Horror minis series 2.

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
jester00

Re: Horror minis series 2.

Postby jester00 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:35 am

Mininut30 wrote:Hello, I received a gremlin in one of my boxes and his right ear is not painted yellow. Has anyone ever seen an error like this in the past? Does this make it especially valuable or does an error just mean I have my own one-of-kind variant. I attached a pic.

My chtulu has one eye painted. Glad it's the regular one and not the gitd. Should be easy to just buy another one that has both eyes painted
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:39 am

jester00 wrote:
Mininut30 wrote:Hello, I received a gremlin in one of my boxes and his right ear is not painted yellow. Has anyone ever seen an error like this in the past? Does this make it especially valuable or does an error just mean I have my own one-of-kind variant. I attached a pic.

My chtulu has one eye painted. Glad it's the regular one and not the gitd. Should be easy to just buy another one that has both eyes painted

Don't buy one, I ended up with two more this weekend.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:05 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
jester00 wrote:

Don't buy one, I ended up with two more this weekend.

Awesome! Thanks man. Set it aside for our trade
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Nothing to see here! :-"
Last edited by wenhol8710 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Mininut30

Postby Mininut30 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:40 pm

I have 5 popcorn Gremlins.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Slowly finishing up the main series. Just got B&W Hitchcock off the Bay.
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:57 pm

I've been picking these up for my wife. We've pulled David, Ed, Stripe, 2xFrankenstein, Nosferatu, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Alfred Hitchcock
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

ZartansBro

Postby ZartansBro » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:05 pm

I snagged two boxes from the local Hot Topic and got American Werewolf and the Cinema Gremlin. Love the way they look!
Wanted Minis: Stone Zuul/Terror Dog, Grady Twins, Scarred Chucky, GITD Pennywise, Zombie Ed, Guitar Crow, B&W Alfred Hitchcock, Spider Leg Pennywise, Henry Bowers, FYE Eddie, FYE Beverly, HT Bill, HT Ben

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:56 pm

New guy here, joined the board specifically because I love these horror minis. Where I live, we're generally last to get new things, so I mostly use eBay to get what I want. I'm curious what the board's stance is on exclusives/rarities. I've been an action figure collector for years and years, and have always taken an anti-anything-that-makes-getting-product-more-difficult stance, and I'm especially upset about the practice of making highly-desired characters (like Pinhead) the hardest to procure. To me, exclusives and "chase" figures should only ever be variants, not a character you can't get any other way. Is this too controversial an topic, am I out of line, or am I generally in alignment with others' views on this?

TheLastDude

Postby TheLastDude » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 pm

muffinhunter wrote:New guy here, joined the board specifically because I love these horror minis. Where I live, we're generally last to get new things, so I mostly use eBay to get what I want. I'm curious what the board's stance is on exclusives/rarities. I've been an action figure collector for years and years, and have always taken an anti-anything-that-makes-getting-product-more-difficult stance, and I'm especially upset about the practice of making highly-desired characters (like Pinhead) the hardest to procure. To me, exclusives and "chase" figures should only ever be variants, not a character you can't get any other way. Is this too controversial an topic, am I out of line, or am I generally in alignment with others' views on this?

No, I agree with you to an extent. While I'd certainly prefer chase figures to only be variants (looking at you Rocketeer...oh wait, I'm not looking at my Rocketeer figure because I STILL don't have one yet), I'm sure the chase does drive sales.

If all chase figures were only metallic, bloody, or GITD...there might be a risk of people not wanting to keep going...of not buying that ONE more box hoping to pull the big one.
--Kevin
ImageImageImage

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm

I would never "chase" (pun intended) after a variant with a minor repaint or GITD. An entirely new figure or sculpt? Different story altogether. I guess Funko has my number.

gogman

Postby gogman » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:18 pm

muffinhunter wrote:New guy here, joined the board specifically because I love these horror minis. Where I live, we're generally last to get new things, so I mostly use eBay to get what I want. I'm curious what the board's stance is on exclusives/rarities. I've been an action figure collector for years and years, and have always taken an anti-anything-that-makes-getting-product-more-difficult stance, and I'm especially upset about the practice of making highly-desired characters (like Pinhead) the hardest to procure. To me, exclusives and "chase" figures should only ever be variants, not a character you can't get any other way. Is this too controversial an topic, am I out of line, or am I generally in alignment with others' views on this?

I agree with you completely that chase figures should be variants rather than different characters.

Variants would still give the thrill of the hunt to those who love that part of collecting. I like the hunt but not when it costs an absolute fortune just to simply get all the characters.

I have a feeling though that a lot of our fellow board members may disagree.

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Yeah, it is a fine line between keeping a desired figure rare enough to keep people buying and making it so difficult that potential buyers give up the whole enterprise. I've heard plenty of people admire blind-box products from afar because they just aren't interested in the risk of getting doubles or not getting what you wanted at all. It's why I do most of my buying on eBay. I just consider it a convenience charge. :)

zoomfactor32

Postby zoomfactor32 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:12 pm

gogman wrote:

I agree with you completely that chase figures should be variants rather than different characters.

Variants would still give the thrill of the hunt to those who love that part of collecting. I like the hunt but not when it costs an absolute fortune just to simply get all the characters.

I agree with you. It's pretty frustrating to spend so much money to get the character you want because they are so rare. Variants would still give everyone something to hunt for.

It's even more frustrating with store specific chase figures of new characters. I've only got one HT near me, and it's almost impossible to catch them with a fresh case, or sometimes any of the newest MM's at all.

jester00

Postby jester00 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:42 pm

I agree 100%. Make the more rare minis be variants of an already easier to get character. A good point on this is Hershel from WD series 3. He is 1:12 while the headless version is 1:72. Now what really sucks is when they make store exclusive variants of characters not available anywhere else. Rosita being 1:144 is such a waste. Now people will never have a nice walkig dead display because she is 1- so rare and 2- store specific
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

caml

Postby caml » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:51 pm

zoomfactor32 wrote:
gogman wrote:

I agree with you. It's pretty frustrating to spend so much money to get the character you want because they are so rare. Variants would still give everyone something to hunt for.

It's even more frustrating with store specific chase figures of new characters. I've only got one HT near me, and it's almost impossible to catch them with a fresh case, or sometimes any of the newest MM's at all.

The box mathematics make it difficult to cost effectively get what you want. A somewhat rigged lottery where you can help your odds to a degree by knowing assormnet layouts or weight, but ultimately its the luck of the draw. Like finding that random Walgreen's on a rainy day that has the last box of a series 1 game of thrones mm and you get Kahl Drogo (1/72). Happened to me on Sunday. Such a love hate relationship.

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:58 pm

It can be very frustrating, as like others I still don't have a Rocketeer despite getting many Sci-Fi dupes.
And though for most of their series they have the standard rarity plans going on with many common ramping up to rarer ones in a series, they don't always follow that model. The Avengers Age of Ultron figures were all 1/12 rarity, and I bought exactly one case of 12 and I got exactly 1 of every figure. So they can do a frustration free set.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Boinky wrote:It can be very frustrating, as like others I still don't have a Rocketeer despite getting many Sci-Fi dupes.
And though for most of their series they have the standard rarity plans going on with many common ramping up to rarer ones in a series, they don't always follow that model. The Avengers Age of Ultron figures were all 1/12 rarity, and I bought exactly one case of 12 and I got exactly 1 of every figure. So they can do a frustration free set.

Any set targeted to adults seems to have chase figures.

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:45 pm

wickerjay wrote:
Boinky wrote:It can be very frustrating, as like others I still don't have a Rocketeer despite getting many Sci-Fi dupes.

Any set targeted to adults seems to have chase figures.

But how does that track exactly? I know Age of Ultron was very recent, but I am a comic book fan of 30+ years, very much adult. And do the MLP & Hello Kitty lines have chase figures? Are those & Frozen adult targeted? Maybe I'm reading the demographics a bit wrong, but I think it's a tad more defined how they chose stuff like this.

Age of Ultron being based on something very new, less chance of many adults being interested compared to figures from things such as The Crow, Gremlins, Battlestar Gallactica, etc. But also the new Nightmare Before Christmas series is 1/12 rarity

Not sure we know their plan

jester00

Postby jester00 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Maybe by adults he means because it's actually labeled "horror". I mean NBC has become so over saturated that Walgreens has a dedicated display of it for Halloween.
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 pm

I agree, although I don't mind the way they've been doing it lately (1 unique character + 1 variant being rare). Still would rather the unique ones be more available while cool variants are the chase ones. For example, The Walking Dead blood splattered chase figures. Makes sense, doesn't cause heart-ache when you don't get a chase figure, and you feel somewhat rewarded when you do get one. Of course then they pull the 1/144 Rosita thing, but I think they cooled their jets with that stuff. Also making the top row of the case have the rare ones helps quite a bit.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Feel free to stop by my blog at https://tinytoyshelf.blogspot.com/!

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:07 pm

jester00 wrote:Maybe by adults he means because it's actually labeled "horror". I mean NBC has become so over saturated that Walgreens has a dedicated display of it for Halloween.

Yes, something like that. If parents are buying for their kids, Funko wants them to buy a whole case and be done rather than having them just get a couple. They know they can get the adult collectors to buy more than that to hunt the rares. A parent would be discouraged buying like that for their kid and may never even buy the first one if they knew the long odds of completing a set and all the dupes they would amass. Of course, this is just a my theory.

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:33 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:Also making the top row of the case have the rare ones helps quite a bit.

Is this a real and documented thing? I've gleaned bits of info from reading around on this site, but I don't really know all the tricks of the trade. Not that I've ever seen any of the horror minis "in the wild" anywhere around where I live. The Gamestops here seem mostly to only carry game-related ones or Walking Dead.

caml

Postby caml » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:34 am

I made friends with the store manager at my local GameStop and he ordered 3 horror cases and 2 sci fi cases that came in today. I asked him not to touch the boxes so hopefully I can pull a Pinhead with the box configurations everyone provided :D

I'll post my findings later today.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:00 pm

UPDATE: I should have checked this guy's feedback first (total garbage feedback). Buy at your own risk.

Not my listing, but I thought I would pass it along...

BW Hitchcock for $25 shipped which is a pretty good deal for a 1/72 figure.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUNKO-Mystery-Mini-Horror-Classics-Series-2-Black-White-Alfred-Hitchcock-1-72-/321912616982?rmvSB=true

jester00

Postby jester00 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:41 pm

I got my B&W Hitchcock today from eBay. Now only two left for the main set. And I'll be done with these. Not even going to try for the Hot Topic ones. Since HT is so far from me and I won't be able to get a fresh case
I LOVE MAXFOZZY

Thomas aka Jester

MysteryMiniFanatic

Postby MysteryMiniFanatic » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 pm

The highlights from my 2 cases, from the comic book store. All i want now is the cinema gremlin and i'm good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wickerjay

Postby wickerjay » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Nice score getting Pinhead in just too boxes.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Going to grab some this weekend, hoping for a cinema gremlin.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Got a case of these today. Mainly was hoping to get Nosferatu and Pinhead, and got them I did. :) Now to unload all the dupes, which I'm guessing at this point may not be easy...

HookedOnVinyl

Postby HookedOnVinyl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I have the full set of these including the HT Exclusives, but if anyone has or knows anyone who has the white protos of The Creature and/or Frankenstein available for sale please PM me. I was late finding out about these guys, so only managed to snag The Fly. Thanks in advance! ;-)
If you have/know of any Mystery Mini Protos for sale please PM me. Thanks!

Hello! My name is Neil…and I'm…I'm…I'm a Funkaholic damn it!

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:45 pm

muffinhunter wrote:Is this a real and documented thing? I've gleaned bits of info from reading around on this site, but I don't really know all the tricks of the trade. Not that I've ever seen any of the horror minis "in the wild" anywhere around where I live. The Gamestops here seem mostly to only carry game-related ones or Walking Dead.

Yes! Top 6 are nearly guraunteed to have all the 1/24, 1/36, or 1/72 in that case. Best of luck!

I had a long week and wanted to try my hand at Gamestop again. Amongst the crowd there for the latest Call of Duty was a seemingly untouched full case of Horror Series 2. As seen time and time again has shown on here, I pulled the front two in hopes of Pinhead. Guess my luck finally came around when I pulled him! :) Woo-hoo! So happy, he is a neat figure!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:16-17, KJV

Want To Buy: empty FNaF MM display cases | proto Springtrap MM | Horror MM S2 Hot Topic box

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:06 pm

I am heading downstate tomorrow for some holiday shopping, and I hope I can run into some of these.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

smee

Postby smee » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Hey everyone,

I just joined and wanted to make my first post. I've been actively reading this forum for the past month and wanted to give a HUGE thank you to those of you that have shared your case layouts. You've helped me scored the entire series...the only one I'm missing is the Hot Topic Crow which I'm sure I'll be able to pull soon (given that I can find another fresh case at a Hot Topic and get lucky).

I wanted to share some of my findings with everyone. I bought a case from Hot Topic and was lucky enough to get a Zombie Ed. It was "Assortment A" and here was the case layout:

TOP ROW

BACK
Hitchcock.....HT Excl. Cinema Gremlin
Shaun.....Nosferatu
The Fly.....HT Excl. Zombie Ed
FRONT

BOTTOM ROW

BACK
Creature.....Edward Scissorhands
Stripe.....Beetlejuice
David.....Frankenstein
FRONT

I also wanted to confirm that the Black and White Hitchcock (1/72) is in the regular "D Assortment" and is in the front right spot on the top row (thanks to the person who posted that earlier on this forum!!!) A really nice manager at a GameStop held an untouched box of the "D Assortment" for me and I was able to go in and pick out the B+W Hitchcock yesterday.

Also, I wanted to confirm that Pinhead and The Fly are in the two front spots on the top row of a case (I don't know which assortment it was, but I pulled one from a fresh case at another GameStop). Again, thank you to the people who were posting their findings earlier on...Pinhead was the one I wanted the most!

The same goes for The Crow (1/36 normal version)...he has been in the front two spots on the top row and is either next to the Werewolf or The Fly (this might help for people that shake their boxes for size/weight before purchasing).

I know a lot of this is "old news"...but I just wanted to confirm that the patterns/case layouts are holding true. I hope this helps for those of you that are chasing after the 1/72 figures.

Also, a friend of mine got a case from GameStop and was nice enough to share his case layout with me. Here it is:

TOP ROW

BACK
Hitchcock.....Ed
Shaun.....Nosferatu
G.I.T.D. Cthulhu.....The Fly
FRONT

BOTTOM ROW

BACK
Creature.....Edward Scissorhands
Stripe.....Beetlejuice
Frankenstein.....David
FRONT

So there are "my findings" so far. The only other thing to note is if you are looking for a Cthulhu figure, it's HUGE...it feels enormous inside of the box and doesn't have much room to bounce around inside (if you gently shake an unopened box).

Happy hunting everyone!!! If anyone can confirm where they pulled a HT Exclusive Crow from in an untouched case I'm all ears (I'm assuming it'll be in one of the front two spots on the top row)!!

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:54 pm

ShyGuyPal wrote:
muffinhunter wrote:Is this a real and documented thing? I've gleaned bits of info from reading around on this site, but I don't really know all the tricks of the trade. Not that I've ever seen any of the horror minis "in the wild" anywhere around where I live. The Gamestops here seem mostly to only carry game-related ones or Walking Dead.

Yes! Top 6 are nearly guraunteed to have all the 1/24, 1/36, or 1/72 in that case. Best of luck!

I had a long week and wanted to try my hand at Gamestop again. Amongst the crowd there for the latest Call of Duty was a seemingly untouched full case of Horror Series 2. As seen time and time again has shown on here, I pulled the front two in hopes of Pinhead. Guess my luck finally came around when I pulled him! :) Woo-hoo! So happy, he is a neat figure!

Rad, I got one too, at the expense of most of a case worth of dupes. :) He really is a nice figure, it's too bad Funko felt the need to deny him to so many casual buyers.

ShyGuyPal

Postby ShyGuyPal » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Congratz smee and muffinhunter! And thanks for the breakdown smee, I'm glad you along with many others on this forum are so helpful! Real sense of community around here! I agree, I was kind of shocked at first Pinhead was the rarest one. I was thinking for sure Hitchcock would be that (even though B/W one was).

I wanted to do a follow-up to the collage I posted before, now with all the monsters mashed together in order of their appearance! There are funny gaps between some of them. I put Hitchcock as 1899 since that's when he was born. I guess I could have put his first movie, but whatever. Enjoy! :)

muffinhunter

Postby muffinhunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Oh, nice. I was actually contemplating displaying them in "chronological" order, you just saved me some IMDB searching. :) Very cool collage.

Daemon373

Postby Daemon373 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:47 am

Woah! Looks even better with everybody included ShyGuyPal! Although I can't help but keep my fingers crossed for Series 3 adding in some much needed females. Here's to hoping for Carrie, The Exorcist, and The Ring :D

MadLove
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby MadLove » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:45 am

Realized after the fact my GITD Cthulhu has two left wings lol Guess I'll be on the lookout for another. In the mean time anyone want a derpy Cthulhu or have the matching one with two right wings? lol
They/Them
ISO PROTOS: Labyrinth Jareth w/ riding crop, Harley Bombshell Rock Candy and David from The Lost Boys Mystery Mini.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:21 pm

My wife pulled a GITD Cuthulu today and a Werewolf
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25