the cost? Ish!

I'm with you here. I don't even want to go back and total it up lol at least I was able to trade some of my dupes.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm

kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm with you here. I don't even want to go back and total it up lol at least I was able to trade some of my dupes.

LOL no way am I going to even think about how much I spent on the first series. EEK.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Lonikins wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

LOL no way am I going to even think about how much I spent on the first series. EEK.

Congrats on the spirit award!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
Congrats on the spirit award!

Thank ya, kindly! :D :D
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

NyxCrawler

Postby NyxCrawler » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:21 am

kihou wrote:Recent ones have had mixed up layouts, so I would assume that will be the case with this as well. The Spiderman minis have had varying weights so that's getting difficult too, but so far with these style of minis it's been consistent (as much as it can be given the people characters are all a similar weight).

I'm really hoping we don't get 1/6 Hermiones again! And no 1/72 exclusives!

Oh no.....so these are going to be a major PITA. I agree. No extremes. I don't need tons of Hermiones laying around my house or eying up ebay prices for a 1/72.

PixelPie

Postby PixelPie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:53 pm

kihou wrote:
PixelPie wrote:I really love the look of these. I've only every bought 2 mystery minis, any tips/suggestions on how to go about collecting this series? Do you buy a full set or just individual ones at stores? Is it still possible to collect the 1st series too? I'm a super newbie when it comes to the minis lol

Typically when collecting, I will buy a whole case from somewhere if I can, get the weights of the ones in that case (and maybe layout, if it has one), and then use that to try to fill in the other missing ones. You can sometimes find more weights on other people's posts, but it can be hard since they may be off slightly. Past that it's a lot of weighing, hoping, and buying extras lol It can be especially hard for some of these sets where the figures are all roughly the same build/size/pose since the weights all end up being around the same.

As far as series 1, if you find them in stores they are probably picked over since they have been out for a year now. I've seen them lingering in Walmart and Target. Good luck!

Thank you for the info!!
ISO:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 am

Lonikins wrote:
kihou wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, if we try to remember how much we spent on round 1, I'm not sure I'd have to drive to go after round 2! And yet...already keeping an eye out at HT for new stock!
Image ImageImage Image

Tradebark

Postby Tradebark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 am

Do any of the exclusive retailers ever sell full cases? :(

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 am

Tradebark wrote:Do any of the exclusive retailers ever sell full cases? :(

Usually not unless you're lucky and get there right as they are opening or stocking it :(
ISO Mystery Minis!

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 am

PixelPie wrote:
kihou wrote:

Thank you for the info!!

I would add that it can be helpful to go on Facebook groups that allow people to buy/sell/trade minis because you may be able to find some of the common ones and/or exclusives for sale. I am part of https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/ and this one is usually really nice and active.
ISO Mystery Minis!

PixelPie

Postby PixelPie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 pm

kihou wrote:
PixelPie wrote:
kihou wrote:Typically when collecting, I will buy a whole case from somewhere if I can, get the weights of the ones in that case (and maybe layout, if it has one), and then use that to try to fill in the other missing ones. You can sometimes find more weights on other people's posts, but it can be hard since they may be off slightly. Past that it's a lot of weighing, hoping, and buying extras lol It can be especially hard for some of these sets where the figures are all roughly the same build/size/pose since the weights all end up being around the same.

Thank you for the info!!

I would add that it can be helpful to go on Facebook groups that allow people to buy/sell/trade minis because you may be able to find some of the common ones and/or exclusives for sale. I am part of https://www.facebook.com/groups/FunkoMiniHunt/ and this one is usually really nice and active.

I just joined, thank you!
ISO:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 am

PixelPie wrote:
kihou wrote:
PixelPie wrote:
Thank you for the info!!

I just joined, thank you!

I sent in a request to join as well, thanks for the heads up!
Image ImageImage Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 pm

I wonder which characters will be 1/72 from this set, it would be cruel to have Fred be like 1/12 and have George be one of 1/72.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 am

A question for the more experienced mini fans, looking at the list of figures and with only 14 not 16 in Series 2, how does that throw out the ratios? Maybe no 1/6?

Would make sense to have 1/24 pairings of Dragon/Thestral and Pixie/Pigwidgeon, yes? Students as 1/12 seems logical and then teachers as 1/36? Not sure that would work in a layout without having nearly all the exclusives in there, but since I'm a mini-newbie, I'm not sure if there are restrictions on the number of exclusives per case as there were 2x 1/12 in the B&N Series 1, so maybe?

Xyrais

Postby Xyrais » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Looking forward to hunting these with y'all. Love the first series, #2 looks even better!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:19 am

opopssum wrote:I wonder which characters will be 1/72 from this set, it would be cruel to have Fred be like 1/12 and have George be one of 1/72.

That's a truly horrible thought - if ever there was a mini that had to have his companion, it would be the twins! I feel like, for all to be right in the universe, these two need to come in a special 2-pack box within the set. At least, in a perfect world...!
Image ImageImage Image

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I had no idea these were coming. Just when I thought my wallet was going to get a break, too, haha! XD
Hi! My name is Amber | Twitter: @AmberRaden
Collecting since 2013 | FunKlub member #1998 since October 2016
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Quidditch, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 pm

HT nerdett just did an unboxing George is 1/24 Fred is 1/36 (she wasn't able to tell them apart so maybe flip flop those two) it looked like buckbeak is 1/72 :smt093 and it looks like sirius is 1/24 as well.

Buckbeak hurts a bit, he is a must have. They all are must haves, the whole set is a must have but buck is just so cute.

She said they should be arriving in September.

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:34 am

From the look of a blurry screenshot, it looks like:

Harry 1/6
Horntail 1/12
Hermione 1/12
Cornish pixie 1/72
Ron 1/6
Pigwidgeon 1/24
Snape 1/6
Remus 1/36?
Luna 1/24
Therstral 1/12
Sirius 1/24
Fred 1/36 (?)
George 1/24
Buckbeak 1/72

3x 1/6?!? I'm not an experienced mini fan but just on ratios, that's messed up!

Dbratteli

Postby Dbratteli » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Oh it was bad enough when it was 1 set of 1/6. but these look amazing so it looks like I will be taking the plunge
:freddy3:

HellKat613

Postby HellKat613 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:38 am

Those ratios ugh. I don't think its worth ordering cases on this set, which sucks since it's the only way Ilol get a chance at exclusives besides ebay. Just thinking ebay may be the cheapest way to complete the set is cringe worthy.
ISO
Also looking for Shiva, Basilisk, and Olenna Tyrell

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:40 am

w00kiee77 wrote:From the look of a blurry screenshot, it looks like:

Harry 1/6
Horntail 1/12
Hermione 1/12
Cornish pixie 1/72
Ron 1/6
Pigwidgeon 1/24
Snape 1/6
Remus 1/36?
Luna 1/24
Therstral 1/12
Sirius 1/24
Fred 1/36 (?)
George 1/24
Buckbeak 1/72

3x 1/6?!? I'm not an experienced mini fan but just on ratios, that's messed up!

Ah man, those are some icky numbers. I'm both really excited for and really dreading this hunt! I keep stalking the various websites to see if they're listed yet, but no such luck...
Image ImageImage Image

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 am

HellKat613 wrote:Those ratios ugh. I don't think its worth ordering cases on this set, which sucks since it's the only way Ilol get a chance at exclusives besides ebay. Just thinking ebay may be the cheapest way to complete the set is cringe worthy.

Yeah I agree... with three auto-doubles in a case, even with pre-ordering one for AU$100 that's still only two free figures compared to paying full price, but at least there's a chance of avoiding bad doubles if you go for singles... I was really looking forward to pre-ordering at least two cases but that means 4x each of Ron, Harry and Snape and it's just not worth it... At least if it WAS Hermione this time, my daughter would take one...

Katers wrote:Ah man, those are some icky numbers. I'm both really excited for and really dreading this hunt! I keep stalking the various websites to see if they're listed yet, but no such luck...

From what I heard from my local (Sydney, AU) seller, the B&N are being released here on the 31st August and the Hot Topic is September 30... Pretty sure it would be similar worldwide..? I know I'll be there first thing on the 31st to get a few, that's for sure... depending on what I get (hopefully we get some layouts?) I might still get a case or wait until the regular ratios...

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Just saw in yoko and Cameron's HQ tour they have the second wave available in their (the HQ) store

w00kiee77

Postby w00kiee77 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Funko specific ratios are:

Bellatrix - 1/24
Demento - 1/24
Grindylow - 1/36
Selkie - 1/72

They've definitely lost a lot of my money this time around... I thought being screwed on the Star Wars minis ratios changing from different cases was bad, but I am definitely going to be one of "those people" and really rant at them for really mucking this series up...

Return to “Blind Bags”