Do Mystery minis get retired?

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
APOPCALYPSE

Do Mystery minis get retired?

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Does anyone know if funko will stop making series 1 once series 2 of the lines are released? Mainly concerned about Horror series 1, Game of Thrones series 1, and scifi series 1... Still working on them :bounce:
Me when I find the Mini I’ve been looking for lol

SilverMonkey

Re: Do Mystery minis get retired?

Postby SilverMonkey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Doesn't seem like it, my local Wal-mart still gets Walking Dead Series 1.

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:12 pm

SilverMonkey wrote:Doesn't seem like it, my local Wal-mart still gets Walking Dead Series 1.

Hummm... Or maybe they got a lot of boxes of them and they didnt sell fast? :-k

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:38 am

I think they won't stop making certain ones like horror sci-fi where each wave is unique enough to stand alone things like game of thrones and walking dead maybe because you could end up having 6 of one character but I don't think you'll see any of the waves of minis stopping since stores still get older waves
BDW out

SilverMonkey

Postby SilverMonkey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:37 am

Also, our Hot topics got a fresh box of Horror Classics the other day.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Disney 1 and DC Universe 1 have been gone for some time now, no? Also, NBC has dried up everywhere as well.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

missauru

Postby missauru » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Yeah I was going to try getting into nightmare but they don't seem to be in any stores so D:

It is too bad for newer collectors
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

BigDogW

Postby BigDogW » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:08 pm

swind15 wrote:Disney 1 and DC Universe 1 have been gone for some time now, no? Also, NBC has dried up everywhere as well.

True nbc is hard to find but those and the horror can be consider seasonal as they both showed up at halloween
BDW out

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Don't mean to hijack a thread or anything, but I'm new... can anyone explain mystery minis to me? Like how the cases work? I know they're blind box packaged so you don't know what figure your getting when you buy one... But for a series, does each case include all the figures? Like if I ordered a display box case of the TMNT or Horror ones, would I get at least one of each basic figure? Not that I can afford to do that now, but for future reference...

Sorry if that's a noobish question... Can't seem to find a definitive answer elsewhere and figured someone here might know.

brand42

Postby brand42 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Quazimoto wrote:Don't mean to hijack a thread or anything, but I'm new... can anyone explain mystery minis to me? Like how the cases work? I know they're blind box packaged so you don't know what figure your getting when you buy one... But for a series, does each case include all the figures? Like if I ordered a display box case of the TMNT or Horror ones, would I get at least one of each basic figure? Not that I can afford to do that now, but for future reference...

Sorry if that's a noobish question... Can't seem to find a definitive answer elsewhere and figured someone here might know.

The answer to that is going to vary from series to series. For TMNT, I believe everything is at 1/12 odds so a case will give you all of the figures. However, other series often have chase figures at 1/24 or 1/72 odds so a case will not yield a complete set.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks for the info... Hoping to be able to afford a TMNT set if our recent financial pickle irons out soon. Don't really need the full horror set though, so if budget allows, I might grab me a case and sell the extras someday soon.

APOPCALYPSE

Postby APOPCALYPSE » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:03 am

Thanks for the info everyone :-)

Return to “Blind Bags”