Testing a theory re: horror minis chases

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
gmcoulton

Testing a theory re: horror minis chases

Postby gmcoulton » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:29 am

Could every one who gets a box of horror minis first open the two boxes that are in the front / bottom row tucked on the left hand side. If I'm right (which is unlikely) these two figures should be a Billy and a chase (NES Jason, Bloody Leatherface, Glow Pennywise or scarred Chucky)

Post your results :)
Names Graham, my collection consists of:

ANYTHING GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

GodFodder

Re: Testing a theory re: horror minis chases

Postby GodFodder » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Aren't there different case assortments as well? I think there is an A, B, and C assortment, so you'd need to account for those as well since the pack order in assortment A is not necessarily the same as B and C.

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Lol...case layouts. It worked for the batman series. Just need to know the layouts for the different cases.
Calvin

gmcoulton

Postby gmcoulton » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:35 pm

I believe there are 6 case assortments. Each case has 2x the 11 regular figures plus 1x Billy and the last is made up of the chases eg:
Box 1 - scarred chucky
Box 2 - NES Jason
Box 3 - Bloody leather face
Box 4 - GITD pennywise
Box 5 - NES Jason
Box 6 - Bloody leather face

I'm thinking logistically it would make sense to pack one Billy and the corresponding chase into the box first. And then fill up the box with the rest. Logic also suggests you'd tuck the Billy and chase into the bottom left (or possibly right corner) to make it easier to pack the rest of the figures.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 pm

gmcoulton wrote:I believe there are 6 case assortments. Each case has 2x the 11 regular figures plus 1x Billy and the last is made up of the chases eg:
Box 1 - scarred chucky
Box 2 - NES Jason
Box 3 - Bloody leather face
Box 4 - GITD pennywise
Box 5 - NES Jason
Box 6 - Bloody leather face

I'm thinking logistically it would make sense to pack one Billy and the corresponding chase into the box first. And then fill up the box with the rest. Logic also suggests you'd tuck the Billy and chase into the bottom left (or possibly right corner) to make it easier to pack the rest of the figures.

Is this just your opinion or have you been tracking and plotting the cases.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

gmcoulton

Postby gmcoulton » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Just my opinion... based on simple maths.

Everyone ive spoken to has pulled one billy out of the box (1/24) plus one chase. therefore, it makes sense that there would be 6 assortments consisting of 22 regulars (11x 2/24s), 1 Billy (1/24) and then either a 1/72 or 1/144 making up the last figure.

In each of the 6 boxes you would have 2x all the regulars, 1x billy plus 2/6 would contain a NES jason, 2/6 would contain a Bloody Leatherface, 1/6 would contain a GITD pennywise and 1/6 would contain a scarred chucky.

Funko would have to keep the integrity of these chase release numbers so I would imagine you would have a team in charge of each of the 6 assortments to ensure that these ratios stayed true.

I picture One group would put in a NES Jason and billy and the then it would be sent off to another team to fill up the box with the duplicate 11 remaining regulars. Another team would put in a Bloody Letherface and billy and so on and so on.

To control the number of chases and keep the integrity of the limited editions, it would be impossible to just throw n the chases into any box at random... This is why I believe you will never get 2 1/72s in a box or 1/72 and a 1/144 in the same box etc etc.

The reason I think they would be in the bottom row is that it would be easier and most time efficient (remembering these are MASS produced) to insert the chase and billy, before the other 22 are packed in. I am just guessing they would be bottom/front/ left as I picture most production lines run from left to right and it would be easier for them to be neatly tucked away in the left hand corner.

BUT HEY, this is just my opinion and I am totally guessing this coz i like trying to work out problems etc, i may be sick but i find it fun (that why i always seem to go well in Cognitive ability tests) lol

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 pm

I can't imagine why these would be any different than the Disney Mystery Minis and I hate to throw off your calculations but ... In one case that I bought I pulled a 1/144 AND a 1/72..FROM THE SAME CASE. Now what.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

JuicemanRJ

Postby JuicemanRJ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 am

Maybe a packing error?

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 am

TulaBug wrote:I can't imagine why these would be any different than the Disney Mystery Minis and I hate to throw off your calculations but ... In one case that I bought I pulled a 1/144 AND a 1/72..FROM THE SAME CASE. Now what.

There are a different number of unique figures in each series, 16 vs. 24...the ratios are different for the two series, Horror Classics has no 1/18, 1/36, or 1/48...Disney has three 1/144 while Horror Classics has two. I can't imagine how anyone could assume the distribution between the two series would not be different. The only thing that the two series have in common, is that they seem to be based off a master case of 144.

That being said, going off the ratios on the box, the Disney series doesn't add up. Comes out to 129 total pieces when it should be 144. The same is true for the Horror classics. Those come out to 150. However, if we assume that the Billy is a 1/24 (as reports indicate), not 1/72, and chase Jason is a 1/72 and not a 2/24, then the math works out. 144 pieces. From that we can assume that gmcoulton's theory is correct...

gmcoulton wrote:In each of the 6 boxes you would have 2x all the regulars, 1x billy plus 2/6 would contain a NES jason, 2/6 would contain a Bloody Leatherface, 1/6 would contain a GITD pennywise and 1/6 would contain a scarred chucky.

Now even if Funko mandated that's how the pieces are supposed to be distributed, that doesn't necessarily mean that you will never find a PDQ that differs from this, due to packing errors and such, like RJ said. So, if gmcoulton used the word "should" instead of "would", I'd have to agree with him.

gmcoulton

Postby gmcoulton » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:57 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
TulaBug wrote:I can't imagine why these would be any different than the Disney Mystery Minis and I hate to throw off your calculations but ... In one case that I bought I pulled a 1/144 AND a 1/72..FROM THE SAME CASE. Now what.

There are a different number of unique figures in each series, 16 vs. 24...the ratios are different for the two series, Horror Classics has no 1/18, 1/36, or 1/48...Disney has three 1/144 while Horror Classics has two. I can't imagine how anyone could assume the distribution between the two series would not be different. The only thing that the two series have in common, is that they seem to be based off a master case of 144.

That being said, going off the ratios on the box, the Disney series doesn't add up. Comes out to 129 total pieces when it should be 144. The same is true for the Horror classics. Those come out to 150. However, if we assume that the Billy is a 1/24 (as reports indicate), not 1/72, and chase Jason is a 1/72 and not a 2/24, then the math works out. 144 pieces. From that we can assume that gmcoulton's theory is correct...

gmcoulton wrote:In each of the 6 boxes you would have 2x all the regulars, 1x billy plus 2/6 would contain a NES jason, 2/6 would contain a Bloody Leatherface, 1/6 would contain a GITD pennywise and 1/6 would contain a scarred chucky.

Now even if Funko mandated that's how the pieces are supposed to be distributed, that doesn't necessarily mean that you will never find a PDQ that differs from this, due to packing errors and such, like RJ said. So, if gmcoulton used the word "should" instead of "would", I'd have to agree with him.

As I said, just a theory. You should always allow for chance of human error.
And yes, I should of used the word SHOULD instead of WOULD :)

Anyways, doesn't really matter much to me as I have the complete set, just trying to help other collectors increase their chances of scoring a chase piece :)

funkymerman

Postby funkymerman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Yes, this has happened to me and to a few YouTuber's as well. You are absolutely correct. If it is against the rules to bump old threads I'm sorry. :S

Return to “Blind Bags”