Thoughts about Inside Out getting its own series of minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
tinkerbell055

Thoughts about Inside Out getting its own series of minis

Postby tinkerbell055 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Anyone else kinda wondering what the thinking was behind giving Inside Out its own series of mystery minis? Don't get me wrong, I think they're really cute and I have a mighty need for those Sadness minis... it just seems like a little bit of a "leap of faith" sales-wise (as opposed to say the Frozen series, which they knew would most likely fly off the shelves, or the HtTYD/Despicable Me series, which are established franchises). :P

Do you think they'll start releasing solo series for more Disney/Pixar movies? I'd have been all over a Big Hero 6 series tbh. And I'd definitely buy Beauty and the Beast or Toy Story minis, among others. ;)

justFUNKOmeup555

Re: Thoughts about Inside Out getting its own series of mini

Postby justFUNKOmeup555 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 pm

I was a little surprised by this as well, but I bet they took the leap of faith since they are so cute and seem like pretty easy to make figures.
Erin | Pops: 100+ | Minis: 85 | Dorbz: 4 | Vixens: 2 | Rock Candy: 3

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 am

I was very surprised when they got announced. I mighr get a box or two for fun, but unless I really love the movie itself, I don't think I'll be collecting for a whole set.

tinkerbell055 wrote:Do you think they'll start releasing solo series for more Disney/Pixar movies? I'd have been all over a Big Hero 6 series tbh.

Oh gosh YES. I'd love any BH6 minis. I'd even love just seeing a Baymax or Hiro included in one of the general sets.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:23 am

I assume they're banking on another Pixar smash-hit. As long as the release date for the series matches up with the release date for the film, I bet they're going to sell pretty well.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 pm

I want to try and collect these! Apparently the film aired at CinemaCon and it got a VERY good reaction, and from the sounds of things people who worked on it are convinced this will be their best movie so far (and maybe ever). It sounds like an overhype maybe, but I think Pixar genuinely believes it but are kinda hesitant to broadcast that thought process because they're still proud of their other movies too (plus they might be scared future movies will be held to a new all time high). I think that's the main reason Funko was willing to take a risk. Everyone in the biz seems convinced that this movie will strike gold.

Also, I think we all know who the two mystery minis will be of (pixar fans have known for months haha). I'm curious what the poses look like though.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Pixar has never done wrong, as far as I am concerned (Sequels aside). I think its a good decision.

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 pm

I honestly don't like the look of the characters but I can see how people would want to look for a specific emotion/character and buy until they find it so yeah def a risk but it does open up the idea of Disney/Pixar Mystery Minis for the future.

[crosses fingers for a Mickey & Friends set with at least two Plutos]

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:37 am

I used to be kinda iffy about the character designs too but then more images were released and I began to love how glowy/sparkly the emotions are (they're supposed to be made of energy particles) and how they contrast with the real world characters. Also, I wonder if they'll make pops or vinyls of the creepy clown and Riley, since they've made a vinyl of the unicorn? I'm pretty sure the 2 secret ones will be Bing Bong, since he's apparently an important character (I'll probably end up collecting him lol).

Return to “Blind Bags”