Disney Afternoon Mystery Minis

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
sylin

Disney Afternoon Mystery Minis

Postby sylin » Fri May 15, 2015 12:06 pm

This is one of the most requested mini sets I've seen. Whenever I see a suggestions post for Funko, these come up at least once or twice every time.

What do you guys think? Would you like to see Funko make this set a reality? If so, which characters should they include?

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Disney Afternoon Mystery Minis

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I have no idea what this is.

Are we talking like afternoon TV shows?
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

sylin

Postby sylin » Fri May 15, 2015 2:10 pm

RogueSolo wrote:Maybe I'm just getting old, but I have no idea what this is.

Are we talking like afternoon TV shows?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disney_Afternoon

Here's a link to some info on it for those who aren't familiar. ;-)

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Yea those would be cool! I would want Ducktalis, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, pretty much all of them!
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 pm

I loved Gargoyles and Mighty Ducks! Although those were always Saturday Morning cartoons for me. Guess I missed the syndication package.
Marty
Funklub member #1093

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Fri May 15, 2015 5:35 pm

I would love, love, LOVE this set!!!!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Pooly_69

Postby Pooly_69 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:52 pm

This would be dope. I would appreciate Darwing Duck, Mighty Ducks & Gargoyles! Especially Bronx love him. lol
POPS-102
ON THE WAY-10

ON HOLD-4

MINIS-77
COLLECTING SINCE JAN '15

Pooly_69

Postby Pooly_69 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:53 pm

This would be dope. I would appreciate Darwing duck & Gargoyles! Especially Bronx love him. lol
POPS-102
ON THE WAY-10

ON HOLD-4

MINIS-77
COLLECTING SINCE JAN '15

leecifer83

Postby leecifer83 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh man this would be amazing! I could go for some rescue rangers or talespin! Dark wing duck with launch pad we be a quick buy for me!
Comic, funko, and disney collector
dream pop- any disney or marvel proto
instagram @lee_funkomics

Mrs_19k

Postby Mrs_19k » Fri May 15, 2015 10:09 pm

I had no idea they had an official name! Lol I'd love to see TaleSpin, darkwing duck, chip n dale and of course Ducktales!!
Alex
IG: AlexO1912

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 pm

a99kitten wrote:I would love, love, LOVE this set!!!!

Oh man, same here. I'd buy a case! \:D/

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon May 18, 2015 1:08 am

These would be fantastic!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon May 18, 2015 1:17 am

Rescue Rangers, Darkwkng Duck, Duck Tales would rock!
2012 Rookie of the Year

sylin

Postby sylin » Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 am

I was thinking. If Funko/Disney is hesitant to do a series based solely on the 90s DA block, they could expand it and make it all inclusive for other Disney animated shows. They can even include some more current stuff like Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, Star and the Forces of Evil, etc.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon May 18, 2015 1:34 pm

I have suggested this numerous times! I would love this line, either in Mini or POP form!!!
Ducktales
Darkwing Duck
Gargoyles
Bonkers
Goof Troop
Tale Spin
Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers
GummieBears
Even older Disney cartoons like the Wuzzles would be cool too
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

studioki

Postby studioki » Mon May 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Tale Spin is top of my list. As an aside, the fact that someone at Disney actually put the thoughts together "hey, what if we took some of the characters from the Jungle Book, but put them in a 1920s setting, except with airplanes dominating transportation so the world is filled with zeppelins and air pirates" is pretty damn amazing.

AuthoressWings

Postby AuthoressWings » Tue May 19, 2015 1:17 am

Would love a line like this. Darkwing and DuckTales are a must. Perhaps with then new DuckTales reboot coming as well as new Darkwing comics there is a chance of this.

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue May 19, 2015 3:33 pm

AuthoressWings wrote: Perhaps with then new DuckTales reboot coming as well as new Darkwing comics there is a chance of this.

This would be a great way of advertising those series.

SarahK

Postby SarahK » Tue May 19, 2015 4:26 pm

I'd be all over that! Those shows are my childhood.
❤ Sarah

AuthoressWings

Postby AuthoressWings » Tue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm

sylin wrote:
AuthoressWings wrote: Perhaps with then new DuckTales reboot coming as well as new Darkwing comics there is a chance of this.

This would be a great way of advertising those series.

I know, Pops! would also be interesting.

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 am

I'm reviving this thread because, even after all this time, there still haven't been minis for Disney animated shows. It's a little surprising to me, given how often they are requested. Is Disney the hold-out here? I mean, if they are afraid the oldschool stuff won't sell, they can mix it up with some of the newer shows. Pickle & Peanut and Star vs The Forces of Evil are getting Pops, so I don't see why a set like this wouldn't be a fun addition to that release.

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 am

I'm sure the licensing machine at Disney is the main reason we aren't seeing classic shows being merchandised. What the reason is though, I have no idea. They've proven how adept they are by not including any Rey merchandise in with the first wave of SW:TFA toys. :rolleyes:
Marty
Funklub member #1093

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:38 am

I bet disney will make anything that will either seller super well or sell ok, but also cross-promote a current project.

I think Disney Afternoon would have niche appeal, granted it would hit the adult population pretty well looking to spend money right now, but I don't think it lines up with any future plans.

They seem to be focusing on making the timeless characters popularity wise (Heroes and Villains) and then promoting new movies (Inside Out) this past year.
Got Pixie Dust?

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:I think Disney Afternoon would have niche appeal, granted it would hit the adult population pretty well looking to spend money right now, but I don't think it lines up with any future plans.

They seem to be focusing on making the timeless characters popularity wise (Heroes and Villains) and then promoting new movies (Inside Out) this past year.

I get that, but I suppose I'd like to see them try to experiment a bit more with their stuff. I mean, I love the Disney Animated Canon films, but I would like to see minis of other Disney related franchises as well. And like I wrote before, if they wanted to test the waters for a DA related set, they can try to mix it up with figures of current animated shows. I'm sure fans of Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales would try their luck even if a set like that included Gravity Falls and Star Vs.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 pm

I have been wanting this forever!!! I want ALL of the Uncle Scrooges :)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Mori_LeStrange

Postby Mori_LeStrange » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 pm

My wallet would hate to see this happen. I'd have to get everything Gargoyle and Darkwing Duck figure they made.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:55 am

Poncho Pete wrote:They seem to be focusing on making the timeless characters popularity wise (Heroes and Villains) and then promoting new movies (Inside Out) this past year.

oh yes, timeless classics such as Supernatural, or the Alice in wonderland movie nobody liked or that guy Alan Rickman played in that 1 Tim Allen movie :razz:

the Disney Afternoon was literally the renascence of modern animation. Gummy Bears snapped the world out of the cut rate low budget recycled mess that were the standard for children's programming of the Hannah Barbara era and proved that if you put money in and make a quality show the money will come back. not to mention it produced some of the greatest theme songs that will ever be written, if that isn't timeless I dare say I don't know what the word truly means.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:25 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Poncho Pete wrote:They seem to be focusing on making the timeless characters popularity wise (Heroes and Villains) and then promoting new movies (Inside Out) this past year.

oh yes, timeless classics such as Supernatural, or the Alice in wonderland movie nobody liked or that guy Alan Rickman played in that 1 Tim Allen movie :razz:

the Disney Afternoon was literally the renascence of modern animation. Gummy Bears snapped the world out of the cut rate low budget recycled mess that were the standard for children's programming of the Hannah Barbara era and proved that if you put money in and make a quality show the money will come back. not to mention it produced some of the greatest theme songs that will ever be written, if that isn't timeless I dare say I don't know what the word truly means.

THIS!!!!
I have now sang the Gummi Bears them song, Darkwing Duck, and Ducktales this morning at work. The looks were priceless!
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 am

Mr Yac wrote:oh yes, timeless classics such as Supernatural, or the Alice in wonderland movie nobody liked or that guy Alan Rickman played in that 1 Tim Allen movie :razz:

To be fair, it seems PonchoPete is talking specifically about Disney, not Funko's other products. That said, their Disney stuff does seem to fall into the camp of either animated/popular classics or newer stuff (for advertising purposes).

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 am

haha, I wanted to make a full list of Disney characters I feel are less deserving while not being from current movies but the pop price guide won't load for me. so the only one I can think of off the top of my head are Pirates of the Caribbean and Stitch, so many Stitch :(

Both movies that aren't anywhere near current, and i'd say far less "timeless" than the true powerhouses of the Disney Afternoon like Darkwing, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers and such.

sylin

Postby sylin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:46 am

Mr Yac wrote:haha, I wanted to make a full list of Disney characters I feel are less deserving while not being from current movies but the pop price guide won't load for me. so the only one I can think of off the top of my head are Pirates of the Caribbean and Stitch, so many Stitch :(

PotC and Stitch are extremely popular in Disney circles, and are considered modern classics by many.

SparkInTheDark

Postby SparkInTheDark » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:30 pm

There is a part of me that's happy we don't have these yet in any form because I would need a second job. Possibly a third depending on the exclusives.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 pm

big_pun_209 wrote:Yea those would be cool! I would want Ducktalis, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, pretty much all of them!

^This!

=D> =D> =D> =D> [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

I would LOVE these. As much as my bank account would hate them, I would love them. I actually still have some small figures from this era, from when they were in things like Happy Meals and such. A resurgence of these little figures would be great.

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

sylin

Postby sylin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:54 pm

GraphicSilence wrote:I would LOVE these. As much as my bank account would hate them, I would love them. I actually still have some small figures from this era, from when they were in things like Happy Meals and such. A resurgence of these little figures would be great.

I think I remember what you're talking about. McDonalds had toys of the characters from Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers in little Pop Ride-like contraptions. And there were mail order mini figures for various Disney Afternoon characters, from either General Mills or Kelloggs.

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 am

Darkwing Duck and Ducktales.. oohoohooo
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

sylin

Postby sylin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:02 pm

I can't believe we still haven't gotten any Disney animated show minis. :(

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:25 am

Mrs_19k wrote:I had no idea they had an official name! Lol I'd love to see TaleSpin, darkwing duck, chip n dale and of course Ducktales!!

Haha same! I would love some minis of darkwing duck and chip n dale!

Heli88

Postby Heli88 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:55 am

I'd be all over these, assuming they didn't do them in the new cutesy Disney style, like the Princesses. I think that works pretty well for humans, but it would seem odd for animal characters. If Darkwing Duck doesn't have an enormous bill, is he truly Darkwing Duck?

sylin

Postby sylin » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 am

Heli88 wrote:I'd be all over these, assuming they didn't do them in the new cutesy Disney style, like the Princesses. I think that works pretty well for humans, but it would seem odd for animal characters. If Darkwing Duck doesn't have an enormous bill, is he truly Darkwing Duck?

I always envisioned these being in the same style as series 2 or Heroes vs Villains, though maybe they can work in the newer one? The sidekicks have come out quite well, maybe the duck characters can translate to it decently as well. I'd hope.

Return to “Blind Bags”