Frozen Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
ginaf20697

Re: Frozen Mystery Minis

Postby ginaf20697 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:20 am

PrincessPhie wrote:I just got one of the young Elsas! :)

If anyone is in the NYC area, they were part of a Frozen display in the kids section on the second floor of the Barnes and Noble in Union Square. Still plenty left when I was there (seemed they opened two cases?). They were $5.95 each.

Thanks for the tip. I went to my local B&N and got a couple. These are going to be addicting!

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:22 am

These look really well done! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Got Pixie Dust?

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:01 pm

B&N website showed my local store had some but by the time I got there 3 had already been bought, so I walked out since I'm trying to buy a full case to start. Hoping the other B&N in my town or Wal-Mart gets some soon.

studioki

Postby studioki » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Just bought one, I really like the size of them. Smaller than most mystery minis, or at least Ana is.

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Oh good to see B&N carrying them. How smaller are these than your average Mystery Mini anyway? Big as those tiny Pops?

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 am

I ordered a full case of these which should be delivered today (my first full case of mystery minis!). I'll be sure to post up a layout when they arrive.
Who is this Hans?

studioki

Postby studioki » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:20 am

No. My perception of them may be slightly skewed because all Ive gotten are the young version of the characters. They arent as small as the pocket mini pops.

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Pop Person wrote:I ordered a full case of these which should be delivered today (my first full case of mystery minis!). I'll be sure to post up a layout when they arrive.

Where'd you order from?

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:16 pm

mmcvey wrote:
Pop Person wrote:I ordered a full case of these which should be delivered today (my first full case of mystery minis!). I'll be sure to post up a layout when they arrive.

Where'd you order from?

I ordered from a seller on Amazon and probably spent too much money on them.
Who is this Hans?

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:35 pm

They came and I ripped into them like a kid on Christmas, so I don't know the exact layout of the case. However, I did get the 1/72 Marshmallow (which is disappointingly a double for me), and I found him in the top front, right corner of the case. The 1/24 Marshmallow (also a double) was on the top in the back right. I also got Sven in this case. Olafs are extremely light and were on the bottom. Anna and Kristoff were the two in the bottom back of the box. Hope this helps in someway! My case doesn't have a layout number, but it's easy to know if you've found it because the Marshmallows are extremely heavy figures.
Who is this Hans?

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:07 am

I must have this complete set!

I have watched people open their cases on YouTube and it seems the layouts are all over the place.

I did get an upside down Olaf,top right corner in the front and I found my 1/24 Marshmallow on the top, left back corner
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:23 am

TigerLily1276 wrote:I must have this complete set!

My thoughts exactly. All I'm missing is the Troll, the 1/24 Young Anna, Coronation Elsa and Frozen Anna. At this point, I'm waiting for them to pop up on Amazon pre-opened. I bought some from Barnes and Noble and got the 2 Marshmallows and Sven and then ordered a case and had the misfortune of getting the exact same three rares I already had.

So it's amazon, or else I'm hoping to trade my extra Sven and/or extra 1/72 Marshmallow for any of the remaining figures.
Who is this Hans?

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:02 am

You're lucky then! I hope to get some rare ones!
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Does anyone know if there are going to be Hot Topic exclusives?
Who is this Hans?

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Yes there are going to be three. Picture courtesy of popvinyls.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:33 pm

DeannaF7 wrote:Yes there are going to be three. Picture courtesy of popvinyls.com

When are these coming out at hot topic? I want to try to grab a case.
Who is this Hans?

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:41 pm

I would guess in the next week or so.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks!
Who is this Hans?

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 am

In stock at Entertainment Earth now. Ordered two cases and they're offering free shipping, so it actually winds up being cheaper than getting them at Barnes and Noble. Hopefully they are two different assortments (I requested as much) and I can post a breakdown when I get them.

Now I just have to wait for a call from Hot Topic about their stuff getting in.

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Has anyone seen these in a hot topic yet? I'm waiting on the call from HT and I'm getting anxious.
Who is this Hans?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 pm

Pop Person wrote:Has anyone seen these in a hot topic yet? I'm waiting on the call from HT and I'm getting anxious.

Yes. They're out on the West Coast. Mine got theirs today and I just picked them up.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
Pop Person wrote:Has anyone seen these in a hot topic yet? I'm waiting on the call from HT and I'm getting anxious.

Yes. They're out on the West Coast. Mine got theirs today and I just picked them up.

Awesome! That means they're a few days away from the East Coast. Which ones did you wind up getting?
Who is this Hans?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:25 am

Pop Person wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

Awesome! That means they're a few days away from the East Coast. Which ones did you wind up getting?

I'll post a pic of what I got tomorrow.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:37 pm

I just bought a case of the HT one off Popcultcha :P I will regret this later lol

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Here are the ones I got (not including dupes of ones I already had).

Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:36 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:Here are the ones I got (not including dupes of ones I already had).

So you got all three exclusives in the HT case? Hope that's the same for me, although I could do without anymore Marshmallows. I already have two of each. I'm hoping for an Ice Anna, Coronation Elsa, Young Anna or Pabby.
Who is this Hans?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Pop Person wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Here are the ones I got (not including dupes of ones I already had).

So you got all three exclusives in the HT case? Hope that's the same for me, although I could do without anymore Marshmallows. I already have two of each. I'm hoping for an Ice Anna, Coronation Elsa, Young Anna or Pabby.

These came from three different cases. However there is a case assortment that does have all 3 HT exclusives. There is also a case assortment that has Frozen Anna, Coronation Elsa, and Young Anna (playing with dolls). That was the case assortment that I got from B&N.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

Pop Person

Postby Pop Person » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
Pop Person wrote:

These came from three different cases. However there is a case assortment that does have all 3 HT exclusives. There is also a case assortment that has Frozen Anna, Coronation Elsa, and Young Anna (playing with dolls). That was the case assortment that I got from B&N.

I know of the Frozen Anna, Coronation Elsa, Young Anna set - I just haven't been lucky enough to happen upon one. Do you know what the assortment number is for the 3 HT exclusive case?

Did you pull from the same spots in every case?
Who is this Hans?

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Pop Person wrote:I know of the Frozen Anna, Coronation Elsa, Young Anna set - I just haven't been lucky enough to happen upon one. Do you know what the assortment number is for the 3 HT exclusive case?

Did you pull from the same spots in every case?

I do not know which case it is. I pulled most of mine from the top half.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

doctony

Postby doctony » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 pm

nice!!

Disconnekted

Postby Disconnekted » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:06 am

Found a single mini at B&N tonight. I picked it up and knew from the weight it had to be a Marshmallow.

It's shockingly heavy when compared to average Minis.

Ended up being the 1/72.

My wife is happy.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 am

My HT had a fresh case in yesterday, but I just didn't feel like digging through the case to try and find the heavy boxes.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 am

That Olaf looks like he's having a blast. :)
Got Pixie Dust?

SarahK

Postby SarahK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:52 pm

I bought two Frozen Mystery Minis from Hot Topic today. I got young Elsa with the snowball and Kristoff. I am happy with both of them, especially the Elsa b/c she is my favorite character. However, I am really disappointed with this Hot Topic now. When I was looking at individual boxes in the store, each one had tape on the bottom. I didn't really think anything of it. But when I got home and opened the boxes up myself, I discovered they had been opened already at the bottom (looked like they were cut open with an x-acto knife or something), and the black bags were torn open as well. I can't help thinking this is super unprofessional. I have a hard time believing a customer could do that, so I think it must have been an employee looking for a particular one. Really annoyed and tempted not to go to that HT anymore. :/ Has anyone else encountered this? With any Mystery Minis, not just Frozen?
❤ Sarah

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 pm

SarahK wrote:I bought two Frozen Mystery Minis from Hot Topic today. I got young Elsa with the snowball and Kristoff. I am happy with both of them, especially the Elsa b/c she is my favorite character. However, I am really disappointed with this Hot Topic now. When I was looking at individual boxes in the store, each one had tape on the bottom. I didn't really think anything of it. But when I got home and opened the boxes up myself, I discovered they had been opened already at the bottom (looked like they were cut open with an x-acto knife or something), and the black bags were torn open as well. I can't help thinking this is super unprofessional. I have a hard time believing a customer could do that, so I think it must have been an employee looking for a particular one. Really annoyed and tempted not to go to that HT anymore. :/ Has anyone else encountered this? With any Mystery Minis, not just Frozen?

I've seen people complain about this before. You need to contact corporate and report the store. Employees should not be opening the merchandise.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm

SarahK wrote:I bought two Frozen Mystery Minis from Hot Topic today. I got young Elsa with the snowball and Kristoff. I am happy with both of them, especially the Elsa b/c she is my favorite character. However, I am really disappointed with this Hot Topic now. When I was looking at individual boxes in the store, each one had tape on the bottom. I didn't really think anything of it. But when I got home and opened the boxes up myself, I discovered they had been opened already at the bottom (looked like they were cut open with an x-acto knife or something), and the black bags were torn open as well. I can't help thinking this is super unprofessional. I have a hard time believing a customer could do that, so I think it must have been an employee looking for a particular one. Really annoyed and tempted not to go to that HT anymore. :/ Has anyone else encountered this? With any Mystery Minis, not just Frozen?

Wow thats crazy.
I just bought a MM on a whim at HT and the box itself came wrapped in plastic. Were yours? All of them were like that where I looked, so maybe dont buy any you find that dont have the plastic?

I would also complain to the manager about that. It is awful. If they want to get a certain figure, but them like everyone else!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

SarahK

Postby SarahK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm

@Deanna: Thank you for the advice. I was wondering if I should contact them about it; now I know that I will do just that. These were my very first Mystery Minis ever, and the experience was kind of ruined because of this.

@Missauru: That's the thing, they did have the plastic wrap around them still. I guess the tape should have been a warning sign anyway, but it just didn't occur to me that someone would have opened them already. Now I know.. :/
❤ Sarah

brand42

Postby brand42 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:09 pm

I've seen tampered boxes of minis at Target before. From my experience, it tends to be customers who do this - buy a bunch, open up, reseal unwanted ones and then get an exchange/refund from the store.

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:40 am

mmcvey wrote:
Assuming no duplicates in boxes of 12, there should be 6 different cases.

YA = Young Anna, YE = Young Elsa, CE = Coronation Elsa

1.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, Sven, YA I
2.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, Sven, CE
3.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, Sven, Marshmallow I, Upside-down Olaf
4.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, YA I, CE, Frozen Anna

5.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, YA I, Marshmallow I
6.) Anna, Elsa I, Olaf I, Kristoff, Elsa II, YE I, YE II, YA II, Olaf II, CE, Marshmallow I

Bolded the two standard assortments I've opened and completed. These were both new cases from Entertainment Earth and had all three rares on the top-right side. The last spot in the remaining 4 assortments are made up of either a 1/36 or a 1/72.

GeneralSod

Postby GeneralSod » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Poop. So I bought two, got both Marshmallows...but the crown was broken off and missing from the chase version. Does anyone know if Funko replaces individual figures?

Return to “Blind Bags”