Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Hot Topic mystery mini exclusives???

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Havlack

Hot Topic mystery mini exclusives???

Postby Havlack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:27 am

So how does it work when HT is out of stock of certain mystery minis? Do they ever get more back in stock? Or once they’re gone, is that it? I’m asking because I’m trying to complete my first set of mystery minis (Frozen) and HT is out of stock on-line and none of the stores near me have any left. The 3 HT exclusives are the only ones I’m missing at this point. I’m not sure how long they have been out of stock since I just started collecting minis for my daughter and these came out sometime in February/March.

I just wasn’t sure if I should hold out any hope for HT getting more in or if I have to pursue collecting these last 3 HT exclusives on the secondary market, like eBay. I enjoy the element of surprise, as does my daughter, so hopefully they’ll get more….I would LOVE to get a case to open with her.

What’s been your experience with other mystery minis being sold out at HT?

Thanks!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Re: Hot Topic mystery mini exclusives???

Postby RogueSolo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:32 am

I'm pretty sure once they're out of stock that's it. Have you asked in store?

Good luck finding what you need on the secondary market, depending on the piece, HT exclusives can get pretty pricey.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

missauru

Postby missauru » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:33 am

You can always check back online every now and then because sometimes they do get restocks. Sometimes stores will also get another case, you can always call them and ask. However if you want to guarantee you get the 3 youre looking for ebay is probably your best bet. Just dont pay insane prices for these things...
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am

It pays to get in at the start of a cycle, I remember wanting some Marvel HT exclusives, waited too long and got screwed.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Havlack

Postby Havlack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 am

Valde wrote:It pays to get in at the start of a cycle, I remember wanting some Marvel HT exclusives, waited too long and got screwed.

Yeah, I figured it would be difficult to get these since I came in so late. Oh well, I'll keep checking on line periodically. If they don't get any more, then I'll just looking forward to the next new minis.

I'll be all over it like white on a rice in a cup of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:57 am

Havlack wrote:
Valde wrote:It pays to get in at the start of a cycle, I remember wanting some Marvel HT exclusives, waited too long and got screwed.

Yeah, I figured it would be difficult to get these since I came in so late. Oh well, I'll keep checking on line periodically. If they don't get any more, then I'll just looking forward to the next new minis.

I'll be all over it like white on a rice in a cup of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Another suggestion I have is keep an eye out on the trading forums here, keep building your list and eventually you will find some trading partners. Another suggestion I have is make a signature with pictures of your mini needs and maybe someone will start a dialogue with you to make a deal.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Havlack

Postby Havlack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Valde wrote:Another suggestion I have is keep an eye out on the trading forums here, keep building your list and eventually you will find some trading partners. Another suggestion I have is make a signature with pictures of your mini needs and maybe someone will start a dialogue with you to make a deal.

Great tips! Thanks!

saban

Postby saban » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Like others have said, sometimes they do restock blind bags and blind boxes but once they're out of stock, don't count on it.
IG: vickyisodd

Return to “Blind Bags”