Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
CyberSteak

Re: Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:59 am

Ok so I opened up Case B

Top Layer (from back to front left to right)

Hound, Sansa
Petyr, Dany
Drogon Regular, Wight Regular

Bottom Layer (from back to front left to right)

Hodor Regular, Oberyn
Jaime, Tyrion
Brienne, Jon

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:00 am

CyberSteak wrote:Ah crap. Just got my cases in. I got assortment B and C. In other words. Two exact duplicates. Haven't opened them up yet. Here's hoping someone goofed!

SOMEBODY will want to trade for your Hound, Wight and Drogon. Rest assured.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

Well I just cracked into Case C and found The Hound, Wight, and Drogon in the exact same spots.

SOMEBODY will want to trade for your Hound, Wight and Drogon. Rest assured.

Yeah. Trade would be ideal. I think I'll keep the extra Wight though to army build. I'll just have to get the GITD one now (is that a Hot Topics exclusive?). But yes if someone has an extra Grey Worm or Mountain, let me know.

Side Note. The dragons are actually pretty cool. I'm rather surprised that they impressed me as much. Though more dragons was overdoing it I think. Kinda wish these were the dragons in Wave 1. Now these are just going to look all sorts of out of scale with the younger dragons.

studioki

Postby studioki » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Has anyone seen these at hot topic yet?

saban

Postby saban » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:10 pm

studioki wrote:Has anyone seen these at hot topic yet?

They started showing up yesterday at the HT in the Bay Area. Makes me wish I saved a little more hot cash so that I could get a case.
IG: vickyisodd

saban

Postby saban » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 pm

The GITD wight is a HT exclusive and a 1/72 so I'm guessing this will be a lot like chasing Rosita from TWD. I just went into my HT today and got the front right from the bottom layer and it was the exclusive Rhaegal. I also picked front left from the top layer and got Jon Snow.

The dragons will be heavy in comparison to the other figures.

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 am

Hello, I had a question as I'm very new to the mystery minis.

Is it common for stores to take awhile to stock a new series? I've called every store I can think of within 20 miles of my house (Hot Topics, Targets, hobby shops, comic shops, etc...) and they either don't have them at all, or don't have series 2. Just my local Gamestop has series 2, and only a box and they don't know if they'll be getting more or when. Just wanted to know, as I don't want to buy an entire case or individual boxes online.

Another question. Want are the odds I'd be able to trade a Warg Hodor for a Chase Drogon?
Jennifer. Or Jen.

I collect Dragons. :)
Be those dragons POP or mini or other.

saban

Postby saban » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:54 pm

dragon is life wrote:Hello, I had a question as I'm very new to the mystery minis.

Is it common for stores to take awhile to stock a new series? I've called every store I can think of within 20 miles of my house (Hot Topics, Targets, hobby shops, comic shops, etc...) and they either don't have them at all, or don't have series 2. Just my local Gamestop has series 2, and only a box and they don't know if they'll be getting more or when. Just wanted to know, as I don't want to buy an entire case or individual boxes online.

Another question. Want are the odds I'd be able to trade a Warg Hodor for a Chase Drogon?

These usually release from West Coast to East Coast so it might take a little while for them to get to you if you're in Florida. I usually keep checking the Facebook or IG pages of my local Hot Topics. Usually if one has them then the others might as well.

As for trading, it's never really certain with chase pieces. I just depends on demand.

Junlea

Postby Junlea » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 pm

dragon is life wrote:Hello, I had a question as I'm very new to the mystery minis.

Not sure where in Florida you are but I found them yesterdday for the first time here at Emerald City Comics in St. Pete.
Gareth in Tampa

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:16 pm

I see, thank you very much. Basically I just have to fly to Cali. :)

I'll keep my eyes open, I was really surprised and bummed that the three Hot Topics I called didn't have any.

I did manage to get a regular Drogon from my GameStop, though, so happy about that. Just need that Chase Drogon, Viserion, and Hot Topic Rhaegal.
Jennifer. Or Jen.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Well I live in Ohio and I found a few at a Gamestop here, so no need to fly out to Cali just yet.

My two pulls were Oberyn and regular Hodor. I was hoping for a Drogon or Viserion, but I lucked out on getting a Drogon from the last series, so I am not holding my breath.

Speaking of the dragons are the boxes with them in it heavier than the others? Like in the Avengers case you could easily tell which one had the Hulkbuster in it.

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Junlea wrote:
Not sure where in Florida you are but I found them yesterdday for the first time here at Emerald City Comics in St. Pete.

Orange City (Blue Springs). I did find another place in Sanford, but they said they sold out that day and had no idea when they were getting more.

@WickedWonderland: The dragons are heavy in the box(like, very obviously heavy). Those wings make it hard for them to move a bunch if you shake the box, as well.
Jennifer. Or Jen.

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Picked up 2 cases of the hot topic Series 2 today (were not in shippers so i'm not sure which version each was)
-----
Case one

Possessed Hodor / Drogon
Little Finger / Dany
The Hound / Sansa Stark

Bottom
Hodor / The Viper
Jaime Lannister (HT Exclusive) / Tyrian
Brianne / John Snow

Case 2
John Snow / Sansa
Jamie Lannister (ht exc) / Little Finger
Gray worm / Dany

Bottom
Hodor / Breanne
The mountain / Tyrian
Viper / GITD Wight (HT Exc)

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Oh GITD Wight...nice.

Can you put up better pics of the exclusive Jaime?

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:18 am

Will take some today

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Updated Pics of the 2 Hot Topic exclusives

GITD Wight

Jaime Lannister

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 pm

I just need the glow in the dark wight and he is proving to be most elusive!!
Hi, I'm Merri!

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:51 pm

I need 3 dragons and a non gitd wight. Maybe in a few weeks the prices will come down or trades will become available as people get them. The series seems pretty limited release right now

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:52 pm

I have so many duplicates right now it's almost obscene. I went a little crazy on these guys.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Cthulhu Mythos

Postby Cthulhu Mythos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:21 pm

I just wanted to back up what the previous post said about the location of the GITD Wight I went to my local HT today and pulled one from that same location (bottom front right). Also I would say check your HT daily and call all the ones in your area. I had a slightly farther away one hold a case for me, unfortunately i got the regular wight from that. My local one had only received 1 case at that time and it was all picked out. Luckily I was in the area of my local one today for an unrelated reason and decided to just check for the heck of it. A full untouched case was sitting on the shelf so they must have received a 2nd case that day. Dunno if there is some sort of staggered release schedule for these since the employees at my local store said they usually get 2 cases at a time not 1+1 the next day. Either way I was super excited and it definitely shows how much of an addicting roller coaster ride collecting minis can be.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:32 am

synergy56 wrote:I have so many duplicates right now it's almost obscene. I went a little crazy on these guys.

Post what you have and are missing. I know I have a full case of dupes. The only one that's not up for trade is the extra Wight (gotta army build).

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 am

Well, I still need to go through my series 1 and the SDCC ones to check for dupes, but for series 2 all I need is the HT Glow in the dark Wight I have:
1 extra each of:
Hot Topic Jamie with sword
Drogon
Mountain
Hound
Grey Worm
Wight

2 extra each of:
Sansa
Tyrion
Jon
Daenerys
Oberyn
Brienne
Littlefinger
Hodor
Hi, I'm Merri!

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 am

My Game Stop texted my friend to tell me that they got a new box in, and they held it in the back to I could dig into it first. Ended up with another regular Drogon. At this rate I'm never going to get all the dragons. :,)
Jennifer. Or Jen.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm

synergy56 wrote:Well, I still need to go through my series 1 and the SDCC ones to check for dupes, but for series 2 all I need is the HT Glow in the dark Wight I have:
1 extra each of:
Hot Topic Jamie with sword
Drogon
Mountain
Hound
Grey Worm
Wight

2 extra each of:
Sansa
Tyrion
Jon
Daenerys
Oberyn
Brienne
Littlefinger
Hodor

Hmmm. Well I can't offer you anything in trade then. But I would be interested in The Mountain, Grey Worm, and HT Jaime.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:36 pm

CyberSteak wrote:Hmmm. Well I can't offer you anything in trade then. But I would be interested in The Mountain, Grey Worm, and HT Jaime.

Well, give me a week or two to see if I can pick out or trade for my GITD Wight first, then I may be open to trading for some other things 8-[
Hi, I'm Merri!

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 pm

I've got doubles of:
Hot Topic Jaime Lannister
Dany
John Snow
Tyrian
Breaane
Sansa
The Viper
Regular Hodor
Little finger

Need a regular wight, all the dragons except for 1/24 drogon

CactusDan

Postby CactusDan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:01 am

Got my case from BBTS. Wish I would have done an unboxing video because i got very excited when i pulled a 1/72 Hodor! :)

My hot Topic has not got this in yet or so they say. Have to track those down and the ones i didn't get fro the case.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:23 pm

CactusDan wrote:Got my case from BBTS. Wish I would have done an unboxing video because i got very excited when i pulled a 1/72 Hodor! :)

My hot Topic has not got this in yet or so they say. Have to track those down and the ones i didn't get fro the case.

What case allotment did you get?

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:20 pm

I hit a Hot Topic today, and found a box with 3 missing. I hemmed and hawed a bit, but checked the layout and took a swing. - Mountain was right where he was supposed to be, so another swing got me a GITD Wight! It looked like someone grabbed Grey Worm, so I went home and ordered the last case Gemini had.
I guess I hope I get a case E or F, and then trade an extra Mountain for a Hound with someone here.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:03 pm

TadGhostal wrote:I hit a Hot Topic today, and found a box with 3 missing. I hemmed and hawed a bit, but checked the layout and took a swing. - Mountain was right where he was supposed to be, so another swing got me a GITD Wight! It looked like someone grabbed Grey Worm, so I went home and ordered the last case Gemini had.
I guess I hope I get a case E or F, and then trade an extra Mountain for a Hound with someone here.

I got an extra Hound. Need a Mountain.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Well I have officially given up tryting to find the GITD wight. Went to 3 Hot Topics yesterday, 5 cases between them. Bought the lower right front corner of each and nothing. If anyone gets an extra and is willing to trade, please let me know. Even without the collection is looking pretty good!
Here are all my dupes for trade - really only looking to trade for the GITD wight now, if anyone has an extra I would trade for however many you'd like:
Hi, I'm Merri!

studioki

Postby studioki » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:12 pm

You're missing black cloaked Ned variant. Im only saying that because im jealous you have all the HT variants from the original series.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:24 pm

studioki wrote:You're missing black cloaked Ned variant.

Wait...what? Is that a thing?! How have I never heard of this?
Hi, I'm Merri!

CactusDan

Postby CactusDan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Went to Hot Topic today and they got me a full box from the back. Got myself the Mountain, Grey Worm, exclusive Jamie, and Rhageal. Just need Viseron, reguler and GitD wight, and metallic Drogon (don't really have a burning need for it though).

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:30 pm

synergy56 wrote:Well I have officially given up tryting to find the GITD wight. Went to 3 Hot Topics yesterday, 5 cases between them. Bought the lower right front corner of each and nothing. If anyone gets an extra and is willing to trade, please let me know. Even without the collection is looking pretty good!
Here are all my dupes for trade - really only looking to trade for the GITD wight now, if anyone has an extra I would trade for however many you'd like:

*Makes mooneyes at your spare Drogo and Joffery* Literally the last two I need to complete the first series.

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:15 am

Has anyone found these at target or walmart yet?
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

Yeah, the first lot of Game of Thrones Series 1 had Ned Stark in a brown cloak. The second run of them had him in a black cloak. I have an extra.

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:11 pm

HOW CAN YOU BE MISSING JOFFERY!!!! I have like a dozen of him. He was like a curse to me.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm

studioki wrote:HOW CAN YOU BE MISSING JOFFERY!!!! I have like a dozen of him. He was like a curse to me.

I don't understand it either. It took me forever to finally get Summer too. >_> If you want to help a sister out, but giving her a Joffery she would be fine with that.

missauru

Postby missauru » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:17 pm

What the hell is with the prices of Rhaegal on ebay? He isnt even that rare, at 1/36.... I cant even believe the numbers people have him up for. I hope no one buys any of them >.<
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Return to “Blind Bags”