Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
elinares

Re: Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby elinares » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:19 am

yea I pulled a glow wight and two rhaegals from the bottom front rights as well.
-Hey whats up, I'm Eric

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:56 am

elinares wrote:yea I pulled a glow wight and two rhaegals from the bottom front rights as well.

:love10: :love10: :love10: hot damn! Two GITD wights?!
IG: vickyisodd

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:27 am

Went back for the last two boxes yesterday afternoon, spoke with the other associate who said she had pulled the Sansa, which left me with Brienne and Hodor. Not bad for buying 8 of 12.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm

I bought an untouched case from Hot Topic and the chases were Drogon, Wight, and The Hound. The layout matches Assortment B that someone had posted earlier. Hoping for some luck from other posted layouts to find Rhaegal, Grey Worm, and the Mountain.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

elinares

Postby elinares » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:46 pm

I only have 1 HT around me and i took thier one box. i had to drive to a neighboring city to pick up the 2 rhaegals. My HT manager constantly tells her boss that their store should get more boxes. she sold her 1 case in a day and the other 5 stores near us haven't even sold 10 boxes between all of them haha. But like i said no other places near me even have the regular ones :(
-Hey whats up, I'm Eric

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 pm

:D Finally found a Rhaegal! (bottom front right)
I'm able to exhale now...
There were 2 cases each with 1-2 boxes missing.
Grabbed both from that spot.

:-$ ..the second one was a GID Wight. I couldn't tell until I got home and compared it to the regular one.
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 pm

DZ-R1 wrote::D Finally found a Rhaegal! (bottom front right)

:-$ ..the second one was a GID Wight. I couldn't tell until I got home and compared it to the regular one.

Congrats on both! =D> I am seriously jealous of the wight.
Hi, I'm Merri!

GameOfWhooves

Postby GameOfWhooves » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Congrats. After getting a full case, I need start pulling from that spot to try and get a Rhaegal and GITD Wight for myself.
I'm Bryan.
ISO of Aloy Proto from Horizon Zero Dawn.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 01, 2015 5:06 am

Congrats on the finds! I'll be keeping my eye out for that spot as well now.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 11:56 am

I hate the fact that HT gets exclusive figures. But I LOVE when I actually get my hands on them. Congratulations!
The North Remembers.

EddiesToyBox

Postby EddiesToyBox » Fri May 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I got Rhaegal, Mountain, Grey Worm, and Oberyn. Bah. Passed on all the other boxes because I'm just falling out of love with mystery minis haha.
Find me on all these things:
https://instagram.com/EddiesToyBox
https://www.youtube.com/c/EddiesToyBox
https://twitter.com/eddiestoybox
https://www.facebook.com/EddiesToyBox1

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Fri May 01, 2015 12:44 pm

It's pretty easy to get discouraged with them. I'll definitely give you that. But hey, Rhaegal is definitely a good find. The fact that you pulled that figure means you probably pulled the rarest figure in the box.

Now, if I could just get my damn hands on Viserion!!!
The North Remembers.

saban

Postby saban » Fri May 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Ah I need some of that mojo!
IG: vickyisodd

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:00 pm

I had alot of duds..so keep trying.
Also, I visited a Hot Topic located in a mall that mostly caters to a high end crowd. (too expensive for me)

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:37 am

These are starting to show up at Wal-mart now. Found a box with only one missing and was able to easily find a Rhaegal. Got Dany, Brienne and Jon Snow with the other 3 I grabbed.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 1:09 am

Mewsh1 wrote:These are starting to show up at Wal-mart now. Found a box with only one missing and was able to easily find a Rhaegal. Got Dany, Brienne and Jon Snow with the other 3 I grabbed.

Uh.... Rhaegal is a Hot Topic Exclusive.

-Green = Rhaegal
-White = Viserion
-Black = Drogon
The North Remembers.

Mewsh1

Postby Mewsh1 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:17 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
Mewsh1 wrote:These are starting to show up at Wal-mart now. Found a box with only one missing and was able to easily find a Rhaegal. Got Dany, Brienne and Jon Snow with the other 3 I grabbed.

Uh.... Rhaegal is a Hot Topic Exclusive.

-Green = Rhaegal
-White = Viserion
-Black = Drogon

Doh, I meant Drogon. Sorry:)

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am

Lol. No big deal. I'm just a huge fan of the novels and the show. So I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to names. Admittedly, they can be pretty confusing, even to watchers of the show. because the only dragon that is ever really called by name is Drogon.

On a completely different note... I really wish we'd get the white raven from the original concepts as a chase figure. Of all of the figures, that one was absolutely awesome. We also need more direwolves. Quality direwolves, that look as menacing as they're intended to. Even if it's just a new Ghost. I'd love a better Grey Wind. But he's dead :( And since Summer & Shaggydog are now out of the picture, they're out. Lady is also dead. And Nymeria is god knows where roaming the Westerosi countryside leading a pack of wolves... Really wish they would've covered that aspect of Arya's storyline in the show. Since that's how Catelyn/Lady Stoneheart was found by the brotherhood without banners. Oh well.... Rant over.
The North Remembers.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sat May 02, 2015 12:55 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:Lol. No big deal. I'm just a huge fan of the novels and the show. So I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to names. Admittedly, they can be pretty confusing, even to watchers of the show. because the only dragon that is ever really called by name is Drogon.

False. Viserion and Rhaegal are referred to by their names in the show. Also, it is fine that you are a stickler about names, but you don't need to be an a** about it.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 1:23 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:
MannieTheDragon wrote:Lol. No big deal. I'm just a huge fan of the novels and the show. So I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to names. Admittedly, they can be pretty confusing, even to watchers of the show. because the only dragon that is ever really called by name is Drogon.

False. Viserion and Rhaegal are referred to by their names in the show. Also, it is fine that you are a stickler about names, but you don't need to be an a** about it.

How am I being an a**? Pot, meet kettle.

Yes, they are referred to by name. But never in a situation where the names have been distinguished between the two. Because the two have always been together when their names were used.
The North Remembers.

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Sat May 02, 2015 2:32 pm

So i've got a series 1 Jaime Lannister missing both hands, kinda makes me sad with that quality control :/ If anyone really needs to fill a hole in their collection i'm looking for a Viserion and Metalic Drogon from series 2!

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Sat May 02, 2015 3:50 pm

mackzilla wrote:So i've got a series 1 Jaime Lannister missing both hands, kinda makes me sad with that quality control :/ If anyone really needs to fill a hole in their collection i'm looking for a Viserion and Metalic Drogon from series 2!

I have a Viserion (series 2)! pm me.

missauru

Postby missauru » Sat May 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Poor Jamie!!!! lol
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 pm

They had a full case today at TRU, bought two and managed to get both that I wanted
The dragons are so easy to find since they are really heavy and barely move around in their box when you shake them. But I was probably lucky I found a full case cause im sure they are the first to go, just like the hulkbuster

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sat May 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Guneagle01 wrote:They had a full case today at TRU, bought two and managed to get both that I wanted
The dragons are so easy to find since they are really heavy and barely move around in their box when you shake them. But I was probably lucky I found a full case cause im sure they are the first to go, just like the hulkbuster

Awesome! Do you remember where the dragon was? :bounce:
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 pm

APOPCALYPSE wrote:
Guneagle01 wrote:They had a full case today at TRU, bought two and managed to get both that I wanted

Based on what everyone else in this thread has said, Viserion is almost always in the bottom right front. Really wishing I'd find a box with that layout.... Viserion is the last figure I need to finish off the entire Funko MM GoT collection. Series 1 w/ HT exclusives? Check. In Memoriam? Check. Series 2 w/ HT exclusives? Check.... Minus Viserion. If anyone has an extra, Please, for the love of Pete!!!! PM me!
The North Remembers.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun May 03, 2015 2:00 am

Well....my pulls were awesome in some ways the last few days. I got The Hound and regular Hodor on my first day, reg Hodor was a dupe so I gifted him to my friend. The next day I got dupe Sansa which went to friend and Viserion and dupe regular Drogon, who I am willing to trade for....hmmm both Dany and Tyrion.

iamjuan8

Postby iamjuan8 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:32 am

How can you check which case is which? (Like the lettering)
Thanks.

Needs: Rosita/Eugene mini mystery

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:37 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:

Based on what everyone else in this thread has said, Viserion is almost always in the bottom right front. Really wishing I'd find a box with that layout.... Viserion is the last figure I need to finish off the entire Funko MM GoT collection. Series 1 w/ HT exclusives? Check. In Memoriam? Check. Series 2 w/ HT exclusives? Check.... Minus Viserion. If anyone has an extra, Please, for the love of Pete!!!! PM me!

yep, thats were he was, bottom right front

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sun May 03, 2015 11:43 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
APOPCALYPSE wrote:

Oh ok thanks :-) I've Been reading all post on here but for some reason when I saw this post I thought it said "Hot Topic" even after looking at the pic! lol Guess I shouldn't post things half asleep... :rolleyes: And I'm not going to lie I'm more than a little jealous of your collection... :smt119
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Mon May 04, 2015 2:08 am

Quick question guys. Can anyone confirm the location of the Warged/Possessed Hodor in the regular (not hot topic) cases. I saw one post where the guy pulled from the top back left in the hot topic cases. Was wondering if its different for the regular.

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Mon May 04, 2015 8:29 am

Am I the only who prefers the style of Series 1 over Series 2? I feel like Series 2 looks a little too cartoonish and the figures seem a bit scrawny.
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 am

I thought they carried on the style from the first to the second. If anything, I think the body sculpts are better.

Wondering why they went with a glossy look for training practice Jon Snow though, instead of a matte or even muddy color style.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 am

jandkstuff wrote:Am I the only who prefers the style of Series 1 over Series 2? I feel like Series 2 looks a little too cartoonish and the figures seem a bit scrawny.

In my opinion? Yes. Yes, you are because I think everything about Series 2 is an improvement over Series 1. The characters look better and there is better detail on the sculpting. They may look more scrawny, but appearances can be deceiving and trust me when I say that they aren't. Just buy one of them and you will see that they are better.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

Overall I've been very impressed with the level of detail on Series 2. Also, the paint for the figures I have has been pretty flawless, even for the tiny details. That was a big problem for me on the first series. I have a couple of the rarer ones from series 1 with some pretty jacked up paint jobs.
Hi, I'm Merri!

missauru

Postby missauru » Mon May 04, 2015 11:50 am

I like series 2 a lot more as well!
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Junlea

Postby Junlea » Mon May 04, 2015 5:20 pm

I like them both and I think they maintained the same style, however, I feel some of the eye art on the series two looks a bit weird. Daenyers for example. Sereis 1 Dany looks great and Series 2 looks super derpy imo, an its the fault of the eyes, not the figure. They've als made some of the figures smaller it seems, like they two Tyrions comparatively. Overall though, I really like Series 2.
Gareth in Tampa

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon May 04, 2015 7:25 pm

To add to your point, its strange but I actually think the eye art for Hodor was too Derpy. I understand thats what they are going for with him, but it was a little much. I got the warged Hodor in my first pull and I thought he was awesome (no pupils), then I pulled his normal version and it was like a damn cartoon version. I dont think the new daenarys is bad, but her figure in the first series was my favorite one of the set.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Ok so I finally got around to opening my second case and as expected, it was an exact duplicate of the others. So here's what I have for trade...

Extras
Sansa 1:12
Petyr 1:12
Dany 1:12
Hodor 1:12
Oberyn 1:12
Jaime 1:12
Tyrion 1:12
Brienne 1:12
Jon 1:12
Hound 1:24
Drogon 1:24

Looking For
Drogon - Metallic (1:72)
Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane (1:24)
Grey Worm (1:24)
Hodor - Warged (1:72)
Jamie Lannister with Sword {Hot Topic}
Rheagal (1:36) {Hot Topic}
Viserion (1:36)
Wright (1:36)
Wright (Glow in the Dark) (1:72) {Hot Topic}

So I'm willing to do...

A trade for a 1:24
1:24 straight up for another 1:24
2 x 1:12 for 1:24

A trade for a 1:36
3 x 1:12 for 1:36
1 x 1:12 + 1 x 1:24 for 1:36
3 x 1:12 for 1 x 36
1 x 1:12 + 1:24 for 1:36

A trade for a 1:72
Any combination of 1:12, 1:24 that would equal a 1:72

PoPFox20

Postby PoPFox20 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi,

I just want to thank everyone for their contribution to this thread. I am nearly completed with this series.

I find that this series is more serious is appearance. The color of the hair matches the eyebrows where the 1st set doesn't. I actually like the look of the 1st set cuz it was cuter. Jaime Lannister stump vs Jaime Lannister Gold Hand was a biggy for me.

My big find for today was Viserion. I checked the TRU website and when I wanted to pick it up at store it was out of stock Monday and when I checked today it was in stock. When I got there, sure enough an untouched box was sitting there. I hope that can help anyone looking for unmolested boxes.

I have also been checking BN.com and they finally have it slowing available for in store pick. Though it is true that they take it out of the display box, but I'm sure there's a method of guessing what each one are.

Lastly, I am looking for:
Wight
Metallic Drogon
Possessed Hodor

I have to trade:
Jon Snow
Hodor x 2
Oberyn x2
A Hot Topic Exclusive Jaime Lannister
and some other series 1 pieces

And when I learn to post pic via android phone I will.

Return to “Blind Bags”