Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
studioki

Re: Game of Thrones Series 2 Released

Postby studioki » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Send me a PM with your address. If you pay for shipping I will send one out.

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:41 am

missauru wrote:What the hell is with the prices of Rhaegal on ebay? He isnt even that rare, at 1/36.... I cant even believe the numbers people have him up for. I hope no one buys any of them >.<

Please hold me back because I really want one but I can't keep throwing money at Hot Topic! :smt088
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:09 am

studioki wrote:Send me a PM with your address. If you pay for shipping I will send one out.

PM sent!

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 am

DZ-R1 wrote:
missauru wrote:What the hell is with the prices of Rhaegal on ebay? He isnt even that rare, at 1/36.... I cant even believe the numbers people have him up for. I hope no one buys any of them >.<

Please hold me back because I really want one but I can't keep throwing money at Hot Topic! :smt088

I really want one too (he is the last one I need to have all 3) but there is no way I'll pay that much for him. I'd much rather throw my money at HT lol
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:15 pm

My pull from Hot Topic today was two Rhaegals, the hot topic girl and I were amused at my luck since I wanted at least one dragon so badly. The extra I would be willing to trade for either version of Drogon.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:35 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:My pull from Hot Topic today was two Rhaegals, the hot topic girl and I were amused at my luck since I wanted at least one dragon so badly. The extra I would be willing to trade for either version of Drogon.

PM sent [-o<
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 pm

*eyes ebay prices of Rhaegal* o___O According to them I should feel like I just pulled a series one Drogon or Jaime. Seriously though, I don't understand those prices because if I, the most unlucky person ever, can pull two from two different cases he can not be THAT rare.

Viserion is the same rarity and I doubt he is going for that much.

Those sellers will all be pooing in their pants if they knew I was trading him for Drogon.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:05 pm

You're right they have him priced like the 1/144 ones!
Pfft those sellers can go ahead and poo themselves.
Image Image

studioki

Postby studioki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I think its because its one of the three dragons. You have people who want to collect the whole set, which will need it. You also have people who might not want the whole set, but do want all three dragons. You then have the fact that while it is 1/36, its actually much more limited in supply. Lets say each hot topic gets in 1 dozen boxes. That means that they will have 4 Rhaegals. If there are 5 hot topics within a normal persons driving distance that means that there are 20 of them available to collectors. If you look at another 1/36 that is not a hot topic exclusive you might have 2 dozen stores within the same driving distance (Targets, Walmarts, Toysrus, Comic Stores etc) and while the chance of pulling one is just as likely, there are more available. Still believe the price is ridiculous but I understand that the HT exclusives are rarer then people realize. Plus international collectors dont get them at all.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 pm

If you think Rhaegal is crazy, check out the prices for the GITD wight! $80-120!! Curse my completionism for these minis! I mean, the wight is actually probably my least favorite figure from the series, but it's the LAST ONE I need. The fates are looking down and laughing at me. #-o
Hi, I'm Merri!

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Yikes. This is gettting insane...
Image Image

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Well, now I feel bad for pulling two Rhaegals. :( If Hot Topic had just had POP Smaug up for grabs I wouldn't have even bothered with the minis.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Dont feel bad for an awesome grab! Youre a collector too so collect :)! Be happy you dont have to try and afford one off ebay...
Image Image

studioki

Postby studioki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Whenever I see a set with 1/72 hot topic exclusive I decide I dont consider Hot Topic exclusives to be part of the core set and a focus on completing that.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 pm

studioki wrote:Whenever I see a set with 1/72 hot topic exclusive I decide I dont consider Hot Topic exclusives to be part of the core set and a focus on completing that.

But...but....well, this is probably why you are currently a saner person than I. lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

Deezy

Postby Deezy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Well if anyone out there would like to trade there Rhaegal, I'm game!
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:04 pm

studioki wrote:Whenever I see a set with 1/72 hot topic exclusive I decide I dont consider Hot Topic exclusives to be part of the core set and a focus on completing that.

I am the same way. I don't need a Dany with a different colored dragon on her arm, give me something like Ramsey Bolton or Rickon and Bran...For the love of the seven give me Bran!

studioki

Postby studioki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:16 pm

I was hoping they were going to make something like Daryls motorcycle for Bran, where Bran could somehow fit on top of the hodor figure. The only time I like the Hot Topic Exclusives are when they are structuraly different. I liked the Frozen HT exclusives and the Walking Dead Exclusives for Series 3.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 pm

studioki wrote:I was hoping they were going to make something like Daryls motorcycle for Bran, where Bran could somehow fit on top of the hodor figure.

That would have been EPIC. =D>
Hi, I'm Merri!

saban

Postby saban » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Okay I just saw the prices for Rhaegal and now I'm just dumbfounded.
IG: vickyisodd

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Got Viserion today, which completed my Series 2 set. Between series 1 and 2, I've only ever had to get 1/144 Jaime off eBay. I started collecting when it was too late to find it.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 pm

To complete series one I might have to end up buying Khal Drogo and Jaime from ebay and I am not at all pleased about it because they are rather pricey, especially Jaime.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:34 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:*eyes ebay prices of Rhaegal* o___O According to them I should feel like I just pulled a series one Drogon or Jaime. Seriously though, I don't understand those prices because if I, the most unlucky person ever, can pull two from two different cases he can not be THAT rare.

Those sellers will all be pooing in their pants if they knew I was trading him for Drogon.

Wait. You're trading him for a regular Drogon? Or want to trade him for a regular Drogon? 'Cause I have an extra Drogon.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 pm

CyberSteak wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:*eyes ebay prices of Rhaegal* o___O According to them I should feel like I just pulled a series one Drogon or Jaime. Seriously though, I don't understand those prices because if I, the most unlucky person ever, can pull two from two different cases he can not be THAT rare.

Wait. You're trading him for a regular Drogon? Or want to trade him for a regular Drogon? 'Cause I have an extra Drogon.

I am trading him for a regular Drogon. Could have gone the even route and traded him for Viserion, but....I am not huge on his design.

saban

Postby saban » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:05 am

mmcvey wrote:Got Viserion today, which completed my Series 2 set. Between series 1 and 2, I've only ever had to get 1/144 Jaime off eBay. I started collecting when it was too late to find it.

Wow, you either have the magic touch or have bought a lot of boxes. I'm missing 4 from the first series and don't really think I'll get them so I'm okay with that. I still need 9 more from this series but don't think I'll ever find the GITD Wight so I'm okay with that as well. Just wish I didn't pull so many Jon Snows.

danzaddiction

Postby danzaddiction » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:51 am

I would be a completionist if it wasn't so expensive to do so. I have terrible luck pulling randoms (only rare I've ever pulled was Drogo) so I generally find cheap places to buy them. I gave up on the idea of completing every set when the Hyper Chicken from Futurama (Kidrobot) was like $150...and then eventually just gone. It's the second toy (the first was the Micro Machines Silver Limited Edition set) I've let slip from my fingers to never be seen again.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:43 am

saban wrote:
mmcvey wrote:Got Viserion today, which completed my Series 2 set. Between series 1 and 2, I've only ever had to get 1/144 Jaime off eBay. I started collecting when it was too late to find it.

Wow, you either have the magic touch or have bought a lot of boxes. I'm missing 4 from the first series and don't really think I'll get them so I'm okay with that. I still need 9 more from this series but don't think I'll ever find the GITD Wight so I'm okay with that as well. Just wish I didn't pull so many Jon Snows.

Which figures are you missing from series 1? I have a ton of dupes just laying around. So I might have at least one or two of them.

As far as the GitD Wight, they're definitely out there. The problem is getting to the boxes before anyone else does. I called three local hot topics on a daily basis until they had them in. Between them all, I was lucky enough to pull one Rhaegal (insane what people on ebay are paying for this figure, btw), two Jaimes, and one GitD wight (!!!).

Not gonna lie, I was a mess when I started collecting series 1. It was really my first attempt at putting together a full set of minis. So I was buying them left and right, from random stores everywhere. And I spent much more than I'm willing to admit. But having them all makes it worth the effort.

For series 2, I took a different approach. Instead of starting off with blind boxes, I bought a case of 12 to start. That gave me the base set of 1:12 commons, plus the Hound, Drogon, and the wight. All of the figures after that initial box, I bought off of Ebay. Because by comparison, it's cheaper to just pay the extra per figure as opposed to buying a ton of blind boxes and hoping you get what you need.The only exception were the HT exclusives. But overall, I'm at 18/20 for my set, and I've spent less than half of what I did on my series 1/in memoriam collection.

I still enjoy buying blind boxes here and there. But if I'm serious about putting a set together, I'll do it the way I've done with series 2 from now on.
The North Remembers.

CyberSteak

Postby CyberSteak » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 am

WickedWonderland wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

I am trading him for a regular Drogon. Could have gone the even route and traded him for Viserion, but....I am not huge on his design.

And you already made the trade? Trying to see if a trade is still open. ;-)

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Ok, help a brother out - which dragon is which color, in both S1 and S2? I can't for the life of me remember.

And I stopped by HT today as a birthday present to myself. They had a case minus two, and the employee there mentioned someone had already pulled the HT exclusive Dragon (which one is he again?).

I bought 12, and ended up with a Grey Worm and a bunch of 1:12. Thinking about going back for the other two after work...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Junlea

Postby Junlea » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Ok, help a brother out - which dragon is which color, in both S1 and S2? I can't for the life of me remember.

And I stopped by HT today as a birthday present to myself. They had a case minus two, and the employee there mentioned someone had already pulled the HT exclusive Dragon (which one is he again?).

I bought 12, and ended up with a Grey Worm and a bunch of 1:12. Thinking about going back for the other two after work...

Drogon black, Rhegael Green (Hottopic Exclusive), Visyerion is Yellow. There is also a Metallic 1/72 drogon that is not available in HT cases.
Gareth in Tampa

elinares

Postby elinares » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:38 pm

Drogon= black or metallic black
Viserion= yellow
rhaegal= green
thats for both series.
thankfully I puled all the HoT exclusives in two trips so not i just S2 viserion and metallic drogon
-Hey whats up, I'm Eric

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:33 pm

I was lucky enough to get to a case at my HT that was almost entact.

I pulled the Mountain and the 1/72 GITD Wight!
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Junlea

Postby Junlea » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Does anyone know where in the case Rhegael shows up in HT?
Gareth in Tampa

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Junlea wrote:Does anyone know where in the case Rhegael shows up in HT?

I got one from the lower front right corner. Can everyone that pulled a gitd wight confirm that they pulled the wight from the same spot? Maybe I've just been looking in the wrong place in the 9 boxes I've tried to get that darned wight from. ](*,)
Hi, I'm Merri!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks for the help Junlea and elinares!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:27 pm

MannieTheDragon wrote:
saban wrote:

Which figures are you missing from series 1? I have a ton of dupes just laying around. So I might have at least one or two of them.

I know you were not talking to me, but if you happen to have a spare Drogo or (long shot here) Jaime around I would be willing to snag them as long as the price isn't insane. Those are the last two I need, but I think my chances of getting Drogo are better than Jaime. Sorry ebay, but I refuse to pay $50+ for a mini.

CyberSteak wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

Unless the person backs out it is already made.

For those wondering on Rhaegal's location I got him from the bottom. I forget where, but I was looking for the heavier boxes as those have the dragons in them so I forget the precise location.

MannieTheDragon

Postby MannieTheDragon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:04 pm

WickedWonderland wrote:
MannieTheDragon wrote:
saban wrote:

I know you were not talking to me, but if you happen to have a spare Drogo or (long shot here) Jaime around I would be willing to snag them as long as the price isn't insane. Those are the last two I need, but I think my chances of getting Drogo are better than Jaime. Sorry ebay, but I refuse to pay $50+ for a mini.

CyberSteak wrote:
WickedWonderland wrote:
CyberSteak wrote:

Unless the person backs out it is already made.

For those wondering on Rhaegal's location I got him from the bottom. I forget where, but I was looking for the heavier boxes as those have the dragons in them so I forget the precise location.

On the subject of Drogo & Jaime... I sold my last drogo on ebay a while back. Much as you might cringe at the idea of buying on ebay, you can easily get drogo for around $20-$30 if you keep an eye open. Jaime, on the other hand, is insane. I pulled my only one from a blind box for $5.78 at Wal Mart. I can't talk too much crap about ebay, because I sell figures to buy more figures. But I can understand hating paying that much for a single figure.

As to Rhaegal's location... I pulled mine from the top right corner from a box I was the first to buy from. I think it's probably just the same placement as regular dragons, because that's the same spot I've pulled two drogons from.
The North Remembers.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:07 pm

I don't cringe at the idea of buying from ebay, I have done it for many other things, I just don't like the idea of paying $50+ for a mini figure. It is hard to explain...

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:59 am

MannieTheDragon wrote:
saban wrote:

As far as the GitD Wight, they're definitely out there. The problem is getting to the boxes before anyone else does. I called three local hot topics on a daily basis until they had them in. Between them all, I was lucky enough to pull one Rhaegal (insane what people on ebay are paying for this figure, btw), two Jaimes, and one GitD wight (!!!).

Not gonna lie, I was a mess when I started collecting series 1. It was really my first attempt at putting together a full set of minis. So I was buying them left and right, from random stores everywhere. And I spent much more than I'm willing to admit. But having them all makes it worth the effort.

For series 2, I took a different approach. Instead of starting off with blind boxes, I bought a case of 12 to start. That gave me the base set of 1:12 commons, plus the Hound, Drogon, and the wight. All of the figures after that initial box, I bought off of Ebay. Because by comparison, it's cheaper to just pay the extra per figure as opposed to buying a ton of blind boxes and hoping you get what you need.The only exception were the HT exclusives. But overall, I'm at 18/20 for my set, and I've spent less than half of what I did on my series 1/in memoriam collection.

I still enjoy buying blind boxes here and there. But if I'm serious about putting a set together, I'll do it the way I've done with series 2 from now on.

I'm missing the Jaime and Drogon but I don't mind not having those. I would like a Khal Drogo to go with my Khaleesi though. After that I would be a happy clam.

saban

Postby saban » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:04 am

Junlea wrote:Does anyone know where in the case Rhegael shows up in HT?

I got mine from the bottom front right. It was the exclusive Rhaegal. The two Drogons I pulled were from the top of the box don't remember the location. I'm just waiting for these to hit B&N so I can hunt for Viserion and Metallic Drogon. The boxes at my local Hot Topics are already picked over so I'm going to have to wait until they get a new shipment.

Return to “Blind Bags”