Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

My fiance and I are now addicted to the Mystery Minis......

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
grfticbrguy

My fiance and I are now addicted to the Mystery Minis......

Postby grfticbrguy » Thu May 28, 2015 4:55 am

So out of the Dc series 2 we had Superman and Deathstroke. And then the AoU we have just Captain America and Ultron. We have given up on the Hulkbuster because everytime we arrive somewhere all the boxes are scattered and im sure to everyone who knows about the difference in weight wouldnt even bother trying. Then today we went to a city and mall close by that i never have even been to. Got a good haul with the star wars vaults and family guy pops. Then found white lantern batman and harley quinn in the minis. Wish i could say reverse flash or even metallic but hey, its still harley. Anyway the addiction is real. I dont even want to just find them and resell them for whatever price. I just wanna catch them all. Ive definitely gone down a dark path now......

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: My fiance and I are now addicted to the Mystery Minis...

Postby RogueSolo » Thu May 28, 2015 6:15 am

It's not dark, it's fun!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

skinny_puppy123

Postby skinny_puppy123 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am

I feel the same way! In only 4 weeks I've collected 20 or so Minis. Luckily, I have no duplicates!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:59 pm

I have a few of the HTTYD2 minis and MLP minis, and they sit on my desk at work and keep an eye on me ;)
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Angology

Postby Angology » Thu May 28, 2015 1:14 pm

We love them too! I started with just Pops, but have been getting into these lately. We have actually happened upon Hulkbuster a couple of times when there were only a few left (weird!). The first one we got was in a newly opened box. FYI-he weighs around 3.7oz in the box, wrapped. AoU Hulk is a little heavier than the rest also-we found one of him that way.

We bought a box of the Despicable Me 2 minis during Black Friday. They are awesome! DH is going to make a display from the boxes.

I think part of the appeal for us is that 1) They are cute 2) easy to transport when you buy them out of town 3) There are no worries about box condition! 4) The hunt is fun too (although I have bought a few OOB at toy shows)

So far, the rarest one I have is Reverse Flash-was so excited when we opened that one! He was the last left in a box, and I just picked it up on a whim.

Anybody have any weird superstitions about picking them? I always feel like I need to buy the first one I picked up (except in Hulkbuster's case!)-afraid that I put down a non-duplicate. I know, I know...
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 pm

I always second guess my picks, and if I do change my mind, I usually end up with duplicates and guess what I could have pulled if I went with the first box I picked up...
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

grfticbrguy

Postby grfticbrguy » Fri May 29, 2015 6:24 am

I really want to go through and get some of the series 1 DC Heroes ones. but Im sure most of them are already out there. The crouching batman and laughing joker just looks awesome haha.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 am

Welcome :-) I'm a new collector myself. Unfortunately for me I'm a completist, so I'm trying to be picky about what I collect so it doesn't get out of control! I will say the cool thing about minis is it's easy to display a fairly large collection, they don't take up much room. I've got my Super Heroes (just nabbed black Flash off of eBay to close out the set) in a small acrylic case sitting on the shelf, takes up about the same space as a car model (of which I have many). When I look at all those pictures of the Pop! collections where they've got entire walls (or even multiple walls) of Pop's displayed, it helps me to appreciate how much easier it is to display minis :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

grfticbrguy

Postby grfticbrguy » Fri May 29, 2015 10:19 am

Yeah they are easier to display. Usually I find little spots between my walls of Pops somewhat close to their big counter part. Haha. Yeah I think there may be a problem sometime in the future. I'm sure itll be alright though.

Mattsfame447

Postby Mattsfame447 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:09 pm

I just recently got addicted to these as well , probably because the first box I bought was the dc one and had white lantern batman in it , I was so happy , I was completely shocked my first ever mystery mini box !
I have yet to meet a collector who feels bad about his collection. Collection is also about the story – the story behind how someone found it and purchased it.

-Edgar Paulik

kiptrip

Postby kiptrip » Sat May 30, 2015 7:53 am

Love the first DC minis but was quite disappointed with series two, just didn't like the look of them. GoT ones are fantastic though!
ISO: Chase Error Batman, Walmart Toothless, HT Thor with Helmet, Metallic Nightwing, Glitter Celestia, Glitter Luna, MM Blue Trixie, MM Santa Jack

grfticbrguy

Postby grfticbrguy » Sun May 31, 2015 1:18 am

Yeah after seeing how the series 1 minis for DC looked i was a little disappointed too. That Blue Crouching batman is killer.

Return to “Blind Bags”