MLP Series 3 Mystery Mini Discussion

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
wenhol8710

Re: MLP Series 3 Mystery Mini Discussion

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:00 am

Galacticat wrote:
wenhol8710 wrote:Got in Spike from eBay, noticed we're missing Dr. Hooves but besides that, we're complete on these guys. :D

Looks like you have all the characters except Whooves- just missing some of the color alts (but maybe you don't care about those?)

Yea, Whooves is on the way from eBay, somehow we overlooked him all along. lol We only have one for each character, whichever color ones we were able to pull and the black versions of the rest. I am a sucker for GitD though, so I may pick up the rest of those at some point. :D
wenhol8710 on Instagram

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:14 am

I've always been curious of this: Why do they make some ponies black? Like it looks nice because the colors stand out more, but I don't see the black variants in other mini lines. I think it's a neat choice again, but I didn't know if it was because of the ease of painting one, tradition, or for some other reason. Thanks!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 am

It's to match the box art for the large vinyls.
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:I've always been curious of this: Why do they make some ponies black? Like it looks nice because the colors stand out more, but I don't see the black variants in other mini lines. I think it's a neat choice again, but I didn't know if it was because of the ease of painting one, tradition, or for some other reason. Thanks!

I think one reason may have just been to provide something a little more different than a small scale duplicate of the original vinyl. I think most mini lines don't have Vinyl versions like MLP.

BTW I must say I LOVE NIGHTMARE MOON MINI SO MUCH! Except that she falls over so easy. I put her tail between her legs so she isn't so topheavy- I do wonder how sturdy the large version will be (not like it would slow me down even slightly from getting her!!!!)

Some gratuitous pictures (I wonder where I put my wave 2 ponies...hmmm)

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Congrats Galacticat! Thanks for posting the pics. They look great on that blanket.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks Lara! They don't stand up very well unfortunately :D

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Can't say I know the names of these cute little beauties but got them for my youngest and they didn't click with her; she's rather stick with her Marvel and Star Wars POPs. So, I don't have enough juice to post on the sales/trades so basically these are up for grabs if anyone needs them for their collection. Just cover the shipping and their yours, first to PM me. Would like to find them good home so they don't end up at the bottom of my daughter's toy bin.

PONIES TAKEN>>>THANKS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:46 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:Can't say I know the names of these cute little beauties but got them for my youngest and they didn't click with her; she's rather stick with her Marvel and Star Wars POPs. So, I don't have enough juice to post on the sales/trades so basically these are up for grabs if anyone needs them for their collection. Just cover the shipping and their yours, first to PM me. Would like to find them good home so they don't end up at the bottom of my daughter's toy bin.

PONIES TAKEN>>>THANKS

That's really awesome of you!
Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:Can't say I know the names of these cute little beauties but got them for my youngest and they didn't click with her; she's rather stick with her Marvel and Star Wars POPs. So, I don't have enough juice to post on the sales/trades so basically these are up for grabs if anyone needs them for their collection. Just cover the shipping and their yours, first to PM me. Would like to find them good home so they don't end up at the bottom of my daughter's toy bin.

PONIES TAKEN>>>THANKS

VERY AWESOME!!!

carma08

Postby carma08 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 am

My Hot Topic still has yet to get these in. :(
♥Lita♥

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:36 pm

I think that Series 4 should come out for the holidays and include characters we already have but colors we dont have yet! Wouldn't it be awesome to complete all the colored/black versions and have a few other glows like..

1/12 Black Princess Celestia
1/12 Colored Applejack
1/12 Colored Big Mac
1/12 Colored Sweetie Drops
1/12 Black Sweetie Belle
1/12 Black Scootaloo
1/12 Black Apple Bloom
1/12 Colored Daring Do
1/12 Colored Rarity
1/12 Glow in the Dark Nightmare Moon
1/12 Glow in the Dark Queen Chrysalis
1/12 Glow in the Dark Princess Luna
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

Seachell

Postby Seachell » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Found a couple of Series 3 boxes at my local Walgreens while running in to get candy for Halloween. Only bought two boxes but I managed to get Luna and Celestia.
Celestia's horn looks super weird but the Luna is so pretty. The darker blue looks great and I like the more compact hair in comparison with the large version (probably done to fit her in the box but it looks nicer in my opinion). Really awesome figures. Still wish I could find full-size Celestia though!
Searching for Celestia.

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:41 pm

Seachell wrote:Found a couple of Series 3 boxes at my local Walgreens while running in to get candy for Halloween. Only bought two boxes but I managed to get Luna and Celestia.
Celestia's horn looks super weird but the Luna is so pretty. The darker blue looks great and I like the more compact hair in comparison with the large version (probably done to fit her in the box but it looks nicer in my opinion). Really awesome figures. Still wish I could find full-size Celestia though!

Congrats on the minis. Hot Topic had Celestia on clearance one day two weeks ago. Not sure if she will pop back up but if she does I will grab one for you as she sold out rather fast.
Dorian Arloe

Seachell

Postby Seachell » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:31 am

Arloe8 wrote:
Seachell wrote:Found a couple of Series 3 boxes at my local Walgreens while running in to get candy for Halloween. Only bought two boxes but I managed to get Luna and Celestia.

Congrats on the minis. Hot Topic had Celestia on clearance one day two weeks ago. Not sure if she will pop back up but if she does I will grab one for you as she sold out rather fast.

Are you serious?! I was checking their website every day and I never saw her. :-&

I really appreciate that! I'll keep an eye out as well.
Searching for Celestia.

XXDCXBATMAN

Postby XXDCXBATMAN » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks to a trade on Facebook, I now have a complete set of series 3 minis!

Hi, I'm Michael
Total collection count: 681
Started collecting: 02/27/14

ImageImageImage

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:20 am

Congrats Michael!

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Seachell

Postby Seachell » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:18 am

Congrats! They look awesome together.
Searching for Celestia.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Does anyone have a case layout for the regular case? My wife wanted the pony with rainbow hair...no clue what the name is. I found two fresh untouched cases at Walmart but had no idea where that one pony was.

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:42 am

poppetmaster wrote:Does anyone have a case layout for the regular case? My wife wanted the pony with rainbow hair...no clue what the name is. I found two fresh untouched cases at Walmart but had no idea where that one pony was.

In my Hot Topic case, she was on the lower level. She is one of the biggest in the set, so it will rattle less. Not necessarily the heaviest, but the least rattling (her hair is huge). I think she was in the middle row on the bottom layer in my HT case. And her name is Celestia. She is queen of everything.
San Diego funatic

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 am

beckysaurus wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:Does anyone have a case layout for the regular case? My wife wanted the pony with rainbow hair...no clue what the name is. I found two fresh untouched cases at Walmart but had no idea where that one pony was.

In my Hot Topic case, she was on the lower level. She is one of the biggest in the set, so it will rattle less. Not necessarily the heaviest, but the least rattling (her hair is huge). I think she was in the middle row on the bottom layer in my HT case. And her name is Celestia. She is queen of everything.

I wonder if it would be the same in the walmart case? The walmart case has no exclusives so...

And gotcha...queen of e v e r y t h i n g lol

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:49 am

poppetmaster wrote:
beckysaurus wrote:

I wonder if it would be the same in the walmart case? The walmart case has no exclusives so...

I imagine it should be pretty similar. The thing about this series is half the case are super tiny, light pieces: Spike the dragon, the 3 baby ponies, and Chrysalis (the one with the holes in her and the wings) is super light. Beyond that you just have to fumble through three princesses. Or just buy it on ebay for $10 shipped :)
San Diego funatic

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 am

beckysaurus wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
beckysaurus wrote:In my Hot Topic case, she was on the lower level. She is one of the biggest in the set, so it will rattle less. Not necessarily the heaviest, but the least rattling (her hair is huge). I think she was in the middle row on the bottom layer in my HT case. And her name is Celestia. She is queen of everything.

I imagine it should be pretty similar. The thing about this series is half the case are super tiny, light pieces: Spike the dragon, the 3 baby ponies, and Chrysalis (the one with the holes in her and the wings) is super light. Beyond that you just have to fumble through three princesses. Or just buy it on ebay for $10 shipped :)

I could just buy it on ebay, but it's much more fun to get the box and open it up. Unless Funko changes the case configuration and you just blew a wad of cash (happened today) ](*,) ](*,)

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:31 pm

D'oh!! Sorry buddy! LMK what extras you have.
San Diego funatic

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:50 pm

I haven't seen series 3 in stores in a long time. As soon as I see them again I'll buy a bunch, it was a series we skipped.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Valde wrote:I haven't seen series 3 in stores in a long time. As soon as I see them again I'll buy a bunch, it was a series we skipped.

Two whole fresh cases at a Walmart near me. Went back today and they were STILL untouched.

WickedWonderland

Postby WickedWonderland » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:15 am

I picked up one today in hopes of getting Nightmaremoon or Princess Luna and instead I ended up with Celestia. :/

So...anyone have Princess Luna they want to trade for either Celestia or Cadance?

Return to “Blind Bags”