Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
studioki

Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby studioki » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:59 pm

Just saw Game of Thrones series 2 released and on sale. Bought three boxes. Got Possed Hodor (1/72) Drogon (1/24 - which I like a lot more in person than in the promo art) and Littlefinger (1/12). I would say this is a good start.

missauru

Re: Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby missauru » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Where did you find them?
Nice picks, btw :)
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

studioki

Postby studioki » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:05 pm

I was very pleased with them. I actually bought two at first, then left the store, only to walk back because I felt I needed more. The one I picked was the chase. This goes to show that you must always give in to temptations and you can never have enough of what you desire. You must always purchase more. MORE!!!! I got it at Golden Age Collectibles in Seattle.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 am

I can confirm the release of these. Got an email from bigbadtoystore that they shipped my two cases. Eeek. Exciting.

missauru

Postby missauru » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:40 pm

I ordered a case too and it shipped. Cant wait to rip em open :D

Side question, does bigbadtoystore tend to get things before EE? Theirs is in stock while EE still says preorder.
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm

missauru wrote:I ordered a case too and it shipped. Cant wait to rip em open :D

Side question, does bigbadtoystore tend to get things before EE? Theirs is in stock while EE still says preorder.

My case from EE has shipped and should be delivered sometime today
Dorian Arloe

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm

CyberSteak wrote:I can confirm the release of these. Got an email from bigbadtoystore that they shipped my two cases. Eeek. Exciting.

They should give you a commission because your mention of them having cases online caused me to immediately place an order for my first ever full case (I usually just bought individual boxes) plus the Robot Devil Pop!

It shipped today!

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:54 am

Just curious but what retail shops would I be able to find them at and when?

Needs: Rosita/Eugene mini mystery

sasari

Postby sasari » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:34 am

Need box orders for future picks :D Do you remember which place you pulled Hodor from?

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:25 am

danzaddiction wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:I can confirm the release of these. Got an email from bigbadtoystore that they shipped my two cases. Eeek. Exciting.

They should give you a commission because your mention of them having cases online caused me to immediately place an order for my first ever full case (I usually just bought individual boxes) plus the Robot Devil Pop!

It shipped today!

It makes sense. Buying a full case almost gets you the full collection without any doubles. Then you just have to fill in the chase figures. Better then having a bunch of dupes.

CactusDan

Postby CactusDan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:23 pm

Time to hit up Hot Topic!

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:31 pm

mmcvey wrote:Assuming no duplicates in boxes of 12 and with the given rarities there should be 6 different cases for GoT 2nd Edition (hooray for no 1/144s). You can figure out all but the last figure for the 6 unique cases.

1.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Mountain
2.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Grey Worm
3.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Drogon
4.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Mountain, Grey Worm
5.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Mountain, Drogon
6.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Grey Worm, Drogon

Two of those cases will have the Wight as the 12th figure, two will have Viserion, and then Metallic Drogon and Hodor II will be in one each.

Quoting my post from the original thread. I received the two cases I ordered from Gemini today. They are lettered assortments and I got assortment A and B. However, contrary to my initial thinking, they repeated the pairing of the two 1/24 figures (I thought they would go with the six unique combinations).

A.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor, Hound, Drogon, Warged Hodor
B.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor, Hound, Drogon, Wight

In all likelihood this means assortment C will have the Hound/Drogon pair as well and then the three after will all have a Mountain/Grey Worm pair. At least we know where one of the 1/72 figures is.

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:05 pm

mmcvey wrote:
mmcvey wrote:Assuming no duplicates in boxes of 12 and with the given rarities there should be 6 different cases for GoT 2nd Edition (hooray for no 1/144s). You can figure out all but the last figure for the 6 unique cases.

1.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Mountain
2.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Grey Worm
3.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Hound, Drogon
4.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Mountain, Grey Worm
5.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Mountain, Drogon
6.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor I, Grey Worm, Drogon

Two of those cases will have the Wight as the 12th figure, two will have Viserion, and then Metallic Drogon and Hodor II will be in one each.

Quoting my post from the original thread. I received the two cases I ordered from Gemini today. They are lettered assortments and I got assortment A and B. However, contrary to my initial thinking, they repeated the pairing of the two 1/24 figures (I thought they would go with the six unique combinations).

A.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor, Hound, Drogon, Warged Hodor
B.) Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime, Sansa, Brienne, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Hodor, Hound, Drogon, Wight

In all likelihood this means assortment C will have the Hound/Drogon pair as well and then the three after will all have a Mountain/Grey Worm pair. At least we know where one of the 1/72 figures is.

I will post my case and layout when I get it in the mail. It has been shipped already. I'm so pumped.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Ugh. Having my case shipped to Canada the cheapest way possible means I'm likely another week and a half away from finding out what I'm getting.

In the meantime...this thread needs pics!!!

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:10 am

Going to bump and restate my last post here, but in what shops have you guys found these at?
And just to make sure, is the Jaime Lannister a regular or an exclusive? I thought I read somewhere that it's a Hot Topic exclusive but I think I'm wrong.
If anyone knows, please help me with it. Thanks.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 am

iamjuan8 wrote:Going to bump and restate my last post here, but in what shops have you guys found these at?
And just to make sure, is the Jaime Lannister a regular or an exclusive? I thought I read somewhere that it's a Hot Topic exclusive but I think I'm wrong.

I can't answer where to find them in physical store, but I picked up my cases from bigbadtoystore. Jaime was the chase figure in wave 1. He's common this time around.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:35 am

CyberSteak wrote:
iamjuan8 wrote:Going to bump and restate my last post here, but in what shops have you guys found these at?

I can't answer where to find them in physical store, but I picked up my cases from bigbadtoystore. Jaime was the chase figure in wave 1. He's common this time around.

Alright.
Thank you so much.
I can finally get a Jaime then :)

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:12 am

iamjuan8 wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

Alright.
Thank you so much.

Hi I think there are two Jamie's in series 2. First there is the regular 1/12 edition of him you can buy at any store and then there is a 1/12 Hot Topic Exclusive that is holding a sword.
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:19 am

APOPCALYPSE wrote:
iamjuan8 wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

Alright.
Thank you so much.

Hi I think there are two Jamie's in series 2. First there is the regular 1/12 edition of him you can buy at any store and then there is a 1/12 Hot Topic Exclusive that is holding a sword.

Ooh. I think that's it then. Thanks for this.
Will be sure to get my boxes at Hot Topic as well then.

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:56 am

iamjuan8 wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:
iamjuan8 wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

Alright.
Thank you so much.

Ooh. I think that's it then. Thanks for this.
Will be sure to get my boxes at Hot Topic as well then.

You're welcome :-) Happy I could help \:D/
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 am

APOPCALYPSE wrote:Hi I think there are two Jamie's in series 2. First there is the regular 1/12 edition of him you can buy at any store and then there is a 1/12 Hot Topic Exclusive that is holding a sword.

Crap! I don't think I knew that. Well I'm not sure I'm going to worry about that one. I paid a ton for the wave 1 Jaime. I don't want to have to chase after another variant. If I'm able to trade for one, then maybe I'd go that route.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:47 am

CyberSteak wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:Hi I think there are two Jamie's in series 2. First there is the regular 1/12 edition of him you can buy at any store and then there is a 1/12 Hot Topic Exclusive that is holding a sword.

Crap! I don't think I knew that. Well I'm not sure I'm going to worry about that one. I paid a ton for the wave 1 Jaime. I don't want to have to chase after another variant. If I'm able to trade for one, then maybe I'd go that route.

I think Jaime is a Hot Topic exclusive but it's also 1/12
It should not be as expensive as Jaime from Wave 1 which was 1/144
The variant Jaime is just more 'rare' as it's only in Hot Topic.
If you can't buy some at Hot Topic, trading or even buying on eBay should be okay. It definitely won't be as expensive but I don't know.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:37 pm

iamjuan8 wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

I think Jaime is a Hot Topic exclusive but it's also 1/12
It should not be as expensive as Jaime from Wave 1 which was 1/144
The variant Jaime is just more 'rare' as it's only in Hot Topic.
If you can't buy some at Hot Topic, trading or even buying on eBay should be okay. It definitely won't be as expensive but I don't know.

Well I'll have a case full of commons to play with for trades so maybe something will play out.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Anybody have any idea when these are going to be at Hot Topic and Barnes and Noble? Do they even sell them by the case?
Hi, I'm Merri!

willbfree

Postby willbfree » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 pm

My assortment "E" had the usual plus the yellow dragon, the Mountain, and Greyworm.

It did not have the Hound, the Skeletor guy, the red dragons, or bloody Hodor.

I did not record the layout. All in all a good assortment though I'd have preferred the Hound instead of Greyworm.

Because I am stil a season behind on the show I've avoided learning too much about that small black & white wave that happened in between wave 1 and 2, but is it true that there are characters who were made in black & white who have NOT been made in color? What's up with that?

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 am

willbfree wrote:I did not record the layout.

You had ONE JOB, Tarly.

I kid - ;-) But seriously -would someone that bought a case please let us know the lay of the land?

Dire ghost

Postby Dire ghost » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:56 am

Help. I can't find any in stores! I'm in the albany, NY area. Have checked Target, Barnes n Noble, Hot Topic, Wal-mart... I can only find series 1. Any advice?

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:40 pm

willbfree wrote:My assortment "E" had the usual plus the yellow dragon, the Mountain, and Greyworm.

It did not have the Hound, the Skeletor guy, the red dragons, or bloody Hodor.

I did not record the layout. All in all a good assortment though I'd have preferred the Hound instead of Greyworm.

Because I am stil a season behind on the show I've avoided learning too much about that small black & white wave that happened in between wave 1 and 2, but is it true that there are characters who were made in black & white who have NOT been made in color? What's up with that?

I'm not a fan of any of the dragons this go around. Hoping I get lucky by 1) not getting any or 2) getting one of the chase ones so I can flip it for any I'm missing (or pay off a case).

And you haven't watched Season 4? WHAT!?!?!? What's the excuse there? Season 5 starts tonight!!!

The In Memoriam figures did in fact have some figures that haven't been released yet.

Dire ghost

Postby Dire ghost » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:33 pm

I just got assortment C
From the top row in the back, left to right:
Hound
Catelyn Stark
Petyr Balish
Daenerys
Drogon
Wight
Bottom row, starting in the back. Left to right
Hodor
Oberyn
Jaime
Tyrion
Brienne
Jon Snow

Please everyone else post what they find too! The bad part, the shipping box has the assortment letter, Not the display box.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:14 pm

I just watched a PAINFUL unboxing video of assortments D & E this is what they came up with:

D -Top Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Brienne • Sansa
• Jon Snow • Littlefinger
Grey Worm • Dany

D - Bottom Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Hodor • Jaime
Mountain • Tyrion
• Oberyn • Chase Drogon

E -Top Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Brienne • Sansa
Grey Worm • Dany

E - Bottom Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Hodor • Jaime
Mountain • Tyrion
• Oberyn • Viserion

All this seems to be QUITE different than the C case above. This isn't going to be easy, is it?

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:58 pm

Dire ghost wrote:I just got assortment C
Hound
Drogon
Wight

Nothing special about Drogon or the Wight? If not, it seems case B and C are identical.

So so far we have

A) Commons + Hound, Drogon, Warged Hodor
B) Commons + Hound, Drogon, Wight
C) Commons + Hound, Drogon, Wight
D) Commons + Grey Worm, Mountain, Chase Drogon
E) Commons + Grey Worm, Mountain, Viserion

Still no sign of my two cases. Hoping to see them some time this week though. *fingers crossed*

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 am

TadGhostal wrote:I just watched a PAINFUL unboxing video of assortments D & E this is what they came up with:

D -Top Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Brienne • Sansa
Grey Worm • Dany

D - Bottom Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Hodor • Jaime
Mountain • Tyrion
• Oberyn • Chase Drogon

E -Top Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Brienne • Sansa
Grey Worm • Dany

E - Bottom Layer, Back to Front, Left to Right:
• Hodor • Jaime
Mountain • Tyrion
• Oberyn • Viserion

All this seems to be QUITE different than the C case above. This isn't going to be easy, is it?

Love your formatting so much that when I get my box I'll post it using this as a template!
My box arrives tomorrow, I'm super pumped. I also got a Robot Devil POP! as well.

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:48 pm

CyberSteak wrote:
Hound
Drogon
Wight

Nothing special about Drogon or the Wight? If not, it seems case B and C are identical.

So so far we have

Still no sign of my two cases. Hoping to see them some time this week though. *fingers crossed*

The Distribution numbers would seem to dictate that Case F would be identical to Case E.

Too bad, I would have liked getting a case with the Hound and Greyworm in it.

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:51 pm

TadGhostal wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:
Hound
Drogon
Wight

So so far we have

The Distribution numbers would seem to dictate that Case F would be identical to Case E.

Too bad, I would have liked getting a case with the Hound and Greyworm in it.

I also got "C"
Front Right was Wight, normal.
Front Left was Drogon, normal.

Drogon looks pretty cool. This Tyrion is better than the last series and Oberyn and Brienne are really cool too. Hodor is okay, Littlefinger is good, and The Hound looks awesome in person. Jamie, Sansa, Danerys, Jon Snow and the Wight aren't all that good.

Sucks getting Oberyn but not The Mountain, so I'm gonna have to go eBay him. I think I may try to buy Grey Worm too, but haven't decided yet.

Dire ghost

Postby Dire ghost » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

F specials are:
Viserion
Grey Worm
Mountain

Dire ghost

Postby Dire ghost » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:06 pm

I just ordered Warg Hodor for $25 on Amazon

missauru

Postby missauru » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Has anyone heard any word on when Hot Topic will get these? I want their exclusive dragon.....
Image Image

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Here's a closer look at my GoT figures:
Note: I have arranged them with the Starks on the left (behind them are the looming non-humans), the random characters in the middle (with Brienne and The Hound in battle) and the Khal and Khaleesi with her dragons on the right and the Lannisters behind them...
Spoiler: show
with Tyrion shooting his pops in the back right
I need a better display for them because it's pretty hard to see them all with so many of them now.

amandadnama3

Postby amandadnama3 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 am

My case will be here in May! I'll post what I get.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

Ah crap. Just got my cases in. I got assortment B and C. In other words. Two exact duplicates. Haven't opened them up yet. Here's hoping someone goofed!

Return to “Blind Bags”