Sci-Fi Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
ShyGuyPal

Re: Sci-Fi Minis

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri May 08, 2015 12:55 am

misterjstewart wrote:Congrats ShyGuyPal!

Thank you as well! Without the advice from you and Mannie I couldn't have picked him out!
Now my Sci-Fi collection is complete (in terms of ones I wanted), except for one more figure...

I can't wait for Series 2!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 am

I'll have to try this shaking trick. Now if someone could figure out how to spot a Rocketeer, I would be set.
Pop! Count: 77

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 08, 2015 2:44 pm

HavokAndChaos wrote:I'll have to try this shaking trick. Now if someone could figure out how to spot a Rocketeer, I would be set.

You and me both. I looked back through this entire thread. And there isn't even mention of a layout with him in it. Oh well... Guess he'll have to be the unicorn of my collection unless I get really lucky. Or just bite the bullet and buy him off of Ebay.
The North Remembers.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Tried to listen for a rattle, found two that kinda did it - but I guess I just convinced myself I heard something... pulled a fourth Tron (at least this one glows in the dark) and my first Judge Dredd. *sigh* at least I know now that it needs to rattle A LOT, not such a subtle thing... I dunno, maybe it's to eBay - unless anyone here has a spare.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Sat May 09, 2015 11:13 pm

Is there an estimated reveal time for Series 2 or any of the other minis? The Funko Blog will update about it eventually, but I wasn't sure if there was an expected time for news in general.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 am

I tried to listen for a rattle and pulled a glow in the dark Tron
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

Pobble

Postby Pobble » Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Opened my first ever sci-fi mini today, found this little guy inside!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi, I'm Jamie

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Mon May 11, 2015 10:26 pm

Pobble wrote:Opened my first ever sci-fi mini today, found this little guy inside!

Congrats!
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 pm

davemoseley wrote:Tried to listen for a rattle, found two that kinda did it - but I guess I just convinced myself I heard something... pulled a fourth Tron (at least this one glows in the dark) and my first Judge Dredd. *sigh* at least I know now that it needs to rattle A LOT, not such a subtle thing... I dunno, maybe it's to eBay - unless anyone here has a spare.

Propellarhead9 wrote:I tried to listen for a rattle and pulled a glow in the dark Tron

Must be a right of passage... The first time I swore I heard the rattle... It was a Tron! That... is a really odd coincidence.
The North Remembers.

Batfan

Postby Batfan » Tue May 12, 2015 11:14 am

Nice pull, Pobble!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue May 12, 2015 11:21 am

Congrats to all our recent Martian pullers! I had to resort to eBay for him; although I did find two Rocketeers so I guess it evens out in the end.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Tue May 12, 2015 9:56 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Congrats to all our recent Martian pullers! I had to resort to eBay for him; although I did find two Rocketeers so I guess it evens out in the end.

Two??? You, uh.... feel like parting with one of them?
The North Remembers.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed May 13, 2015 6:21 am

Kept one and traded the other, sorry!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Kept one and traded the other, sorry!

Hey, can't blame me for trying, right? No big deal, though. I'll either get it or I won't. Either way, having the Mars Attacks alien is a good consolation prize. Especially knowing that I only paid $6.99 for it. :D
Last edited by MannieTheDragon on Thu May 14, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The North Remembers.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 pm

I've called a dozen stores in Orlando and none of them have any cases of SciFi minis in stock, nevermind finding one that MAY have the Martian in... throwing out a request here for any spare Mars Attacks figures from you guys, I'm running out of patience with eBay - everyone's either $50+ or bundled with 20 other minis I don't need (which leads to prices rising). I'm willing to pay a reasonable price, especially as I don't have any rare ones to trade (but ask and I'll happily give you my dupes list).

I have a few weeks, I'm basically looking so I can put this series to rest, plus I want it to be part of a makeshift "LootCrate" box I'm making for my wife's birthday.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Thu May 14, 2015 10:33 pm

davemoseley wrote:I'm running out of patience with eBay - everyone's either $50+ or bundled with 20 other minis I don't need (which leads to prices rising).

I suppose I'm guilty as charged. I sell on ebay. And I sold my Mars Attacks! Alien on ebay today with the duplicates I had left over from the sci fi series. But before you judge me too harshly... Right now I'm unemployed with a back injury that severely limits the kind of work I can do. I REALLY didn't want to even sell it. Because I was so happy when I finally managed to find one. But I didn't really have much of a choice. Because of my situation, I can't keep everything I buy. Or I wouldn't be able to maintain an income. And I especially wouldn't be able to keep collecting the Funko Pops and Minis I enjoy collecting so much. So I have to find a delicate balance of what to keep for myself. And what to sell to pay the bills and be able to afford more pops and minis.

That's not to say that there aren't sellers who are not collectors. And sell solely to make money. But not all of us are like that. I'm a collector. And because of that, I really hated having to sell him.

Anyway. I'm always hunting for more minis. And the local Toys R' Us where I pulled mine had 4 relatively untouched cases. I'm heading back there this weekend to do some more hunting. And I plan on checking to see if I can find another Mars Attacks! Alien. If I do, I can't guarantee if I do find another, I won't keep it for myself. But I'll definitely keep you in mind.
The North Remembers.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Finally pulled my first double today. Now I have 2 Judge Dredds.
My Collection:

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue May 19, 2015 11:28 am

I watched Forbidden Planet yesterday and really enjoyed Robby the Robot in it. It makes me appreciate the figure more.

I am watching the mediums that the figures I have are from (if I haven't seen them before). I'm doing this with other movies too, but I'm trying to give these other movies a chance too. Firefly is one I've been wanting to watch for awhile, so it's next on my list when the library gets it back in stock! Maybe I'll watch Mars Attacks and Judge Dredd next.

Pooly_69

Postby Pooly_69 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:23 pm

AAAAAAAHHHHH! I STILL HAVENT HAD ANY LUCK FINDING ANY PREDATORS!!
If anybody has dups of any preds please let me know! I have a Few Minis Im willing to trade from Marvel, DC, Horror or TWD.
Please Let Me know! IM DESPRATE! LOL
POPS-102
ON THE WAY-10

ON HOLD-4

MINIS-77
COLLECTING SINCE JAN '15

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed May 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Lucky pull Jamie!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:52 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:I watched Forbidden Planet yesterday and really enjoyed Robby the Robot in it. It makes me appreciate the figure more.

I am watching the mediums that the figures I have are from (if I haven't seen them before). I'm doing this with other movies too, but I'm trying to give these other movies a chance too. Firefly is one I've been wanting to watch for awhile, so it's next on my list when the library gets it back in stock! Maybe I'll watch Mars Attacks and Judge Dredd next.

I did the same thing. I recently watched Forbidden Planet and This Island Earth, because I'd never seen them and was interested to see Robby the Robot and The Metaluna Mutant in action. They were both fun little movies.

I also recently re-watched some movies I hadn't seen in a while thanks to both the Sci-Fi and Horror minis reminding me of them. The four Alien movies, Shaun of the Dead, and The Lost Boys were a few that I watched. Next on my list are Mars Attacks, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, The Iron Giant, Galaxy Quest, and The Crow.

I hope you have fun with your movies and TV shows too!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed May 20, 2015 8:15 pm

zoomfactor32 wrote:I did the same thing. I recently watched Forbidden Planet and This Island Earth, because I'd never seen them and was interested to see Robby the Robot and The Metaluna Mutant in action. They were both fun little movies.

I also recently re-watched some movies I hadn't seen in a while thanks to both the Sci-Fi and Horror minis reminding me of them. The four Alien movies, Shaun of the Dead, and The Lost Boys were a few that I watched. Next on my list are Mars Attacks, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, The Iron Giant, Galaxy Quest, and The Crow.

I hope you have fun with your movies and TV shows too!

Thanks! You as well! If you haven't watched Iron Giant, I totally suggest it! I love that movie. I want to see This Island Earth, but after seeing scenes from Mystery Science Theater 3000 it might be hard to take it seriously. :P

I saw Silence of the Lambs recently because I heard it was a classic and I had the Hannibal Lector mini. Very sick and spooky movie, but well made. I ended up appreciating the Hannibal mini because of how well the acting was. I am one of those people that can enjoy the figure without knowing much about them, but sometimes knowing their background makes me appreciate them a lot more.

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Sat May 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Huge thanks to Mosspath2 for trading with me for the elusive (to me at least!) Mars Attacks Martian :D Until I find a Jayne at a rasonable cost, I have everything I want from this set!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks again to misterjstewart for all his help with getting me Predator! I'm really happy to have him!

I put together the concept art of the series 2 figures in case anyone's interested. I'll update it later when the assortment's given, but I had fun making it. It also made me learn who some of the characters were that I didn't know about.

The last one I put as Klingon, but is it a specific Klingon? Or not even an Klingon? I've seen him before, but couldn't put my finger on it... I wonder if there will be an exclusive or two this time around like the Malcom one from Loot Crate. Let me know if I messed up on any of them, thanks! :)
Last edited by ShyGuyPal on Wed May 27, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Wed May 27, 2015 12:53 am

ShyGuyPal wrote:Thanks again to misterjstewart for all his help with getting me Predator! I'm really happy to have him!

I put together the concept art of the series 2 figures in case anyone's interested. I'll update it later when the assortment's given, but I had fun making it. It also made me learn who some of the characters were that I didn't know about.

The last one I put as Klingon, but is it a specific Klingon? Or not even an Klingon? I've seen him before, but couldn't put my finger on it... I wonder if there will be an exclusive or two this time around like the Malcom one from Loot Crate. Let me know if I messed up on any of them, thanks! :)

Last one looks like Alan Rickman's character from Galaxy Quest, but Im not sure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/GalaxyQuestCast.JPG/250px-GalaxyQuestCast.JPG

Yep. Galaxy Quest. So thats the first Galaxy Quest figure.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed May 27, 2015 1:01 am

MiniDeadpool wrote:Last one looks like Alan Rickman's character from Galaxy Quest, but Im not sure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/81/GalaxyQuestCast.JPG/250px-GalaxyQuestCast.JPG

Yep. Galaxy Quest. So thats the first Galaxy Quest figure.

Awesome, thank you! Time to make the correction!
Wow, Tony Shalhoub from Monk is in that movie too! They sure had a lot of big hitters in there!

studioki

Postby studioki » Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am

I was holding off on watching This Island Earth too because of the MST3K movie. However, the MST3K movie is an extremely abbreviated version of the film, which they had to edit down for time. The complete movie is still corny B-movie fun, but has a more cohesive narrative than what MST3K presented.

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Wed May 27, 2015 7:06 pm

I just got two blind boxes as a thank you gift from one of my students (GITD Tron and Robby). How awesome is that? I'm gonna take the ones I have in my completed set and swap these two out when I get home.

On a related note: Tron guys are nearly impossible to get rid of. If you give one away, another one comes along.

Call me James.

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:03 pm

misterjstewart wrote:I just got two blind boxes as a thank you gift from one of my students (GITD Tron and Robby). How awesome is that? I'm gonna take the ones I have in my completed set and swap these two out when I get home.

On a related note: Tron guys are nearly impossible to get rid of. If you give one away, another one comes along.

That is really great one of your students would give you Mystery Minis! Congrats of the ones you got too!

It's funny how different the blind box experience can be for different people. Judge Dredd was the one I pulled many multiples of, while I only ever puller one Tron.

studioki

Postby studioki » Thu May 28, 2015 5:53 pm

I have more ETs than I have friends. So you know...at least three.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:09 pm

After getting my 3rd Judge Dredd and 2nd GITD Tron I think I am done buying at retail. I need to try and trade out for the 2 commons that I don't have. I still need ET and Robocop.
My Collection:

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Sun May 31, 2015 9:58 am

Was almost done but apparently I'm getting ripped off by an eBay seller so back to missing the clear Predator and Jayne. Bought a box at GameStop and ended up with my fifth Mal. Arghhhhh!

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:01 am

studioki wrote:I have more ETs than I have friends. So you know...at least three.

lol lol lol Sometimes I feel like my toys are my only friends...

Call me James.

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 am

I have a Jayne mystery mini I'm trying to unload. I'm not sure how difficult he is to get, but how many non-rare figures can you usually trade for a rare one?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:45 am

Most people usually just do the math, for example 2x 1:12 = 1:24, etc etc.

Really depends on how hot the figure is, who wants it and how desperately they do.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 am

RogueSolo wrote:Most people usually just do the math, for example 2x 1:12 = 1:24, etc etc.

Really depends on how hot the figure is, who wants it and how desperately they do.

Good to know! Thanks!

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:23 am

cool looking collections.

Pobble

Postby Pobble » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:07 pm

skinny_puppy123 wrote:I have a Jayne mystery mini I'm trying to unload. I'm not sure how difficult he is to get, but how many non-rare figures can you usually trade for a rare one?

I'm need Jayne for my collection, sent you a pm
Hi, I'm Jamie

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Finally finished my Sci-Fi set! Clear Pred arrived last week and Jayne showed up today! Woohoo!

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:19 am

Congrats, Voodoo_Lou!

Call me James.

Return to “Blind Bags”