Educate me on Minis, please

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Educate me on Minis, please

Postby Jezter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm

I have had wobblers for a couple years, just started on Pops a couple weeks ago and now I find myself interested in the minis. Can someone tell me how it works with them? Do you just buy one item and it's a mystery as to which character is in it? Is it possible if I bought two TMNT boxes I could get two of Raphael, or would there be a different one or a way to tell what's in the box? I'm sorry if there is this info somewhere, I've just found myself interested in the TMNT, Horror and Nightmare Before Christmas ones and possibly Marvel.

Side note: How come there doesn't appear to be a Wolverine yet, or am I just not seeing it?

Thanks for any info and help with educating me! :D

:blush:
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Suprcel

Re: Educate me on Minis, please

Postby Suprcel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 pm

They are blind boxes, you don't know what characters in in each box.
With the TMNT, a case of 12 will have one of each. so if you get 2 boxes out of a new case of 12, then they will be different.
Other sets have a more random assortment.

I made a checklist to show all the Mystery Minis that have been made.
http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=50430
Hello, I'm Brian.

Collector of:
Marvel, Game of Thrones, Disney, Whatever my Wife wants, Whatever my Kids wants.

:) Collect what you like, and Value them in Smiles not dollars.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Mystery Minis are blind boxed - that means you won't know what's inside until you open it (and are then unable to return to the store). You could very well end up with duplicates depending on what the breakdown per case is. You'll often see number such as 1:12, 1:24, 1:144. Those signify your chance of getting that figure.

If there are 12 figures per case, and something is listed as 1:12, it's guaranteed to have 1 in each case. 1:24 means there's only 1 of that figure in 2 different cases. Rare or chase is usually 1:48 or the ghastly 1:144, 1 figure out of 144.

A lot of collectors either by a case at a time to try and get all/as many of the figures in that wave as possible. Or you can do it like I do, grab a couple here and there from the store, and if you don't get the figure you were looking for, resort to buying it loose (already opened to identify what's inside the box) from a secondary seller, like eBay.

There's always trading too, if you end up with duplicates. Hope this helps, and welcome to the world of blind boxes, it's addicting!

Definitely check out Suprcel's lists, he's done a bang-up job of listing everything out.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Thank you both very much, I had a feeling it was like that but wanted to know for sure before I jumped in head first. My gf loves Nightmare before Christmas and Horror movies, so it should be fairly easy to get her involved and thus, less drama to spend money on them. I saw the list and think it's amazing, great job Supercel!

Thanks again...I might have to look into minis as well as Pops!! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Return to “Blind Bags”