Would anyone else just prefer the minis to not be Blindboxed

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Re: Would anyone else just prefer the minis to not be Blindb

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 am

I hate blind boxes. I'm not going to walk into a store, spend $50 on five boxes and hope that I get a piece I want, only to end up with 2-3 pieces that I'd want to melt or throw in the trash (yes, that's how much I dislike some of the minis). I'd rather buy the ones I wanted for. I've noticed that if you wait long enough, you could probably buy the pieces you want for less than the price of a single, newly released, blind box.
I'm Abe

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:13 am

But that involves having some modicum of patience lol
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Pocketmego wrote:I was watching a video unboxing the Guardians Minis blindboxes and thinking of the upcoming Scifi series and it occurred to me. I used to kind of like Blind boxes and blind bags, but my tolerance just isn't there anymore. Do I really want to go through 4 Leatherface minis to get to an Ash or a Video Game Jason? Or am I just thinking, a nicer Window box like MY POPS IS SO MUCH LESS OF A PAIN IN THE BUTT.

I know Blind packaging has its place and can be charming, but maybe I'm just becoming too much of a crotchety old man. I see a blindbox and think...yeah for like 3 dollars more I can just buy a pop I don't have and know exactly what I'm getting.

What's the consensus on this?

Yes absolutely, I do indeed concur whole heartedly
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Oneiromancer

Postby Oneiromancer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm

I've been doing blind boxes forever it started w/ Magic, Pokemon, and Yugioh cards and escalated to Heroclix and Star Wars minis which led to Kidrobot and now Funko Blindboxes I love them yea it sucks to not get who or what you want but another part which I think is the best part of blind boxing is meeting some people who enjoy it and buy as much as you do, it makes the "awww I got this guy I don't want and he's gonna go back in the box in the closet" to "awww I got this guy I don't want" *friend pipes in* "He's the one i've been looking for can I trade this the guy you want for him?" and that's just an example which has actually happened to me. The point i'm trying drive home here is make some friends and trade the dupes.

Return to “Blind Bags”