Question about mystery minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
DeannaF7

Question about mystery minis

Postby DeannaF7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:41 am

Hi
I wanted to try my luck with some individual boxes of the minis. My question is how are they sealed? Are they wrapped in plastic? I've seen blind boxes before that weren't actually sealed and i don't want to waste time and money if someone could easily take a look at the figure.
Thanks

jandkstuff

Re: Question about mystery minis

Postby jandkstuff » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:48 am

Funko Mystery Minis are not only sealed in plastic but the lid to the box is also glued down tight. I have actually had to pull out a steak knife in order to attempt to neatly open the box. So, rest assure, it would not be easy to just open it up without you knowing about it. :-)
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 am

How do you find the ones you want if the boxes are sealed???

;)
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

Queen of Marvel

Postby Queen of Marvel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 am

$$
Jeanne. The Queen of Marvel.

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:14 am

[youtube]cymp70Jn1UE[/youtube]

POPart

Postby POPart » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:03 am

DeannaF7 wrote:Hi
I wanted to try my luck with some individual boxes of the minis. My question is how are they sealed? Are they wrapped in plastic? I've seen blind boxes before that weren't actually sealed and i don't want to waste time and money if someone could easily take a look at the figure.
Thanks

Funko blind boxes come shrink-wrapped, and glued closed. Inside the box, there's a plastic bag which contains the figure. Some lines have a clear plastic bag (DC, WD,) some a black plastic bag (BBT, Disney.) Because the full cases come in set order, an unscrupulous retailer can pick out the chases w/o opening the boxes :( . I don't think that happens too often, though.

Check your area and see if you have a comic/collectible store that has "trading days" where people get together to trade their blind box duplicates.
Hi I'm Chris. Started Collecting in August 2012. Most wanted right now: Jam Master Jay.Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:12 am

Shavedcrx wrote:How do you find the ones you want if the boxes are sealed???

;)

That's the Mystery :-k

Craig here......

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:17 am

;)

eBay.
I like to tell people "think of it as a present to yourself."
Some smaller stores have a "display" version they'll let you swap for.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 am

jandkstuff wrote:Funko Mystery Minis are not only sealed in plastic but the lid to the box is also glued down tight. I have actually had to pull out a steak knife in order to attempt to neatly open the box. So, rest assure, it would not be easy to just open it up without you knowing about it. :-)

Thank you for the answer that's what I was hoping for.

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am

Alleycat wrote:

;)

That's the Mystery :-k

Mystery is great I just don't like it when someone is able to skew the results. I remember before with those Lego blind bags the first 2(?) series people used a barcode scanner to check the contents which totally ruins the mystery.

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:42 am

POPart wrote:
Thanks

Funko blind boxes come shrink-wrapped, and glued closed. Inside the box, there's a plastic bag which contains the figure. Some lines have a clear plastic bag (DC, WD,) some a black plastic bag (BBT, Disney.) Because the full cases come in set order, an unscrupulous retailer can pick out the chases w/o opening the boxes :( . I don't think that happens too often, though.

Check your area and see if you have a comic/collectible store that has "trading days" where people get together to trade their blind box duplicates.

Thanks for the answer. That was also my concern that someone could easily take out the chases. I don't expect to buy a couple boxes and get the chases I just want an honest chance at getting something that is supposed to be random. Do you know of any online retailers that don't do that? Also do you know where I could buy a full case?

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:44 am

DeannaF7 wrote:
POPart wrote:
Thanks

Thanks for the answer. That was also my concern that someone could easily take out the chases. I don't expect to buy a couple boxes and get the chases I just want an honest chance at getting something that is supposed to be random. Do you know of any online retailers that don't do that? Also do you know where I could buy a full case?

Check out Fugitive Toys. They deal in a ton of blind box goodies, individually and by the case. And Nelson is a great guy. Definitely a source you can trust.
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:52 am

[/quote]
Check out Fugitive Toys. They deal in a ton of blind box goodies, individually and by the case. And Nelson is a great guy. Definitely a source you can trust.[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 pm

;)

Blind f'n luck.
Funklub: 11181

LION0371

Postby LION0371 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 pm

I caught the TWD & Horror blind box bug (thanks to allofasudden19k and Haydenstorm for gifting my first horror & TWD mini blind box figures.) I saw and had to have my favorite pieces. I found a set of common TWD mini figures on a certain auction site for a steal of a price. Now time for the rare pieces which will cost me a pretty penny, and I mean a pretty penny to complete this.
Can not wait for the SCI-Fi mini blind box figures, those I will be buying a fresh case of!!!
Image ImageImage

IG: lion0ne

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm

LION0371 wrote:I found a set of common TWD mini figures on a certain auction site for a steal of a price. Now time for the rare pieces which will cost me a pretty penny, and I mean a pretty penny to complete this.
Can not wait for the SCI-Fi mini blind box figures, those I will be buying a fresh case of!!!

Wow, I was curious how much the base sets are going for on Ebay and just looked it up. That is a smoking deal if buyers have the patience to wait. Hopefully you were able to get them at the prices they're at now.

So far the Horror minis have been my favorite but the Sci-Fi ones will definitely be my second favorite. I am addicted to the minis. :-)

YellowKing

Postby YellowKing » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:05 pm

jandkstuff wrote:
LION0371 wrote:I found a set of common TWD mini figures on a certain auction site for a steal of a price. Now time for the rare pieces which will cost me a pretty penny, and I mean a pretty penny to complete this.

Wow, I was curious how much the base sets are going for on Ebay and just looked it up. That is a smoking deal if buyers have the patience to wait. Hopefully you were able to get them at the prices they're at now.

So far the Horror minis have been my favorite but the Sci-Fi ones will definitely be my second favorite. I am addicted to the minis. :-)

i am completely with you on those sci fi minis, i just hope Dredd looks good and not too cartoony, ill have case with a lot of the horror and sci fi mixed with Alien in the center because that movie is the perfect mix of sci fi and horror, kinda bummed they didnt find a way to put a prawn from district 9 in there

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 pm

YellowKing wrote:i am completely with you on those sci fi minis, i just hope Dredd looks good and not too cartoony, ill have case with a lot of the horror and sci fi mixed with Alien in the center because that movie is the perfect mix of sci fi and horror, kinda bummed they didnt find a way to put a prawn from district 9 in there

Oh, I didn't even think about District 9. That would've been a great addition. I do like your display idea. I'd love to see pics when you've got it set up. :-)

Return to “Blind Bags”