Paka Paka is one of the best new lines in a while opinion post

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Paka Paka is one of the best new lines in a while opinion post

Postby BigM » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:27 am

Imo this is arguably the best blind box Funko has ever put out and one of the best new lines in the last few years.

Each character set is unique with multiple designs and molds with only a few repeat variants. What other line can you have ninjas wielding a plunger and a cat in a bowl of soup!?

The ratios are not super hard like some of the previous lines with a 1/144 chance.

I love that it’s original characters. I’ll continue to collect pieces based on movies/tv/comics etc but Funko has some really cool original pieces. With these Funko has more say in the final design. Plus as I mentioned above it has a great variety of characters.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

TheStephil

Re: Paka Paka is one of the best new lines in a while opinion post

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 am

BigM wrote:Imo this is arguably the best blind box Funko has ever put out and one of the best new lines in the last few years.

Each character set is unique with multiple designs and molds with only a few repeat variants. What other line can you have ninjas wielding a plunger and a cat in a bowl of soup!?

The ratios are not super hard like some of the previous lines with a 1/144 chance.

I love that it’s original characters. I’ll continue to collect pieces based on movies/tv/comics etc but Funko has some really cool original pieces. With these Funko has more say in the final design. Plus as I mentioned above it has a great variety of characters.

it's definitely a fun product but each line speaks to people differently. I think the biggest issue with paka paka is it's unlicensed and therefore doesn't attract the bigger crowds like Marvel Mystery Minis would. I like the unlicensed personally and some of the lines are super cute but i don't think it will be mainline popular. I ratios are nice though, you buy a case and get 95% of everything and just miss 1-2 hyper rares.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:46 am

I love them cause of the unique characters!
Instagram- calebshiny

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:37 am

Stat32111 wrote:I love them cause of the unique characters!

Right I totally agree!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:56 am

They don't take a whole lot of room, too!

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:30 am

I'm a big fan of them for the most part. Some series I don't have the desire to 100% due to slight repetitiveness, but that is okay! I love the "Pop" sound the capsules make as well. Sooooo satisfying.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:09 pm

I love Paka Paka more than Mystery Minis at this point. The price is more reasonable, the molds are gorgeous and I think are usually higher quality (especially compared to bobble heads), and the variety is great. The fact that they aren't licensed means that Funko has more control over what they release, and can make them cheaper. And the more reasonable ratios, fewer dupes, and no store exclusives make it easier to collect.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:16 pm

For the most part....I just like the Dragons. :D

Paka Paka is definitely the best Funko Original product to drop in a long long while.

That being said these will never replace my fondness of mystery minis. A big reason why is because i notice that the licensed minis often have soooo much more detail or look more accurate than the reg licensed pop version.
A good example of that is the IW Cap Pop vs the Mini. Its like night and day to me. And, I really just love how teeny and cute the minis are!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:30 pm

I agree! I love all of them so much but mainly Soda Kats and Boo Hollow. I'm super duper excited for the Soda Kat plushies.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm

TheStephil wrote:
BigM wrote:Imo this is arguably the best blind box Funko has ever put out and one of the best new lines in the last few years.

it's definitely a fun product but each line speaks to people differently. I think the biggest issue with paka paka is it's unlicensed and therefore doesn't attract the bigger crowds like Marvel Mystery Minis would. I like the unlicensed personally and some of the lines are super cute but i don't think it will be mainline popular. I ratios are nice though, you buy a case and get 95% of everything and just miss 1-2 hyper rares.

I absolutely adore them way more then any other blind box Funko has done. I think they have the better designs. However, I’m biased because I miss getting Gachapons in Tokyo while I lived there. I do agree that they’ll probably never hit the mainline because they don’t have licenses people want when buying Funkos.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

billydarector

Postby billydarector » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm

With that said, now can we please get Reis O'brien to work on horror series 4 with the eye-less molds again????!!! It's been a long time! I'm still living in the past and not ready to move on yet....
ISO: Rare Mystery Minis, Retro Freddys
Over 1200 Mystery Minis and growing
Image Image

:freddy3:

sylin

Postby sylin » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:20 pm

billydarector wrote:With that said, now can we please get Reis O'brien to work on horror series 4 with the eye-less molds again????!!! It's been a long time! I'm still living in the past and not ready to move on yet....

It's been years, friend. Might be time to let go. I say that with a very heavy heart. :(

Return to “Blind Bags”