NBC Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: NBC Mystery Minis

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Funko-Disney-NIGHTMARE-BEFORE-CHRISTMAS-Mystery-Minis-ZERO-1-144-new-NBC-/171162274729?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27da110ba9

:roflmao:

Yeah right!

LOL. I saw that. Seriously, $250 for a mini?
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 pm

That is crazy, but it is awfully cute! I hope you get one Marie!!!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 pm

TulaBug wrote:That is crazy, but it is awfully cute! I hope you get one Marie!!!

Me too. :bounce:
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Shorty57

Postby Shorty57 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Zero is too cute!!! Not $250 cute, but adorable still!! :D
I'm so glad they made him into pop, wobbler, and mini!! Definitely some of my favorite pieces!!

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 am

Seriously considering just buying a box of these...I want them all! We did get them in at work yesterday-think I'll pick some up this week with my paycheck.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 am

Someone just posted on Facebook that there are two Hot Topic exclusives that are GITD. Two of the Jacks. Yes, Mystery Mini exclusives!
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:09 am

Mauison wrote:Someone just posted on Facebook that there are two Hot Topic exclusives that are GITD. Two of the Jacks. Yes, Mystery Mini exclusives!

I was hoping for some GITD NBC MMs. These will probably be harder to get. At least with Pop!s, WWs, and Vinyl figures you know it's the exclusive or chase by looking at it.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:34 am

Mauison wrote:Someone just posted on Facebook that there are two Hot Topic exclusives that are GITD. Two of the Jacks. Yes, Mystery Mini exclusives!

David, those exclusives, will be sold separately or be packed specifically in the Hot Topic Mini Blind Box cases?
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 am

TulaBug wrote:

David, those exclusives, will be sold separately or be packed specifically in the Hot Topic Mini Blind Box cases?

If they are packed into the mystery mini cases at Hot Topic I will officially never buy any of these. That's just crazy to think of how hard those would be to get if they are blind boxed.
-Ross

Looking for Destiny & Pixar Protos

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:46 am

This is the best mini series yet. Love all the different characters. I wish the first disney one had more diversity.
Got Pixie Dust?

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 am

unoudid wrote:
TulaBug wrote:

If they are packed into the mystery mini cases at Hot Topic I will officially never buy any of these. That's just crazy to think of how hard those would be to get if they are blind boxed.

You would have to buy them by the case or , or, or, or....wow.....that is what I was thinking. It would be a good move on Hot Topic's part. They are obviously becoming a big "Exclusive" seller of Funko.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 am

I might buy a few blind boxes from Hot Topic to try for the rare ones I don't get in my case from Gemini but...jeez...blind box exclusives? I hope this isn't a trend. Not that it's a huge deal to me on this set but upcoming ones...coughGame of Thronescough where I am a completist will be rough.

On the bright side, there may be a big opportunity to buy people's duplicates...
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 pm

TulaBug wrote:

They didn't say. They just posted a photo of the Jack saying it was a HT exclusive. I should have asked if they were blind boxes. When I get home from work, I'll have to ask.

ZENGHOST

Postby ZENGHOST » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 pm

From what I'm seeing, it sounds like the two Hot Topic Exclusive Jacks (the non santa or snowman ones) replace the two regular Jacks that everyone else has. So they are blind boxes but 2/24 so they aren't really Chase ones, it's just that the Hot Topics have two different ones that GITD. At least that's what I'm getting out of it and that's what I'm hoping because if they're like Chases then that's gonna be ridiculous with blind boxes.

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Deadboy wrote:(Why don't they just put 1/12?)

Since a case holds 24 they do 2/24 meaning you should get 2 per case. the 1/144 means there is 1 per master case.
-Ross

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 pm

From Facebook

-Ross

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:06 pm

These look awesome! NOT a big fan of blind boxes after the batman case, never got the Joker. But I may have to atleast pick up one or two of these. And I cannot believe HT is having exclusives for these.
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cristina » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:55 pm

I posted this in the dance thread, but I'll put it here, too, for anyone wanting to see the contents of one of the cases. No Zero or Santa Jack :( but, really happy with the quality of them.

Cristina wrote:.here's what I got:

Got two each of these (all the 2/24)

With the mayor, I'll probably display both

And got these two rarer pieces, a 1/24 and 1/72

Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:25 am

You did good Cristina! Love that pumpkin head!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:05 am

You know,I only ever buy people's extras,but I'm still debating on collecting these though.I have every Nightmare Before Christmas Pop except for regular Day of the Dead Jack,and the 3 piece Metallic D23 set on Gemini,but I still have never seen the movie yet.I know,I'm 20 years behind.But I do admit,that Mayor looks pretty sweet looking,and the Green Oogie Boogie,Sally,and the Devil looking guy looking pretty freaking cool too.

FunkoH

Postby FunkoH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 am

I love the pumpkin head too.....I NEED TO PICK SOME OF THESE UP!
Heili aka FunkoH

Shorty57

Postby Shorty57 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 am

These look AMAZING!! Congrats!! And I agree with the rest, love the pumpkin head!! :)

FunkoH

Postby FunkoH » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 am

jake1977jr wrote:You know,I only ever buy people's extras,but I'm still debating on collecting these though.I have every Nightmare Before Christmas Pop except for regular Day of the Dead Jack,and the 3 piece Metallic D23 set on Gemini,but I still have never seen the movie yet.I know,I'm 20 years behind.But I do admit,that Mayor looks pretty sweet looking,and the Green Oogie Boogie,Sally,and the Devil looking guy looking pretty freaking cool too.

I hadn't seen the movie until last year when my husband got me it for christmas. It's definitely worth watching! But I was like you, loved the characters before I fell in love with the movie. Speaking of...I think I'll watch it tomorrow!
Heili aka FunkoH

djkara

Postby djkara » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Got my case and did not get any of the 1/144. I have doubles of all the regular figures and then I got Dr. Finklestein and Pumpkin Head Jack.

I would put a picture up but I don't see how to do that. #-o
Kara

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:42 pm

This is what Case F looks like (top/bottom). If anyone gets a different one can you please share with us what case you got and its layout. Thanks!

Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

djkara

Postby djkara » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I got a different case, I will double check which one when I get home later.
Kara

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:14 am

Nightmare is probably my all time fave movie.
I was 8 yrs old when it released. Never got to see it in the movies,
But got the VHS tape when it released. Abuse that tape lol
Even have most of the characthers tattooed on me.
The "pumpkin head" jack is the Pumpkin King! ;)
You'll see him in the intro. "This is Halloween"
Best intro song ever!!!
Sorry I just get into talking about NBC
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

ZENGHOST

Postby ZENGHOST » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Anyone know if the blue snowman from Hot Topic an exclusive GITD too? Supposedly the two Hot Topic Jacks are GITD (I haven't tested yet), but looking at the box it looks like one of the snowmen is also GITD unlike the regular box.

missbantz

Postby missbantz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 pm

ZENGHOST wrote:Anyone know if the blue snowman from Hot Topic an exclusive GITD too? Supposedly the two Hot Topic Jacks are GITD (I haven't tested yet), but looking at the box it looks like one of the snowmen is also GITD unlike the regular box.

While I can't answer about the snowman, I can confirm the HT Jacks glow.

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:This is what Case F looks like (top/bottom). If anyone gets a different one can you please share with us what case you got and its layout. Thanks!

Is there a way to tell which case you get before you open them? Just wondering I decided to order a case today so hopefully I get some good pieces :)
Gene

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 pm

meangene wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:This is what Case F looks like (top/bottom). If anyone gets a different one can you please share with us what case you got and its layout. Thanks!

Is there a way to tell which case you get before you open them? Just wondering I decided to order a case today so hopefully I get some good pieces :)

The case letter is printed on the brown cardboard box that the case comes in.

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks David! I'll let you guys know what my case looks like when it comes in.
Gene

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 am

So I have to say thank you to NightmareMermaid for the case layout. I went to Hot Topic yesterday and bought 4 NBC minis (BOGO 50% off) and used your layout when picking boxes. The top row had been moved around so I took a guess on that one but the bottom row seemed untouched. I only wanted: Snowman Jack, Pumpkin King Jack, Oogie, and as a stretch Santa Jack & Zero. I picked the the three boxes starting from the bottom right corner and moved across to the left, then picked a random one from the top. I ended up getting Snowman Jack, Pumpkin King Jack, Doctor Finkelstein, and the Devil. My son really wanted the Devil figure so I gave it to him, but the two Jacks were exactly what I was after. I also have a Doctor Finkelstein (1/72) I can trade or sell.
So again, thanks for that case layout post!
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Battastic wrote:So I have to say thank you to NightmareMermaid for the case layout. I went to Hot Topic yesterday and bought 4 NBC minis (BOGO 50% off) and used your layout when picking boxes. The top row had been moved around so I took a guess on that one but the bottom row seemed untouched. I only wanted: Snowman Jack, Pumpkin King Jack, Oogie, and as a stretch Santa Jack & Zero. I picked the the three boxes starting from the bottom right corner and moved across to the left, then picked a random one from the top. I ended up getting Snowman Jack, Pumpkin King Jack, Doctor Finkelstein, and the Devil. My son really wanted the Devil figure so I gave it to him, but the two Jacks were exactly what I was after. I also have a Doctor Finkelstein (1/72) I can trade or sell.
So again, thanks for that case layout post!

I just did the same thing last night. Went to HT and they had a newly opened case with a couple of boxes on top missing. So I grabbed from the bottom row, the three boxes in the front from the right. Got Snowman Jack, Pumpkin King, Doctor F and since I had to buy another one for the BOGO 50% off sale, I grabbed a random one from the top and it was Oogie. So thank you very much for the case layout! I think I'll go back tomorrow and try my luck in grabbing the GITD Jacks.

joshxeo

Postby joshxeo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 am

Anyone have santa jack?

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:02 pm

I just found four boxes of these at barnes and noble I opened them to find the mayor, smile Jack, tan ogie, and the lake monster hopefully I can find more of them or trade the swamp monster for some of the others like the glow snowman Jack, Sally, and green ogie
BDW out

moresynthplease

Postby moresynthplease » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Anyone have experience with the case layout this year? My HT has them and I was hoping for some inside info. :)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:33 am

Pulled a glow-head Jack at random from one store, and a Mayor at random from another. Bought a gitd snowman Jack online just to have him.

My question to everyone is: which color of Oogie is the best/most accurate?

I'm colorblind, and am having a heck of a time discerning between the green/brown/orange.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:43 am

RogueSolo wrote:Pulled a glow-head Jack at random from one store, and a Mayor at random from another. Bought a gitd snowman Jack online just to have him.

My question to everyone is: which color of Oogie is the best/most accurate?

I'm colorblind, and am having a heck of a time discerning between the green/brown/orange.

The brown is the normal oogie for the first2/3 of the movie while the green one is the oogie from the last 1/3 they only difference is color both are the same mold
BDW out

Return to “Blind Bags”