Mini mystery ? Series 2 TWD

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
mikem
Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Mini mystery ? Series 2 TWD

Postby mikem » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:30 am

First question is bloody michonne. 1/72 in hot topic case but a 1/144 in non ht case. Is that right?
Question 2 non ht has orange charred walked at 1/72 and the dark charred walker at 2/24. In hot topic case same one is 1/14:. I have a charred walker out of a ht case so he should be a 144 but is same as 2/24 ones.mare these mistakes made in china? Whats the truth?

Cristina
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Re: Mini mystery ? Series 2 TWD

Postby Cristina » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 am

Here's the info that Popvinyls.com was able to get from Funko regarding the Charred Walker:

"The Walking Dead Mystery Minis Series 2 hit shelves this weekend. In addition to regular cases, there are also Hot Topic exclusive cases. In both instances, there are characters that are only included in one or the other, and a bunch that come in both. Shortly after release, we got reports of possible issues with the ratios on the side of the box, specifically the Charred Zombie, which shows at 2/24 ratio in the regular cases, and at 1/144 in the Hot Topic Cases.

Allison has checked with production, and the ratios on the boxes are correct. If you look closely, the Hot Topic one is actually clear, while the other is colored plastic. Hence the differences in the ratios, and rarity…. Happy Hunting!"

Does the one from Hot Topic look clear in any way? Maybe if you shine a flashlight behind it?
Cristina

2014 Spirit Award!

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 am

Idk get it lol
They look the same on the box.
Someone should post pics
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

mikem

Postby mikem » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 am

Ok, here is what I have.
Orange charred from a comic store 1/72
Brown colored one from hot topic, supposedly 1/144
Brown colored one from comic book store 2/24

Both browns look exactly the same. I have yet to see the 1/144 hot topic clear one ( which I should have from my hot topic buy) i think there has to be an issue of the 1/144 ht and 2/24 non hot topic being the same

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 am

I have yet to see the 1/144 clear from ht. I don't think it exists.
Rodney Image

PDbullsfan

Postby PDbullsfan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm with you guys, I'm almost certain the "hot topic version" doesn't exist. They're one in the same. It's still a cool looking mini regardless or rarity and I'm glad I was able to scoop one up!

As far as Michonne goes, I've noticed that too, but don't really have anything to add other than they may have slipped up on that one. It's still harder to find regardless of the ratio, but probably not as tough to find as originally thought. I guess we could say it's a 1/108? haha

Return to “Blind Bags”