Opinion time: full box MMs?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
CanDMan47

Opinion time: full box MMs?

Postby CanDMan47 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:47 am

With money being a lower factor for me, I ask your opinion on whether I should buy a case or two of the new AoU mini mystery boxes, or should I buy a few random, then fill in with ebay, or the boards? No right or wrong, just your opinion, please.

:withstupid: SW1 SW7

PS: we need Marvel smilies!
My name is John, but I go by Candy or Candyman, too.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Opinion time: full box MMs?

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:02 am

If money isn't as much of a concern, you might be better off buying two cases to try and get more of the uncommon figures. You would then likely be stuck with a second set of the "base set" to try and trade/sell, and still be short a few rares.

Alternately, you could buy one case to get the base set and a few uncommons, then resort to trading or buying the rest of the figures you want.

Are you trying to build the entire set? Or just get the figures you're most interested in.

As far as I've seen (with a quick search on Google) we don't know the ratios for those figures yet.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

missauru

Postby missauru » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:06 am

Go for the cases
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

HavokAndChaos

Postby HavokAndChaos » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:36 am

Cases is probably the way to go. Has anyone posted the AoU ratios anywhere? Haven't seen them yet.
Pop! Count: 77

EddiesToyBox

Postby EddiesToyBox » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 am

With mystery minis I swore them off because of the chase of certain characters. However, when Frozen and The Walking Dead series 3 was announced I knew it was like leaving the mob. You try, but they pull you back in. That being said I waited until I could get a case of each from Hot Topic with the BOGO, or online with the 40% off flash sale. They were each a little over $65. So it wasn't that bad. So I'd suggest buying a case if you really are keen on collecting the entire set. Then you could sell your doubles off and try to use that money on pieces you didn't get.
Find me on all these things:
https://instagram.com/EddiesToyBox
https://www.youtube.com/c/EddiesToyBox
https://twitter.com/eddiestoybox
https://www.facebook.com/EddiesToyBox1

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 am

It has been confirmed that they are 1/12 meaning unless an error was made you will receive a complete set with each case purchased. Please note that Hot Topic has three exclusive 1/12 pieces. I would buy a case from Hot Topic and if you wanted the 3 non hot topic exclusives I would buy them from ebay, here or facebook.

Image Picture courtesy of popvinyls.com via facebook

EddiesToyBox

Postby EddiesToyBox » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:50 am

DeannaF7 wrote:It has been confirmed that they are 1/12 meaning unless an error was made you will receive a complete set with each case purchased. Please note that Hot Topic has three exclusive 1/12 pieces. I would buy a case from Hot Topic and if you wanted the 3 non hot topic exclusives I would buy them from ebay, here or facebook.

Image Picture courtesy of popvinyls.com via facebook

Well there ya go. 1/12 so it makes sense.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 am

Can anyone tell what it says next to the HT excl. Black Widow?
Marty
Funklub member #1093

EddiesToyBox

Postby EddiesToyBox » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:01 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Can anyone tell what it says next to the HT excl. Black Widow?

I tried to look it up, but I can't find anything. I'm wondering the same thing.

Update: Looks like she'll have a blue suit, and standard might have a black one.

missauru

Postby missauru » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:09 pm

It says:

Metallic

Black Suit

Metallic
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 pm

With the 1/12 ratios, a case would be a great start. In theory you'll get a complete set. In reality, you'll probably come up one or two short with dupes.

Then ebay/trade for what you're missing.
Funklub: 11181

CanDMan47

Postby CanDMan47 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Thanks all, for the almost unanimous opinion. That buying a case is my best bet. I'm definitely looking for the full set. I either forgot, or just didn't know that there were 3 HT Exc. in the set. So that begs my next question, should I buy two cases from HT, or one from HT and one cheaper, if I find it. I guess if I get the BOGO, it wouldn't be cheaper?.. Do we have a release date on these yet. I'm a little anxious to get going on them. SW3

How does one go about trading with the least likelyhood of being "taken"? I imagine the best answer is using these boards?

Thanks for the continued opinions.
John
:withstupid:

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:48 pm

It's probably better to buy a regular case and a HT case.
Rodney Image

CanDMan47

Postby CanDMan47 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:34 am

rkwo wrote:It's probably better to buy a regular case and a HT case.

Since I'm asking opinions, there's no wrong or arguments from me.

I'm curious, why do you think that's the better way to go? I would've thought HT BOGO would be the way. If I were to guess what you're thinking, and it's just a guess, is try my luck on the one HT box and trade/sell/buy the ones I still need. Am I on the right track? Or are you going in a completely different direction?

This is my first serious jump into the world of Minis, so I'm trying to learn all I can, that's where all these questions are coming from, so I thank you in advance.
John

CanDMan47

Postby CanDMan47 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm now trying to figure out this HT Exclusive part of the case. In the pictures posted above, is the the shot on the right the back side of every mystery box? Or is it the back of just the HT boxes?

I pre-ordered what I think is the regular case last night. So when it comes, will there only be 9 different figures max in the case? Then I'd have to find the HT case for the chance of the three HTs? Silly question: why can't I find the HT case anywhere online? I know I should be looking at the HT site, but it's nowhere to be seen there, or anywhere. I think I searched all of eBay too.

So am I on the right track here? If so, when and where will I be able to find the HT case to order, or pre-order? And I'm still wondering about the last statement by rkwo. Wouldn't two from HT at BOGO, have been better at the time? Why or why not?

I'm sure this will bring on more questions, but besides fun, isn't this why we are all here?

Thanks,
John

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:41 am

CanDMan47 wrote:I'm now trying to figure out this HT Exclusive part of the case. In the pictures posted above, is the the shot on the right the back side of every mystery box? Or is it the back of just the HT boxes?

I pre-ordered what I think is the regular case last night. So when it comes, will there only be 9 different figures max in the case? Then I'd have to find the HT case for the chance of the three HTs? Silly question: why can't I find the HT case anywhere online? I know I should be looking at the HT site, but it's nowhere to be seen there, or anywhere. I think I searched all of eBay too.

So am I on the right track here? If so, when and where will I be able to find the HT case to order, or pre-order? And I'm still wondering about the last statement by rkwo. Wouldn't two from HT at BOGO, have been better at the time? Why or why not?

I'm sure this will bring on more questions, but besides fun, isn't this why we are all here?

Thanks,
John

With a non Hot Topic case you will get all 12 non Hot Topic exclusive figures .
With a Hot Topic case you will receive 9 of the regular figures and all three Hot Topic exclusives.
Hot Topic doesn't let you pre-order a case online. You may be able to get them to order one for you instore.

I hope this makes sense but I haven't had my morning coffee so it may not.

CanDMan47

Postby CanDMan47 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:25 pm

I think I get you. Unless there is a factory error, I should have waited to see my HT manager and order a full unwrapped case and would have got all 12, including the 3 exclusives.

Since I jumped the gun, and pre-ordered the EE (or someone else's), I'll end up with the 9 plus three others. Are those random, or is there a pattern of the 3 repeats?

I recognize your qualifier that it also hinges on possible factory errors.

I appreciate your help. I think this is the best answer to this "mystery" lol that I've received.

I think I'll end up buying an HT case when it comes out. Then I'll have several trades available.

Thanks, again,
John

DeannaF7

Postby DeannaF7 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:59 pm

CanDMan47 wrote:I think I get you. Unless there is a factory error, I should have waited to see my HT manager and order a full unwrapped case and would have got all 12, including the 3 exclusives.

Since I jumped the gun, and pre-ordered the EE (or someone else's), I'll end up with the 9 plus three others. Are those random, or is there a pattern of the 3 repeats?

I recognize your qualifier that it also hinges on possible factory errors.

I appreciate your help. I think this is the best answer to this "mystery" lol that I've received.

I think I'll end up buying an HT case when it comes out. Then I'll have several trades available.

Thanks, again,
John

I had pre-ordered a case a few months back at Entertainment Earth.
The case you ordered will have the complete set of 12 that are available at all others stores besides Hot Topic. Basically the difference between a case at Hot Topic and Entertainment Earth would be
Hot Topic Entertainment Earth
Metallic Blue & Silver Iron Man Regular Blue Silver Iron Man
Metallic Iron Man Regular Iron Man
Blue Suit Black Widow Regular Black Widow
Thor Thor
Vision Vision
Hawkeye Hawkeye
Hulk Hulk
Captain America Captain America
Hulkbuster Hulkbuster
Ultron Ultron
Iron Man Iron Man
Nick Fury Nick Fury

The 3 Hot Topic exclusives I'll probably just buy them from ebay instead of having to sell or trade the extras from a second case.

perfectgame34
HoF 2017 & Spirit
HoF 2017 & Spirit

Postby perfectgame34 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:58 am

^Exactly. If you already ordered a case from another retailer, and then bought a case from HT, you would definitely have 9 duplicates, plus the 3 only found in "regular" cases, and the 3 HT exclusives. 15 different minis + 9 dupes.

You should think more about are you willing to take on the 9 duplicates and try to sell or trade them off? Or would you rather be at the mercy of paying what someone else decides the HT exclusives are worth? Neither answer is wrong, just what you would rather do!
IG & Twitter: @yokomccann

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:23 pm

I have a feeling you're going to have a hard time unloading your duplicates, but that's just me.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:19 pm

:-k I'd imagine better odds in the cases.

Return to “Blind Bags”