Walking Dead Series 3 Minis - Best one yet!

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
saul_damascus

Re: Walking Dead Series 3 Minis - Best one yet!

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:35 pm

EddiesToyBox wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:
EddiesToyBox wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:
RogueSolo wrote:Best I can suggest is order 12 and hope they just ship you an entire case due to laziness.

lol Ok maybe that's what I'll do. I wonder what day they feel the laziest... :-k Thanks

I ordered 13 and they sent 13 seperate ones in a huge box haha.

Shoot :-/ Did you get any of the Hot Topic exclusives? :bounce:

Eugene and Bandana Daryl that batch but now I have more Eugene then I know what to do with.

Ill take a eugene if you still have him. Pm me please
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Just an FYI for those hunting Hot Topics for their mystery exclusives. My sister called me the other day asking me to confirm the look of the box and that it showed the exclusives on the back. I said yes. Apparently at the store she was at, they had normal Series 3 boxes. Not sure if the store got a regular box instead or someone tricked the store by returning regular boxes bought somewhere non-Hot Topic and the employee didn't notice. Just a heads up to be careful.

saban

Postby saban » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I've seen that happen with some of the Game of Thrones mystery minis. I believe the store just got a regular case in along with the Hot Topic one. The boxes come shipped with the price tag already on them. It would be hard for someone to return a non Hot Topic case unless they had old price tag stickers from previous boxes.
IG: vickyisodd

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:38 pm

I can't believe how much rosita is going for on line
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Ninian

Postby Ninian » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:09 pm

I've purchased two cases plus a few individual boxes from Hot Topic (plus, probably another case from other stores), and I'm down to needing Headless Hershel, Bloody Glenn, and Rosita. I don't mind chase and exclusive figures, but I really wish the Hot Topic exclusives were simply variants, and not completely new characters.

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:19 am

I picked up 9 at Books a Million. No dupes so I'm pretty happy. This is a really nice batch. Got reg and bloody Daryl, Rick, Carol, Maggie, Glen, Tyrese, Abraham and maggot head zombie. Shame there aren't more zombies. Going to hate trying to snag the Hot Topic characters.

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am

how easy is it to find the motorcycle?

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:27 am

Guneagle01 wrote:how easy is it to find the motorcycle?

You have a 1/24 chance of finding one, so it isn't too hard. From the unboxing videos I have seen there seems to be one in every case. Plus I think it is a bit heavier than the other minis, so it should be kind of obvious. I haven't tried to find one myself yet, but I suppose my Daryl does need his bike...

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:32 pm

I had two sealed 12 box displays from Entertainment Earth and of the 24 boxes one was a motorcycle. I went to Walmart the day before yesterday, and snagged a bloody Glen. I hit Hot Topic yesterday and now "only need" Rosita and Headless Hershel lol. No problem right? XD I'll be tallying up my duplicates and post them here. I live in the middle nowhere, but so wish there was a local trading group. Bah lol.
I'm Lyn. I know, confusing because I'm also Noctu. In real life I have a whole face too. Your mind blown yet? If not, keep talking... It's bound to splatter. XD

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Noctu wrote:I had two sealed 12 box displays from Entertainment Earth and of the 24 boxes one was a motorcycle. I went to Walmart the day before yesterday, and snagged a bloody Glen. I hit Hot Topic yesterday and now "only need" Rosita and Headless Hershel lol. No problem right? XD I'll be tallying up my duplicates and post them here. I live in the middle nowhere, but so wish there was a local trading group. Bah lol.

Cool wish you would do a video of your unboxing.

Ninian

Postby Ninian » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm

I have only found one motorcycle in the two plus cases I have purchased.

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:09 pm

I've never really thought of doing unboxing videos before... Too bad I opened them all already. :( I dunno how many more sealed ones I am going to buy either hoping to get lucky. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind for the next series of minis I get obsessive over. Haven't tallied up my duplicates but will soon! (Although it is too late to unbox anything, I could still put together something... Grab a few photos of what I have thus far or some such.)
I'm Lyn. I know, confusing because I'm also Noctu. In real life I have a whole face too. Your mind blown yet? If not, keep talking... It's bound to splatter. XD

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 am

Found a new case at HT yesterday, pulled Top mid left and Bottom mid right, and got Maggie and Maggot Walker.

So... dupes if anyone needs them :rolleyes:
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:37 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Found a new case at HT yesterday, pulled Top mid left and Bottom mid right, and got Maggie and Maggot Walker.

So... dupes if anyone needs them :rolleyes:

I do need Maggie...*bats eyelashes*

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 pm

I can't tell if you're talking about the mini or the actress ;)
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:12 pm

So I grabbed a few shots of my collection as it stands right now…

23787 23788

Then I decided to focus on a few characters… after the fact, I realized I should maybe have done this for all of the rarer ones but honestly, I got sidetracked and took other photos and now have to find the right forums for them to go in because each one of these photos is worth one thousand words and I have 7k worth I need to post somewhere!

23792 23791

23790 23789

My duplicate list will be coming soon… Actually had started compiling it then blew it off to edit the photos. Don't judge me. (Well okay, you can judge me a little. But I totally took a picture of my whole display, and Series 1 & 2 and a Frozen character and some Firefly stuff, and some more stuff that I didn't upload… You know… I think I've had too much coffee today.)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Apparently I'm just going to stalk all your mini show-off posts. I can't help it, I just love the little guys!

I'm jealous of all the rares you have for this set!
Marty
Funklub member #1093

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 pm

RogueSolo wrote:I can't tell if you're talking about the mini or the actress ;)

I am talking about the mini. :P Though if you wanted to send me the actress I wouldn't mind hanging out with her. :3

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Apparently I'm just going to stalk all your mini show-off posts. I can't help it, I just love the little guys!

I'm jealous of all the rares you have for this set!

You're a very friendly stalker. I approve. I have one more picture and I've no idea where it should go. It's a semi horrible picture of my whole display. XD I am probably the most addicted to the Walking Dead series of minis… I feel like I need a support group.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:31 pm

I don't watch the television show, but I have played the games before. Is there a chance they'd put in characters from the games? I'd love figures of Lee, Clementine, and Kenny.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:46 am

Got my second of these minis.
And I opened the bag to see a head rolling off!
So 1 Rick Grimes and 1 Headless 1/72 Hershel out of 2.
Not bad.

Needs: Rosita/Eugene mini mystery

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:08 am

Are there any case layouts floating around for this series? I'm looking at a case from EE and I'll share my results if I pull the trigger, but I have the motorcycle, Daryl sans bandana and the long-haired female walker and just wondering if cases have any duplicates or if all 12 are unique from each other?

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 am

This is an awesome series. So glad to have completed it.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

studioki

Postby studioki » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 am

I should have completed it but didnt. I had two beaten up glenns at one time. Then no glenns and a headless hershall. Dont really feel like searching for a third glenn and the glow zombie (only two im missing now). So I think im just going to trade my 1/72 and 1/36s and keep the base set (which is pretty nice to begin with).

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:13 pm

So last week, I ordered a few more from Hot Topic, which the site only let me order 3. They arrived today and I got the chase of bloody Tyrese, so I'm one step closer to having them all. But then I looked at the boxes and not a single box showed the Hot Topic exclusives. I hope the 3 they let me order this week are their exclusives, but I have a bad feeling they won't be. Yet another reason Hot Topic exclusives are a pain in the butt.

The other two was my second of the female walker and I think my 3rd Abraham. I really need to get a list and pics of all my doubles before I'm completely overrun by the minis.

Stacy in IL
Last edited by stacyinil on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:19 pm

At least Abraham is a 1:24?
Marty
Funklub member #1093

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:49 pm

True, on the bright side, 2 chases out of 3 boxes isn't bad.

Stacy in IL

Ninian

Postby Ninian » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:51 pm

I've got quite a few duplicates, willing to trade multiples for the three rares (Zombie Hershel, Bloody Glenn, Rosita) that I need. I know there's a specific buy/trade/sell forum that I don't have access to yet, so I don't feel comfortable posting a list of what I have, but if anyone is interested or willing to help out, send me a pm.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 pm

So I am pretty bummed. I got the glow in the dark Golf Club walker tonight, but his head was broken off. It won't be a hard a fix, I just need to get some superglue, but it is the first figure I have ever gotten that has been damaged in any way. :(

Ninian

Postby Ninian » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:55 pm

I have a Daryl with his cross bow arm broken off in package and a Timon from Lion King with what I thought was a broken left arm floating in the bag with him, but it's actually another right arm. The Timon one disappointed me the most because it was for my fiancé to go with her Pumbaa. Other than that, I've been pretty lucky with all my pulls (as far as quality control).

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:57 pm

On quality control, I've gotten a Sheldon with an arm broken off, that popped right back on. Pumba with both ears broken off that I glued back on with Aileen's Tacky Glue. Both purple Minions had an arm broken off and again just glued those on.

My Hot Topic order arrived and first, whew! they were all in the Hot Topic exclusive boxes. There was like the 7th maggot zombie which my sister has taken all of them for a zombie hoard. I got the 3rd Eugene. Then my sister opened the last box and yay! Rosita. I think I'm letting her open up more boxes as she was also the one to open the Martian in the Sci-Fi series. So I'm one step closer, I just need Bandana Daryl and the glow in the dark golf club walker.

Stacy in IL

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:21 pm

stacyinil wrote:On quality control, I've gotten a Sheldon with an arm broken off, that popped right back on. Pumba with both ears broken off that I glued back on with Aileen's Tacky Glue. Both purple Minions had an arm broken off and again just glued those on.

My Hot Topic order arrived and first, whew! they were all in the Hot Topic exclusive boxes. There was like the 7th maggot zombie which my sister has taken all of them for a zombie hoard. I got the 3rd Eugene. Then my sister opened the last box and yay! Rosita. I think I'm letting her open up more boxes as she was also the one to open the Martian in the Sci-Fi series. So I'm one step closer, I just need Bandana Daryl and the glow in the dark golf club walker.

Stacy in IL

Congrats on getting Rosita and inching closer to finishing your collection! I caved in and bought Rosita on ebay a while back. I've got no patience. :bounce:

As for QC, I've only had one broken mini so far. **Knocks on wood** I got a GITD one-eyed walker from TWD series two with his head snapped off. I was able to successfully glue him back together.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 pm

No quality issues here, but my other issues include 3 Maggot Zombies, 3 Maggies, and a 2nd Abraham.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

saban

Postby saban » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 am

stacyinil wrote:On quality control, I've gotten a Sheldon with an arm broken off, that popped right back on. Pumba with both ears broken off that I glued back on with Aileen's Tacky Glue. Both purple Minions had an arm broken off and again just glued those on.

Stacy in IL

Congrats on the Rosita. Would you happen to be able to get the weight of her? I'm trying to figure out if she's on the lighter or heavier side when I go box shaking at my local HT.

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:46 am

I didn't shake the boxes when I got them, just handed my sister one. I just compared her and Eugene on the postal scale at work and she's lighter than Eugene, about half his weight or so.

Stacy in IL

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:58 am

stacyinil wrote:I didn't shake the boxes when I got them, just handed my sister one. I just compared her and Eugene on the postal scale at work and she's lighter than Eugene, about half his weight or so.

Stacy in IL

So, in other words, she's probably one of the lightest boxes? I can usually figure out most of the GoT series figures easily enough. But the Walking Dead blind boxes have all been a bit of a nightmare for me. Though, by some stroke of luck, with having bought only 7 blind boxes, I've managed to pull both the Bloody Glenn & Headless Herschel. Though Herschel was easy because I could feel the head rolling around separate from the body (Which I don't think is the way it's meant to be packaged.) But aside from that, the rest have been the maggot (2) & golf club (2) zombies, and a regular Herschel. Meh.
The North Remembers.

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Yeah, but then you're problem is that there is also Carol and Maggie who are both light too. I don't have them nearby to weigh.

I think anyone buying these will probably end up with that darn maggot walker and multiples of him too.

The have to get Washington DC group together at last.

ImageHave to get to DC by stacyinil, on Flickr

Stacy in IL

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:07 pm

stacyinil wrote:Yeah, but then you're problem is that there is also Carol and Maggie who are both light too. I don't have them nearby to weigh.

I think anyone buying these will probably end up with that darn maggot walker and multiples of him too.

Stacy in IL

peronsally I'd love to get a carol or maggie figure... or anything other than the damn golf club and maggot walkers. :(
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:48 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
stacyinil wrote:Yeah, but then you're problem is that there is also Carol and Maggie who are both light too. I don't have them nearby to weigh.

Stacy in IL

peronsally I'd love to get a carol or maggie figure... or anything other than the damn golf club and maggot walkers. :(

Oh they look so awesome! If you want I have Carol and Maggie.

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am

If she's half the weight of Eugene then she would be even lighter than Carol and Maggie

Return to “Blind Bags”