Funko Zero Mini on Ebay?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
slayers94rx7

Funko Zero Mini on Ebay?

Postby slayers94rx7 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 pm

I've seen the rare zero mini 1/144 go for the $80 range. I just saw these listed on ebay, from china, for $16.99 and has more than ten available. I know china is known for plenty of cloned merchandise. Do you think this is legit or a clone? I know usually if its to good to be true, it probably is and with only a 1/144 chance of getting one, I can't imagine there would be that many of these floating around.

Queen of Marvel

Re: Funko Zero Mini on Ebay?

Postby Queen of Marvel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I guess you get what you pay for?
Jeanne. The Queen of Marvel.

unoudid
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby unoudid » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:25 pm

This has been discussed a few times now. They are probably legit pieces that are either stolen or pulled out of the trash with minor defects. Some people have bought these and had them show up fine.

Just FYI. This needs to be in the Vinyl section not the Pop Section.
-Ross

Looking for Destiny & Pixar Protos

slayers94rx7

Postby slayers94rx7 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Ok, sorry about that.

unoudid wrote:This has been discussed a few times now. They are probably legit pieces that are either stolen or pulled out of the trash with minor defects. Some people have bought these and had them show up fine.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:07 pm

unoudid wrote:This has been discussed a few times now. They are probably legit pieces that are either stolen or pulled out of the trash with minor defects. Some people have bought these and had them show up fine.

We have also been told that there are now some very legitimate Funko dealers that could be selling them also. :wink: Either way, almost every one who has gotten them has been pretty happy with what they have gotten.
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I bought a couple pieces to stand side by side with ones that I pulled out of boxes. IMHO, they are legit with minor defects.

Imagine a person sitting at the end of the production line whose job it is to reject parts. Their job isn't to fix the problem, that's someone else entirely. When the part gets rejected, it then incurs additional cost, i.e. repaint, reinspected, goes back into the process to get packed, etc. It isn't exactly feasible to slip it back in to the box since that is already being sealed up and going to shipping. They are not going to hold the shipment because of 1 figure being defective. Throw in the fact that they know there will be defects, most manufacturers will account for it and make extras to keep the manufacturing line moving. Just being a 1/144 from a chase perspective doesn't mean they produce 1/144.
Rodney Image

bbib7

Postby bbib7 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Was there ever a Zero mini glow? Or was that all in my head...

Mauison

Postby Mauison » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:11 pm

bbib7 wrote:Was there ever a Zero mini glow? Or was that all in my head...

In your head. lol There were two Hot Topic exclusive Jack's that glow.

You might be thinking of the Zero Wobbler Chase that glows.

BTW, I just got my Zero in the mail yesterday via China (ebay). Looks fine to me. I also got Santa Jack and Lagoon Creature this way, both were fine.
Aloha, I'm David and I love everything Disney!!!

bbib7

Postby bbib7 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Mauison wrote:
bbib7 wrote:Was there ever a Zero mini glow? Or was that all in my head...

In your head. lol There were two Hot Topic exclusive Jack's that glow.

You might be thinking of the Zero Wobbler Chase that glows.

BTW, I just got my Zero in the mail yesterday via China (ebay). Looks fine to me. I also got Santa Jack and Lagoon Creature this way, both were fine.

It was wishful thinking then. Just saw the wobbler on eBay. It'ss expensive! But attractive.

amandadl_lv

Postby amandadl_lv » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 am

When I was on vacation in China I went to a few collector's shop and saw tons of the the minis and pops as well. They seem legitimate to me, I bought quite a few when I was there cause they were pretty cheap in price and the rare ones. I've compared it to my pops I've purchased in the US, and I really don't see any differences, just some minor paint flaws but nothing big
"You can’t make a half sandwich. If it’s not half of a whole sandwich, it’s just a small sandwich." -Sheldon, BBT

Return to “Blind Bags”