Sci-Fi Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Voodoo_Lou

Re: Sci-Fi Minis

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:03 am

WOOT! Pulled a Rocketeer from a picked through case at Gamestop this weekend! Had already resolved
myself to never finding him. Only 4 to go now (Clear Pred, Jayne, Metaluna Mutant and Lootcrate Mal).

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Voodoo_Lou wrote:WOOT! Pulled a Rocketeer from a picked through case at Gamestop this weekend! Had already resolved
myself to never finding him. Only 4 to go now (Clear Pred, Jayne, Metaluna Mutant and Lootcrate Mal).

Wow, awesome pull!
My best pull from a picked through box was the Series 1 Khal Drogo

HNutz

Postby HNutz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Voodoo_Lou wrote:WOOT! Pulled a Rocketeer from a picked through case at Gamestop this weekend! Had already resolved

AWESOME!

I'm having a hard enough time finding Minis for sale, much less finding the ones I need. :(
Looking for Mal & Rocketeer (and a few random others). The gf wants to trade Ponies.

This is what I have :

Batfan

Postby Batfan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 am

I know. It actually scares me when a new series comes out and I only want one.

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:47 pm

HNutz wrote:I'm having a hard enough time finding Minis for sale, much less finding the ones I need. :(

I've had a lot of luck with Gamestops lately for the Sci-Fi, TMNT and Walking Dead.
Target and Wal-Mart always get cleaned out fast. The horror figs (aside from some
leftovers at Hot Topic) I've had to buy online.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:53 pm

I have a bunch of duplicates, but they never seem to be the figures that people need :-/
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

operez086

Postby operez086 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Many many thanks to misterjstewart and hooking me up with a Jayne! Now i need 1 more to finish the Sci-Fi collection and it's the elusive Rocketeer!
-->Oliver<--
Instagram: oliverjperez

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 am

Thinking about getting into the sci-fi minis, I go to the collectibles swap meet next weekend so might try to pull one or two, see how it goes.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:46 am

operez086 wrote:Many many thanks to misterjstewart and hooking me up with a Jayne! Now i need 1 more to finish the Sci-Fi collection and it's the elusive Rocketeer!

The Rocketeer is awesome, I love it. It's probably my favorite Funko Mini (I like the other brand better but they seem to be nearly out of business) other than maybe my SDCC Wall-E. I was lucky, I bought it from a store for like $20.

studioki

Postby studioki » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

Yeah. Rocketeer is the best.

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 pm

operez086 wrote:Many many thanks to misterjstewart and hooking me up with a Jayne! Now i need 1 more to finish the Sci-Fi collection and it's the elusive Rocketeer!

Glad to pass it on to someone in need. You''re on your own for the Rocketeer though ;)

It took me forever to find that one. Finally found someone that had one and needed a Mars Attacks martian, which I just happened to have an extra of. Good luck in your search.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

Blehschmidt

Postby Blehschmidt » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:55 am

misterjstewart wrote:It took me forever to find that one. Finally found someone that had one and needed a Mars Attacks martian, which I just happened to have an extra of. Good luck in your search.

Still super excited we made that trade, I love that Mars Attacks Alien!!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm new to this forum, but have been collecting the Sci-Fi series recently.

So far my collection is: Xenomorph (Normal and Silver), TRON, Robocop, Malcom, Spock, and Robby.
I have an extra Robocop I pulled as well. I like Robocop though, so I didn't mind much.

My favorites are the normal Xenomorph, Robocop, and Robby. I have to ask, did Funko mess up on the printing for the rarity of the normal variant, or is the normal variant the chase one after all?

Still searching for the Mars Attacks Martian, which I will have to just end up buying at this point. Is there a chance they'll start showing up online for less than $20?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:32 pm

I really need to make a list of which ones I have. (And apparently I really need a master list of all my duplicates; I just have been lazy and letting them make a cube world of the unneeded where my duplicates and triplicates [the shame] can hang out together until I get my act together.) I have 12, neither of the 72's though. I sort of have been trying to tell myself I do not need to finish this set, but I know if the right deal or trade or magical fairy who grants me frivolous wishes ever comes along, I will have them all.

Technically, I have 13 because of loot crate, but I moved that Mal to his own shelf, with a Wash pop. I was on a bit of a photo rampage so...
I'm Lyn. I know, confusing because I'm also Noctu. In real life I have a whole face too. Your mind blown yet? If not, keep talking... It's bound to splatter. XD

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:47 pm

Looks good!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Blehschmidt wrote:
misterjstewart wrote:It took me forever to find that one. Finally found someone that had one and needed a Mars Attacks martian, which I just happened to have an extra of. Good luck in your search.

Still super excited we made that trade, I love that Mars Attacks Alien!!

Me too! The Rocketeer is the centerpiece of my Mini collection.

Call me James.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:10 pm

So if I want the Mars Attacks Martian, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Also, I only see the minis at Gamestop anymore. Are there reliable stores to go to besides Gamestop that sell these?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:23 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:So if I want the Mars Attacks Martian, is it going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Also, I only see the minis at Gamestop anymore. Are there reliable stores to go to besides Gamestop that sell these?

Depends on how you look at it. I pulled two in the first week collecting this line. I noticed when I shook the box it made a little plastic tinkling sound (hard to describe) that others definitely didn't make. So when I heard it again, I bought that one and it worked. I pulled a lot of dupes (10+) trying to find the Rocketeer with no luck. So I spent around $70. I could have gone the eBay route instead and broken even or I could have gotten lucky and pulled one. For me, 80% of the fun of Mystery Minis is the mystery part, plus I have lots of dupes to get rid of. (I've given most of them away.)

As for where to find them, Target was the cheapest at $5.99 a piece but the cases usually looked like they had been raped before I got to them. My local Hot Topic had them hidden on a bottom shelf so they were mostly intact. With the BOGO 1/2 off it worked out to about $7 a piece. For the truly adventurous collected with lots of disposable income I guess you could buy cases from Entertainment Earth or Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Call me James.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Nice that does help! Thanks a lot! Aha, so the plastic helmet makes a different impact sound, that's nice to know. I will now be putting my ear up to the boxes when I see them in stores.

Yeah my issue is that I don't have a very large disposable income for the moment, but I'd love finding him versus buying him. I am also looking for Predator and Metalluna Mutant, so even if I don't get him I could end up getting those instead. And sounds good, I'll keep my eyes peeled at Target. I haven't seen them at any of my local ones, but they could just be hiding away.

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 am

Series 1 seems to be winding down. I've only seen them at one of my local Targets recently and none at the HT.

Call me James.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 am

Man, I hope I can find a Mars Attacks Alien at retail. As of now I have a mostly complete set with extras of Predator and Metaluna, and I'm just missing that Martian and the variants that I skipped. I'd hate to have to shell out the big bucks for that last figure, but I'll do it if I have to. He's too cool not to have in my lineup!
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:53 am

I was lucky enough to find two Rocketeers in the wild, but no Martian. Think I managed to grab him for about $25 on eBay though, so it wasn't a huge hit.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:30 pm

I went and bought two more at retail today (against my better judgement). I ended up with my third Robocop and second Robby. Is there a thread to trade these on, or just PM users if they're interested? I wouldn't mind trading (if anyone wants these). I'm looking for Metalluna or any of the Predators.

Drat, I should have re-picked, especially when the people at the store guessed I would have gotten Robby and a smaller one. I'm surprised I don't have Predator though, especially since he's common and has two variants.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:09 pm

We need a website for trading these things, it's so much work PMing people and listing on eBay... just a simple system to put the right buyers/sellers in touch with each other, members put their duplicates up as separate items, anybody interested selects them and makes an offer from their own collection, bam. I've spent so much time writing back and forth with people that aren't clear about what they want or have - lots of "I'm looking for anything from GoT S1", "Well I can trade you Character X?", "Oh, I already have them", etc etc.

Makes me want to fumble through code and try making something myself...

EDIT: The SciFi line has been the most frustrating for me for some reason, I've got 3 Tron guys, a spare Spock, and a Metaluna that I don't care too much for... and so many other characters I could have picked. And of course, the wife is a huge Mars Attacks fan, and that's the rarest one :(

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:06 pm

The only one i have left is the bloody predator, i keep pulling trons though. I'm up to 8 trons between the 2 in my set and the doubles i've traded away. Tron magnet is how i do

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 5:36 pm

I know they've already announced Series 2 of the sci-fi minis. But I can't help but feel like they've missed a lot of great characters:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-T-800 (Arnold/battle damaged/endoskeleton/etc.,) from T2
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000
-Tron/Clu/Quorra/Sam/Flynn from Tron Legacy (mainly because the suit designs were amazing)

And my absolute most wanted, that is almost criminal for them not to have included:

-Rick Deckard from Blade Runner

Blade Runner is one of the most iconic Science Fiction films of all time. Time to show it some love, Funko.
The North Remembers.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:52 pm

I'm hoping I can still find most of the set at retail before they disappear. Right now I can only find them at GameStop. Luckily I have 3 of them within a quarter mile of each other. I have a lot of them to go. I got a late start on them and only have 6. So far I haven't gotten any dupes though.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Sat May 02, 2015 4:51 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:I know they've already announced Series 2 of the sci-fi minis. But I can't help but feel like they've missed a lot of great characters:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000
-Tron/Clu/Quorra/Sam/Flynn from Tron Legacy (mainly because the suit designs were amazing)

And my absolute most wanted, that is almost criminal for them not to have included:

Blade Runner is one of the most iconic Science Fiction films of all time. Time to show it some love, Funko.

Just cause we saw them in the catalog doesn't mean it will be the line up that we get series 1 had neo and others replaced in it
BDW out

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Mon May 04, 2015 8:09 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:I know they've already announced Series 2 of the sci-fi minis. But I can't help but feel like they've missed a lot of great characters:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000

I hope that the Sci-Fi and Horror lines both have legs and go for several more series. There are some characters I'd dearly love to get from both genres who are not yet included as of series 2. Ripley and T-800 would be awesome. Deckard's a great pick too.
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon May 04, 2015 11:03 am

Im still waiting for a Metropolis robot. One day...one day.

ReisOBrien

Postby ReisOBrien » Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000

The Blade Runner license is not available for making any product. Believe me, we've tried. So, we're trying to show it some love!

Also, The Terminator licensor said no to Mystery Minis and Pops. Again, we tried.
Funko Senior Product Designer
President - Funko Fiends Patch & Pin Club
Founder - BimToy and Creator of Tiny Ghost

ImageImage

jpaskoff

Postby jpaskoff » Tue May 05, 2015 4:57 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000

The Blade Runner license is not available for making any product. Believe me, we've tried. So, we're trying to show it some love!

Also, The Terminator licensor said no to Mystery Minis and Pops. Again, we tried.

Stupid that the Terminator licensor says no to the two most popular lines, but lets you do it for other stuff. Thanks for the update though!
My name is Jared!

I'm looking for the color protos for First Appearance Nightwing, TAS Robin, Robin as Batman, and Carrie Kelley

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue May 05, 2015 5:12 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000

Ah that stinks, I was hoping for Terminator minis myself.

Do you work for Funko? If so, do you have any updates on the Sci-Fi Series 2 minis (such as ETA, or any cuts/adds to the previewed assortment)? Thanks!

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Tue May 05, 2015 7:59 pm

studioki wrote:Im still waiting for a Metropolis robot. One day...one day.

A Maria mini would be awesome!

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 06, 2015 7:56 am

ReisOBrien wrote:

-Ellen Ripley
-Corporal Hicks
-Sarah Connor
-T-1000

Bummer. Terminator.... I could live without. But Blade Runner is right up there as one of my favorite films of all time. Really is a shame that we'll never see a "mini" (or any) version of Deckard. Because that'd just about make my life.

Maybe I'll carve up a few minis and make a custom Deckard myself. The Mal figure from the Sci-Fi line would make for a good body to start with. Might need to sculpt a custom head, though, unless I can find another mini (possibly S3 WD Rick) that can be trimmed to look just right. Then there'd have to be the adjustment of the weapon arm to have him aiming straight down the barrel.... Hmmmm..... I think I could actually do this. We'll see how this goes.

As long as you're here, any tips on what kind of paint would be best to use to come up with a finish adheres well to the material? And possibly what kind of brush/instrument is best for applying the paint?

...... Okay...... I'll stop bombarding you with questions now.

On a completely different, yet on topic note: \:D/ I FINALLY PULLED THE MARS ATTACKS MINI!!!! \:D/
The North Remembers.

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Wed May 06, 2015 2:46 pm

ReisOBrien wrote:The Blade Runner license is not available for making any product. Believe me, we've tried. So, we're trying to show it some love!

Shame about Blade Runner. Seems crazy that the Terminator licensor would nix Mystery Minis or Pops. They're fine with Funko bobleheads, various action figures, Bearbrick, and Minimates, but not two of the most popular collectible lines right now? Weird!

There are still so many great Sci-Fi properties out there without those two, but the T-800 is pretty iconic. Hopefully that licensor comes around.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:On a completely different, yet on topic note: \:D/ I FINALLY PULLED THE MARS ATTACKS MINI!!!! \:D/

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm totally going to have to buy him. I've been to three different Gamestops trying to find that little guy to no avail. Maybe Hot Topic? Oh well, ebay's got a few choices! I'll just bite the bullet. Totally worth it though.

I hope the Alien Queen and three mechas from Series 2 don't get cut. They look sooooo good!

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu May 07, 2015 1:33 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
MannieTheDragon wrote:On a completely different, yet on topic note: \:D/ I FINALLY PULLED THE MARS ATTACKS MINI!!!! \:D/

Congrats! That's awesome! I'm totally going to have to buy him. I've been to three different Gamestops trying to find that little guy to no avail. Maybe Hot Topic? Oh well, ebay's got a few choices! I'll just bite the bullet. Totally worth it though.

I hope the Alien Queen and three mechas from Series 2 don't get cut. They look sooooo good!

I actually followed the advice of someone who posted in this thread: If you shake the box very gently, keeping it close to your ear, you can actually hear the two pieces of plastic that make up the helmet rattling against each other. The figure and helmet are in the same bag, but the two helmet pieces are in a separate, sealed part of the bag. So It was extremely faint. But I did it a few times to make sure, and even had my sister (with me at the time) do the same to confirm I wasn't hearing things. Plus, if it helps, I pulled it out of the bottom/right/back spot. And given that the top layer of boxes had dust on them, I'm thinking that was exactly where the figure was supposed to be. It's a really cool figure. But I'm a little bummed that the helmet/dome doesn't snap together and stay in place on the figure's head. Oh well...
The North Remembers.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Woo-hoo! I just shared this with MannieTheDragon, but I got the Martian as well! I shook it to hear the rattle and finally found an odd one. I literally jumped for joy when I opened it up! It's also important to note he doesn't move around a lot when you shake the box, weighs the same as Robocop and Dredd, and makes that shaking noise like mentioned previously. Very happy to have him after 5-6 attempts! It was the last nearest Gamestop to me and they had only 6 boxes left. I was worried I was too late, but there he was just waiting to be picked up! :)

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Thu May 07, 2015 11:54 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Woo-hoo! I just shared this with MannieTheDragon, but I got the Martian as well! I shook it to hear the rattle and finally found an odd one. I literally jumped for joy when I opened it up! It's also important to note he doesn't move around a lot when you shake the box, weighs the same as Robocop and Dredd, and makes that shaking noise like mentioned previously. Very happy to have him after 5-6 attempts! It was the last nearest Gamestop to me and they had only 6 boxes left. I was worried I was too late, but there he was just waiting to be picked up! :)

Congrats ShyGuyPal!

Call me James.

Return to “Blind Bags”