Walking Dead Mystery Minis. Do boxes matter?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
mrbeankc

Walking Dead Mystery Minis. Do boxes matter?

Postby mrbeankc » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Just curious. My wife and i are opening some of the Minis and planning to sell some commons on Ebay. The question are the boxes. My wife insists the boxes matter and we need to take great care to damage them so we can ship them with the pieces when we sell on Ebay. I personally don't think people are going to care. You can't really display the figures in the boxes.

So I put the question to you. If you are a buyer of the Walking Dead Mystery Minis on Ebay do the boxes matter to you or could you care less if you even got the box with the piece? Keep in mind it's really hard to get these boxes open they're so well sealed so they get pretty mangled in the process of opening them.
Last edited by mrbeankc on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Walking Dead Mystery Mins. Do boxes matter?

Postby unoudid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I personally don't think they matter. But when I sell kidrobot blind box items I always include the box & foil with the piece. I always open items from the bottom of the box instead of the top of the box also.
-Ross

Looking for Destiny & Pixar Protos

fignuts57

Re: Walking Dead Mystery Minis. Do boxes matter?

Postby fignuts57 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:54 pm

When I have sold blind box pieces on eBay in the past, it was always hit-and-miss. Some people wanted the boxes, others didn't. Though for some buyers, the box would make or break the deal for them; I'd take care with them just in case.
My name is Chris
POP total: 1000+
Still on the hunt for:
NOTHING!!! I HAVE TOO MUCH!!!!
Instagram: fignuts57

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:50 pm

fignuts57 wrote:When I have sold blind box pieces on eBay in the past, it was always hit-and-miss. Some people wanted the boxes, others didn't. Though for some buyers, the box would make or break the deal for them; I'd take care with them just in case.

I agree!
I lost some sales cause I threw box away.
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

You can't display them in the box, so the box SHOULDN'T matter...

...but it does to some.

As Ross said, try to open from the bottom and keep the packaging together. That way you're covered.

PS: Where did you find them? In town or online?
Funklub: 11181

mrbeankc

Postby mrbeankc » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

My wife and I are retailers. We do Funko a wee little as sort of a fun sideline to what we normally sell (English Porcelain) simply because I collect them. We had the Walking Dead Wobblers at a show 6 months ago by the way and one lady thew a fit. She tried to get the promoter to toss us out of the show because she thought they were inappropriate. Instead he bought our last set.

I try to avoid mentioning that we're retailers (even as small potatoes as we are) on the forums here because I just like to use the forums for the fun of the conversation.
Brian

Return to “Blind Bags”