Mystery Minis Leg Fix?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
SilverMonkey

Mystery Minis Leg Fix?

Postby SilverMonkey » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

The issue is I have about seven mystery minis with one leg shorter than the other making it difficult to stand them up... I found using a small folded up piece of paper as a wedge helps but i wondering if you guys know of any other solutions.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Mystery Minis Leg Fix?

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:52 pm

I know sticky tack is a favorite around here, might help to stick that under the short foot.

I was thinking about trying a dab of hot-glue under the shorter foot to make up the difference, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 am

I had been considering sticky tack myself. However, I seem to remember it leaving a kind of grease spot or discoloration on posters and paper. Can anyone who uses sticky tack with their minis comment on whether that affects them or not? It would be much appreciated. =D>

SilverMonkey

Postby SilverMonkey » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:55 pm

The reviews say it doesn't leave oil or greasy marks behind... Plus its cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/Saunders-Removabl ... stick+tack

justFUNKOmeup555

Postby justFUNKOmeup555 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 pm

I haven't had any problems with sticky tack! I used it to make my Adventure Time minis stay on top of their tins and it worked perfectly.
Erin | Pops: 100+ | Minis: 85 | Dorbz: 4 | Vixens: 2 | Rock Candy: 3

Noctu

Postby Noctu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:41 pm

I had similar issues with a "suicidal" Rick (several times a day I would find that he toppled from the shelf, uncaring that I had made a tiny wedge of cardboard for his foot... In a rage he would take out Carl and a zombie when he fell, just to show his displeasure at the indignity that I had caused him). This sent me on a similar search as yours, but I was hesitant to use sticky tack because I remember it leaving grease spots on my posters back in the day. What I have settled on is Quake Hold Museum Putty in neutral color. It's been working perfectly, but as a cautionary note, the included instructions warn that it too can leave an oily mark which may be removable with lighter fluid, trichloroethane, dry cleaning fluid, or Goo-Gone. Good luck!
I'm Lyn. I know, confusing because I'm also Noctu. In real life I have a whole face too. Your mind blown yet? If not, keep talking... It's bound to splatter. XD

SilverMonkey

Postby SilverMonkey » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 pm

I got Loctite sticky-tak and it's working out great! No grease or oily marks! I used about two little squares for about six figures.

Voodoo_Lou

Postby Voodoo_Lou » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:11 am

SilverMonkey wrote:I got Loctite sticky-tak and it's working out great! No grease or oily marks! I used about two little squares for about six figures.

I use the same thing. Works great. Pennywise still takes a dive every once in awhile, but I think his is a weight problem.

Return to “Blind Bags”