MYSTERY MINI BOXES COMPLAINT

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
NESSNODDER
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

MYSTERY MINI BOXES COMPLAINT

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm

RECEIVED MY FIRST F-BOX TODAY WHICH WAS A GAME OF THRONES THEME. IT CONTAINED TWO MYSTERY MINIS.

I JUST WANT TO SAY AS A COLLECTOR I HATE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO RIP THE BOX TO GET THE FIGURE OUT. FOR ME THE BOX IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE FIGURE. IF I GET A BOX DAMAGED IN THE MAIL OR IN THIS CASE I HAVE TO DAMAGE IT MYSELF, IT TAKES THE FUN AWAY.

I HOPE IN THE FUTURE FUNKO STOPS GLUING THE BOXES SHUT.

THAT'S MY 2 CENTS I WANTED TO GET OFF MY CHEST. STILL LOVE FUNKO.
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

mackzilla

Re: MYSTERY MINI BOXES COMPLAINT

Postby mackzilla » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:33 pm

I generally have good luck slicing through the glue with a decently sharp knife if i want to keep a box in decent shape

misterjstewart

Postby misterjstewart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm for anything that makes it difficult for someone to cherry pick the case before I get to it. Glue 'em shut and wrap them in plastic.
--------------8< SNIP >8------------------
Her: "How many of those things are you gonna buy?"
Me: "All of them."

Call me James.
IG: @misterjstewart (toys and life)
Los Spastikos Fantastikos

hojo

Postby hojo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

I too wish there was a way to stop from destroying the boxes, but its a safety measure. The glue is to prevent people from cheating. As a big fan of the gashapon toys in Japan, when the items aren't sealed people will learn to just peek and take the rare items leaving only the junk nobody wants. The only way I've seen this not applicable is when a box contains 1 of each item (no rarities) and they are all needed to form one giant figure (Yamato cutaway set) so there are no favorites either.

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 pm

As much as it must suck for someone that likes the boxes, it would suck infinitely more if the boxes weren't secure against tampering(people still look inside with the gule, I can only imagine if there was none). The entire point is the mystery, after all.
Jennifer. Or Jen.

I collect Dragons. :)
Be those dragons POP or mini or other.

mackzilla

Postby mackzilla » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:24 pm

The glue doesn't stop people from raiding the boxes. Every box at my toys r us still has the flaps glued and have the plastic wrappings stuffed inside

NESSNODDER

Postby NESSNODDER » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 pm

WOW!
COTM DECEMBER 2010

I'M BLOODY CRAZY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO!

dragon is life

Postby dragon is life » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Exactly, it doesn't always work, but I'd rather the glue be there than not. People that do stuff like that really kind of suck. :/
Jennifer. Or Jen.

I collect Dragons. :)
Be those dragons POP or mini or other.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Yeah I would rather them be secure than opened. I've seen empty black bags at TRU before showing signs of tampering/theft. It's pretty messed up that people steal toys of all things.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Cornhusker
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby Cornhusker » Sat May 02, 2015 2:05 am

NESSNODDER wrote:RECEIVED MY FIRST F-BOX TODAY WHICH WAS A GAME OF THRONES THEME. IT CONTAINED TWO MYSTERY MINIS.

I JUST WANT TO SAY AS A COLLECTOR I HATE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO RIP THE BOX TO GET THE FIGURE OUT. FOR ME THE BOX IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS THE FIGURE. IF I GET A BOX DAMAGED IN THE MAIL OR IN THIS CASE I HAVE TO DAMAGE IT MYSELF, IT TAKES THE FUN AWAY.

I HOPE IN THE FUTURE FUNKO STOPS GLUING THE BOXES SHUT.

THAT'S MY 2 CENTS I WANTED TO GET OFF MY CHEST. STILL LOVE FUNKO.

So Ness, I gather you really don't like Kinder mystery eggs?
You none to eat the packaging to get to the toys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hunterc

Postby hunterc » Fri May 15, 2015 11:24 pm

I saw a whole case torn into at Target today. Makes you so mad when you need one or two to complete a set and you see 12 boxes picked open and the two you need not there. Errr
Pops-221
Vinyl -15

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat May 16, 2015 12:25 pm

They should keep the case/display behind the counters and when you want them, they bring the case to you to pick - like comic book stores do with trading card packs (or used to when I collected.)

But I realize this is pretty much totally and completely impossible since they are sold at Target, etc and the workers there will not be doing that.

Not sure if it's sadder that people rip into/rifle with/steal small toys or that I'm not surprised by it all.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Return to “Blind Bags”